[PP/F9] Bring the Heat <Guardian of Fire>

"Good night little one." The large man whispered with a faint wistful smile as he glanced over at the young woman as she drifted off to sleep. Alec watched her for a moment of two his thoughts drawn back to his own son Danny back home in middle America. The thoughts brought a smile but also a pang of loss and sadness that he wasn't with him right now. "You get some sleep too pal." The large man whispered to his familiar Humphrey. The bear cub scooted over and wormed his way in between Kirbs and Alec letting out a soft happy growl as he too closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. Alec's eyes drifted over the sleeping forms as he then redirected his gaze back out over the open floor, once more scanning the landscape for any hidden trouble. Alec passed the night that way glancing at his sleeping companions before scanning the lava rock and magma covered landscape as he searched the surrounding area scanning for any signs of trouble attempting to reach them as the others slept. The night passed uneventfully and finally the sun began to poke its head over the dark soot stained horizon. The dark soot and ash filled clouds here allowed only a lightening of the sky instead of actual sunshine so Alec waited patiently to see if his travelling companion's would arise or continue to sleep.

@Kirbs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirbs' right eye snapped open as she watched what little light drizzle into the air. Yeah, screw sleep. She didn't need more of it! She jumped up and yawned. "Good morning," she mumbled, wrinkling her nose. Boy, wasn't it fun to just sleep on rocks? Yes, yes it was. She yawned again and stretched her back. 

She pulled out a cookie she had bought a few days ago and started nibbling on it. What? Her stomach was going to feed itself! She was totally pulling a Dustin move. Like, where the hell does that guy even get his food from? Is he secretly rich? Like, let her get in on that money! "We should get moving," she paused, looking over at the other player among her. It was still dark... which really kind of sucked. She felt a shiver go down her spine as she started walking off into the unknown.

Alec watched as young lady sprang awake and very nearly hustled off into the early morning gloom which was only slightly less lit than the mid day gloom or the evening gloom thanks to the soot filled clouds and sky. "You feeling ok?" The large man asked as he easily caught up to the young lady and her hustled steps. "Did you sleep ok?" He asked in his deep baritone rumble with honest concern in his voice. Kirb's entire demeanor had seemed to change between yesterday and today and had the older man honestly concerned for the young lady's health. Alec kept an eye on her from the corner of his eye as they made their way deeper into the lava rock and magma pool landscape in search of a cave that housed their three headed dog they were seeking. But as they walked Alec wondered if what they were doing was even a good idea if one or both of them were distracted in any way it could be the death if either or both of them and that's the last thing the large older man wanted.

@Kirbs

Kirbs feverishly glanced from the dark sky and then back to her hands. "Yeah, I'm fine! Just fine!" She piped, shoving her hands back into the pockets of her pants. "I'm just not a morning person!" She said smoothly. Well, that was partly true. She hated mornings, eugh. What was so good about waking up in the morning? You could wake up in the afternoon and still feel fine and dandy! 

Another silent yawn escaped her as she walked on. Seriously, really how far was this thing? This quest was far too easy to be walking for more than a day. Stupid was the only word she would use to define this whole fiasco. The redhead sighed and looked down at the rocky floor. "So, tell me about your family," she paused, her eyes flickering back and forth between Alec and the ground. "What were they like? You speak fondly of them."

Alec looked wistfully into the distance at the thought of his family. "Well my wife Gwen is the most beautiful woman in the world. We met when we were in school together. High school sweethearts and all. We got married a few years after we graduated and a few years later we had our son Danny. He's, oh what would it be, 16 years old now." Alec said as he continued to look to the horizon thinking of home. "We have a family dog Scout who's a Black Lab Newfoundland mix. They're the most important thing in my life and the reason I'm working so hard to get back to them. Gwen's a stay at home mom and Danny is into basketball and football plus his video games." The large man stated as he passed a hand around displaying their surroundings. "What about you? Tell me about your family the large man offered trying to find any way to get the young woman out of the funk she seemed to be in.

@Kirbs

"They seem very nice," she murmured, smiling softly as he recalled his own family.

"My family?" She questioned, her shoulders sagging for few seconds. "They were-- they are," she corrected herself, "they are really... unique. My brothers, specifically. Those two were little rascals," she chuckled. "They were twins, you see, and I swore they had some kind of twin telepathy or something. It always drove me nuts, those two." She sighed, shaking her head. "Yeah, my parents raised some weird children, didn't they?"

"Me and my brothers are obsessed with video games, it was almost concerning, really. They're probably in college or something by now, or at least I hope so," she mumbled the last part mostly to herself. It really did concern her that she couldn't know how her brothers were doing. They would both be nineteen now, so that means that they would be in college, right? They didn't particularly seem like people to go to the work force, nor did they really seem like they would only graduate high school. She knew those two had big plans in life, she just wished she knew what they were.

"That sounds a pretty great family you yourself as well." The large man said as he listened to the young woman tell of here own brothers. "Danny really loved video games too. I got this game for him after." Alec said. "Believe bit it not a promo code for the game fell out of a garbage can I picked up on my route back home. That's the only way I was able to get my hands on a copy. But there was no way I was going to let my teenage son run around in a virtual world without knowing it was safe first so I logged in his place on opening day. He was so excited to play. I told him to give me one hour to check it out and make it was safe." Alec looked down and tapped his wrist as if seeing if his watch was working before twisting it toward Kirbs. "What do you think? Is my turn up yet?" He asked with a low chuckle. "Longest hour ever." The large man finished with another low chuckle of old half amusement and half loss. "But I guess we had sacrifices to make. Am I right? Sorry to get so heavy there." The older man apologized. "So what's your favorite thing in here?" Alec asked trying to lighten the mood. "I'll tell you mind if you tell me yours." He offered with a sideways grin.

@Kirbs

"Yhea, they were pretty great," she said softly, fiddling with her fingers. "Ah, I see. Well, I would rather have me stuck in here than my parents... who knows what I would've done in real life if my dad was stuck in here," she grimaced, already not wanting to think about it. 

"My favorite thing here?" She echoed, thinking for a few seconds. "Well, the scenery in Aincrad is by far great... but I don't think that it would be my favorite thing. The parties and events held are pretty sick, too. Gah, I don't really know! I like a lot of things here!" She racked through her brain for a solid answer to his question. "I really like the people I've met here. Most of them are nice, so far at least. I wish I could meet the front-liners out there, though," she said, giving the ground a far off look. "I haven't really met any... and the one I did meet, it wasn't really on good circumstances," she sighed, not wanting to go back to that memory. 

Alec could sense the young woman slipping towards depression and did his best to reel her back in. "I've met a few Front Liners myself the large offered with a smile. I ran a quest and a Dungeon with a pair of them not do long ago. Hestia?" The large man offered. "She's an insanely tough Tank and an all around great person. She just formed a guild called Radiant Sanctuary. It's a place for people to find a safe place here with people who look out for each other and a Front Line damage dealer called Sey. He's the Man Who Never Misses. It was truly amazing watching him zip around the fight smashing everything. Zip, Zoom Pow!!" The large man the noises ad he raced his hand around. "Plus my Blacksmithing mentor Macradon. I'm pretty sure he's had something to do with the Front Lines but he doesn't talk about it and I don't ask." The large man explained. "But far and away my FAVORITE thing here." Alec said as he stopped for second to express his point. "Is the COFFEE!!! Whoever programmed the coffee was a genius and a real connoisseur. Because the best coffee I've tasted is here in Aincrad." The large finished with a smile thinking of how delicious the dark hot liquid tasted.

@Kirbs

“Oh, yeah. I’ve met Hestia. She’s real nice,” she nodded, failing to mention how she met Hestia, but he didn’t need to know that, yet. She bubbled with excitement at the mention of Sey. She had forgotten that he was a front-liner! “Yeah, yeah! Sey is like a big brother to me! His wedding is supposed to be soon, actually... I’m supposed to be the flowergirl!” She cackled, rubbing her hands together. Oh, the joy she would have! Stuffing rose petals down people’s throats! To be honest, she has never really seen Sey in action. With the way Alec was talking about him, he must be pretty good! --And Macradon-- she had gotten her Aftershock from him, but she has never really talked to him apart from that. 

"Coffee?" She made a face, something between a disgusted one and a gagging one at that. "I never really liked coffee that much. Caffeine doesn't do too well on my taste buds," she stuck out her tongue.

Alec let out a loud peel of deep heartfelt laughter at the young ladies reaction to coffee. Holding his sides he bellowed out true heartfelt enjoyment. "That's priceless." The large man finally wheezed as he regained his breath. "Thank you for that." Alec exclaimed with a huge grin on his face. "But yes coffee is definitely an acquired taste. You either love it or you don't. And I can see you...do....not." Alec stated as he finally brought himself u set control. "I hadn't known Set was getting married. He never said anything about it during our quest, but them again he didn't say a while lot about anything. He seems to be a very quiet private person. Or maybe that was just because it was our first meeting." The large stated as he thought about the while scenario. "Well if you're going to be a flower you'll have a front row seat and be the second most important person there, aside from the bride if course. She's always numero uno." The large man said holding up an index finger. "You'll have to tell me how the wedding goes and give them both my best?" Alec asked as he continued his walk through the pumice filled landscape occasionally kicking or stomping on one of the ultra light porous stones for fun. 

@Kirbs

Sey? Quiet? She never thought that those two would go together in a sentence unless it was 'Sey is not quiet'. "Yeah, I didn't know until a few months ago. Who knew someone was capable of loving such a huge arse?" She chuckled jokingly, her eyes nervously glancing back to the setting sun. When did it get so dark?! "I guess I am pretty damn important to Sey, huh?" She grinned, placing her hands on her hips. That was a lie. She'd probably only known Sey for a few months but he was still a big brother figure to her! "Yeah, I'm sure to tell him that," she nodded her head, smiling.

Looking up at the sky once more, she mumbled feverishly and turned her head back at Alec. "Say, it's already getting dark," she said quickly, laughing. "Why don't we hit the hay tonight? Find a nice lava pit again or something?"

"Sounds good to me." The large man replied as he began looking for another area that could be easily defended should the need arises. After a short time spent searching Alec spotted a small hole about 8 feet across on top of a small hill. The vantage would give clear sight if anyone approaching plus keep them well hidden within the hole. "How about this?" The large man asked signalling to his travelling companion Kirbs to get her opinion on the matter. "And as to your question. I'd say yes you are you only ask the people you truly care about to share your special day with them and you choose an even more select list of those you want to play a special role in. Bride, Groom, Best Man, Maid of Honor and Flower Girl. Not necessarily in that order." The large man ticked off the roles on one hand. Those are the true family of the Bride and Groom. Take it from someone who's already married. I know." Alec stated with a smile as he laid out the bear skin shoulder wrap for the young woman again. Situated himself in a comfortable position inside the indention as well.

@Kirbs

Kirbs laughed to herself and shrugged. "I'm pretty sure it's just because I'm the youngest person he knows and that I've been bugging him about it for a long, long time, but I'll take your word on it," she said, sitting back down on the bear skin. She felt like that this didn't really disturb her as much as she wanted it to, but y'know, yolo. She hugged her legs close to her again and let out a deep sigh. She looked at the sky once more and curled up into a ball with a nervous smile. "Well, it's getting dark so have a good night!" She said rather quickly, dipping her head into her arms. 

A low his emitted from the shoulders of the already passed out owner and a Nguruvilu's head popped out from the shadows of her neck. Scarfy seemed to 'roll' his slit eyes as she clambered off of his master and curled up himself close to the redhead. Awe, he does care!

Alec kept another night long vigil to endure no one approached them while the young woman slept. They were outside the safe zone after all and anyone or anything could approach and attack them at will. As the sun came up over the soot darkened horizon Alec reached over and gently nudged the young woman awake on the shoulder. As she lifted her head Alec informed her that he had spotted the cave they were searching for just down the hill from them and led the way inside. As soon as they entered they were immediately accosted by a trio of dark, angry viscous looking dogs who set upon them instantly. Alec quickly enacted a Sword Art and swung his Axe of Rending around like he was chopping a tree and savagely triple hit the first Hell Hound and tore a jagged gaping wound in its hide as he pulled the serrated axe head through with his back swing. The other two Hell Hounds proved more agile as they jumped clear of the large man's sideways swing growling and gnashing their teeth at him as they retreated. Alec returned his own growl at the beasts as he kept his large body between them and his young travelling companion.

@Kirbs

Roll: 120318

BD: 9+1=10 (Crit +1) 5+1=6*3=18 DMG (BLD 12 - 2 turns)

Roll: 120319

BD: 5 (Miss)

Roll: 120320

BD: 3 (Miss)

[4/2/2] Alec - Lvl: 34 / HP: 710/710 / EN:  60/68 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 104 / ACC: 0 / EVA: -1 (SW) / Stonewall: - 25% DoT / BH: 7 / THN: 36 / BLD: 12 - 2 turns / OOC Healing: 40 - Immune environment | Clean - The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)

[0/0/0] Kirbs - LVL: 16 | HP: 320 | EN: 32 | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 12/30 | DMG: 50 |(MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage) - BLD 12 - 2 turns

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 30/30 | DMG: 50 |(MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage)

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 30/30 | DMG: 50 |(MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage)

Edited by Alec

Thank Gods she had gotten that survival skill. She would be complaining her head off if she didn't have it! She never did too well with the heal... but it just felt warm in the cave.

Kirbs jumped as a pack of ferocious dogs approached them. "I would've thought they were cute if they weren't trying to kill us!" She exclaimed, getting ready to use her Link spin attack sword art. Just as Alec finished his attack, she bounded in the middle of the three and unleashed her three-sixty fury! Her spear had managed to hit two of them, both effectively dissipating into a cloud of red shards. Just as she was just about to look at the first one, but it had already exploded into the air from Alec's bleed attack before she could. She clapped her hands together and grinned. "Alright, that was fast, we'll be over with this quest in no time, just you wait!"

Spoiler

ID: 120321

CD: 12, +2 EN

BD: 3, Miss

ID: 120322

BD: 9, Hit

ID: 120323

BD: 5, Hit

8x6= 54 DMG

[4/2/2] Alec - Lvl: 34 / HP: 710/710 / EN:  60/68 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 104 / ACC: 0 / EVA: -1 (SW) / Stonewall: - 25% DoT / BH: 7 / THN: 36 / BLD: 12 - 2 turns / OOC Healing: 40 - Immune environment | Clean - The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)

[0/2/1] Kirbs - LVL: 16 | HP: 320 | EN: 27 | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 0/30 | DMG: 50 |(MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage) -12 [BLEED]

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 0/30 | DMG: 50 |(MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage) -54

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 0/30 | DMG: 50 |(MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage) -54

Alec let out a long low whistle of appreciation. "You're quite the little whirling dervish with spear aren't you." Alec exclaimed in appreciation and respect just as another pack of three Hell Hounds charged forward. "These mutts just don't know when to quit do they?" The large man asked as he stepped forward to meet their charge. As the three new Hell Hounds charged forward Alec activated his Sword Art again swinging his Axe of Rending out in a horizontal arc missing the leading dog but chopping into the trailing two dogs. As he pulled his serrated axe head through the ending of his swing on the middle Hell Hound his axe head tore a viscous ragged wound in its hide that spewed red pixels into the air as he stepped to again place himself between the dogs and his smaller travelling companion the whirl spear of death. I mean seriously Alec thought to himself. This little young lady was like a freaking blender with that spear of hers. "Feel free to what you do." Alec called out as he motioned towards the dogs.

@Kirbs

Roll: 120324

BD: 5 (Miss)

Roll: 120325

BD: 9 (Crit +1) 5+1=6*3=18 DMG (BLD 12 - 2 turns)

Roll: 120326

BD: 7 (Hit) 5*3=15 DMG

[2/4/3] Alec - Lvl: 34 / HP: 710/710 / EN:  54/68 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 104 / ACC: 0 / EVA: -1 (SW) / Stonewall: - 25% DoT / BH: 7 / THN: 36 / BLD: 12 - 2 turns / OOC Healing: 40 - Immune environment | Clean - The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)

[0/0/0] Kirbs - LVL: 16 | HP: 320 | EN: 32 | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 30/30 | DMG: 50 |(MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage)

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 12/30 | DMG: 50 | (MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage)

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 15/30 | DMG: 50 |(MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage)

Edited by Alec

"It's a signature sword art of mine," she giggled, placing the butt of her spear on the ground. "It's pretty effective, if I say so myself!" 

"Don't mind if I do!" She grinned, running straight into the pack of dogs. Kirbs let out a shrill shriek of excitement as she whirled around with her spear once again. Well, she missed most of them... but she still managed to kill it, at least! Not to mention that Alec had also managed to kill the second one indirectly. Nice, now just one more to go!

The third one snarled at the two as it lunged at Alec, although, effectively missing. "Alright, you go off and finish that one so we can fight Cerberus and finally get out of here!" She called, leaping back to the safety of Alec. They were doing good! They could probably be finished in less than half of an hour.

Spoiler

Roll: 120327

BD: 6

CD: 1

Roll: 120328

BD: 2

Roll: 120329

BD: 2

MD: 1, Miss

[2/4/3] Alec - Lvl: 34 / HP: 710/710 / EN:  54/68 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 104 / ACC: 0 / EVA: -1 (SW) / Stonewall: - 25% DoT / BH: 7 / THN: 36 / BLD: 12 - 2 turns / OOC Healing: 40 - Immune environment | Clean - The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)

[0/0/0] Kirbs - LVL: 16 | HP: 320 | EN: 20 | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 0/30 | DMG: 50 |(MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage)

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 12/30 | DMG: 50 | (MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage) [BLEED]

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 15/30 | DMG: 50 |(MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage)

Alec watched as the young woman again dashed forward and stopped spinning like a crazed top of death whipping the blade of her giant spear around and slashing into around and through Hell Hounds. SERIOUSLY Alec thought to himself how the heck did this tiny little girl spin like that without falling over dizzy much less throwing up from the constant spinning. She must have an iron fortitude and stomach of steel to keep from loosing her lunch every time she did that. As she called out to Alec to finish the last Hell Hound he nodded and stepped forward activating another Sword Art it may have been over kill but dead is dead he thought as his Axe began vibrating and glowing till lightning arced and danced along the crescent shaped axe head as he swung out cleaving the remaining Hell Hound in two as the lightning shot from the axe to scorch the hound at the same time before it exploded into a shower of dark pixels that rained down before disappearing completely. Alec stood up and flashed a victory smile to his companion and stood looking for their next opponent.

@Kirbs

Roll: 120330

BD: 6 (Hit) 5*7=35 DMG

[2/4/3] Alec - Lvl: 34 / HP: 710/710 / EN:  48/68 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 104 / ACC: 0 / EVA: -1 (SW) / Stonewall: - 25% DoT / BH: 7 / THN: 36 / BLD: 12 - 2 turns / OOC Healing: 40 - Immune environment | Clean - The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)

[0/0/0] Kirbs - LVL: 16 | HP: 320 | EN: 20 | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

<< Hell Hound >>  HP: 12/30 | DMG: 50 | (MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage) [BLEED]

Edited by Alec

The Cerberus came roaring into their vision as Alec killed the last remaining dog. 

"Alright, come at me, you three headed mutt!" The girl screeched, darting off, spear in both hands. All three of the heads' snarled at her as she narrowly avoided their bites and claws. Using her Link spin sword art one last time, she swirled both gracefully and clumsily at the same time, managing to hit all three heads of Cerberus, and draining their health all the way to oblivion. Each head exploded before the whole body dissipated into thin air. "Alright!" She cheered, fist bumping the air with a grin. 

She whipped over to Alec and clapped her hands a few times. "Good job, Alec." She smiled at him and chuckled. "I guess this is where we part ways, huh?" She said sadly. She opened her menu and sent him a quick friend request. "I'll message you if I ever need a trustworthy tank!" She called, already starting to walk out of the dark cave.

Spoiler

ID: 120331

BD: 5+2=7

ID: 120332

BD: 4+2=6

ID: 120333

BD: 5+2=7

8x6-54

[0/0/0] Alec - Lvl: 34 / HP: 710/710 / EN:  48/68 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 104 / ACC: 0 / EVA: -1 (SW) / Stonewall: - 25% DoT / BH: 7 / THN: 36 / BLD: 12 - 2 turns / OOC Healing: 40 - Immune environment | Clean - The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)

<< Cerberus Head #1 >>  HP: 0/30 | DMG: 80 |

<< Cerberus Head #2 >>  HP: 0/30 | DMG: 80 |

<< Cerberus Head #3 >>  HP: 0/30 | DMG: 80 |