Daggers and Greatswords

I have the feeling this is already the case, but only relevant for higher tier weapons. For example, a high quality weapon can have a number of bonuses (as long as they get approved). As such, it would be indeed logical to give daggers a bonus focused on speed or some special swift move, while a large weapon could focus on simple dealing more damage or having a stun effect. In the end, however, this is up to the crafter.

On the other hand, every single "standard item" right now is equal in strength/defense. Doesn't matter what it's made from, doesn't matter what type of object it is. A dragon-crystal 2-handed sword of standard quality equals a wooden stick of standard quality in terms of power. It would be logical to have some difference with respect to these factors, but it seems a rather complicated system to implement without the help of automation and/or some weapon/material database including that some materials would be harder to obtain than others, etc. etc.

But that's just my 2 cents.

TL;DR: nice idea, seems difficult to implement

While I agree it's a good idea, it seems like it might be a bit tough since we don't fight on a grid or anything. I'd debate that spears get longer ranges for example, as a spear user. And every other weapon would need it's own advantages and disadvantages which would just add a lot of work.

In my mind since this is more RP than it is a combat game like D&D, there is no shame in weapons being the same. Maybe we could have things to spice up our RP to reflect these things though. Like a guy with a greatsword does one POWERFUL slash a turn, while a dagger user can unleash a combo, which does the exact same damage and call that a turn.

I know, guys but the 1-handed sword is the non-risky weapon. Daggers and greatswords on the other hand, should have a bonus no matter what and a risky disadvantage. like i said on the first post, a greatsword should give an extra point to attack and a decrease to battle die for the fact that it is slow and easy to dodge sometimes. I liked your point, How it would be to logical, but it would make this a more strategically placed rp game for the players, which therefore makes it alot more fun to play. wouldn't you agree?

The problem I see with this is that people will choose weapons with the best modifiers in order to be better. People will likely aim for the ones with +1 battle dice to increase chances of hitting. Add those over time and you will never miss. This is also something hard to manage and monitor if issues arise. I can see your point of view with the risks of either weapon but what about pole-arms/spears? How about axes or battleaxes? I've been around for quite a bit and I see how some of these can be exploited over time.

I can see where you're coming from for all sorts of weapon types, but in all honesty, I can see more flaws than perks in a system like this. For starters, It's too hard to manage. Everyone can just equip what they want, when they want. Meaning everyone can just change their gear to defeat enemies. Second, If there's a way to cheat, someone will do it. And this system will definitely be cheated. People would claim they have all the basic skills, when they only have one. And honestly, who would want to sit down and go through EVERY journal to make sure that the skills are set right? All in all, I guess it was an idea with good intentions, but it would cripple the combat system beyond belief.