[PP/F6] This Could Get Ugly...

Ike let out a long sigh. After going through and meeting Kirbs.. After fighting off the Avalanche with Kityuisa.. He was pooped out. Ike was down for some relaxation. Ike had heard of the beautiful waterfall on floor six, so that was where he was headed. There was supposedly a quest, but Ike wasn't one for quests. In fact he hated them. Ike had no motivation to do them either. So what was Ike doing at the waterfall? You got it! He was just going to sit and let the cool mist spray over him, maybe even jump in for a bit and what not. Ike had made his way to the waterfall, and stood at the edge. This was where he stripped down to just his pants and jumped in the water! The coolness washing over him, as he relaxed. Ike had no clue what was going on around him as he closed his eyes, his head resting on the ledge of a nearby rock. How peaceful is a day like this...

Fae was also at the waterfall, well, right by the waterfall. Why was she there? Well because of a poopyhead named Outlander, Fae had been on the run for a while. But for around 2 months now, Fae had lived a simple hobo life on floor 6, people just giving her food and stuff because she was a little kid. It was super easy and fun for her, getting to play around as much as she wanted. She was hanging around her campsite when she heard someone jump into the water. Stepping out in only her cloak with her underwear beneath it, Fae waved at the guy resting. "Hi there mister! Did you wanna play with Fae? You came to Fae's spot, so you gotta play!" Fae giggled a bit while running over to him with a big smile on her face. It had felt like forever since she last played with someone else that wasn't a child NPC. But now was her chance to finally play!

Edited by Fae

Asmund was running through the woods, jumping over a log and rolling back to his feet. His heavy shield had no weight in this world, and he was happy. In the real world the shields bothered him so he just used a sword. Rushing through he spots a player, and his eyes narrow. “Odin does not smile on you today.” He chuckles as he crouches behind a bush and looks to see what is happening. Suddenly a smaller player approaches the boy and Asmund thinks for a moment. “Ah damn. You may get to live another day, but I wouldn’t bet on it.” He smiles, sitting down with his back resting on his shield to wait for the small player to go away.

He pulls out a small twig dipped in honey, and puts in in his lips. Chewing the residual honey to from inside the wood. He thinks of a plan for if he’d have to fight them both. If I shield rush the boy and block from the young one, I could maybe take him out. He stands up and grabs his shield, spitting the stick on the ground and slamming his blade against the side of his shield. Getting pumped for the upcoming battle: the fire pumping through his veins and the rage bleeding out of his eyes. “To Valhalla with you.” He head butts his shield on the side and smiles.

Ike watched from the water as a young girl ran towards him.. A wide grin laced her face. Ike couldn't help but smile back. "Why hello there.. Ah, your name is Fae? My name is Ike. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, queen of the fairies." The figure of the small child was enough to get Ike up and out of the water. He left his body, shirtless, "What do you want to do, Mistress Fae?" He stretched a bit, his neck cracking as he stepped out of the water. His muscular abdomen being right there in the open. Ike grinned, "How old are you if you don't mind my asking?" He glanced back up at the waterfall. It truly was beautiful here that much he was certain of. The light mist that bounced at the bottom of the waterfall landed all over his bare skin. He held out his arms, happy to feel the cold spray. It was a mediocre day in Aincrad. It wasn't too hot, but it was hot enough to relish in the cold springs of the waterfall.

Ike watched from the water as a young girl ran towards him.. A wide grin laced her face. Ike couldn't help but smile back. "Why hello there.. Ah, your name is Fae? My name is Ike. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, queen of the fairies." The figure of the small child was enough to get Ike up and out of the water. He left his body, shirtless, "What do you want to do, Mistress Fae?" He stretched a bit, his neck cracking as he stepped out of the water. His muscular abdomen being right there in the open. Ike grinned, "How old are you if you don't mind my asking?" He glanced back up at the waterfall. It truly was beautiful here that much he was certain of. The light mist that bounced at the bottom of the waterfall landed all over his bare skin. He held out his arms, happy to feel the cold spray. It was a mediocre day in Aincrad. It wasn't too hot, but it was hot enough to relish in the cold springs of the waterfall.

Fae watched Ike get out of the water shirtless, staring him up and down for a moment to see if he had any poopyhead guild tattoos or anything of the sort. She didn't spot any, so she continued to smile at him as she looked up to see his face. "Yup! Fae is Fae! Fae wants to play hide and seek this time! Do you wanna hide first? Fae knows this area very super duper well, so it wouldn't be for Fae to hide first. You ready? Fae is gonna count to 69, that's a magic number some guy told me. So ready, set, go!" Fae exclaimed, naming the game and starting it all at once. She put her hands over her face to cover her eyes, waiting for him to go hide. "One... two... three... four..." Fae began to count sort of quickly, although she couldn't help herself. She was just so eager to play.

Once her hands came up and covered her face, Asmund laughed. “Too easy.” He starts sprinting towards his target, and his shield comes up, “TO VALHALLA!” He shouts as a loud thud explodes from the shield in front of him, as it collides with his new enemy, pushing him into the shallow water at the bottom of the waterfall. Walking down into the water he smiles and points his sword at the player with a smile. “Draw your blade. I wish to drink with you in the great halls.” He laughs uproariously, looking back at the young girl to see what is going on over there. His shield comes up into a protected stance, like that of the people of old.

Asmund had studied their forms extensively, watching their every move and studying their every tactic. I’m gonna be here for too long, I can guarantee it. He looks worried for a moment, his people hated fights that lasted too long. “Come on sir, give me a good death or wander in Niflheim forever.” His blade points towards the heart of his enemy.

Rushing forward and pushing his shield into his chest and thrusting the blade right through where his heart would be. His foot comes up and pushes the boy’s hips away from him as he pulls the blade out. His sword comes back and slashes horizontally at the boy’s throat. Finally his brazen attack has him finish the rotation and slam the edge of his shield into the player’s face, before he takes off and runs towards the edge of the water. A loud shout escapes his lungs and slams his sword into the ground. Praying over his blade he asks the all father to accept his soul into Valhalla and he stands looking over to the young player waiting for her to finish her counting.

Ike grinned, "Sure thing!" He held back his laughs of the number that someone had told her was special, Best not to let her know what it actually means. He turned away from Fae. His eyes scanning the terrain around him trying to discover where he would hide. His eyes spotting the forest he decided to trek that way, however before he could even take a step in that direction, a shout came out of nowhere.

Ike felt his eyes widen as a shield crashes into his body. He stumbled backwards, falling into the pool of water behind him. His head hitting a rock on the way down his vision going black as he sunk to the bottom of the cursed liquid. Not long after he got pushed down a sword stabbed through his heart. He watched as his health bar sunk past the red zone. His eyes widening as his vision got filled by red hazy images.

He.. He was dead? Ike reached his arm upwards, trying to reach the light that graced the top of the waters... But to no avail.. Huh.. So this is the end... Goodbye.. Kirbs.. As soon as his thought finished, his body burst into pixels, they made their way to the top of the water, gracing into the sky and being released. His body... His soul had become one with Aincrad.

k2f8Qhb.png

Fae didn't hear any of what had happened. The crash of the weapon, the shouting, the shattering of Ike, Fae had heard literally none of it. "66... 67... 68... 69! Ready or not, here Fae comes!" Fae finished counting and opened her eyes, but she was quickly greeted by the sight of Bjarni instead, which didn't seem to faze her. "OOH! Did another person come along to play with Fae too? That's great! Sorry mIster man, Fae was just about to go looking for her buddy. Could you give Fae any hints if you saw him?" Fae asked, blissfully unaware of what had just happened to Ike. She just assumed that he had gotten himself a really nice hiding spot.

Asmund looks up at the young girl and turns back towards the woods. “He went to Valhalla. He can’t play anymore.” The man explains as he walks to the water and washes off his face. The water should be dyed with the man’s blood, he deserves to have left some mark on this world. “My name’s Bjarni, and I would be glad to play with you.” He stands up, smiling at her as he towers over her. “What would you like to play?” He asks, planting his sword and shield into the ground with brute force.

He reaches up to his shoulders and pulls the furs off, wearing just a basic shirt and pants as he sets the furs on his shield and sword. “I can play Hide and Seek.” He looks at her, sitting on the rocks and waiting for her to pick a game. His hand wraps around the mjolnir necklace hanging from his neck as he thinks of good hiding spots.

Fae listened to him and looked all the way up once he stood. He mentioned Valhalla and Fae just seemed confused. She hadn't heard of that place before anywhere in Aincrad. Her mind went plenty of places before deciding that it was just a code word. "Nice to meet you Barney! That sounds just like that purple dino guy! But what is Valhalla? That sounds like a cool place kinda. Fae wants to know!" Fae was hopping up and down with excitement now. "Do you know any fun games mister Barney? Fae doesn't have anything else on her mind at the moment." Fae asked, tilting her head while she climbed up onto a rock so she could be closer to eye level with Bjarni, who was now officially Barney for her. Whether he liked it or not, the one glorius viking guy was now a purple dinosaur in her vision. Fae looked up at him in awe, amazed at the imaginary Barney's presense.

The man looks over to the child; her question was a good one, but Asmund’s games were more for adults than children. “What about tag?” He asks, awaiting her reaction. “Or, there is water, we could play Marco Polo.” He suggests. The game was popular where he grew up, especially considering there were lots of lakes and ponds where he lived. “I do not have many friends, so forgive my lack of game knowledge.” He says, walking and kneeling next to the water and picking some up to throw over his shoulder. He scrubs his hands in it and splashes some on his face, a common ritual for this man, but the first time he did it after a kill.

”Valhalla is where warriors go when they die. Odin calls them up and has a great feast, every day.” He smiles, thinking of the other wonderful worlds to tell her about. “It’s a wonderful place, that of Valhalla. The men and women who go there get to sing songs and dance forever.” He laughs, hoping one day to make it there himself. To hear the call of the all father and to be greeted by Heimdall.

Fae was a little bummed out that Barney didn't know too many games, but she liked the idea of playing Marco Polo with him. Simple and fun, that's what Fae liked! "Okay mister Barney! We can play Marco Polo if you want! Fae doesn't have too many friends in here either, so you wanna be friends mister Barney?" Fae asked excitedly, hopping up and down again with excitement. She listened to him explain what Valhalla was and tilted her head in confusion for a moment, stopping her joyous bouncing. "So the guy from earlier died? Sad... Fae feels bad for him. But Fae hopes to go there someday too! Maybe that mister Odin guy can be Fae's friend too!" Fae turned things right back to a positive in her eyes as she hopped down from the rock she was standing on, tossing off her cloak and diving into the water. "C'mon mister Barney, let's play!"

• 2 weeks later...

“Of course... in fact we’re already friends.” Asmund smiles as she picks marco polo. “I’ll be Marco then.” He walks into the pool next to her and smiles down at her. “Maybe after this I can tell you the story of the great all father.” He says before dunking himself under water. The cool temperature chills him enough for even him to be uncomfortable. 1... he holds his breath and tries to listen to the movements of the water, it’s not cheating unless he opens his eyes. 2... Holding your breath is so much easier on a game. 3... He pops up, feeling around and shouting the word at the top of his lungs. “Marco!” His words echo through the woods, the waterfall muffling the sound of her movements in the water. The only way to know where she was located had to be her voice. “Marco!” He says again, quietly he listens for her answer. Asmund’s skills in this game weren’t amazing, but he had tons of experience.

Edited by Bjarni