[F01 - PP] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> A Brave Knight's First Quest

Joanne stepped into the old, dusty shop of Zachariah the alchemist. He was an old NPC, but he still moved about and managed to get most materials by himself. On this day, he had sent a letter out to Joanne, asking for her help in something. She had visited the old man before and helped him with other simple tasks like cleaning his shop. She wondered what he needed today. With a warm smile, she greeted Zachariah. "Hello, Zachariah. You sent for me. Is everything all right?" she questioned, hoping that nothing bad had happened. 

Zachariah laughed. "Ah, Joanne, always so concerned. You need not worry. I only have a simple task for you today." He beckoned for Joanne to come over to the counter of his shop. Together, he went over a list of materials that he needed. Nodding her head, Joanne agreed to fetch the materials and headed out onto the cobbled road leading through the main town on the first floor. 

Yusuke had sighed and walked through the town of beginnings looking for a very specific building he was told about, he was going to do this with Kirbs however she didn't seem to be too enthused with Yusuke's general behavior. He sighed "She didn't need to be rude about it... all I did was show my expression about her being a model." then looking over he had almost missed the building purely out of thought. He straightened himself and coughed brushing his beginner clothing, then with a few steps walking into the building. "Hello?" he had exclaimed out into the store "I am looking for a man named Zachariah-" then looked over to see a woman with what he thought was the man in question, he swallowed his words for a second then exclaimed outward "Sorry, am I interrupting something? I can leave temporarily if that is the case." he stated calmly.

@Joanne

Joanne turned around calmly and smiled warmly at the new person. "My apologies, did you need to speak to Zachariah as well?" She said a quick goodbye to Zachariah and stepped aside. She gestured to the counter. "He's all yours." She then walked towards the door and stood on the porch of the shop, examining the list that the alchemist had given her. While studying the list, she left one ear open, curious as to what Zachariah had called the young man in for. Might he need him to fetch some materials as well? she thought to herself. If so, then maybe they could go together to complete the quest. It was better to go with another person than alone at level 1. She had known many who had died by not being cautious and going out to explore alone. Out of habit, she rested her right hand on the hilt of her large sword as she waited for two to finish. Checking over her shoulder, she made note that the conversation was nearly over. She kept posted by the door for when the stranger came out. 

@Scarabaeus

Yusuke had bowed before the woman and said out to her "Thank you miss, I hope your travels will be safe." then he had turned to Zachariah and stated out to him "Hello mister, I have heard about a quest beginners can take to get some early levels. Are you the one that hands them out?" then had a conversation about the quest. It had seemed to make sense to him, gathering his thoughts and making sure he remembered the specific details that was given to him then had walked out the door. To his surprise the female he had saw inside had still stood outside, he had looked to her with a somewhat concerned look saying out "Have I done something? Or were you waiting here for a reason?" he stated out in a more calm tone however, he was a little worried with how he had been acting in search of a model that someone could have came to speak to him about it, however he wasn't going to worry too much about it.

@Joanne

Joanne turned her attention from her flyer and over to the player. "Oh, hello. My apologies. I have not introduced myself." She bowed slightly. When she arose from the bow, a sweet smile rested upon her lips. "My name is Joanne, Knight of the Hawke's of Scotland." She held her head high and with pride as she introduced herself. "It is nice to make your acquaintance," she continued. "Pardon my ears for listening, but I overheard Zachariah giving you the same quest he gave me. Would you mind if I accompanied you on this quest?" A sweet and sincere expression drew across her pale face, her bluish-green eyes looking upon the man gently. 

"Of course, if I am too forward and you are not in need of a companion, please do not feel obligated to say yes." She bowed once more and tucked the list of materials into the breastplate of her armor. 

@Scarabaeus

Yusuke had smiled at her proper and mature nature, and he had bowed back to her extending an arm outward and placing a hand onto his chest smiling back saying "My name is Scarabaeus, or Scarab for short. I am nothing too special but I am an artist. I prefer oil painting above everything." he straightened himself then with a chuckle he had stated out to her "I'd love to have you accompany me in this quest, beats being alone in my opinion." he looked over scratching the back of his head saying "Especially in this world after all." looking back he had looked up and down then moved his hands up forming a box looking through it to the woman, and with a smile on his face "I hope you don't think I am too forward, but have you ever considered modelling for an art piece before? You have the looks and appeal to be painted into one."

@Joanne

Joanne tilted her head to the side. "A... model?" she asked. She had never been the girly girl or one who focused on her own image. In fact, with her helmet on, you couldn't even tell by her armor that she was female. She grew quiet and thought for a second. "If it will help you, then I will of course be your model." The same small smile played across her lips. "I see you are very enthusiastic about your craft. Such enthusiasm is refreshing and nice to see." She had not met many artists during her time in this game. For most people, the years spent in this game had crushed their spirits. It had changed past friends into darker versions of themselves. The fact that Joanne could not help these friends no matter how hard she tried was something that still ate at her. But she pushed these thoughts to the back of her mind as she brought herself back to reality, back to the conversation she was having with Scarab. 

Moving to the side, she gestured for Scarab to move ahead and for them to begin travelling. "I thank you for travelling with me. It's best that we finish this quest before it becomes night." It was noon at this point, and the day did not last long enough for Joanne in this world. 

@Scarabaeus

Yusuke had nodded his head in response to her asking a model then said "You know someone that poses for an artist so they can paint you in their work." Then letting out a smile he had said out to her "Really? I'd really appreciate it. We can talk more about it afterwards or while we do the quest. Whichever you prefer is fine by me." he then opened his eyes a little bit then placed his hands on top of another and said to her "I have been working on my craft ever since I was a kid, however I have been trying to find a painting I can truly be proud of. It's just I haven't really gotten anyone to be a model in the real world. But! Hopefully you can help me achieve this goal of mine, and I thank you." he nodded his head. Then following along and looking to her he had said to her "Right, logic says that monsters would be more active in the dark correct? Maybe we could speak more about the modelling thing once we've come back. I have a Inn room with my paint things set up." he informed her.

@Joanne

Joanne smiled as Scarab described his artistic past. "You sound very experienced. You must be very talented," she said, complimenting him. "And yes, we may discuss the modelling once we get back. Maybe over a nice warm dinner?" she suggested. "We may both be very hungry by then." She walked side-by-side with him as they made their way out of the gates and towards the wilderness. As they left the safe zone, Joanne spoke once more. "If any enemies pop out, I will do my best to protect you. But let us keep both pairs of our eyes wide open. Most powerful monsters do not come out during the day, but nothing is impossible." She hoped that they would not come across any trouble during this quest. Her worst fear would be that Scarab would be hurt. She would blame herself for inviting him to come with her. 

As these thoughts wandered about her head, she happened to look over to her left and spotted some mossy bark on the north side of an oak tree. She rushed over and quickly gathered the material, storing it safely in her inventory. "That was a lucky find," she said, smiling over at Scarab. 

@Scarabaeus

Spoiler

searching for materials:
Roll ID#: 123045
LD: 13 (success!)

1/5 materials found 

Edited by Joanne

Yusuke had smiled and bowed to the compliment "Thank you, I am confident in my own skills. I just haven't been happy with the things that have been coming out. However hopefully with a new model I can accomplish my goals. So I thank you." he then straightened himself and said "That would be lovely. Sounds like a great time." he followed next to her and nodded his head saying back "And I will try my best to help you in combat if anything is to occur, just don't expect anything great to come from me." he chuckled a bit. Looking around with her, he didn't seem to be so lucky. He let out a hum then turned back to her with a bit of a frown saying "Well, I didn't get so lucky and find one of my own. But good work none the less" he offered a kind smile.

@Joanne

ID: 123047 - LD: 3 [yikes.]
Materials Found:
Joanne: 1/5
Scarabaeus: 0/5

She patted him on the shoulder gently. "You will find some materials soon. Don't worry," she told him. After a while of fruitless searching, she decided to take a break under a tree. Just happening to glance up, she spotted what seemed like an empty beehive in a tree next to the pair. She walked up to the tree and took a closer look. Yep, it was an empty hive. It turned out that honeycomb was a material that Zachariah required as well. 

Stepping back, she said, "Step back, Scarab. I don't want you getting hurt if there are any lingering bees in here." Then she took a step back, trying to figure out how to get the hive down. Unfortunately, there were no large rocks around to throw and knock the bee hive down. She took a moment to think, bringing her right hand up to her cheek in a thoughtful pose. Then she had an idea. Her sword may work. Picking up the heavy and long weapon, she held it up as high as she could straight above herself. However, there were still four feet of difference between her and the beehive. 

There was only one left option left. She had never done this before, but she wanted the material. She took about 5 paces backwards and braced her sword in her gloves like a type of short lance/spear. Using all her strength, she launched the sword up and through the strong mud and bee spit holding the hive to the branch. The beehive promptly fell to the ground, breaking into manageable pieces. With a smile, she went over and gathered the materials and then picked up her sword, which had landed straight down into the ground. 

@Scarabaeus

Spoiler

searching for materials
Roll ID#: 123054
LD: 13

2/5 materials found

Edited by Joanne
  • 1 month later...

Yusuke had looked over his shoulder and offered her a slight smile saying out "I don't doubt that, it's just frustrating to not have somewhat moderate results to begin with." Yusuke had stopped walking then looked over, then tilting his head upward he had seen the bee hive that she had worried about, Yusuke didn't think this place was all too dangerous, however for level ones, it did seem a little worrysome to their lives. After seeing her display he had moved his hands outward in a box seeing her again saying out a little quietly to himself "My, what beauty. An oil painting probably fits her best..." then looking around he had tried to stop anything worthwhile to be picking up... however he had seen truly nothing, as if it was a barren wasteland, he sighed but he tried his best not to let it get to him.

ID: 126356 - LD: 1 [Guess I am gonna be here a while.]
Materials Found:
Joanne: 2/5

Joanne looked over at Scarabeus. Still no luck for the poor lad. She went over towards him and offered a hand. "Here, let's see if we can find anything in that field over there," she said while pointing to their east towards a field of budding flowers. 

Entering the field, she began to search for any flowers that had bloomed who's petals could be used for dye or potions. "Come join me," she said, smiling. She waved him over to the right of her so that he could check the rights side of the field while she searched the left. "There are bound to be plenty of materials in this field with all these flowers and bees around." 

However, after a few minutes of searching, she hadn't found anything besides wilted or freshly-budding flowers. She couldn't help but sigh a little at her lack of luck. She got up and moved to another part of the field. Maybe there would be more luck over there. 

@Scarabaeus

Spoiler

Searching for materials
Roll ID#: 126556
LD: 2 (ultra fail)

Materials Found:

Edited by Joanne

Yusuke had let out a hum when she had caught his attention again pointing over to a field of flowers, he nodded his head with a smile then moved over along with her toward the field. Moving his hands outward in a box again looking at the area he had said out to himself "I wish I brought a sketchbook along with me..." he then placed his finger on his chin then looked to Joanne then back to the field "Mmm yes.. an oil painting with her in a field.. I feel like that's something special to be had.." he then broke the speech to himself then joined her in the search of materials. While she didn't find anything worthwhile, Yusuke had picked a flower that seemed to be usable. He moved the flower toward her then asked out "Do you think this flower is usable @Joanne?"

ID: 126559 - LD: 17 
Materials Found:
Scarabaeus: 1/5

Joanne looked up from her flower picking to look over at what Scarabeus held in his hand. She bent down and looked closely at it. "Hm..." she thought for a second. "Yes, it appears to be a nice shade for a fabric dye. Try to pick some more since they seem to be in abundance here if you look in the right places." As she finished her last sentence, she spotted a nice purple violet to her left. 

"Oh! Speak of the devil," she said as she bent down to pick it. However, as she picked and brought it up to her face to examine it, it burst into pixels. She jumped back, a little surprised and then mumbled to herself, "Hm... It must be a game mechanic I didn't know of. I guess some of these flowers are good while the rest are bad or are not actual objects..." She was honestly just guessing at the logic of the game at this point. She sighed and thought of her brother. He would have known all about what was happening here. 

@Scarabaeus

Spoiler

searching for materials
Roll ID#: 126573
LD: 8 fail

Materials Found:

Edited by Joanne

Yusuke after the confirmation that it was acceptable, he had looked down at the flower and smiled gently placing it into his inventory. Then went to join her in picking flowers, and much to his own surprised one she had picked had immediately disappeared, Yusuke squinted then blinked a few times "Oh.." he thought to himself. After a moment he took his hand and went through some of these flowers trying to find something of color like the last one he had picked. Looking over to her then back to his task he started to speak out to her "You alright? You seem to have a lot on your mind. Or seemed to be bothered by something. I may not be a relative or a close friend. But I am an ear if you so need to vent out considering the state we are in this world."

ID: 126582 - LD: 6
Materials Found:

Not wanting to worry Scarabeus or make him concerned about her own life, she quickly smiled and wiped the troubled look off of her face. "Oh! It's nothing! I was just wondering why the flower had disappeared. It seems an odd mechanic. Though this is an odd game..." She laughed. "I guess I've never been one to fully understand technology." 

She then bent down to pick up another flower. This time, it stayed whole and did not explode into tiny pixels. She smiled and put the deep blue flower into her inventory. "One more down and two more to go!" Then she looked over at Scarabeus. "How many do you have left?" she asked him. She knew she was having better luck than him and felt a little bad. While she waited for his response, she bent back down and began looking for any roots or herbs she could pick to help make potions. 

@Scarabaeus

Spoiler

searching for materials
Roll ID#: 126731
LD: 12 success

Materials Found:
Joanne: 3/5

Edited by Joanne