[F01 - SP] Another Quest <<The Third Lesson, Is Just as Free>>

Yukiro walked through the Town of Beginnings. Where was he supposed to find a grove of trees in such a big city? It felt like an impossible task. One that he'd have to complete, nonetheless. 

He had accepted a request from Lyle Tealeaf to deliver a package to a young artisan named Hannah, who was apparently painting inside a grove of trees. That was perfectly fine, even if he felt like this was all based on delivering packages to people. The issue with the quest was this; the grove of trees she was supposed to be in was located inside the Town of Beginnings. Yukiro had seen enough groves and bushes outside of the town's walls, but he'd never seen anything even resembling a grove of trees within the Town of Beginnings. He was being forced to just wander around the busy town in search of his objective. 
After quite some time Yukiro found the grove of trees. It resembled a small garden of trees that served as decoration. He'd missed it a few times, but was just glad to have found it. When he entered the grove he found a female NPC around his age. Her brown hair was in a braid and she was indeed painting. She seemed to be painting a lizard on the tree in front of her. 
"Pardon me, but I have a package from Lyle Tealeaf?" At Yukiro's words, the lizard skittered away. The painter sighed and looked up. 
"Thank you, I appreciate the delivery," she said somewhat wearily. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yukiro handed Hannah the package. She took it and opened it without speaking to Yukiro. And she'd barely looked at him. He concluded that she was either very tired or very rude. Possibly both. Hannah opened the box and pulled out the contents. What she had pulled out was a golden bracelet, and it looked brand new.
Lyle must have crafted it while I was out fighting the boar pups. 
Hannah looked at the band from every angle before giving a very heavy sigh. "This is just one part, Lyle. Excuse me," she said, turning to Yukiro, "Would you be willing to do something for me?"
Yukiro had once again suspected that this was coming. 
"Of course. What do you need?"
Hannah gestured to the golden band. "I need this to be delivered to someone. But I can't send it because it's not finished. What I need is a gemstone from the caves near the town. Do you think you can go get one for me?"

Yukiro considered her statement. He knew some cave systems, but he'd never gone very deep into them. He might as well do so now. 
"I can do that, yes. I'll come back as soon as I can."
Hannah ran her hand through her hair. "Thank you so much. I should warn you though, be careful of the Cave Guardian. It's a dangerous foe to face, and it comes out of nowhere. So really, be very cautious."
Yukiro nodded and replied, "I will do that. Thank you for the warning."
Hannah nodded and waved him off. Yukiro exited the grove of trees and started down the wide road towards the exit of the Town of Beginnings. The Cave Guardian, huh? Sounded like an interesting opponent. He wondered what it would be... maybe a knight. No, probably not. The game didn't seem to have any humanoid enemies. Not yet, at least. It was probably something more along the lines of a bear. Unless it was made of stone. That would be dangerous.

Yukiro made his way down the wide street which lead to the exit of the Town of Beginnings. NPCs were going about town, probably not headed anywhere in particular. Though he had been proven wrong before, so he wouldn't be surprised if the NPCs were actually going somewhere and doing something. Players were wandering about; some were headed out into the fields to train and do quests. Others were going about their day, going to cafes and shops and the like.
Not to Yukiro's shop though. 
But he was off on a quest anyway! So no matter!
He finally reached the exit for the Town of Beginnings. Taking a deep breath, he set off to find the cave systems he needed to enter. He'd have to go pretty deep to find a gemstone of some sort. 
Wait. 
Was this a gathering quest? 
It had better not be a gathering quest. 
With thank pleasant thought in mind, Yukiro headed off on his grand adventure. 

Yukiro walked out into the fields surrounding the Town of Beginnings. If he remembered correctly he had to cross the fields to find the cave systems. He began to jog swiftly across the grassy plains. Fortunately, he was at the point where he could simply outrun any boars or wolves that targeted him. And quite a few did agro to him. Fortunately, he could manage to just ignore them and continue on his travels. He passed by the flowerbeds he had to gather at earlier and saw a few giant wasps that looked like they would be massive pains to deal with. He was honestly very glad he wouldn't have to deal with facing flying adversaries. Or swimming ones for that matter. Both would be difficult to hit, which concerned Yukiro a fair amount. 
It was a little while before Yukiro reached the cave systems. He was ready to get to work.

Spoiler

Yukiro

LEVEL 7
140 HP | 14 EN | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG | 1 DMG

Skills:
2H Straight Sword - Rk 2

Equipped:

• "Cross of Regret" - 1 DMG/1 ACC
  • "Nightmare Overcoat" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) MIT x2 Prevent 18 damage from successful attacks against you | REG x1 After taking damage, gain Regen at the beginning of your next turn. Heal (5 per slot * Tier) every turn for three rounds. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Regen. Does not stack with Battle Healing. Taking damage while Regen is active will refresh it to its full duration.
  • "Ravenfeather Treads" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) EVA x3 Reduces the die value by 3 on an enemy’s attack against you. Cannot be used to avoid a critical hit.

Yukiro finally reached the system of large caves he remembered from the first quest he ever tried. It was dark in there, that was for sure. He'd have trouble seeing, let alone hitting anything once he was inside. He should take some time to adjust to the light. New light levels once he was in there. Slowly, he crept up to the cave's entrance and peeked in. He couldn't see anything inside. No mobs, no gems, no players. Well, the gem would naturally be much deeper inside. But he should still check the earlier places just in case.
He slowly snuck into the cave, glancing around as he went. Nothing jumped out at him, but he kept himself close to the wall just in case. It was certainly safer in here to be smarter. He came to a fork in his path. After listening a bit, he heard something down one of the tunnels and went the other way.