[PP-F7] Revenge of The King (Daeron, Miaki)

Daeron exited the inn from a good night's rest. It had been a 3 Day Hiatus since they killed the Prince. Daeron asked brokers who told about a ruthless King on a hunt for two players. Daeron knew who he was talking about, and sent a message to Miaki to meet up. The two had grown immensely in three mere days, including level, and Daeron's new pet, Scorch.

Miaki, meet me on Floor 7, we need to hunt this King down today, end this whole feud ASAP. Thanks, Daeron.

He said briefly ready for yet another adventure.

Miaki received Daeron's message and packed his gear ready to embark on the continuation of their adventure. He left the inn he was staying in on the 6th floor and went through the teleportation gate to the seventh floor. He looked around for Dearon and his new familiar. The glowing fiery phoenix was easy to spot for Miaki. "Ahh there you are Daeron. I hope you weren't waiting long." He said as he clasped hands with Daeron.

(OOC: Should we lengthen the time so we can have our current weapons and stuff?)

Daeron shook his head. "Actually, no not at all. In fact, I just got out getting ready to wait for you, but I see, now that you're here, we should have no problem. We should get going though, because we don't want to burn daylight away, before the tougher monsters come out." Daeron said as he equipped his Solar Flux Robe. "There, now I shouldn't burn alive in this scorching heat, it's hotter than Floor 5." he said as he began leading Miaki outside of the outskirts of the town towards the sunlight, that reflected off the red sand, making the air hot and dry.

Miaki looked at the trench coat he was wearing. "Well this shouldn't be THAT bad. I have a vest I wear on floor six in the humid jungles that would help. If it gets too hot out there I might just have to start removing armor from me." He said with a laugh and a wink. "How are things going with you and Scorch? Getting along well together?"

Daeron laughed and nodded. "Yeah, Scorch seems to be growing on me rather quickly. He's a great companion, and turns out that his special ability is in fact healing. I plan on getting him some battle armor crafted soon to maybe increase his healing ability or maybe increase his damage dealt." he says as he continues walking on the red sand and gravel. Off in the distance, through a blur of heat waves rising from the ground there was a black blur in the distance, Daeron was able to make out that the form created what looked to be a castle, and that if it's that small in the distance, it must be massive up close. "Over there! Let's go!" Daeron says to Scorch and Miaki, beginning to run ignoring the slight amount of heat that was finally starting to get to him.

Miaki grabbed Daeron's shoulder before Daeron started moving out into the desert. "Hey hold up, did you know you could get horses here? Most levels have access to them but they can be rather pricey. It would be smart to get some to cross the desert instead of getting ourselves killed." Miaki opened his GUI and sent Daeron a party request. "I've used this service on this floor before and he stable isn't too far away, just on the other side of town in fact. Let go there first."

Daeron was about to sprint off until he was stopped by Miaki's grip on his shoulder. He was told about horses before, but never actually felt that it was necessary to get one, as it was nice being able to grind from random monsters here and there, but seeing the distance between them and the castle in the distance, he knew it would take the entire day and night just to travel there, who knows how difficult the monsters could get all the way out there. Finally after thinking about it for a moment or two, Daeron agreed to get a horse with Miaki. "Alright, lead the way young one."

"Young one?" Miaki said looking back, "I'm probably older than you." Miaki lead him around the exterior of the settlement they were near. After 10 minutes they were at he stable made available to players. It was a little hidden from most and you'd probably only find it if you were looking for it. The two approached the NPC and rented themselves horses to use for the time being."Alright, pick one." Miaki told Daeron as he selected a horse and mounted the beast. Her name was <> and her color explained why. "Off into the unknown. Now I really look like I'm out of a western. Minus a Colt revolver or something."

Daeron saw a variety of horses lined up in the stalls along the side of the outside of the building. He was looking through and none caught his interest, except for one. The horse that had caught his attention was on of the last in the aisle of mares. When he looked at the horse's name, he saw the name of the horse was Flare. The color of the horse was black, with red tips on each hair, looking like fire on it's body. "This one, I'll take it, or rent it whatever." he said as he led the horse, while he was riding it now. "Alright let's go." he said as he was ready to head to the off in the distance castle.

Miaki sat on his horse and waited for Daeron to choose his steed. "Alright then let's ride!" Miaki said while he turned his horse and began riding out into the desert. He opened his inventory menu and scrolled through some of the stuff he had until he found the book he was looking for. He selected the item and a leather bound book appeared in his hands. "Might as well pass the time away with this." He said not hesitating a second and began reading.

Daeron rode his newly rented horse with Miaki through the scorching sun in the red mars-like field. He looked around to find the castle was near them now. Daeron had been so focused on keeping on the horse, that he hadn't realized they must have been riding for several hours. "Miaki, we're here. Ready to go in?" he asked as he tied the horse to a post outside of the castle as if they had been expected to arrive any minute. "Strange.... but let's roll with it." Daeron said as he entered the castle's first set of doors, leading to the interior of the walls, then to the interior courtyard of the castle. Again, there was another set of stairs, but this one led to a wall with nothing there. No door, window, levers, nothing. "Something's gotta be up with this." he said as he began looking throughout the castle for some sort of secret trigger.

Miaki tied his own horse down and followed Daeron inside. The courtyard had a stone floor and a statue of something Miaki couldn't make out yet. They looked around for signs of life or anything for that matter. "Stay alert. Also, keep an eye out for chests with possible loot. Last time I was out with Clarence we found a chest with an insane amount of materials for crafting." Miaki told Daeron.

Daeron nodded, and then left to split apart from Miaki. He looked around the hallways of the castle, but nothing is actually there. Daeron checked every door that was there, but every one of them were locked. After searching for nearly half an hour, Daeron and Miaki both met up at the staircase yet again, however, this time there was a large door with gold plating on it at the top of the stairs. "Umm... Miaki, did I happen to have missed anything you've done in this castle." he said as he scratched the back of it.

Miaki glanced back to where they had come from. "Ummmm I'm not sure. I might have spaced out just now. Or maybe for the last 20 minute. I haven't touched anything myself... Should we double back and check where we've been?" Maiki asked while opening his map of the structure they were currently in.

• 4 weeks later...

Daeron shook his head. "No, I think we're fine. You ready for anything that's behind this door?" he said as he placed his hand on the door, but didn't push yet. He held his weapon in case anything had been waiting to jump out at him. Daeron also checked his inventory and saw that he still had 4 Healing Crystals in case he truly needed them.

Miaki opened up his menu and made a few selections checking what gear he had equipped and made sure he was combat ready. Looking at the iron clad door before them he wondered what exactly they might be facing, he smirked to himself. "Showtime." As he pushed the 2 meter high door open revealing a large interior. The hall was lit by torches attached to stone columns in the room. He walked down a set of stone steps leading into the hall. The walls were atleast 5 meters high but it was hard to say because of how dark the ceiling was.

At the end of the long hall, there was a throne. However the throne was entirely empty and held no body within it. A sword sat beside the throne, but nobody to hold it. Something about this room was odd and peculiar. "Miaki, I don't like the looks of this" he said as he walked towards the throne. The throne was cold, as if nobody had ever sat in it in ages, and the weapon looked rusted. On the sheath of the sword, there were words. "The Rust On The Blade Shows No Weakness In The Blade"