[F01-SP] <<The First Few Lessons are Free>> (Beginner Quest)

Randal wasn’t bored at all just sitting here beside this beautiful lake and admiring the scenery while waiting for the flower to spawn. 

His memories of the past and interesting historical facts he could remember were keeping him greatly entertained in spite of the fact that nothing about waiting mundanely was supposed to be entertaining.

Randal was well aware that through the power of introspection and imagination, he was able to learn a lot from his memories if he took the time to digest what he had read in the past, filled with regret, he could only keep trying to recall what he knew and come up with new ideas by himself.

There was no internet here, which was something Randal had yet to get used to.

Maybe the best thing he could do was to think about the things he did have and contemplate where to go from here. As another 5 minutes passed, a flower actually bloomed.

5/5 Vitality Tulips Found

Spoiler

ID# 129766

LD: 13 (success)

+1 T1 material

Edited by Randal

Collecting all the floors caused Randal some amount of mental distress but the feeling of completing the first phase of the quest was coursing through his system. Certain that he had everything he needed and positive that he needed to upgrade his skills and abilities, Randal started to head back towards town.

With a final glance towards the centerpiece of this area, the pristine lake and although there were some players nearer to the lakeside trying to catch fishes and other things that might lurk in the lake, he decided it would be better to head into town to collect his rewards, he rotated a few times to orientate his forward location towards the south-west and started heading in that direction.

Soon Randal was at the clearing and just as he was leaving the forest he turned behind one last time to see if he could forage anything....

Spoiler

ID# 129767

LD: 1(fail)

Although he didn’t manage to find any kind of material to use before leaving, he knew that he could always come back to this specific location that he would definitely be able to find again to look for them thanks to the distinct lack of monsters around the area...besides that one bee, he had a decently peaceful time and so he jovially headed back to towards Zackariah’s apothecary.

Edited by Randal
Not enough words

Heading back into town with a backpack full of flowers made Randal feel accomplished.

”Thud Thud” “Hello? Sir Zackariah?” Randal called as he peered through the gap in the door that he had opened.

The heavy smell of herbs and medicinal concoctions wafting around the room vying for dominance.

See the absence of even a single person in the room, Randal took a seat on an empty chair and started fiddling with some fire and beakers.

It was going so well until the entrance to the shop creaked open and a startled Zackariah shouted.

The volume of which shocked Randal and he quickly put the beaker down and put out the fire.

Spoiler

ID# 129783

CD: 2(fail)

“You shouldn’t be touching things that don’t belong to you!” Zackariah said angrily.

”Sorry Sir, I was merely curious about how you make your potions, I have the Vitality Tulips for you Sir, are they part of your ingredients?” Randal suggested.

Seeing the flowers instantly flipped the old man’s mood as he quickly took them from me and went to the room at the back of the shop.

When he came out, there were a distinct lack of flower’s on his person.

“Ahem, well as thanks for helping me get these flowers, would you like me to give you a few pointers on how to craft a potion?” Zackariah proffered.

Looking at his raised brow, Randal knew that this would be his chance to learn from an expert, even if he don’t intend to become an alchemist, this would be a valuable experience in the future.

”Yes Sir, would you kindly teach me?” Randal quickly claimed and took the old man on his offer.

”Hahaha, very well, come over here and follow the instructions written inside this book here, I want to see if you have the aptitude or talent to do this in the first place.” Zackariah said, as he brought out a leather bounded book.

Randal moved as he read. Digesting every bit of information that came his way, eventually he felt like he was in some kind of zone, a zone that moved his body before he read, like he was possessed by some ghost of alchemy.

From the lifeless words in the book, he danced and weaved with beakers and fire until a “Ding!” sounded and brought him back to his senses.

Spoiler

ID# 129784

CD: 12 (Perfect-Success)

In his hand a beaker with a beautiful red liquid contained within.

With his mouth agape, Zackariah stood there as still as a rock, still unsure of what he had just seen and definitely not prepared to have witnessed someone with such a talent at alchemy. It took him some time before he started to rationalism the fact that this is was most certainly without a doubt a fluke. It had to be a fluke, it’s simply not possible for a New Player to simply be gifted at concocting potions.

With a few deep breaths to clear his mind and exhaust the feeling that had suddenly welled up in his chest. He spoke. 

”You have done amazing for a beginner, you must remember what you have done today, and internalise the actions you took. One day if you decide to become an Alchemist, I am sure the world will know your name.”

”Until then I have something for your hard work and another task if you so desire.”

Randal put down the beaker on Zackariah’s table and received the item that the old man handed him.

“Yes Sir, you’ve been a great help to me and I’ve learned a lot under your care, how may I help you?”

“Please deliver this package to Lyle Tealeaf on my behalf, come here and I’ll give you the directions.”

Edited by Randal

Randal felt even more excited at the prospect of meeting another mentor who could guide him. To a large extent, the package that Zackariah gave him wasn’t heavy at all and felt very thin.

Even the name Tealeaf and the previous contents of the quest were any indications of any sort, Randal began to suppose the that the package he was meant to deliver were the dried version of the the Victory Tulips which he had retrieved for Sir Zackariah.

As Randal wandered through the Town of Beginners with package at hand, he began thinking about the guide given out to him, it spoke of some other quests which might net him maybe a pet that could aid in battle or the skills needed to open up Shop and start making items.

Randal also decided that before he took on anymore quests he would purchase some new equipment and items when he could.

After a good half hour of definitely not being lost, Randal finally found himself standing in front of shop which seemed to come alive with breaths of warm air, the scent of iron piercing the area.

”Sir Tealeaf? Is there a Sir Tealeaf here?”

”What is it?” A gruff beard popped out the window to see, face covered in soot.

”Well I was tasked by Sir Zackariah to deliver this package.” Randal replied.

With a crash resounding form within the smithy. Lyle Tealeaf appeared immaculate in front of Randal and quickly picked up the delivery.

”Thank you young man!” Smiled Sir Tealeaf.

THREAD SUMMARY
Quest Objective
-Go fetch five(5) Tier one materials and give them to Zakariah (Completed)

-Help Zakariah in his workshop by crafting a Healing Potion. (Completed)

-Zakariah asks you to deliver a package to Lyle Tealeaf, a local Blacksmith (Completed)

Quest Rewards

1. - 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
    - 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
    -1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

2. 2 Additional Skill Points

Additional Rewards

1. 1 Additional Skill Points (1 page of RP)

2. 400 Col (1 page of RP)

3. 50 Col (combat)

4. 2 T1 Materials (Combat)

5. 1 Unidentified Rare Trinket