[SP-06] Who I Am <<The Gemini>>

Cordelia fumbled with her fingers as she pushed her hair over her shoulder. This is the spot... where were they?

Oh there they were-

"You look pretty strong," they commented, a dark hood casting a shadow over their faces-- making them unidentifiable. She shuffled under their gaze. Even if she knew what was going on, it was still terribly embarrassing to be stared at.

"I'm looking to test my skills. If you beat me, I'll teach you a hidden skill. What do you say?" The figure asked, tilting their head at her. 

She knew that gesture too well.

She nodded feebly and gestured her head to the town gate. "Let's get out of here," she murmured, already starting to leave the town. She could basically hear the person following after her, and it made shivers go down her spine. Because she knew who was under that hooded mask. 

And it was her.

STATS/BATTLE INVENTORY:

Spoiler

LVL: 14 | HP: 280/280 | EN: 28/28 | 5+3=8 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA | +2 ACC

Gemini's Stats: 140/140 HP | 70 DMG | 24 MIT | 0 ACC | 2 EVA

Inventory:

☆ T1 Rapier | After Current: 2 PAR, 1 BLD

☆ T1 Light Armor | Coat of a Husk: 2 EVA

Battle Ready: 

[5] Standard Healing Potions [Heals 50 HP]

Consumed:

Greater Burning Edge Potions: 3 DMG

Rare Gateau a la Carrotte: 2 ACC

"This is far enough."

"Alright."

Cordelia shifted her head slightly, keeping the hooded player in her line of sight from the corner of her eye. This person was taking an awfully long time with this. Like, she already knew what was going to happen. They didn't need to make it dramatic or anything?

Get on with it...

"So," she paused, taking a bit of time to close her eyes and smile to herself peacefully. "May I ask who I am going to be battling?" She asked, peeking one eye open as she fully turned to the mask player. 

A sinister and toothy grin formed on the player's face as she slowly took off her hood. "Why, you of course," the Gemini said, her voice suddenly contorting to Cordelia's own.

Cordelia continued to smile as she unsheathed her rapier. "Let's see what I can do!" She giggled, ready to start battle at any given second.

"Let's."

Rapier against rapier clashed against each other.

The constant sound of wind whipping and metal clanging against each other filled Cordelia's ears as her mimic displayed the same moves as her. 

She felt a sharp stab in her abdomen just as she delivered four jabs into the Gemini's own. "Only one of us is going to win this," she declared just as she kicked the Gemini away from her. 

"It's going to be me. I'm the superior one here!" She cackled, her blonde hair whipping in the wind violently just like Cordelia's. 

"Oh yeah?" Cordelia countered, the corners of her lips twitching as she got ready to charge in after the Gemini again. "Do you really think that when I've already taken more than a fourth of your health?"

"Of course," her clone said, a sinister and toying smirk playing on her lips as she tilted her head menacingly at Cordelia. "I'll come out victorious. Because unlike you, I'm absolutely perfect."

Stats:

Spoiler

ID: 123068

BD: 6, Success

MD: 8-2= 6, Success

8x8= 64-24 =40 DMG

Cordelia: HP: 210/280 | EN: 21/28 | 5+3=8 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA | +2 ACC

Gemini's: 100/140 HP | 70 DMG | 24 MIT | 0 ACC | 2 EVA

A sudden shock went through Cordelia's body as she uttered that word. 

"Perfect?" She murmured, her hold on her rapier loosening just slightly as she took a step back from the Gemini. "How the hell do you even know that?!" She demanded, her free hand balling into a small fist.

The Gemini let out a shrill laugh as she put her rapier on top of her shoulder. "I am you... and do you not like it when I talk about that? How you're not perfect? How you tried oh-so-hard to be perfect, but in the end, you're just worthless?" She held a hand over her mouth as she mocked Cordelia menacingly. 

"S-shut up! I have no idea what you're talking about!" She exclaimed, clearly trying to push the subject as far away from her as possible.

The lies burned in her throat. It was sad how she even convinced herself this. 

Stats:

Spoiler

ID: 123069

BD: 2+2=4, Fail

MD: 5-2=3, Fail

Cordelia: HP: 210/280 | EN: 20/28 | 5+3=8 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA | +2 ACC

Gemini's: 100/140 HP | 70 DMG | 24 MIT | 0 ACC | 2 EVA

The two went at it again.

Blade against blade.

Face against face.

Cordelia growled as the Gemini's stabs pierced both of her arms, leaving bright red grid gashes on them. She was at half health now. Perhaps she wasn't dealing as much damage as her clone, but at least she had more health. 

She returned the attack, gracefully jabbing at the Gemini's body with her own rapier. 

"You at less than half now. I suggest you give up," she spat, narrowing her eyes at the still smirking Gemini.

"Beating me won't erase your past, you know," she giggled, her eyes widening with a crazed look. "Let's not forget about our dear family, as well. Mother and father simply loved you, don't you agree?"

A red haze fogged over Cordelia's vision as she balled her hands into tight fists. "O-f course they did!" She sputtered, a dark shade casting over her eyes as she stared daggers at the Gemini.

This was the first lie she didn't believe.

Stats:

Spoiler

ID: 123070

BD: 7

MD: 8-2=6, Success

8x8= 64-24 =40 DMG

Cordelia: HP: 140/280 | EN: 20/28 | 5+3=8 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA | +2 ACC

Gemini's: 60/140 HP | 70 DMG | 24 MIT | 0 ACC | 2 EVA

"Don't say things you can mean," her twin drawled, laughing to herself. "You can kill me a hundred times over, but you'll never be able to get rid of that burning feeling in your heart. The thought of nobody loving you!" Her blonde hair cast messily over her eyes as she gave Cordelia one last sadistic grin. "The thought of never being perfect!"

"Shut up! Shut your damn mouth, you bastard!" She screamed, her hair whipping behind her as she charged at the Gemini, kicking her to the ground harshly.

"Stop-" 

Stab.

"Lying-"

Stab.

"To-"

Stab.

"Me!"

A choking gasp left Cordelia's throat as she suddenly felt her rapier's weight fall to the ground and bright blue shards disappearing into the sky. She collapsed on to her knees as she stared at the ground with a blank expression, a small, almost inaudible whisper leaving her lips;

"Stop lying to me."

Stats:

Spoiler

ID: 123071

BD: 10, +2 DMG [BLEED+PARALYZE]

MD: 10  [sike, lol]

10x8= 80-24= 56+12 BLEED

Cordelia: HP: 140/280 | EN: 20/28 | 5+3=8 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA | +2 ACC

Gemini's: 0/140 HP | 70 DMG | 24 MIT | 0 ACC | 2 EVA [PARALYZED+BLEED]

Cordelia stared blankly at the ground until the window for her quest rewards had popped up. 

"Just lies," she murmured to herself as she stood up with wobbly legs. "She's lying," she uttered one last time, closing the window.

A new skill. 

She wasn't lying about that new skill at least.

Disguise, huh? Maybe she could go around pretending to be some people sometime. Cordelia chuckled to herself at the possible future of her doing that. Maybe some day. 

Her blonde hair fell past her shoulders as she let out a small yawn. This day wasn't already going as planned. That really did kind of suck just a tad bit. Oh well, she couldn't do anything about it. Might as well just go back to town, have a cup of coffee, and go on with the rest of her day. It was still relatively early in the morning, too. Who knows might happen later?

Cordelia internally sighed as she propped her cheek against her palm. Things were... bland, to sat the very least.

She traveled all the way back to the first floor to get a nice hot cup of coffee, but she didn't feel any different. It was quite amusing to her though, she had killed her own self. Should that have been an impressive feat? She wasn't quite sure anymore. 

Her blonde hair splayed out on her back, rolling onto the seat as well. What was she going to do now? Maybe she could go back to her inn room and see if Pacco is down to do anything. She hasn't been hanging out with him as much as she should be. She even forgot to bring him to do the quest with her! Oh, she felt super bad now. Maybe she should go back and get him. They could both explore the area just a tad bit before heading back to her room, too!

So there she was, a girl dressed in all black with her red raven with unusually red eyes-- oh yes, let's not forget the four eyes, too. What an odd bundle! 

Pacco was specifically rowdy, she couldn't really blame him, though. She had only gotten him a few days ago, so of course he would be jumpy around his surroundings. Poor thing probably never left that poor graveyard, too. 

"Don't worry, Pacco! We're going to be doing a bunch of cool things today!" Cordelia exclaimed, a rare twinkle in her eyes as she bounded up and down excitedly. 

Pacco squawked as he dug his talons deeper into her shoulder, trying so desperately to not fall off this crazy lady's shoulder. Sure, he has grown attached to her, but this was still a huge difference from his relatively calm life back on floor nineteen. Though, Cordelia did really give him a spark of joy from time to time.

First stop: The Monument of Life.

Yes, she did have to admit that it was probably a strange place to explore or whatever, but she was going to have to visit this place somewhere sooner. She barely knew anyone, but she really hoped that none of them were on this wall. Well, she was conflicted about the Kityuisa girl and her intentions with her, but other than that, yeah! 

Her thin hands trailed over to engraved names. Each of these people must've died in a pretty gruesome way if it was enough to be killed... but she was sure that most of them probably died in the first week or two in the game, probably by some boar or wolf on floor one.

The blonde took a step back to look at the wall in whole. 

"So many names," she murmured to herself-- and well, to Pacco too, I guess. "I don't think I see anyone we know, but let's keep tabs on this wall every once and a while," she said, smiling to herself one last time before leaving the Monument of Life alone.

"Why don't we go get something to eat to cheer us up?" She asked, giving Pacco a close eyed smile. She had physically hurt from looking at all of those crossed out names, but she had to look perfect. She had to be perfect. 

Pacco cooed lowly as he gave a small nod. So he does understand her!

-It was an odd sight. Seeing someone look so happy near the Monument of Life. Usually people were having complete breakdowns or sobbing their eyes out when they looked at the memorial. Seeing someone look so carefree when walking away from the stone slab looked almost unnatural and suspicious. 

She knew she was being watched as she walked away from the slab. Maybe she could get angry, maybe she could get infuriated, but no one was allowed to see her sad. That was a weakness.

A weakness she wasn't going to let anybody know about.

Cordelia slowly picked up her spoon as she stared at the plate of tiramisu in front of her. "I definitely deserve this" she muttered, licking her lips. "Plus, I can't gain any weight in here, so... yay!"

Careful not to let her bangs touch the cake, she slowly  tilted her face closer and closer to the dessert, to the pint where her nose was only about an inch away. Bringing her arm up, she slowly dug her spoon into the rich cocoa and sighed in relief. "So... satisfying!" She exclaimed, leaning back into her chair with a grin. She scooped the spoon into her mouth and let out a heavenly sigh.

"So... good!" She exclaimed, grinning to herself like an absolute fool. "I haven't had tiramisu in ages!" She said under her breath, her eyes widening for a fraction. "But this definitely beats any kind of tiramisu I've ever had!"

Cordelia's rapier swiped across the Jungle Tiger's pelt, only missing it by a small hair. "Sweetened honey iced tea," she muttered as the tiger lunged at her. Her eyes widened as she collided with a large tree behind her. "Heck," she seethed, watching her HP bar drain. 

Why did she come out here?

To put it simply, she was bored as hell. 

Pacco squawked as he hovered over the battle, his four red eyes watching the two circle each other very carefully. He knew this wasn't a fight Cordelia would lose to so easily, but still, it pained him to watch her health bar drop like that.

Cordelia mumbled as she patted her hair back into place. This fight was getting her hair all frizzled up! She should really tie her hair up when she was fighting... it was going to become a hazard some day. It might even be the death of her!

Spoiler

ID: 123229

BD: 1+2=3, Fail

MD: 9, +2 DMG

Cordelia: HP: 236/280 | EN: 27/28 | 5+3=8 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA | +2 ACC

Jungle Tiger: HP: 140/140 | 42 DMG 

The blonde curved her back as the tiger lunged at her once again, sighing in relief when she didn't feel any impact and just a small gust of wind. The tiger effectively just pounced on the tree behind her, digging it's claws deeply into the bark. 

Finding that this was her chance, she rounded on the bright orange animal, delivering stab after stab after stab. 

She grinned happily as she dropped the tiger's HP to almost half. Dang, she was stronger than she thought!

The tiger growled as it ripped its claws out from the tree-- and now they were back to circling each other. She felt like she was in some sort of western or fantasy movie by doing this! 

"Bring it on!" She exclaimed, holding her free hand to taunt the tiger with a childish grin. "Awe, are you scared?" She cooed, tilting her head to taunt the tiger even more. 

Spoiler

ID: 123230

BD: 6+2=8, Success

8x8= 64 DMG

MD: 7-2=5, Miss

Cordelia: HP: 236/280 | EN: 20/28 | 5+3=8 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA | +2 ACC

Jungle Tiger: HP: 76/140 | 42 DMG 

The tiger growled at her as it prepared to launch another one of its attacks. Everything seemed to go by in slow motion as Cordelia narrowly dodged its pounce. As the cat whizzed by her, she managed to stab it repeatedly, her paralysis effect kicking in on the last impale. Sparks flew from her rapier as the tiger howled in pain. "You don't like it when it happens to you, huh?" She gritted out, kicking the immobilized tiger away.

A threatening growl left the tiger's throat as it laid on the ground, unable to move.

It looked so... helpless to Cordelia. Sure, it was just trying to kill her, but she couldn't help but think that as she looked down at the thing.

"I don't think you're in the position to be growling at me," she whispered, looking down at the tiger with a deadly stare. "Look at who has the upper hand here," Cordelia uttered, her grip tightening around her rapier's handle.

Spoiler

ID: 123231

BD: 8, [PARALYZED]

8x8=64 DMG

MD: 9

Cordelia: HP: 236/280 | EN: 13/28 | 5+3=8 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA | +2 ACC

Jungle Tiger: HP: 12/140 | 42 DMG [PARALYZE]

The tiger had finally gotten out of her paralysis, which honestly did freak her out just a tiny bit. Dang, that paralysis effect definitely should've lasted longer! 

Cordelia yelped out loud as the tiger went lunging at her again. She quickly dove out of the way and bit out a small growl herself. She landed softly, her left leg outstretched while her right stayed close to her. "You're starting to piss me off," she muttered, her eyes narrowing into small slits. 

She didn't particularly know why she was talking to something that couldn't even understand her, but dang, it felt nice to let out some pent in anger out on something that would probably respawn in less than an hour. It wasn't even alive, why should she pity something that was just made up of ones and zeroes? 

There was no reason for her to!

If it attacked her, it deserved to die. "A-ah, sorry there, Pacco," she said under her breath as she remembered that Pacco had indeed tried to attack her the first time they met.

Spoiler

ID: 123232

BD: 3+2-5, Fail

MD: 5, Fail

Cordelia: HP: 236/280 | EN: 12/28 | 5+3=8 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA | +2 ACC

Jungle Tiger: HP: 12/140 | 42 DMG 

Cordelia's rapier sliced right through the tiger's pelt, leaving a large red and gridded gash wide open. 

She let out a small sigh as she watched it explode into the air. "Well, that was more trouble than it was worth," she mumbled, crouching down to inspect the items she had gotten. "-or not? This is some pretty good loot," the girl exclaimed under her breath, sending the items into her inventory before standing up with a small groan. 

"Bah, I'm tired," she muttered, her steely eyes scanning the trees above her. Where did that little rascal go? Her lips puckered as she blew a small whistle. Ah, there he comes! 

Pacco cawed for a split second before swooping down and landing square on her shoulders, his unusually red eyes scanning her disheveled state up and down. She guessed that she had gotten quite a small beating. Her hair was parting in all the wrong places and she was pretty sure she had small bags under eyes.

Spoiler

ID: 123233

BD: 9

Cordelia: HP: 236/280 | EN: 5/28 | 5+3=8 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA | +2 ACC

Jungle Tiger: HP: 0/140 | 42 DMG 

LOOT:

Spoiler

ID: 123234

LD: 19

CD: 6

1 Perfect Armor/Shield
1 Perfect Trinket
700 Col
[2] T1 Materials

Cordelia mumbled tired 'curses' under her breath as she fell back on to her familiar inn bed. Man, she really needed to get a place soon... but, she was pretty much flat out broke compared to those on the front lines. It just didn't sit well with her. 

She'll get there one day, though. One day she was going to be tackling floor bosses like a professional. 

The blonde rolled to her side and gave a depressing sigh.

Was it bad that she wanted to stay in here more than anything in the world? Cordelia pursed her lips the more she thought about it. She didn't have anyone in the real world. She was just some kind of doll to her parents, and the servants were supposed to be nice to her. Who did she really have in the world? Her online friends? They might be dead by now. 

She smiled softly as she pressed her head against the not-so-comfortable pillow.

She remembered when their little group got all excited when the NerveGear came out. They never did tell her what they were going to name themselves... perhaps what they always did? She has never been really bothered to check-- but after two years of being stuck in here, she was sure most of them were dead.

It saddened her, yes. The only people she knew had perished in a world of unfairness. But it was life. It was harsh, but out in a world where death can just be a knife poke to the chest, it was survival of the fittest. A dog eat dog world. Kill or be killed.

She wasn't heartless. It was just life.

If they couldn't pull their own weight in the game, then they shouldn't expect any help. It was as if the people in the game were resorting back to their natural instincts. Only the strongest could live, after all. 

Cordelia gave a bitter laugh as she forced her head down into the pillow just a bit more. 

She knew how people thought. If she were to ever express these kinds of thoughts in public, she would be humiliated. She would be a monster. 

Why, though? 

For thinking rationally? She never really liked people because of that. They judged too much. At least behind a screen, she wouldn't have to see them look at her like she was some freak. 

It wasn't like she was trying to force her ideas on to other people, too. She kept these all to herself. She was fine with people not agreeing with her. It was just when they started talking about her like she was some sort of monster did it piss her off. 

Maybe she was pretty weird. Maybe she was heartless. It didn't change her thought process, though.

It was still a dog eat dog world.