Equipment

>> Rare Curved Sword [DMG +1, ACC +1]

>> Vanity Black Longcoat [Light Armor]

Battle Ready Inventory

>> [50 HP] Healing Crystal (3)

Spoiler

ID: 127289

LD: 6 >>Fail<<

Ah, new weapons and consumable. Well, Koga was willing to bet the weapon wouldn't be any better than what Noctua already had, but at least she could sell it for some Col. The consumable might be handy on the other hand. One never knew.

"...the sooner we finish it, the sooner we can tske on another one. And hopefully not another fetch quest." Koga couldn't help but laugh a little, "I wouldn't bet on it, but I'm glad we're on the same page at lesst. C'mon, we should get moving."

As the two walked and searches for materials, Koga thought it was a decent idea to make some small talk and pass the time, "So, Noctua, may I ask where you got the username? It's pretty different, ya know? Usually people are just kinda troll-y and all that." Well...he tried...Koga wasn't exactly the best at starting conversations, but hey, at least he was trying. And not being an ass about it either...at least he hoped.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Energy: 2

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Rapier [DMG +1]

Equipment

>> Rare Rapier [DMG +1, ACC +1]

>> Vanity Black and Tan Outfit [Light Armor]

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID 127290

LD 3  >>FAIL<<

Her talking about this fetch quest being done and over with seemed to resonate with him in a good way, it got him to laugh. "One could hope really." She chuckled lightly and started to walk a pace behind him. Not out of anything bad, more just to keep a better eye out now that they have already encountered one boar. She didn't want another one to chance having a sneak attack. So, she walked right behind him slightly, watching for materials and monsters, whichever came first.

He wanted to know about her username. She couldn't blame him, most of the ones that she has seen have been...horrid. "Yeah, I have seen a few questionable ones so to say." She shook her head a bit before she looked at him a bit, still making sure that she could see her surroundings as well. "I actually love owls, and Noctua is one of the scientific names for them. More for Little Owls, but still an owl." She trailed off for a bit, if he was to actually pay attention to that and how she has been acting, he might realize that she is more like an owl than just the name.

But the personality as well, shy and nervous, that sort of thing. "How about you? How did you come up with Koga?" Retaliation time.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Energy: 2 (1 +1)

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword [DMG +1]

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID: 127305

LD: 10 >>Fail<<

Koga chuckled as Noctua agreed that there were some...less than savory. Often many, in his experience, either involved genitals or slurs about one's mother. Noctua's however, interested him. It was thoughtful, and at least had some meaning beyond 'I'm a twelve year old who has never been disciplined in my short godforsaken time on earth.' On the point Koga's name, however, the boy smiled sheepishly, "Uh, it means 'Steel Fang'. I just really like wolves, and it was short, sweet and to the point, ya know?" It wasn't exactly the fact that Koga had admitted his love of the feral canine cousins of the domestic dogs that made him the tiniest bit embaressed. It was moreso the childish nature of having named himself after his favorite animal. It just seemed...silly.

So far their search for materials had turned up zilch...and this, this was why Koga hated fetch quests. The company was good at least, no great complaints there. But at the same time, the aimless searching was mind-numbing at best. Hopefully they'd find something soon.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID 127322

LD 7  >>Fail<<

At least he didn't have something horrible to say about her username. She has been told that it was dumb just because it was meaningful to her. She wouldn't say it aloud, but that did bug her at times. It was something that she didn't like to be told, but people weren't nice. It was something that she needed to learn to just ignore them. Though it was still hard at times. "I think that's pretty cool. It's way better than ninety percent of the names out there after all." But, they were continuing with their search, and it was still coming up with a big fat nothing. She sighed lightly as she thought she saw something, for it to only be another blade of grass. At this point, her brain was just messing with her.

"Why must finding things be so difficult?" The sentence was said softly, as if questioning herself, but she wouldn't be surprised if he had heard her. Either way, things were being difficult and slow, and well, she was getting impatient with it.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID: 127407

LD: 4 >>Fail<<

Koga smiled at Noctua as she complimented his chosen name, "Well, I dunno about being better than ninety percent...I mean with a username like xXx69YourMom69xXx, I'm up against some pretty tough competition," the man joked. "Oh, by the way, you said that you'd never really played any games before? Was it just not your thing or something? Waiting in line for SAO was pretty intense, even for hard-core gamers, so how'd that happen?"

Still nothing had been found by the two since their brief fight with the boar. They'd both made it out alive, which was good. Also not embarrassing, as dying to a boar would be awful...but Christ on a crutch, the boredom was getting to Koga. Would it kill to find just one thing? Well...they had found one thing, but that was besides the point.

"Why must finding things be so difficult?" Noctua said, echoing Koga's own sentiments.

"To make our lives difficult, obviously." ...screw you Kayaba...

Obtained This Thread

>> Tier One Materials (1) 

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID 127447

LD 12  >>fail<<

"Eh, maybe to most names like those are good. To me, it's just plain dumb." But it was the question next that made her nearly stop in her tracks. She sighed and shook her head. "Growing up, I never got to sit in one place, and any time I'd get something game-wise, I'd never be able to play it. Not until just before this one came out at least." What a way to start that gaming adventure. "When we finally got to a place where my dad wasn't going to be transferred again, I was surprised with the game really. Apparently he had stood in line waiting to get it and the nerve gear."

And now, her father was probably regretting that decision. But, now, there was nothing to do about it, except for try to find these items, that seemed to be so damned hard to find, and beat the 100th floor. Noctua shook her head then to be rid of the thoughts and she looked at Koga. "So, ignoring my failed life. How did you come to be here?" She just wanted to be out of the spotlight, it didn't work for her at all, and it was making her nervous. At least here, her hands wouldn't sweat.

"To make out lives miserable is more like it..."

@Koga

Obtained This Thread

>> Tier One Materials (3)

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID: 127464

LD: 2 >>Fail<<

When Koga had asked his question, he hadn't expected the answer to be so...sad...but then again, maybe the boy should've thought ahead a little. Everyone had people they'd left behind in the real world. Everyone was a victim here. When the question turned to Koga, his face darkened in its own turn, and he looked down at the ground. "Well, uh, I've always been a gamer and stuff. I had a couple friends and we were all super psyched to play SAO, so we waited in line for like, an entire day to get our hands on it. We hopped right in and..." Koga's voice faded away into nothing as he struggled with the final bit of his story. Eventually he looked back up at Noctua, with half a smile on his lips and a lot of pain in his eyes, "And yeah, here I am. Not a terribly interesting story to be honest." Whether or not that was the whole story, he didn't say, but Koga was willing to be Noctua had guessed that there was more to his story than what he was telling.

"God, who designed the drop rates for this gathering crap? I need to write a strongly worded letter to them once we get out of here," the man said, quickly trying to change the subject.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID 127514
LD 15

So perhaps turning the question around to Koga wasn't the best of ideas. She could tell that he was holding something back, but she didn't know him well enough to pry for more information. Nor did she want to possibly know that information. But it as basically a sad story meeting a sad story, but she had a dark feeling that his might be just a bit darker. It was time to stop thinking on that. "I don't think anyone's stories here are going to be interesting sadly." She honestly didn't know what else to say without giving away that she felt like there was more that he wasn't saying. Her face was probably giving that away as it was.

Instead of thinking more on their stories, she just took the silence a little bit to look around some more, hoping to find something sooner or later. She chuckled though when Koga talked about writing a strongly worded letter. "When we get out of here, I honestly think that is going to be the last thing on everyone's mind." That was even if the game was allowed to exist afterwards too. For all anyone could know they could close thi- What was that? Something caught Noctua's eye and she carefully walked over and picked up another ingot.

But what surprised her when she put it in her inventory, was seeing that her crafting material had extras. "Huh, maybe next time you should get the killing blow on a monster. I apparently had gotten two more materials off of that boar." That settled that, she was going to let him kill the next one, because then maybe this quest will be done and over with. The feth quests were something that she was starting to hate with a passion.

@Koga

Obtained This Thread

Tier 1 Materials (4)

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID: 127538

LD: 13 >>Fail<<

"When we get out of here, I honestly think that is going to be the last thing on everyone's mind." Koga shrugged with amusement. "Doesn't matter, its important for the integrity of the gaming world!" he declared as they looked around some more. Noctua found another material, welp, she only had one more left to find at least. He, on the other hand, had a solid four more...why did life hate him?

"Huh, maybe next time you should get the killing blow on a monster. I apparently had gotten two more materials off of that boar." Well that was just salt in the wound. So that was why she had so many materials... "That sounds like a pretty good plan. If we come across anything else, we can fight them together, but I'll last hit. At least until we get all the materials we need. I don't wanna gip you out of loot or something."

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID 127563

LD 1  <<fail>>

She laughed at his declaration. Just the fact that he was still going to attempt to make the game better was kind of amusing to her. She thought on it though, and if it were for the fact that they got stuck in a death game, literally, she would probably try this again as well. But right now, she didn't even know if she wanted to attempt to do any kind of gaming after this, or even if her father would allow it under his roof. Eh, those were thoughts for when this was done and over with. Right now though, she felt like [censored]. She had way more materials than he did, and she might feel like she might have accidentally bragged.

Well, this was starting off wonderfully wasn't it. "There has to be something willing to die for you to be able to finish this as well." Willing might not have been the best choice of words, but right now, she was just starting to get impatient with this damned quest. It was pointless, or at least that is what she thought. "Don't worry about me getting things. Let's worry about getting you either caught up on the search or finished with it." She looked over at him and smiled. At least this was getting some good old fashioned social interaction time.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID: 127665

LD: 13 >> Fail

"There has to be something willing to die for you to be able to finish this as well."

"Well, I dunno about 'willing'," Koga said with a chuckle, "I don't think the boars ever want to die...doesn't necessarily mean they get a choice in the matter, but they probably don't want to." I mean...aside from the fact that they were non-sentient AI, boars probably don't wanna die, even if they respawn. Although, it was a little unfair that they could respawn, in the loosest sense of the word, but they, the players, could not. The world was really screwed up sometimes.

"Don't worry about me getting things. Let's worry about getting you either caught up on the search or finished with it."

Koga smiled at the girl, "I appreciate that. Anyways, lets hurry up and at least find some materials, I'm gonna lose my mind if we stay out here any longer. And I didn't even know I had one."

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID 127705

LD 5  >>fail<<

She shrugged lightly at his comment. "I mean, they respawn right next to us at times, so they have to be somewhat willing." She chuckled lightly, at least this was turning into a good conversation and not just some silent quest to find things. But there was still something in the back of her mind that she figured she should ask, but at the same time, wouldn't that be best to be asked while staring a boar in the face? Either way, she thought on the thing that she wanted to as, when she saw him smile at her.

She returned the smile lightly and nodded. ""Anytime, and I wholeheartedly agree. This is getting boring, and more of the 'i hate walking around aimlessly' boring and not 'my company is boring'." Okay, now she was hoping that he took that the right way, because in her mind, that sounded a lot better than her actually saying it. But she wanted to change that little subject quickly. "So, do you have any tips for a new person like me? Mainly on staying alive?" There you go Noctua, change the subject.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID: 127773

LD: 16 >>Success<<

"If they spawn next to us, is that bad RNG for them, or for us?" Koga asked, continuing with his senseless ramblings. It wasn't like the pair had anything better to do with their time.

"Anytime, and I wholeheartedly agree. This is getting boring, and more of the 'i hate walking around aimlessly' boring and not 'my company is boring'," Noctus said. Koga raIsed an eyebrow and gave her a questioning, but knowing look, "Oh, I see how it is. I'm boring now am I?" The man teased relentlessly. Clearly, Koga did it in good fun, knowing full well that Noctua hadn't mesnt it the way she had said it. Well, he hoped at least, he supposed he couldn't really know.

Finally! Koga found another material. Into the inventory you go! Now there was only...yup, still three more to go...oh boy, this was never going to end, was it?

@Noctua

Obtained This Thread

Spoiler

>> Tier One Materials (2)

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Energy: 0 (2 -2)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP: 11 // DMG: 4 // Hate: Koga 0 // Noctua 0

Boar 2

Spoiler

ID 127778

BD 2 >>Fail<<

"Both, it depends on how hard the boars hit." She chuckled lightly then, happy that she wasn't feeling as closed up into a shell that she had started off in. Perhaps that was a good thing after all? But even still, she could tell that she was horrible with talking, because her last comment seemed to have been confused, or just said wrong. "I d-didn't... I.." Wait what was that? Was there something ahead of them? She tore her eyes from Koga to look out, and sure enough, she saw two boars charging right for them.

The first thing in her mind was, this was the perfect opportunity to run away from this now awkward conversation. Without really thinking, or even wanting to use a sword art, she went right for the first boar, only to have her basic attack miss. Well, this was already going horribly for her. How else can this get worse? Oh wait, that's right, there are two boars.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP16 (20 -4)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP: 5 (11 -6) // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Koga: 1 (0 +1) // vs Noctua: 0

Boar 2

HP: 11 // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Koga: 0 // vs Noctua: 0

Spoiler

ID: 127780

BD: 8 (7 +1) >>Success<<

Sword Art: Rage Blow [x2]

DMG: 3 x2 -0 = 6

Boar 1 vs Koga MD: 6 >>Success<<

ID: 127783

Boar 2 vs Noctua MD: 7 >>Success<<

The pair's conversation ended abruptly as two boars appeared out of nowhere and surprised the pair. Noctua was a little quicker on her feet than Koga was, and she rushed forward with her rapier drawn. Her weapon pierced nothing but air, however, and the boar continued its charge, careening into the girl. Koga, was occupied with his own foe. His saber was lifted high into the air, glowing crimson with the power of his Rage Blow as the boar came closer. He waited for the boar to close distance, eyeing his enemy carefully. Once the boar was close enough, the man brought the blade down onto the boar's back. It didn't stop the momentum of the boar however, and the two collided, knocking Koga backwards. Well that was a great start to this fight...Koga got back up and readied his blade again. That was just a warm up round...time to get serious...and not die. Not dieing was good.

@Noctua

Obtained This Thread

Spoiler

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP: 16 (20 -4)

Energy: 0 (1 -1)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP: 5 // DMG: 4 // Hate: Koga 1 // Noctua 0

Boar 2

Spoiler

ID 127784

BD 2 >>Fail<<

This was not going well at all, because her failed attack, didn't mean that the boar's was a fail. In fact, it hit her, and thankfully, not horribly hard, though she did drop in health, which she didn't like. At all. Taking a moment to glance at Koga's name in the party list, it seemed that it wasn't going well for him either as he dropped health as well. Okay, so maybe charging head first into the fight wasn't the best of ideas, but she wanted that awkwardness gone. Only downfall, they were both hurt, one boar almost dead, and the other trying to decide who it wanted to attack. So, taking the moment into her own hands, she waited a moment to fully think. That was when she charged for the boar, only to miss once more. A string of profanities came from her as she turned around to get ready for the boar's next move.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP13 (16 -3)

Energy: 0 (0 +1 -1)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP: 5 // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Koga: 1 // vs Noctua: 0

Boar 2

HP: 11 // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Koga: 0 // vs Noctua: 0

Spoiler

ID: 127787

BD: 2 >>Miss<<

Boar 1 vs Koga MD: 7 >>Success<<

DMG Against Koga: 3 -0 = 3

ID: 127788

Boar 2 vs Noctua MD: 9 >>Crit +1<<

DMG Against Noctua 2: 4 -0 = 4

Again, Noctua charged forward, only to miss once more. The woman started swearing loudly, something that Koga thought was very uncharacteristic of her. What was going on here? "Noctua!" the boy called out to her, "Back off a second and recharge you Energy!" Although Noctua would certainly have the energy to execute another Sword Art if she stood by for a moment, Koga also needed her to cool her head a second. She needed to think clearly, if she couldn't they might bite the dust here.

Koga tried to draw the attention of the boars again, but the only one who looked at him was the one that had been trying to kill him. Koga launched another attack, but this time, his swing went right over the boar's head as it head butted him in the chest again. Meanwhile, the other boar charged at Noctua, striking a powerful blow against her. This wasn't looking good so far.

@Noctua

Obtained This Thread

Spoiler

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP: 12 (16 -4)

Energy: 1 (0 +1)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

Boar 2

Spoiler

Not attacking this round, regenerating energy instead

Well, here she was swearing a bit, when heard Koga's voice in her mind, lingering. He was right, she needed to take a step back and relax a moment. So that was what she was going to do. She felt instantly horrible though, because it was more than likely her own fault that they were getting their butt's handed to them currently. But now, there was nothing that she could do about that, except for just stand her ground. But, that second boar had a different thought, it didn't want her to hold her ground. In fact, it was more interested in dropping her health more, only this time, with it's own critical hit. Her health was now yellow, and well, she ignored that for a moment. Instead, she just stared at the boar that seemed to have something against her. She knew that Koga had been hit again too, she could see it in the party list. This was stressing her out, but she needed to calm down, she needed to relax.

Bringing her head back into the battle and not in the stress where it had been just mere moments before, she saw her energy regenerating, and she was going to use this to her advantage, and hopefully, not let herself or Koga die today.

@Koga

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP13

Energy: 1 (0 +1)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

Boar 2

Spoiler

ID: 127800

BD: 5 (4 +1) >>Fail<<

Boar 1 vs Koga MD: 3 >>Fail<<

ID: 127801

Boar 2 vs Koga MD: 2 >>Fail<<

Although Noctua had gotten hit by that boar, he could visibly see her attempt to pull herself together and refrained from immediately attacking the boar again. For what ever reason, the boar decided to leave her alone for now and set its sites on Koga. Good. She could spend a moment of not being pummeled to recuperate hber energy...on the other hand, he had to not die for a bit..fun times. As Noctua focused on recovering her energy, Koga focused on dodging. The man did his best to keep both the boars in front of him at all times so that he could see them. For the most part, he was successful. He side stepped the first one, and stood parallel to them, keeping an eye on both. The other attacked, and again, Koga dodged. He never lost sight of them as he danced around the two beasts. "Any time now, Noctua!" Koga called out, feeling himself slowly tire out.

@Noctua

Obtained This Round

Spoiler

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP: 12

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

Boar 2

HP: 1 (11 -10) // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Koga: 0 // vs Noctua: 2 (0 +2)

Spoiler

ID 127821

BD 11 (10 +1)

DMG 3 +2 x2 -0 = 10

Calm and serene. Get your head back in the game. Don't let Koga die. Don't die yours- "Any time now, Noctua!" Crap, that's right, she was supposed to be fighting things. Her energy was full and she was slightly mad, not only at herself but the game. Mad at the boars. She didn't want to have Koga's death on her conscious. So with that, she started to charge her sword art, Rip Ravine. She waited for the perfect moment, the blade of her rapier turning purple in color from the attack. The moment she knew that it was ready, she used the skill. The first slash hit the boar right in the side, and she watched as it's health dropped to yellow, but it was the second hit from her rapier that did some good damage.

The moment the blade hit the boar again, it was a critical, and she watched as the boar's health dropped to dark red, signifying that the thing was almost dead. It would be perfect for Koga to be able to kill for the loot if he could hit it. "Koga, attempt to kill this one!" She would find a way to help him with the other without actually killing it. She wanted this quest done and over with soon, and hopefully this was going to be the way. At the same time, she was going to apologize like none other after this fight was done with.

@Koga

Obtained This Thread

Spoiler

Tier 1 Materials (4)

Edited by Noctua