[F01-PP]<<Nature's Treasure>> Let's Get some Loot

"So, whats the plan? Want to hang around here for a bit? Or are you feeling a need to go hunt down some more monsters?"

Violet sank back into the water, keeping her head just above it. "Hm, I don't know..." she said, closing her eyes and letting the water flow over. "I haven't had a good afternoon sim like this in quite a while. Can we just wait and enjoy it for a little longer?" She opened one eye partially, and looked over at him waiting for his answer. 

In the whole time that she had been in game, she hadn't been able to relax like this out in the open. It was nice, and she wasn't used to experiencing nice. Just for a few more moments, she wanted to experience this piece before she was launched back into a game who's only goal was to kill her and everyone in it. As these thoughts filled her mind, she let herself sink to the bottom of sand covered ground, letting the water flow around her. She stayed down there for quite some time, able to hold her breath longer than the average person. The water flowing around her calmed her and took all of her thoughts away, leaving her feeling peaceful and empty. Empty in a good way. After around 2 minutes of being under, she slowly rose back to the surface. 

Her expression was one of peace. She opened her eyes and looked back at Vandrin. "Alright, we can leave now," she said calmly. 

@Vandrin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I haven't had a good afternoon sim like this in quite a while. Can we just wait and enjoy it for a little longer?" 

Vandrin looked at Violet, who let most of her body sink under the water, save for her head. The ends of her blonde hair just gently breaking the surface of the water. She really seemed at peace here, and who was he to deny her that. The features of his face softened, and the corner of his lips curled into a smile, before nodding at the girl, "Of course." he said softly, as if not to disturb the tranquility of the pond. Violet allowed her body to fall under the water's surface where she remained for a short while. Vandrin sat, looking at the deeply distorted figure of Violet for a moment, before laying down on the grass behind him. With hands placed behind his head, Vandrin looked up at the blue sky past the tops of the trees above them. 

After a short moment of silence, Vandrin lifted himself out of the water and took a few steps away from the pond. He stood in the sunlight for a moment, letting the artificial sun's rays dry off his toned, yet scarred, body. Once he heard Violet return to the surface, he turned to face her, offering yet another nod,
"Alright." Bringing a hand upwards, Vandrin then set his armor and weapon back on his person. After stretching his arms to get used to the feeling of his armor on his body yet again, he looked over to Violet, "Ready when you are."

Violet nodded to Vandrin and then realized she was in a predicament: her clothes were sopping wet. "Uh, well..." she said, pausing to think about what to do. She just shrugged and equipped her leather armor over her sports bra. "Seems like I'm fighting while sopping wet today," she joked, leaving her boots off so her feet could dry. She walked over and put her dried shirt in her inventory. At least that piece of clothing was dry. 

As she turned to take the lead and head North to see if they could find any enemies, she saw a pair of eyes watching her from in the bushes. "Uh, Vandrin, prepare yourself for battle," she said as she equipped her dagger. 

Suddenly, the eyes stepped out from the bushes, revealing the brown bear that they belonged to. Violet prepared her blade and waited for the enemy to attack. She'd never fought a large bear like this. The dark thing towered over her. With a loud roar, the bear began to rush at her, but she was able to nimbly jump over its attack, landing and then jumping off of its back to further her distance from the thing. "Look out, Vandrin!" 

@Vandrin

Spoiler

Round Accel vs. brown bear
Roll ID#: 129291
BD: 1 fail
CD: 8 (+2 energy)

Violet: Violet: 80/80 HP | 8 - 2 +2 = 8/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY 

vs. 

Brown Bear: 40/40 HP | 12 DMG 

Spoiler

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Edited by Violet Smith

Violet seemed to shine in that same light Vandrin had been previously standing in as she stepped from the stream, water dripping from her body as she did so. The slickness of the water, as well as the light from above, really accentuated her lithe body. Vandrin turned his head away after catching himself looking for a moment, bringing a hand up as he 'cleared his throat', when in reality, he was hiding a bit of a blush. It didn't help that, since all of her clothes were wet, she decided to simply equip her leather armor over her also soaked sports bra. Why does she have to be progressively losing clothes? Vandrin thought to himself, following shortly after Violet who trailed deeper into the forest.

It did not take long for the two to spot another monster lurking in the bushes. Was it another boar? or a wolf? No, this time it was a bear.. much larger than the previous monsters they had fought. Vandrin sucked his teeth, he nearly forgot about the bears that spawned here. Last time he was in the forest gathering materials, he had a near encounter with one of these beasts. Now that he was a little bit stronger, and had Violet with him, they should have no problem taking this hulking animal down.

Violet moved in first, deciding to use the moment to dodge out of the way, rather than try and take on the bear immediately. Vandrin's eyes watched Violet as she nimbly jumped onto the bears back and launched herself forward. It really didn't help that she was performing these gymnastic feats while in almost nothing but a leather breastplate and some shorts. The image was distracting enough for him, that he did not realize the bear charging right for him. His eyes finally snapped back into focus when the bear released a vicious roar. "Sh*t!" Vandrin cursed, grabbing his spear with both hands and shoving it forward, while dropping to a knee to break some of the impact of the bear's weight. The beast's teeth clamped down around the spear as it was shoved towards the back of its jaw, wrestling a bit with Vandrin before tossing him to the side... and his pole arm the other way.

ID 129293 | BD 1 | MD 5 | Heft vs. Brown Bear
2 x 6 

Violet: Violet: 80/80 HP | 8 - 2 +2 = 8/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY 

Vandrin:  60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 6 DMG

vs. 

Brown Bear: 40/40 HP | 12 DMG 

Violet sucked in her breath as she saw the bear head straight for Vandrin, locking onto the pole of his spear. She raced over as she saw the bear throw him. Upon reaching the beast, she jumped in front of Vandrin and activated her sword art in defense. The bear reared up and lashed out at her, catching its claws on her dagger. It took all her strength to keep the beast from knocking the weapon out of her hands. She tried to get a chance to strike at the beast, but it didn't give her it. It just kept lashing out with its razor sharp claws and then reaching out its neck to try and bite her. 

She checked on Vandrin behind her. "Are you okay?" she asked. "That looked like it may have hurt. I'll keep it from attacking you while you go retrieve your weapon." She turned back to the bear, glaring at it with her dagger held out in front of her, ready to strike. She didn't want Vandrin to get hurt again. Not like last time. She still felt guilty about what had happened. Which was odd. She had rarely if ever felt guilt before. 

@Vandrin

Spoiler

round accel vs. brown bear
Roll ID#: 129295
BD: 2 fail
CD: 5 fail

[0,0]Violet: 80/80 HP | 8 - 2 + 1 = 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY 

[0,0]Vandrin:  60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 6 DMG

vs. 

Brown Bear: 40/40 HP | 12 DMG 

Spoiler

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target

Edited by Violet Smith

Vandrin hit the dirt and tumbled catching himself with his elbow. He hadn't taken any damage from the toss, which was good.. but he no longer had his spear. After trying to attack on her own, Violet made her way to act as a shield in front of Vandrin yet again. The man looked at her back for a moment before standing up. He placed a hand on her shoulder, giving her a small squeeze, "We're in this together. You may have a bit more experience than me.. but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and be dead weight." He looked at the bear for a moment, and then at his spear, which laid in the dirt at the bear's 7 o'clock. "I'm going to go in and get my weapon, then try to land an attack. It'll be focused on me, so do me a favor.." he took a step so he was next to Violet, "Actually land a hit and stick your knife in that thing, will you?" he added with a playful wink and smirk.

Before she could retaliate or respond, Vandrin took off into a sprint, attempting to run straight in front of the bear, hopefully dodge any attacks, and grab his spear. The growling beast's eyes quickly shifted to look at the player who closed the distance. Raising one of its large paws, the bear dragged its claws through Vandrin's back, leaving three, large wire frame gashes on the back of his armor. The brunette used the momentum of being thrown forward to hit the ground with a roll, grabbing his spear as he did so. Once in a kneeling position, he quickly pivoted and shoved the weapon forward, meeting the belly of the beast. Then, raising to a standing position, he dragged the weapon up its body towards the top of its neck. "Now!" he shouted back over to Violet. 

ID 129297 | BD 7 | Heft | MD 6 | 
2 x 6 = 12 DMG 

[0]Violet: 80/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY 

[1]Vandrin:  48/60 HP | 3/6 EN | 6 DMG 

vs. 

Brown Bear: 28/40 HP | 12 DMG 

Violet jumped a little in surprise as she felt a hand touch her shoulder. Then she realized that it was Vandrin. This brought a blush to her cheeks, which she hid by keeping her face and body turned to the enemy. Oh, come on? Why am I blushing? she thought to herself in annoyance. 

"We're in this together. You may have a bit more experience than me.. but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and be dead weight."

She allowed a small smile to play on her lips. It had been quite a while since she'd worked as a team. She may be a little rusty, but she couldn't say that she didn't enjoy working with Vandrin. It was nice having him by her side. She nodded to his game plan and then blushed out of embarrassment when he said, "Actually land a hit and stick your knife in that thing, will you?"

She was about to respond when she saw him get hit by the bear. She winced, her eyes still watching him closely. A sigh of relief left her mouth when she saw him pick up his weapon and strike the bear. Now it was her turn. "Keep your grubby paws off him!" she yelled as she charged towards the beast, her dagger glowing a reddish hue. Her anger only fueled her, making her faster. She dodged the bear's sharp claws as it tried to attack her, managing to stab the beast in both sides. Suddenly, the bear fell on its side. Yes! I stunned it! Her weapon's enchantment had also taken effect, keeping the wounds of the beast from healing. 

She walked back over to Vandrin. "Are you okay?" she asked as she walked behind him, checking his back. She grimaced at the damage the boar had done. Thank god the nerve gear doesn't let us feel all of the damageshe thought to herself, or he would surely have passed out by now. 

After she made sure he was okay, she walked back in front of him and reached up, flicking him on the forehead. She wore a frown on her soft lips, her eyebrows furrowed. "I told you to let me take the blows," she said sternly. Then she sighed. "I'll have to buy you armor when we get back to town," she said decidedly. "But now, you can attack the bear safely." She pointed down at the still stunned beast. 

@Vandrin

Spoiler

side bite vs. brown bear
Roll ID#: 129300
BD: 9 (+1 crit, bleed activated)
CD: 2 fail

[2]Violet: 80/80 HP | 7 - 5 + 1 = 3/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY 

[1]Vandrin:  48/60 HP | 3/6 EN | 6 DMG 

vs. 

Brown Bear: 28 - (2 + 1) * 2 - 12 = 10/40 HP | 12 DMG 

Spoiler

Rank 1

• [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target

Edited by Violet Smith

Vandrin watched as Violet ran forward, defensive rage seemingly filling her veins. Her dagger struck true, dealing massive damage as she pierced each side. The muscles of the beast seemed to lock up, letting out a pained growl as its appendages spread out to each side, laying flat on its stomach. Vandrin grinned down at the beast before looking up at Violet, "I knew you had it in you! Great hit!" Without caring to finish off the beast before them, Violet went to checking the damage done to Vandrin, mainly the scratches on his back. Of course, he still felt no pain, but from her reaction, it must have been a pretty gnarly wound. Most of his back felt a bit numb from the tingling he felt. 

As she circled back around to his front, she flicked him in the forehead and scolded him.
"Like I said, I wasn't going to sit here and be useless. I was still at full health, so I knew I could take an attack from it. Plus, I knew you had my back. You don't have to buy me armor. I'm sure I can manage. I've saved up a bit of col from random findings.. and after today, I have a nice amount of materials to get a set made as well." Of course, the conversation went back to the elephant in the room.. or, in this case, the bear. "Right." Vandrin said with a nod, before charging up a sword art and finishing the stunned beast off with ease.  As fragments of data spread out from the bear's last location and fell to the floor, Vandrin turned to Violet, opening up his inventory. "We wouldn't have been able to finish that thing off as easily without your attack, so here. You take the rewards.. That, and I got them from the boar we took out. So now we are even." 

ID 129301 | BD 8 | Heft | MD |
2 x 6

[2]Violet: 80/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY 

[1]Vandrin:  48/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 6 DMG 

vs. 

Brown Bear: 0/40 HP | 12 DMG 

+1 T1 Mat (Given to Violet)
+160 Col (Given to Violet)

Violet looked down at the materials as he gave them to her. She was surprised. "Uh, thank you," she said as she took the items. "Though, yes. I am going to get you armor. I need a new set myself." She frowned. "I need something that gives me better accuracy with this thing," she said, gesturing to her dagger. She wouldn't let him say no on this, she was stubborn and had enough col saved to buy another set. And maybe she also secretly wanted to buy him it so that she'd have a reason to see him again.

She took a moment to stretch, letting her muscles relax after the fight. She closed her eyes as she felt the sun resting on her skin. Then she remembered their conversation from earlier and the quest she had talked about. "Oh, and you've also proven yourself today to join me on my quest to get a profession. But, in order for you to do the quest with me, you'll need better armor than this," she said as she walked over and tapped his breast plate, looking up at him as she did so. "I can probably afford a perfect right now..." She brought up her inventory. Yep. She had enough. "Once we finish out here and get back to town, just let me know what you'll want, and I'll order it for you. Then, when you join me on that profession quest, I can give you your brand new set of armor. How does that sound?" 

@Vandrin

Vandrin looked down at Violet, she was standing her ground and insisting she bought Vandrin's first set of armor for him. He looked into her eyes, hoping to try and break her cool before sighing. A small smirk pulled at the corner of his mouth, "Alright fine. You win. Guess I shouldn't turn down a free set of armor so easily." It seemed Violet was in the market for some enhanced gear anyway, so maybe it would work out after all. The man let out a small chuckle when she mentioned needing something to help her accuracy in battle, "After seeing how many times you missed today? Yeah.. probably be for the best." he said with a playful smirk. 

The mocking smirk became a bit softer, and more sincere when she told Vandrin the plan. He would tell her what he wanted, then, once they went on the profession quest together, she would provide him with the armor he ordered. "Sounds like a plan. If that's the case, maybe lets start making our way back towards the town. I think I've had enough of this forest for the day, and I'd feel a lot safer in the city's walls." 

"Alright fine. You win. Guess I shouldn't turn down a free set of armor so easily."

Violet smiled to herself. Ah, yes! I win. Thank god he didn't try to keep fighting backshe thought. She really wasn't in the mood for an argument. 

"After seeing how many times you missed today? Yeah.. probably be for the best."

At this she blushed, hiding her reaction by turning and walking back towards town. "Yeah, yeah, I know," she said. "I mean, it's not my fault that the little buggers are too quick. If it was the real world, they would definitely be dead by my gun." She smiled at the thought. It would have been so much easier if this game had guns rather than medieval-era weapons. Then Vandrin mentioned heading back to town. "Already a step ahead of ya," Violet replied, leading the way back. 

As they walked, Violet kept staring straight ahead as she asked, "So, you gonna tell me about those scars? I'll tell you a few stories about mine." She had seen him staring at her chest earlier where the deep scar was. And her curiosity hadn't gone away about his own scars. She figured trading stories was fair enough of a deal. 

@Vandrin

Seemed Violet was just as ready to get back to the Town of Beginnings as Vandrin was. With her taking the lead, the man followed closely behind. The tension between the two had drastically changed since their first encounter a short while ago, changed for the better. Before, he thought he would have to defend himself from the girl, and saw her more as a killer than a person. Now, he could even say they were at the beginning of a friendship. It’ll be good to have someone like Violet on my side, rather than on the other end of her dagger, he thought to himself.

After the two had gone the distance to remove themselves from the forest’s cover, and back out into the field, Violet broke the silence with a question. She inquired about Vandrin’s scars, and not just the one that ran across the bridge of his nose. She had seen the few scars that were left on his body; wounds left from knife blades, split skin from blunt weapons, even an (obviously) non-fatal entry hole from a bullet, all long healed over.. though they served as a constant reminder of the life Vandrin once lived. The man looked ahead for a moment, before turning his gaze to meet Violet, “I’d rather not.” his voice stern, with a hint of pain, “They are from a time I’m not proud of.. of one I’d rather forget.” His face turned forward again, “I’m sorry.”

“They are from a time I’m not proud of.. of one I’d rather forget," he said. Violet frowned as she heard these words, thinking for a moment before speaking once more. Her voice was more mature, the voice of someone who had experienced much regret and pain in life. 

She kept staring straight ahead as she spoke to him, her expression serious. "You'll never be able to forget the past. It will only keep haunting you as long as you keep running away from it." She stopped walking and turned towards Vandrin, looking up at him, her expression stern, her voice rising in volume. "It will make you fall to your knees no matter how hard you try to stand. If you want to get over the past, you have to accept it. You will always carry those scars just like you carry those memories, so it's better to accept them as soon as you can." She sighed and looked down, looking away and continuing to walk forward. 

"My apologies..." she said quietly, her voice low. "You're not the only one who has suffered in this world. Take it from someone who has lost all of those who were precious to her." She stopped in her tracks, still looking straight ahead. "You'll never get over what you've done. You'll never forget the faces or the screams of those who died in front of you -- whether they be by your hand or the hand of another. All you can hope for is that they didn't suffer too much..." She sighed and looked up at the sky, stared up at the endless blue abyss. She sniffled quietly, hoping Vandrin wouldn't notice. 

"I saw you staring at the scar on my chest earlier," she said, while unequipping her armor and turning around to face him, her expression a mix of pain and anger. Her eyes were watering. "The one who saved me -- the only one I was able to trust and to --" She stopped, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes as her voice began to shake. When she opened her eyes, they were clear and dry once more, her voice steady. "To love," she finished. She then pointed to the scar on her chest. "I saw him killed slowly. Painfully. Blood coming out of his mouth. Him choking on his own blood!" She was screaming now, angry. "All because I couldn't protect him. They stabbed me..." She covered her face with one of her hands, the memories flooding back. "They thought they had killed me... Then they went after him. And I was a coward. A [censored] coward!!! He told me to run... and I did... but not before I saw them torture and kill him. I know he suffered..." she collapsed on her knees, looking up at Vandrin, tears running down her cheeks. "But all we can do..." she said quietly, painfully. "Is keep going on... All we can do is live for them... Live to right our mistakes..." 

After a few moments, she wiped her nose and with a handkerchief and slowly got back up. She closed her eyes, catching her breath. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to break down like that... That's-that's not happened before. I promise it won't happen again." She opened her eyes, her expression now blank. "The only reason I didn't die that day was because I'm not built like most people." She laughed. A hurt, dejected laugh. "My heart's on the other side." She pointed to the right side of her chest. "I should have died that day. Should have died with him. But the gods are cruel like that I guess." 

@Vandrin

Vandrin chose to ignore Violet's words, 'you'll never be able to forget the past.' His brow furrowed a bit, his face becoming a bit more stern than before, but he just continued to walk forward.. even trying to beat Violet's pace a bit so he could just walk in front of her. However, the woman had other plans. She stopped abruptly and turned right before the man, looking up into his eyes. She was pretty much telling Vandrin what he already knew, but the words still hurt to hear them out loud from somebody else. He found it hard to keep eye contact with Violet, and before he could say anything in response, the blonde had turned away and apologized. She soon continued, after a moment, explaining the reasoning behind her outburst before. He really wasn't alone in terms of living a life worth regretting... though, Violet definitely had one upped him, to say the least. The man let out a heavy sigh through his nostrils before looking up at Violet, who had turned to reveal the scar on her chest that Vandrin had noticed earlier. Her crimson eyes glossed over as tears began to pool at the corners. 

Vandrin stood there and listened to the, quite gruesome story of how she got that scar, and how she lost someone very close to her. Brown eyes shifted away from her.. he began to feel selfish and foolish. Here he thought he had lived a bad life, just because he got mixed up with the wrong people. At least his parents were still alive, and he had two sisters that loved and accepted him after redeeming himself. Violet had gone through hell and was still on that return trip back. He stood there, frozen, not sure what to say.. or how to react. Finally, taking in another deep breath to break his trance, the man walked forward and placed two hands on Violet's shoulders. He looked down into her tired, pained eyes with a look of concern, and care. Pulling her in towards his body, Vandrin wrapped his arms around her and held her for a moment. "I'm sorry." he simply said, really not sure what else to say. 

Violet froze as she felt Vandrin wrap his arms around her and hold her. Something like that had never happened to Violet before: someone she had just met offering her comfort. Of course, she hadn't broke down in front of someone like this before either. Jesus, I must have really been holding that in for a while, she thought to herself. She let out a long sigh and wrapped her arms around him, allowing herself to lean into the hug. She could hear his heartbeat. It was a nice, strong, comforting sound. 

"I'm sorry."

She buried her face in his chest to keep him from seeing her red, swollen eyes and stuffy nose from the crying she had done. "It's...it's okay," she said quietly. "I'm sorry for breaking down like that. I swear that's never happened before and..." she paused, biting her lip. "I won't let it happen again," she said with a tinge of sadness in her voice. She hated showing emotions like this to others. It was like a weakness, and in the real world such a weakness could get you or those close to you killed. 

But despite not wanting to show weakness, she still asked, "Is it alright if we stay like this for just a little bit longer? It's...it's kind of nice." She laughed a little at herself. "I've never felt comfort like this before. And I like it. Maybe I'm getting too soft." 

@Vandrin

Vandrin let out a small chuckle, "You've been through a lot Violet.. You haven't even told me everything and I can tell. By your scars, by the way you hold yourself.. and the way you broke down. You've never had a chance to talk with someone and let it all out.. have you?" He released her from his arms for a moment, holding her shoulders at arms' length. He lowered his shoulders to look into her eyes, glistening with tears. "You are allowed to vent. To release that pent up frustration. To show emotion. It's human, let alone healthy. It'll mess up a person if you hold it all in. Trust me on that.." When she asked if they could stay in their embrace for a short while longer, Vandrin nodded before gently stepping forward and wrapping his arms around her again. "It's okay if you get soft." he said with a chuckle, "The life you live, its not worth it. It could get you in a lot of trouble.. or worse." 

After another moment, he finally let her go, and looked into her eyes again. " I know I can't tell you what to do. Not everyone is looking for redemption, or an escape, like I did. But.. just keep it in your mind that there's always a possibility for it." Feeling he had said enough, Vandrin turned from Violet and began to continue the walk towards the Town of Beginnings. 

"You've been through a lot Violet.. You haven't even told me everything and I can tell. By your scars, by the way you hold yourself.. and the way you broke down. You've never had a chance to talk with someone and let it all out.. have you?"

Violet sighed and looked down, shaking her head no. "I was -- am -- a leader in my gang. If someone saw any weakness from me, they'd use it to take me out in a heartbeat." She laughed to herself. "I don't hate the life, like I said earlier, but it is a tough one to live." 

It'll mess up a person if you hold it all in. Trust me on that.." he continued on. She gave a faint smile. "Yeah, I know..." she said quietly. As he hugged her, she rested her head on his chest, sighing deeply and letting herself relax. His hugs were nice. She hand't liked someone's hugs before, but she was coming to like his. 

As he pulled away, Vandrin said, " I know I can't tell you what to do. Not everyone is looking for redemption, or an escape, like I did. But.. just keep it in your mind that there's always a possibility for it." Violet bit her lip and thought for a moment before speaking. "You know, you're going to end up telling me what happened to you one day." She jogged to catch up to him as he began walking back towards the town. "How about you tell me a little of it over a nice beer and dinner sometime?" she said, looking up at him, blushing slightly. Oh my god, what did I just say?! she thought to herself. Did I really just ask him out on a date?!

@Vandrin

Vandrin thought on Violet's words a bit as he continued to walk forward, hands shoved into his pockets. He smirked and looked back over his shoulder when Violet said she would get his past life out of him at some point. "Didn't the games instructions tell us not to talk about our real lives?" he said with a playful wink before continuing his walk towards the town's walls. After catching up with Vandrin, what she had said next caught him a bit off guard. His brows rose in shock as he slowed his walk, and turned to look towards Violet. The man smirked, "Did you just ask me out on a date?" he said with a chuckle, "Looks like you have a soft spot after all." He pulled his hands from his pockets and crossed his arms about his chest, all while shifting his weight from one leg to another, without breaking his usual smirk. He looked at Violet for a moment, her surprised face visibly red from what he could only imagine was just an outburst that she did not think of admitting. "Ya' know, sure. I'd like that. Plenty of spots I haven't tried out in town yet. And it'd be nice to get to talk to you without worrying about fighting boars or bears." The smirk became a bit more sincere, "Just let me know the place and time." 

"Looks like you have a soft spot after all.Violet blushed and stammered. "Y-yeah, just please don't take advantage of it." Her blush grew as he asked if she had asked him out on a date. Bingo, she thought to herself. She waited for his response, the suspense making her heart race. 

"Ya' know, sure. I'd like that. Plenty of spots I haven't tried out in town yet. And it'd be nice to get to talk to you without worrying about fighting boars or bears." She let out a great sigh of relief, letting out a breath she hadn't know she'd been holding. Oh, thank god he said yesIt would have been quite an embarrassing rejection. 

"Just let me know the place and time." After he said this, she blurted out, "Tomorrow night, 7 PM, Loraine's Diner." She blushed heavily, realizing that she may have been too eager with that. "It's a casual place, so don't get too fancy," she said, trying to hide her blush by looking at a bush, acting like she had seen something moving in it. Then she looked back up at Vandrin after a moment and smiled, "Thank you for saying yes. Though I apologize if I'm a bit rusty with all this, it's been a few years." She laughed and rubbed the back of her head. 

@Vandrin

Violet was pretty quick to let Vandrin know where their meeting would take place, like she had already thought of it before hand. The man smirked, realizing now that her face was quite red, blushing with embarrassment. "Not like I have any fancy clothes yet anyway." he said with a small laugh. As Violet turned to look away, trying to hide her blush. Vandrin caught himself still looking down at her, a soft smile creeping onto his face. He was really starting to like this side of her, now that he was getting to know her a bit more. Once she turned back towards the man, they exchanged smiles. He scoffed at her thanks for him saying yes, "You say that like I'm just saying yes to make you happy." He took a step towards Violet and placed a hand on the top of her head, before letting it drop down to her shoulder, "Don't worry, you're doing a good job. Though putting a knife to my throat.. probably not the best way to start." he ended with a playful wink. "Come on, lets get back into town." Walking alongside Violet, the two continued through the Town of Beginnings gates, back into the safe zone. Vandrin let out a small sigh of relief through his nostrils, for today was a bit more hectic than he had hoped. However, in the end, it turned out much better than he had expected. "Where are you staying? I'll walk you there."