Issanalyn Maclaire

Issanalyn Maclaire

Issanalyn.thumb.jpg.55fae5f56b75974509fc4c4dab1d4a87.jpg

Username: Issanalyn Maclaire
Height: 5' 5

"And our third winner is... Sarah Varheist!" shouted a voice over the school intercom as Sarah jumped up from her seat.

"YES!!! YESYESYES!!!" She screamed as the rest of the class applauded her. "Both me AND my brother won!!!!" His was the second name called. 

"Please report to the main office to claim your copy of Sword Art Online!" Without waiting to be dismissed, she runs straight to the door and runs next door to the main office. I am so glad that the office is right next door... As she opened the door, she notices that she was the only one there. 

"That didn't take long..." The principal chuckled, grabbing one of the copies of Sword Art Online from the table next to him and handing it to her. 

"Yeah my class was right next door." She laughed as she happily accepted the game from him. "Thank you, sir. Also, can I be the one to hand my brother his copy since I got here before him?" He chuckled again and handed her a second copy of the game. She bowed in thanks.  It wasn't a few seconds afterward that someone came rushing in... a tall, familiar someone.

"Well THAT was fast!" Sarah teased, smirking at her younger brother. "Now if only you would do the same thing whenever I call you over for dinner or something... I get you are an addict for instant ramen and all, but a home-cooked meal would do you good every once in a while... we have kitchens for a reason..."

"Bite me... Anyway, why are you here?" He asked, panting heavily. He obviously ran straight from his class here. "Wait... Did you-"

"Yep! I did!" She shouted excitedly, showing him her copy of SAO, then handing him the second copy. "Now we can play together!"

"AWESOME! I wonder who the other winners were..." Joey thought as his question was answered by the door opening again with 4 more people entering the room... and his face lit up right away... as well as Sarah's.
   ---
"Oh man! I can't believe we all won!!! This is gonna be EPIC!!!" Zachary exclaimed as he walked back to his college dorm with his friends Joey, Chris and Sarah, each of them grinning from ear to ear as they each waved around their own game cases. Of the thousands of students to attend their college, only 6 lucky people were able to win the contest and earn their own copies of Sword Art Online, and they were 4 of those lucky players. 

"For real!!! I can't wait to get to the dorm and boot it up!" Sarah cheered, skipping a little as she started to move a little ahead of everyone. "We should all meet up in-game and form a party, and eventually a Guild! It's gonna be so much fun!"

"True... but I think we should wait on the guild until we learn the game a little better, my goofy little sister." Joey teased, sneaking up on Sarah and snatching her case away playfully. Obviously annoyed, she gives chase, making everyone laugh. 

"Damn it, Joey! Give it back!" She shouted, slightly annoyed while still laughing as she chased him around, trying to jump up and grab the game from him. She knew she couldn't reach it, considering he was so tall and she was so tiny. It was hard to believe that she was actually the older sibling. 

"Only if you say 'please Onii-chan!'"

"HELL no!" She said, punching him in the stomach. She hated it when he did that. 

"Ow, haha. Alright, alright, too far, I get it!" He laughed, handing it back to her. "Huh, I guess Zach and Chris already went ahead to their dorms. Can't say I blame them though." He sighed, walking with his sister to their dorm building. Once there, she waved to him and they went their separate ways in the entrance hall, since each of their own rooms were on separate sides of the building. Upon arriving at her dorm, she noticed that her roommate was out, giving her the perfect chance to get everything set up without getting bothered.

"I still can't believe all four of us won! This is gonna be totally awesome!" She cheered as she got her Nerve Gear set up and placed on her head. "I wonder who the other two were though... Must be new students because I don't remember them..." She sat there for a minute trying to think if she remembered seeing them before, but she shook it from her mind as her Nerve Gear let her know that the game was ready with a light beeping noise.

"Time to get busy!" She sighed, leaping backwards onto the bed and landing on her back. Once she was comfortable, she sighed and prepared for the dive.

"Link... START!!!"

Personality
Playful and energetic, Sarah loves to joke around and make people laugh. She uses her size to her advantage because it adds to the cuteness factor of whatever it is she is trying to do, which always gets people laughing, especially when she gets into an argument with her brother. It's common knowledge that she is the older sister, but she always refers to Joey as her big brother because of how tall he is. For all that she does, though, she doesn't have many friends. She couldn't help but be a little jealous when Zach arrived and Joey started spending more time with him than her... Which usually meant that she was in her room by herself, since her roommate worked after school, and most of the time Chris, Zach and Joey would be doing things that she found boring. Her major was different than theirs: Lab Studies. She wanted to be a lab tech that developed new equipment to help patients with cancer and other terminal diseases. Most students tend to lean more towards programming and engineering, so her class wasn't popular and all the other students in her classes had their own little cliques. So she was often alone.

Virtues/Flaws

• Playful - (Virtue/Flaw) Playful: Sarah is very cheerful and playful and loves to get people to laugh. She loves to tease her friends and make jokes. However, this can also be considered a flaw since she has a bad habit of annoying others by taking things too far at times and not knowing when to stop.
  • Class Clown - (Flaw) Spawned from her loneliness, she has developed a habit of making herself stand out by making jokes and doing ridiculous things. While in most cases it would be funny to watch or hear her carry on, there is a time and a place for everything, and she doesn't know when to stop. This drives people away at times and impacts her hard when she notices. 
  • Enthusiastic - (Virtue/Flaw) Always looks at the positive side of things and always quick to be included in group activities that she likes. Although this is typically seen as a positive social interaction, this can also be seen as a flaw. Sarah has a bad habit of involving her self in most situations when she is bored, even though she wasn't invited to do so, much to her brother's annoyance.
  • Assertive - (Flaw) She has a bad habit for making herself known whenever she is around. This forceful nature oftentimes makes people want to avoid her, especially when she just inserts herself into conversations that don't concern her. She mostly does this around her brother, but she has been known to do this to others as well from time to time.
  • Lonely - (Flaw) While overly cheerful and happy when in conversation, she is actually a very lonely person deep down. She hates being left out of gatherings, especially those involving her brother. He's the only family that she has left and oftentimes becomes very jealous when Zach is around.
  • Resourceful - (Virtue) One thing that she takes pride in is her resourcefulness. She has always been known the think quickly and react to most situations without hesitation with what little she has available to her. Many times she was able to avoid a stressful situation by simply using her surroundings to her advantage. 

Skills
Total Skill Points: 5
{Novice Polearms}  5/8          Damage with this weapon type increases by 3.
Equipment
   Consumable      Vanity      Uncommon      Rare      Perfect      Demonic   
---
   Starter's Banded Mail    -----{Tier 1 Uncommon Heavy Armor}-----{Mitigation +6}
   Starter's  Glaive   -----{Tier 1 Uncommon Polearm}-----{Accuracy +1}
[5] Starter Healing Potion -----{Consumable}-----{Heals 50 HP}
---
Materials
[10] Tier 1 Materials 

(Col Transactions (2,500), Story Thus Far, Friends List, and Roleplay Log posts will be made upon Journal Approval)

Edited by Issanalyn Maclaire