[PP/F1+] <<Tricks of the Trade>>

Alec watched his mentor closely as he heated and flattened the Material into a thin sheet before sketching lines and designs onto the sheet. Then as he brought over the small saw and tapped it on the sheet causing the outlines to light up blue and the rest of the sheet to explode into tiny pixels, then as his mentor placed the pieces together like a three dimensional puzzle and watched as the computer did the rest. As the large man watched his mentor assemble the gauntlet his thoughts drifted back to his wife, Gwen loved puzzles and she would have loved this part of Blacksmithing. Alec had done the puzzles with Gwen but purely for the time spent with her. He could take or leave the puzzles themselves although it was fun to watch her face light up when the last piece fell into place and the picture was revealed. The thought made Alec smile as his mentor finished up and towards him. "A few days?" Alec asked as Macrdaon turned around. "I guess I better get started then." The large man stated as he opened up his inventory and removed a stack of Materials ready to begin. Alec set about working his first piece of Material and soon enough he was staring dumbfounded at Perfect set of Heavy Armor he would have loved to have owned as a Tier 1. The armor was ultra dense and provided excellent amounts of protection and Mitigation. Alec continued his work Salvaging some Materials and expending others. After a full day spent crafting he had two pieces he felt confident in presenting to his Mentor for inspection and critique. His Mountain Plate and a set of finely engraved Heavy Armor with roses entwining the armor and small Thorns jutting from the armor in various places.

@Macradon

Edited by Alec
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day went by with Macradon supervising Alec while he crafted and practiced on sheet metal and using the Cardinal engine for crafting. At some points, Macradon had gone up to the shoppe part of his store to greet customers and those that just came to say hi and update Macradon on stuff that he probably needed to know. This went on the entire day until Macradon went down again to finally see what Alec had to showcase. Looking at the two pieces, Macradon smiled with glee and nodded his head. The first piece was pretty great, but the second lacked, but was still quite the usable piece. “Very well done!” Macradon said as he looked at the two plated armors “If I may?” Macradon asked before picking up the first piece “Mountain Plate, ey.” Macradon said and inspected the craft, it was a beautiful craft, and it showed that Alec had come a long way since his first days as a blacksmith, these were results Macradon liked. He would put the pieces back into their spots and would nod his head at Alec “I think you’re ready now. Two perfect pieces of equipment should suffice." Macradon said and smiled at Alec, maybe he would get it, maybe not. Macradon would send Alec to Hephaestus to challenge the "God of Blacksmithing" and see if he was worthy of that mantle of achieving something even his master, Macradon, hadn't achieved yet.

Alec nodded to his mentor Macradon. "I had seen that message, but for one I didn't know how to open it until a few days ago. But for number two once my friend Kirb's showed me how to open it I ignored it because I'm your apprenticeship and I would never dream of trying to complete this sort of quest until you decided I was ready to compete in it." The large man stated assuredly as he gazed upon his mentor. "If you feel I'm ready to compete against Hephestus the God of the Forge I'll step before this God and put him to shame in the name of my mentor Macradon Grandmaster Blacksmith of Aincrad and my mentor!" The large man stated with complete conviction and pride in his chosen path and course as he began to place a few hammers into his inventory and tapped the icon for his personal gift from his mentor his Obsidian Anvil as he gathered the items he felt he'd need to represent his mentor as best he could and complete this quest in the name of his mentor Macradon the Grandmaster Blacksmith of Aincrad.

Macradon would nod his head “I feel like you’re ready. It’s something that will improve your craftsmanship by a lot, and seeing it that I haven’t even completed the quest, this could be your Journeyman project!” Macradon said with an enthusiastic smile and tone. “I feel like you can go up and face the God of the Forge and show him what you can do as an individual. I was only a stepping stone for you, your accomplishments were yours alone.” Macradon said with a proud smile. “This apprenticeship has not really gone on for that long, but I am sure that you have been taught a lot, and I still have a lot to teach you, but I don’t think you need to be my apprentice anymore, I’m more confident on calling you my assistant if anything. Would’ve called you my junior assistant … but that would just feel weird.” Macradon said with a rather weird chortle.

Alec listened to his mentor speak nodding his head when he had finished. "I received a message some time ago about travelling to Olympus or some such and making introductions to Hephestus. To be honest I ignored it. I figured it was sone sort of spam mail or scam message. But if you say it's legit and that I'm ready I'll open it and meet this, well yeah I guess he's a god." The large man said as he looked to his mentor with a genuine smile upon his face. "I really hope you don't plan on tossing me out on my ear when I get back." The large man stated flatly. "I've really enjoyed working for you and would really like to keep doing it until I'm ready to start my own shop. If I feel like opening my own shop, your guidance and friendship has meant the world to me and I'd love for it it continue when I return. Whether you know it or not you still have mountains to teach me." The large man finished as he clapped his mentor on the shoulder.

@Macradon

Macradon would nod his head “It does indeed seem like quite the fantasy tale, suddenly getting a message telling you to meet a literal deity.” Macradon said with a smile, “But we are in quite the fantasy tale right now, aren't we?” he added, chortling lightly. “Don’t you dare think I would get rid of you. Even though you’re not efficient when doing orders and requests, why would I throw away a perfect apprentice that didn’t just disappear from me when I wanted to teach them all I know. When you come back, you’re gonna be my assistant and not my apprentice, you’ll be a professional blacksmith then!” Macradon said with a broad smile and a happy tone. Receiving the clap from Alec, Macradon felt like he could go in for a more intimate embrace, as they were about to part ways until Alec would eventually come back from his quest, as a Champion of the Blazing Typhoon against the god of the forge Hephaestus. As Macradon hugged Alec he would say “Go show them who’s boss!” and would let go, giving Alec a helping hand and pushed him outside of his shop.

Alec returned the hug with a hug of his own. It had been many years since he had this much physical contact and to be honest it was kind of refreshing. Not that Alec was a bigger by any means but the connection was string and felt solid and right. As Macradon seemed to become slightly flustered by the situation and began ushering the large man out if his shop Alec glanced over his shoulder and in his deep baritone rumble he said. "I'll do you proud Macradon. When I get there I'll tell Hephestus that you sent your apprentice to represent the Blazing Typhoon because the God of the Forge was not yet ready to face my mentor." The large said cheerily as he was physically shoved out the door of Macradon's shop. "If I didn't know better." The large man offered with a sly wink. "I'd say you've got hot date tonight and that's why you're so in a hurry to literally shove me out the door of your shop." The larger man offered with a warm deep chuckle as he allowed himself to be manhandled and bodily shoved out the door into the streets of the Town of Beginnings with a huge cheshire grin on his normally stern face. "All right all right I'm leaving." The large man said as he waved to his mentor and set out for Floor Seventeen, My Olympus and beyond.

@Macradon

As Alec exited the shop Macradon would nod at the man “Do ‘em good!” he said encouragingly at his apprentice “This should just be a test to show the Cardinal System that you’re more than ready to be a proper blacksmith!” Macradon said as he sent off his apprentice. With a last remark from the behemoth of a man, Macradon would blush lightly and take a slight step backwards “M-my fiance and I hadn’t really thought of anything like that … yet …” and looked down into the ground. He wasn’t used to romance, and he surely wasn’t used to being engaged, but that was the reality of the situation. “Yah you better be!” Macradon with an angry but joking tone as Alec said his farewell. Waving goodbye to his apprentice, Macradon would once again be alone in his shop, only for him to work in for a long time until Alec one day would return.