[F1-PP] To The Cave!! <<TTLIAF>>

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  420/420 / EN:  42/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Mithril Battle AxeAccuracy (2) / Dam (1)

Shield of the ThunderheartsMitigation, Thorns, Paralyze

Adamantine PauldronsMIT II, Recovery I

The moment the loot was emptied from the chest Dagger commented to Alec and turned to head back to Lyle Tealeaf causing Alec to stand up and follow the other man. There was definitely a clipped precision about Dagger he was on a mission with a timeline to keep so Alec took a couple large steps and caught up with the other man as he made his way back into the Town of Beginnings. Alec usually liked to change out of his armor upon entering the town like taking off your outside shoes when you walked indoors but there was no time in Dagger's timeline for that so Alec continued to follow him. Alec watched quietly as Dagger finished the interaction and quest with Lyle and was given the package to give to Hannah the Artisan. Once Dagger had the pole he turned and briskly walked out the door headed for the Main Gate again. Alec continued to walk along beside the man as the entered the courtyard and left the Town via the Main Gate again 

Edited by Alec

When making his way through the town he stops by the artisan lady and smiles towards her and lowers his hat against his chest and bows towards the woman as he hands her the parcel in question. Good evening ma'am Lyle sent me and apparently there is some monster that needs to be dealt with no? He asks in a calm tone of voice towards the lady who nods her head with a smile and says. "That is right their is a cave out towards that direction, and if you go their you'll find a cave guardian that needs to be dealt with so i can get a crystal needed for my craft." When hearing that Dagger just nods his head and smiles towards her keeping hsi hat off and than waves towards her before making his way towards the direction of the cave in question. When once out of sight of the NPC he puts his hat back on with a grin across his face. Mission accepted time for you to do what you're best at sir. He says as he hands over towards the large man the safeguard that he had received. This will help you sir with that first nasty hook possibly that it has.

Alec follows Dagger through the streets of the Town of Beginnings as he makes his way from Lyle's Blacksmith shop to Hannah the Artisan and delivers Lyle's package to her and accepts the quest to find the gem and defeat the Cave Guardian. As the pair begin leaving and heading towards the Main Gate and the adventure that waits beyond it. Dagger looks over to Alec after placing his wide brimmed hat back atop his head and offers him the quests Safeguard Potion. "If you feel it's best I'll take the potion Dagger but I've built up my Mitigation quite nicely and will have to problem with the Cave Guardian. If you'd prefer you could keep it and use it just in case things get out of hand at some point during the quest. I'm here to endure your safety and it would reflect poorly on me if harm came to you while I was providing your protection. But as I've said the choice is yours." Alec replies deeply in his baritone rumble.

Take the potion good sir i won't be fighting that is your job not mine. he says calmly towards the larger man as he hands him the potion before making his way out of the town of beginning not caring for being in their as long as he could to avoid wasting time upon his schedule. even though he might be on time currently their is always the chance that something could go astray to cause things to get off the current track of such things. His eyes quickly scanning the grassy fields almost immediately for sight of a material or two that could be added to his collection that he has managed however minuscule it might be. Slow and steady wins the race after all and he plans to just take his time since their is no real rush to complete any quests for him. However, it seems the fates that be decided that he wouldn't be able to find something as of this moment. Focusing back upon the path in front of him he just continues making his way while keeping an ear out for anything said by his companion.

#115861 LD;5+5=10

Edited by Dagger

As Dagger pushes the potion toward Alec he nods in ascent send takes the potion and drains it in one quick swallow wincing at the sour taste of the liquid. "Ugh." Alec coughs as he finished the potion and its vial disappears in a shower of pixels. "At least the Immolation Potions taste like cinnamon. That tastes like pure..... yuck...nevermind." Alec finishes as he takes a couple long steps to catch up to Dagger and keep pace with him as they walk through the grasslands. Alec keeps a wary eye out for trouble his head slowly swivelling as he asks in his deep baritone rumble. "I don't suppose you have some sort of light source for when we're inside the cave do you? Last time I did this quest it was pretty dark and had me fumbling around and tripping over everything. We can manage without one but it'd be a whole lot easier with something to produce light." Alec finishes as he continues walking along scanning their surroundings for any trouble.

When hearing that he looks towards the man known as Alec with a slight look of surprise when hearing about the fact that there would be a need for a light source which he as a merchant ironically doesn't have since they are the only ones who actually sell those kinds of things. Sadly i didn't think to buy one of my own glowstones to help us along on this quest since i wasn't privvy to the knowledge that we would be needing one rather sadly so that leaves us where we are currently with no light source going into that dark cave. He says rather calmly not extremely bothered since he is more so hoping that having the search skill would at least help himself counter the natural darkness of such caves and areas. When thinking back to the comment of taste he does nod his head figuring that potions made to do some kind of things would be rather horrible to say the least in terms of tastes since the game does still allow people to taste what the consume. 'Something to keep in mind i suppose when gathering orders from a cook.'

Alec listened into as Dagger spoke and when he finished gave a nod of his head and a shrug of his shoulders at the other man's response. "Oh well, no harm." Alec replied deeply in his baritone rumble of a voice. I bet a Cave Guardian on the dark before and I'll just do it again then. Also as a fun fact. When I did the guest I found a Treasure Chest deep within the cave but when I opened it, it turned out to be on of those Mimic monsters. I foolishly in my excitement opened the chest in the cave. So maybe if you find one we or I could frag it outside before we open it? The shadows inside are slightly bothersome and make combat and other actions slightly more difficult than normal, but it's nothing that won't prevent us from completing this guest. But those Mimic monsters have proven to rather tough so whatever we can do to stack the combat in our favor would be best." Alec finished as he took a short pause from scanning their surroundings to glance over at Dagger with an eyebrow raised quizzically at the other man.

So if we find a chest in the gaze then just bring it out. Sounds simple enough nothing too dangerous if anything. I'll hand you one of my keys to aid you in that endeavor though if we find another treasure chest. He says calmly towards the larger built man as they make their way through the vast grassy fields passing by the multitude of small boars that slowly transition ever slightly towards more forest like beasts such as predatory wolves lurking about. Glancing about and not seeing much materials within this area he looks towards the man known as Alec. So then do you plan to try and fight every quest by yourself my good sir? Or if our agreement is seen as beneficial would you be willing to have a shadow follow you in such endeavors. He asks curiously towards the man thinking of some quests already that have that limitation.

#115973 LD:3+5=8

Edited by Dagger

Alec continues to walk along through the grasslands with Dagger as he keeps a keen eye peeled for any dangerous mobs or other Players as the walk along. Aleve spots several Boar in the distance but none close enough to trigger an attack from them. As the progress further and farther away from the Town of Beginnings Alec's shoulders visibly relax slightly and his breathing becomes more slow and even. His scowl still holds firm to his features but even that softens the farther from the town the progress. "I don't have an aversion to travelling and adventuring with a companion. I just haven't really met any yet. Other than Macradon and Vigilon, who are a pair of Players as well as Blacksmiths that I've purchased from you're the first other Player I've actually encountered and interacted with. If you'd like to spend more time out here doing quests I'd be agreeable to that. I've every quest I could find on the First Floor to include the Easter Event Boss Furry and the Emerald Dragon Hatchling I found in a field to the North. But I'm not against doing them again. I've heard there's a quest out there specifically for gathering materials but I haven't found to open it yet." Alec said in his deep baritone voice ad they continued their walk.

A quest to gather materials? Sounds like it could be our cup of tea once i get a bit better at the whole scouting thing which is a long ways away i think from where i am currently at woefully so. Though instead my man lets focus upon the present since after all the future is uncertain. Though i would very much so like to join you on these quests since you don't seem to be bothered by my company, and i need a shield to protect me. Seems like you might need a merchant and scout to spot all the smaller little things in this game so we both gain from this relationship quite well i would think. He says with a kind smile towards the larger man as they arrive at the outskirts of the cave glancing towards the larger man he gestures for him to take the lead  since seemingly he knows the way to find this thing, or more importantly to his health where that guardian spawns. Lead the way my good man. I don't feel like being surprised by a guardian taht could maybe kill me if i entered in first.

As the reach the cave entrance Alec eases his Mithril Battle Axe from the loop on his belt hanging from his hip. He casually twists and hefts his one handed Battle Axe till he finds the mist comfortable grip on it as he nods to Dagger and slowly steps into the cave letting his eyes adjust to the darkness as much as they can in the dim confines if the cave. Alec lets a small smile crack through the surface of his perpetual scowl at Dagger's comments and compliments. "I think would be quite advantageous to the both of us." Alec responded in a deep baritone whisper as he slowly begins making his way into the cave and the deepening darkness if the cave interior. "The Cave Guardian didn't appear until after I'd found the gem and pulled it from the wall where it was lodged. I can't guarantee it'll be the same this time but it stands to reason that taking the gem triggers the monsters appearance." Alec informed Dagger while maintaining his voice in a deep rumble of a whisper. "Let me know when you spot the gem and I'll ready myself to fight the Cave Guardian." Alec offers as a hard smile begins to cream into place on his face and a fierce twinkle begins to sparkle in his eye.

Following the larger man into the dark cavern he activates search to see if that improves his odds of not making a fool of himself within the darkness with very little luck seemingly the use of the night vision search mod would be needed to actually negate the darkness that surrounds this entire cavern. Following the way into the cavern alongside his bodyguard he lets his gaze shoot around the cavern quickly from one location to the next trying to spot the sign of any crystal that fits the designation that was given to him by the artisan. After some searching within the dark he quickly pulls out the small crystal like gem in his hands as soon after a rumbling from the cave occurs as the ground underneath their feet shakes. the form of the cavern guardian appearing covered in the darkness of no natural lighting.

#116028 LD:4+5=9

Alec:

Cave Guardian: 20/20  DMG:50/5

Edited by Dagger
Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  420/420 / EN:  42/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 - Safeguarded

Humphrey - Ready

Cave Guardian: 20/20  DMG:50/5

As Dagger and Alec enter the darkened cave Alec leads the way in case the quest line has changed from when he did the quest fir himself. Sure enough within moments of being within the cave Dagger spots the gem he needs, unlike when Alec did the guest and he had to search for what felt like hours to find it. But not unlike the last time as soon as Dagger plucks the gem stone from the wall there is a deep rumbling sound and Alec barely spots the darkened for of the Cave Guardian forming out of the darkness. Alec confidently steps forward his shield held up before him and his axe raised up over his shoulder as he calls upon the energy to power a Sword Art.

Spoiler

Roll: 116044

BD: 3 + 2 - 1= 4 (Miss)

CD: 4 (No EN Regenerated)

MD: 6 (Success) 50 - 44 = 6 (Safeguard Activates - No DMG)

As Alec reaches out to the energy to power a Sword Art the energy it's as if trying to grasp smoke as the power shifts and flows away from him leaving him frustrated and hollow. Alec grits his teeth and steps forward after his failure raising his shield as the Cave Guardian swings a massive fist down slamming into Alec's shield Luke mallet striking a gong as he deflects the blow there is a small flash of light as the Safeguard Potion activates and all remaining damage is negated but also preventing his shield from activating. Alec takes a deep calming breath as brings his shield back in front of him and raised his Mithril Battle Axe back up over his shoulder for round two.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  420/420 / EN:  36/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 - 

-1 Darkness

No EN Regenerated

Humphrey - Ready

Cave Guardian: 20/20  DMG:5

Edited by Alec

Post words

When the first moments of combat began he just nodded his head and got low to the ground and picked up a material from it with a grin upon his face from the fact that he managed to find something even in the darkness of the cave that is making it rather difficult to even see his hands. Seeing a brief flash of light envelop the cave he just covers his eyes from the blinding light that was shown as he grits his teeth. His vision trying to recover from the bright light to what feels like being like a bat with how blind he is when moving around. Calming himself quickly he says in a calm tone of voice with a certain confidence said within the words that he speaks. I'll leave this to you mon ami. You have this perfectly handled from what i could tell if that was indeed something that did just occur." A light chuckle escaping the lips of the merchant as he gets back towards searching the cave for something and everything.

#116102 LD:11+5=16 (+1 mat)

Edited by Dagger
Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  420/420 / EN:  37/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 - 

-1 Darkness

No EN Regenerated

Humphrey - Ready

Cave Guardian: 20/20  DMG:5

Alec had called on the energy to power a Sword Art but once again the energy had eluded him. He had reached for it and it had disappeared as if trying to grab water with his bare hands, running through his grip and not heading his call. The Cave Guardian had lashed out with its giant fist smashing into Alec's Shield of the Thunderhearts and rebounded harmlessly with a resonating BBOOONNNGGGG as if it had struck a gong that echoed and reverberated throughout the darkened cave. As the Cave Guardian had struck the Safeguard Potion Alec had quaffed at the beginning of the quest activated and he was left with not a scratch on him, however the potion had also prevented his shield from activating as well. Alec took a deep calming breath to center himself and calm his nerves as he brought his shield back up in front of him for protection as he brought his Mithril Battle Axe back up over his shoulder and prepared to swing again.

Spoiler

Roll: 116122

BD: 4 + 2 - 1 = 5 (Fail)

CD: 8 (+1 EN Regenerated)

MD: 6 (Success) 5 - 44 = 1 DMG (Thorns Activates 9 Unmitigated DMG)

As Alec swung his Mithril Battle Axe down at the Cave Guardian the darkness and shadows played tricks on his eyes and his swing missed the Cave Guardian and split only air to the side of the giant beast. The Cave Guardian let out a bellow that sound like boulders smashing together as it punched at Alec its giant fist rocketing forward. Alec brought his shield you to meet the punch as it collided squarely with his shield jarring Alec's shoulder slightly as his shield began to hum then SNAP it arced out a small bright light in the darkness as it shocked the Cave Guardian with a stored up charge of static electricity.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  419/420 / EN:  36/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 - 

-1 Darkness

No EN Regenerated

Humphrey - Ready

Cave Guardian: 11/20  DMG:5

Edited by Alec

Hearing a resounding sound of something hard hitting metal he takes solace in the fact that things are going well for his partner seemingly since the safeguard would've had to gone off by now if that was the case. Checking around the ground once more in the search of some kind of material for him to utilize in the end came to no avail sadly as the darkness that forever permeates this cave is making it much harder to find something that could be used in some crafting. No little cave herbs, no minerals that could be used in forging armor made of stone. Nothing. Then suddenly as if someone threw a flashbang the darkness parts ever so slightly for only a brief moment. GOD What was that! He shouts out from just more so shock of having something bright enter into this darkness as the light fades he is unable ot even use that momentary moment of vision to spot anymore materials on his next scrounging of the ground. That or even what the source of that was.

#116220 LD:7+5=12

@Alec

Edited by Dagger
Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  419/420 / EN:  37/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 - 

-1 Darkness

No EN Regenerated

Humphrey - Ready

Cave Guardian: 11/20  DMG:5

As Alec draws his Mithril Battle Axe back up over his shoulder readying himself to swing the one handed Battle Axe again he raises his shield up before him ready to defend against the Cave Guardian's next attack. Alec spares a second to glance over his shoulder at his adventuring companion Dagger with a deep sonorous chuckle. "That good Sir." Alec replies in his deep baritone rumble. "Would be this wonderful shield of mine that I bought from a Blacksmith and fellow Player named Vigilon. It is called the Shield of the Thunderhearts and it stores up static electricity from movement and fighting g and expels it in one if two charges. That was the small charge which occurs when an enemy damages me. The larger charge occurs when I score a perfect or near perfect hit and that charge acts like a taser and Paralyzes my opponent for a short time." Alec replies as he swings his Mithril Battle Axe down at the Cave Guardian again.

Spoiler

Roll: 116221

BD: 6 (Success) 5 DMG

CD: 6 (+1 EN Regenerated)

MD: 1 (Critical Fail)

Alec stepped forward and swung his Mithril Battle Axe down and sank its mirror finished head into the chest if the Cave Guardian with a loud CRACK of rock splitting. The Cave Guardian roared as it pulled its fist back to swing at Alec. As the Cave Guardian punched out in an uncontrolled hay maker punch its giant fist smashed into the roof of the cave colliding with and dragging along the ceiling knock a huge amount of rock loose from the roof to rain down atop The Cave Guardian as if a monumental hail storm were occuring.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  419/420 / EN:  36/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 - 

-1 Darkness

+1 EN Regenerated

Humphrey - Ready

Cave Guardian: 6/20  DMG:5

Hearing the sound of metal meeting metal he picks up another material once more for his own personal use with a grin upon his face at the opportunity that has been presented towards him. Picking up the material from the ground he adds it to his inventory once more to add into his growing stack for personal use that can allow him to possibly survive at east economically so which is what he is much more worried about to begin with. Glancing towards the sound of the fight he just nods his head when hearing the information that was sent towards him about how the shield came to be as he keeps that name in the back of his mind encase it becomes pertinent at a later date for a business venture. 'Vigilon. A blacksmith is always good to have around if i ever want to do this whole combat thing if i need to gather uniques for my shop's ventures.'

#116331 LD:11+5=16 (another mat gained)

Edited by Dagger
Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  419/420 / EN:  38/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 - 

-1 Darkness

+1 EN Regenerated

Humphrey - Ready

Cave Guardian: 6/20  DMG:5

Alec had delivered a solid strike to the Cave Guardian and opened a large rent in its stone body from his Mithril Battle Axe that had released grey pixels from it as he pulled his mirror finished axe head free from the wound. The Cave Guardian had swung its massive fist in an uncontrolled hay maker that had connected with the stone ceiling knocking large chunks of rock down on top of its own head. Alec managed to raise his shield and block most of the debris that fell onto him as he raised his Mithril Battle Axe back and centered his shield ready again for the Cave Guardian. 

Spoiler

Roll: 116344

BD: 9 (Crit + 1) 5 + 1 = 6 DMG - Paralyze Activates

CD: 10 (+1 EN Regenerated)

MD: 5 - PARALYZED

As the Cave Guardian stood back up after being bombarded by debris and lumbered forward towards him Alec raised his Mithril Battle Axe into the air and swung down connecting with a mighty strike in the Cave Guardian's chest that chopped a large chunk of rock free from it's body. As Alec's mirror finished axe head dug into the Cave Guardian's chest his shield began to hum again only this time the hum was deeper in tone before CRACK it arced out again with a larger charge of static electricity that caused the Cave Guardian to seize and contract Paralyzing the monster where it stood. Alec brought his shield up and raised his axe ready to strike again. As the Cave Guardian seized and convulsed its firm began to shake and waver till it exploded in a cloud of grey pixels.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  419/420 / EN:  37/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 - 

-1 Darkness

+1 EN Regenerated

Humphrey - Ready

Cave Guardian: 0/20  DMG:5 - DEAD

Hearing the sound of something crumbling he turns his head towards the general direction of the sound and nods his head ever so slightly before making his way towards the direction in which he thinks the exit towards the cave is once more. With the guess being much more trying to find the spot in the darkness that appears to have more light then the rest. Sounds like you dealt with our Guardian problem Alec. Lets make haste back towards the town then time is still of the essence. He says calmly as he walks within the dark cave before his foot hits something that causes him to trip ever so slightly, and whatever he had kicked was particularly hard like metal. At least in this game pain isn't real. He says in a annoyed tone of voice but still can feel the slight sensation of pain even then since his brain is use to that approach. Taking out a golden colored key he holds it ready to open the chest. If Alec is nearby he would hand the key off to him to open the chest.

#116365 LD:18+5=23 treasure chest found

@Alec

Edited by Dagger