[F01-PP] I've Come to Rescue You

The boar was nearly finished off. Just one more hit, and he would get a free meal and some good loot. Grinning, James charged at the second boar, absolutely demolishing it with his spear. He stabbed straight through the beast, causing it to explode into pixels upon his blade. Panting, James lowered his blade and looked down. 

"Nice!" he called out, picking up some col and a rare trinket off of the ground. He was going to find a merchant who could identify the item as soon as he got back to town. He hoped it had some cool enchantments on it, or at least was worth a decent amount of col. He turned to his sister, holding up the bag of col he now had. "Look, sis! Seems like I won. You owe me some lunch!" He laughed, surprised that he was actually enjoying himself in this death game. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 2
Roll ID#: 127413
BD: 9 (+1 crit) 

boar 1 attack
Roll ID#: 127414
MD: 1 + 3 = 4 fail

boar 2 
Deceased

Spoiler

Loot of boar 2
Roll ID#: 127415
LD: 12
CD: 3

[H: 2 | 0] Joanne: 18/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 9 MIT
[H: 0 | 5] James: 18/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 2 DMG | 5 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | 

vs. 

Boar 1: 36/40 HP | 5 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA
Boar 2: 11 - (12 + 3) = 0/40 HP | 5 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Loot Gathered: 
120 Col + 80 = 200 Col
2 T1 Materials
1 Rare Trinket [ID:127415]

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne looked over as her brother called to her. She smiled as she replied, "Good! Now help with this little pig. He's a bit too quick for me to hit precisely in this heavy armor." She then turned her attention back to the boar. It seemed to be a little more cautious now that it saw its partner destroyed by the tall man. Joanne took this opportunity to make the first move. 

Charging towards the boar, she raced her sword and swung forward. The boar tried to dodge out of the way, but it had waited too long. The blade sliced right through the boar's back, splitting it in half. The beast split into thousands of light blue pixels that flew away from Joanne's sword. She bent down to pick up the loot from the ground. "Haha, seems like I got some col and a trinket as well." She smiled. "Now, it seems like I owe you a lunch. Let's head back to town." She led the way back to town, motioning for her brother to follow her. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 127416
BD: 9 (+1 crit)

Spoiler

Loot of boar 1
Roll ID#: 127421
LD: 18
CD: 10

[H: 2 | 0] Joanne: 18/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD (1/2) | 9 MIT
[H: 0 | 5] James: 18/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 2 DMG | 5 MIT | BLEED | 

vs. 

Boar 1: 36 - (3 + 12) = 21/40 HP | 5 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA
Boar 2: 11 - (12 + 3) = 0/40 HP | 5 DMG | 3 ACC | -3 EVA

Loot gathered:
120 col + 160 + 120 = 400 col
1 Rare Trinket [ID:127421]

Edited by Joanne

James followed his sister back to town, striking up conversation along the way. "So, what have you been doing this whole time? I just arrived here today, so I don't know much of what there is to do for fun around here." While waiting for his sister to respond, he took out his spear and practiced spinning it around. Then, realizing that the weapon may actually veer off course and hit Joanne, he decided to put the weapon back in his inventory for later. He would need to get used to it by himself away from the town and anyone else.

After she responded, he told her what he had been doing while she was in game. "I waited for you to wake up for months . . . That's when I knew that I had to do something to help get you out of here. I mean I'm your sibling. I'm supposed to help protect you." He frowned. "I'm sorry. I'm bringing down the good mood of this place." He gestured to the trees around them and the birds flying through the air. 

Joanne thought for a moment about how to respond to her brother's question. What had she been doing? Just training everyday. "Well, I've been practicing my form and sword techniques. I've been trying to become stronger so that I can join the front lines and help us all get out of here." All her life, she spent her time helping people, and she felt that her skills could be put to great use here. She would help them all get out one day. 

Then she listened to her brother as he spoke. She frowned with him and placed her hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, James. We're both safe and together now. And I know we won't let anything happen to either of us." She smiled and pulled him along by the arm. She felt like a little kid again. "Now come along, we're nearly there!" 

She pulled him along and into her favorite tavern, "The Rusty Cup". It was near the entrance of the front gate, but most players passed by it since it was a small, wooden building with only a basic sign. Once inside, she sat down at a table by the window and ordered a ham sandwich with chicken noodle soup on the side. 

James followed behind his sister, laughing. He hadn't seen her so excited in a while, even in the real world. It seems like she's actually managing to find enjoyment in this twisted game, he thought to himself, smiling. He was glad that she was coping with the harsh reality well. 

As they entered the tavern, he sat down and looked at the menu that an NPC waitress brought him. His eyes opened wide. The possibilities of what to order were endless, and they could even take orders to make that weren't on the menu. After a few minutes of looking at the menu, he decided on some prime rib with some mashed potatoes and gravy. For a vegetable, he chose steamed green beans. 

While waiting for their food, he and Joanne made small talk, discussing how mum and da were doing. "They're both worried about you dearly. They take turns going to the farm and coming back to see you in the hospital. . . it's really taken a tole on them, especially ma." He hung his head, sighing. But when he raised his head again, his sad expression was replaced with a smile. "But, I'm sure they would be glad to know that you're doing so well." He grabbed her hand across the table suddenly. "We need to escape this world. Not just for our sakes, but also for their's," he said, his eyes glinting with a hidden fire. 

Joanne was surprised by her brother's sudden seriousness. It made her jump a tiny amount when he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. Her expression soon smoothed over and back into a relaxed smile when she heard him go on about escaping. "Yes, James. We will get out of here. Together." 

The moment was suddenly interrupted by the waitress bringing the two their lunches. James dug into his right away, ravenous as ever. Joanne smiled. In this moment, it felt like old times. Just brother and sister spending a lunch together. She looked down at her food and took a bite. For being made of just pixels, it sure tasted good. She sighed happily and sneakily stole a green bean from her brother's plate, laughing. 

The two spent the rest of the afternoon talking about old times and enjoying their lunch. Both hoped that they could make it out of this alive. And maybe they now stood a chance together.