[F02 - PP] You Always Remember The Things That Matter The Least

Spoiler

Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN 25/28 (+1)

"Thank you Yukiro. I've been trying to get better you know. Also been trying to use Graceful Repose more to prove that it isn't actually cursed to make me miss everything.
Yukiro nodded. "You have been, as far as I can tell. And sometimes a weapon just doesn't feel right. It may be the case with that rapier. It's never good to use something you have bad synergy with." 

"I wonder, does this floor have anything that would benefit you, or would we have to go up to the third floor? I only ask because you looked a little bored just leaning against the tree." She chuckled a bit. Crap, she'd seen that? He hadn't meant for that to happen. 
Ah, well. Too late now. 
"Floor 2 doesn't have much that I can get things from, if I'm being honest. But I'm more than willing to go up there later today," he said. He didn't want to seem bored or unwilling to be helping her, not the other way around. 

@Noctua

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180/180 // EN: 16(15+1)/18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

"You have been, as far as I can tell. And sometimes a weapon just doesn't feel right. It may be the case with that rapier. It's never good to use something you have bad synergy with." She shrugged lightly before looking at the cursed rapier. "I don't know about bad synergy. Possibly just horrid luck. That seems to plague me when I battle anything with any rapier." It was the truth, battle just wasn't her forte, crafting seemed to be. But, she made a promise and she was going to keep it. Speaking of promises, the snowy white owl that had been flying above Noct finally landed on her shoulder.

She looked at Yuki then and smiled. "Yuki, I don't know if I've introduced you two. This is Athena. Athena this is Yuki." She didn't know why, but she felt like she needed to introduce the owl. Perhaps it was just how she was. Either way, the snowy white owl hooed in a hello of sorts to Yuki. "Floor 2 doesn't have much that I can get things from, if I'm being honest. But I'm more than willing to go up there later today." She chuckled and shook her head. "If you're sure. I don't mind the climb up a level you know, especially if it helps you. I can't be the only one getting things down here ya know."

Of course, she also didn't want to push the subject, so, she sheathed Graceful Repose and started to walk once more, looking behind her to see if Yuki was coming with.

@Yukiro

"I don't know about bad synergy. Possibly just horrid luck. That seems to plague me when I battle anything with any rapier."
An owl suddenly landed on Noctua's shoulder, before Yukiro could think of a response. 
"Yuki, I don't know if I've introduced you two. This is Athena. Athena this is Yuki.
The owl made an owl sound. Yukiro nodded his head. "Uh, nice to meet you, Athena." 
Should he be introducing Noctua to Yumi? 
Nah, let the sugar glider sleep. 

Noctua laughed and shook her head. "If you're sure. I don't mind the climb up a level you know, especially if it helps you. I can't be the only one getting things down here ya know." She sheathed her rapier and started to walk once more, glancing back to Yukiro. 
"Er, right, okay," Yukiro called, jogging to catch up, "Then you want to head up a floor? Are you sure? Things get a lot stronger up there. I think." 
Brilliant observation Yukiro

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180/180 // EN: 17(16+1)/18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

He seemed to be surprised that she was introducing him to Athena. Probably was a valid response since, ya know, not many people probably did that sort of thing. Either way, she was not going to regret introducing the owl to her friend. "Then you want to head up a floor? Are you sure? Things get a lot stronger up there. I think." She smiled and nodded, "Don't worry. I know how to run if I need to, and like I said before, I can just look for materials too." She smiled as Athena ruffled her feathers on Noct's shoulder. "But, it is still entirely up to you Yukiro. We can go up a floor, or we can stay down here. I'm certain we can hunt some treasure chests or something." There you go Noct, mention the treasure chest. That should help you guys find things. She looked at Yukiro, turning so she was walking backwards in the process, and smiled as she waited to see what he thought.

@Yukiro

Spoiler

ID# 130457 | LD: 9

Noctua smiled and nodded, "Don't worry. I know how to run if I need to, and like I said before, I can just look for materials too."
Hm. What she was saying was true, yes. But it still felt rude to have her just standing there. 
"But, it is still entirely up to you Yukiro. We can go up a floor, or we can stay down here. I'm certain we can hunt some treasure chests or something." She spun around, walking backward to face Yukiro. She was smiling. Huh. Not the reaction most people had to Yukiro, as far as he knew. 
"Hm. I suppose I should be trying to fight things that are closer to my level... I suppose if you'll allow me to indulge myself we can move up one floor." 
Yukiro was a little hesitant to say that, but she had offered it, so he had no reason to refuse. He might as well take her up on her offer. Though it was going to be at least a little dangerous for Noctua, so he'd have to find a way to keep the monsters' attention on him. 

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180/180 // EN: 17(16+1)/18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

ID: 130477
LD: 12 >>FAIL<<

"Hm. I suppose I should be trying to fight things that are closer to my level... I suppose if you'll allow me to indulge myself we can move up one floor." She nodded lightly before she righted herself and was walking beside Yukiro then. "I don't mind, and I could always help with the fighting too. I'll be sure to back off if I need to though." She wasn't going to purposely make things hard on him, but she also didn't know about her being able to just sit still and do nothing. Yukiro was strong, but still, there was only so much that one can do if more than one creature comes at once.

One thing crossed her mind though, "So, floor three. What should I expect up there?" She hasn't been that high up, hell, her being on the second floor alone was odd enough. But she wasn't going to go up to the next floor without knowing what else she might have to watch out for.

@Yukiro

Edited by Noctua

Moving Up to Floor 3 in two posts

Noctua nodded and moved to walk beside Yukiro. "I don't mind, and I could always help with the fighting too. I'll be sure to back off if I need to though."
Yukiro nodded. So long as he could hold the monster's attention it should be just fine, but her being willing to just back off was going to be at least partially key to this working. 
"So, floor three. What should I expect up there?
"Well, let's see..." Yukiro thought about it, "It's all forest, some small clearings and rivers. There's usually some fog. Wolves and bears, stuff like that. And no real open areas. It's really kind of dreary." 
Wow, that was a lot of detail. He knew more that he thought, considering he'd only been there two or three times. Good for him. Oh, right. 
"It's also not uncommon to find things like elves or trolls that have weapons and the like. That's what we're looking for." 

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

"Well, let's see... It's all forest, some small clearings and rivers. There's usually some fog. Wolves and bears, stuff like that. And no real open areas. It's really kind of dreary." Well, that was..helpful? She nodded as she thought about the things that could be seen. Not all of it was new things for her to see. But there was still the level factor, and that is what she was going to have to watch out for. But until then, she was just going to be perfectly content with attempting to do anything useful.

"It's also not uncommon to find things like elves or trolls that have weapons and the like. That's what we're looking for." Elves and trolls, okay. The elves part didn't bug her, but the trolls, ugh. "Okay, that sounds...fun." Yeah, there was a large lack of actual 'this sounds fun' in her voice. Because it didn't sound fun, trolls were horrible, especially if they were based off things in movies and other games. Large, smelly creatures.

@Yukiro

"Okay, that sounds...fun," Noctua said with no hint of joy or excitement in her voice. Which was reasonable. Elves were using swords and other forged weapons, making them very dangerous. Trolls were massive and used dead trees as clubs. 
They didn't smell that great either. So he couldn't figure out why it would be fun. 
"It's a challenge. That's what makes the fight fun, I guess. But it can be dangerous,"
 he replied in a mostly neutral voice. 

Soon enough they reached town and walked to the teleport platform in the middle of the village. Yukiro led the way onto the elevated platform. Once they were in the right place he said the words and they were whisked off to the next floor. 
"Teleport Delilah." 

The third floor was, naturally, covered in mist when they arrived. It always seemed to be covered in mist. Which was a bit of a pain. 
"This is the place. Let's go do some hunting." 

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

"It's a challenge. That's what makes the fight fun, I guess. But it can be dangerous." She nodded a bit at this fact. Challenges were nice, but there was also the chance that a challenge could go terribly wrong. Those were the challenges that she had the tendency to avoid with a passion. "Right, challenges. Those help a person..outgrow things right." Yup, she was totally certain that she was going in the...okay no she wasn't sure.

The town was upon them and he was still leading her. Leading her right to the teleporter and then, poof, they weren't on floor two anymore. Now, they were on floor three. This was going to be fun. She looked around, already annoyed with the mist that was covering her vision. Well, she knew that not all of the floors were going to be easy to see on, why would the third floor be no different?

"This is the place. Let's go do some hunting." Another short nod, "Lead the way. I'm following your lead now." She was trusting him to not pick on a monster that was going to be too horrible for them both to go for. She knew that there was going to be some difficulty for her here, but there shouldn't be too much.

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Yukiro - 280 HP | 28 EN | 10 DMG | 2 ACC | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG
Troll - 140 HP | 42 DMG
ID# 130560 | BD: 1
Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN 26/28 (-2) 
Troll: HP 140/140

Yukiro led Noctua out into the misty forest. It really gave off an eerie feel, and Yukiro didn't know whether he liked it or hated it. But it didn't really bother him to much, so he supposed he didn't hate it. 
Hm. He should be trying to make conversation. But what could he say? He really had nothing to talk about with Noctua. Hmm... Yeah, nothing was coming to mind at the moment. 
Still he should try. 
"So... How's your shop been doing? I haven't dropped by much myself, but I have heard some people talking about it," he said, a poor but reasonable attempt at conversation, he thought. 

After a little while Yukiro heard something big crashing slowly through the woods. He took a minute to locate it and them pointed it out to Noctua. 
"That would be a troll." 
It was twelve feet tall and shaped roughly like a blob. A large fallen tree was being dragged behind it. It had a greenish hue to it's skin that was only interrupted by the shredded skins it wore around it's waist. 
"Don't worry about feeling disgusted, everyone does." 

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Troll: HP: 140/140 || DMG: 42 || Hate vs Yukiro: 0 // vs Noctua: 0

ID: 130567
MD: 2 >>Fail<<
DMG vs Yukiro: >>MISS<<

Noctua is not attacking this turn

A silent walk, this was probably going to be the norm for these two, mainly because both seemed to be horrible at making small talk. But it was Yukiro who attempted to break that silence first. "So... How's your shop been doing? I haven't dropped by much myself, but I have heard some people talking about it." She looked at him stunned for a moment. People were talking about her shop? That was news to her. "Wait..really?" She shook her head then to try and be rid of that minor confusion. She would have figured that Koga's would be talked about, not hers. "But um, it's been good. Still getting it up and running full speed. How is your shop going Yuki?"

Things didn't stay silent for much longer after that, or even smelling of mist. She looked in the direction that Yuki pointed and she just looked at the troll. "That would be a troll. Don't worry about feeling disgusted, everyone does." Oh, did that manage to show on her face? Ha, she would say oops but not worth it. But at the same time, the troll had turned ad looked at the two of them, but it's sights were set on Yukiro. She causally stepped to the side, her hand on her rapier then as she watched the troll fumble it's way over to Yukiro, attempting to hit him.

@Yukiro

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

Yukiro - 280 HP | 28 EN | 10 DMG | 2 ACC | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG
Troll - 140 HP | 42 DMG
ID# 130568 | BD: 7 (5+2)
Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN 17/28 (-9)
Troll: HP 80/140 (-60) (Stunned) (Hate: Yukiro 1 // Noctua 0)

"Wait..really? But um, it's been good. Still getting it up and running full speed. How is your shop going Yuki?
"It's been more of an inn than a shop. I shouldn't have put it in an alleyway." 

Noctua's face did, in fact, show a lump of disgust. But there wasn't much time to bother paying attention to that, because the troll decided to pay attention to them. Particularly it was looking at Yukiro. Right, his job was to keep it's sights set on him. He jogged away from Noctua, circling the troll a bit so that it was walking away from her. Good, now he could go ahead and attack. 
Once the troll had gotten close enough Yukiro twisted back and activated a sword art, lunging forward and slashing his sword across the monster's flabby belly. The thing roared and stumbled back a bit, a small icon appearing next to it's HP bar. It was stunned. 

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180/180 // EN: 14(18-4)/18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Troll: HP: 68(80-12)/140 || DMG: 42 || Hate vs Yukiro: 1 // vs Noctua: 0
[STUNNED 0/1]

ID: 130581
BD: 7 (6+1) >>HIT<<
Sword Art: Quadruple Pain
DMG: 3x4 = 12

MD: 5 (6-1) >>FAIL<<
DMG vs Noctua: >>STUNNED<<

"It's been more of an inn than a shop. I shouldn't have put it in an alleyway." She looked at him for a moment, "Couldn't you have it moved? Perhaps come and join Koga and myself over in that area?" If business for her was going as well as it apparently was, perhaps it would help him as well.

But, here the troll was, staring them down after going for Yukiro. She didn't attack at first, just because she knew that this was going to be difficult to her. But seeing Yukiro hit it, and even stun it, she knew that she was going to be in the clear for the moment. So, channeling Quadruple Pain, she charged the stunned troll, hitting it once in each leg and each arm. Not as much damage as Yukiro, but she still managed to take some down. Thankfully, since the troll was stunned, she had nothing to exactly worry about, yet.

@Yukiro

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

Yukiro - 280 HP | 28 EN | 10 DMG | 2 ACC | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG
Troll - 140 HP | 42 DMG
ID# 130584 | BD: 5 (3+2)
Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN 16/28 (-2+1)
Troll: HP 68/140  (Hate: Yukiro 1 // Noctua 1)

Noctua looked up at Yukiro for a moment, "Couldn't you have it moved? Perhaps come and join Koga and myself over in that area?
Eh? Move his shop? Could he even do that? Was that a thing you could do? Just pack up and change locations all of a sudden? Huh, if he could do that it would save him a lot of stress at his shop. "I will keep that in mind. It's worth considering." 

Once the troll was stunned, Noctua unleashed a sword art on it. An appreciated move, Yukiro decided. Reduced the damage he'd have to do. The troll was slowly but surely starting to recover enough to attack though, so Yukiro stepped forward to deal the final blow and...
And the troll moved its log in the way. That was disappointing. Yukiro's sword art fueled attack was blocked by the thick trunk, causing Yukiro to deal an incredible zero damage before the Troll completely recovered from its stun. 

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180/180 // EN: 11(14+1-4)/18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Troll: HP: 56(68-12)/140 || DMG: 42 || Hate vs Yukiro: 1 // vs Noctua: 2

ID: 130596
CD: 12 >>+1 ENERGY RECOVERED<<
BD: 7 (6+1) >>HIT<<
DMG: 3x4=12

MD: 5 (6-1) >>FAIL<<
DMG vs Noctua: >>MISS<<

"I will keep that in mind. It's worth considering." She nodded for a moment, wondering if that was actually possible. It should be right? Didn't people move their stores to different floors when new floors were unlocked? She didn't know but it would something interesting to know.

The fight was slowly going, for some reason, the troll was able to dodge Yukiro's attacks. This didn't really seem to bode well for Noct. Normally she was the one who never landed a hit. She watched though, Yukiro moved to hit the troll, but the damned log that the troll had blocked the hit, how, she didn't know since the troll had been stunned. But now it wasn't, and it's gaze seemed to be on Noctua. The woman looked up at Athena who was flying above her head now and smiled. "Keep me alive Athena." A hoot before Noctua started to channel Quadruple Pain once more, dashing forward. One stab to the four limbs before she jumped back, narrowly avoiding the trolls retaliation attack. Yeah, this was going to be fun wasn't it.

@Yukiro

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

Yukiro - 280 HP | 28 EN | 10 DMG | 2 ACC | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG
Troll - 140 HP | 42 DMG
ID# 130598 | BD: 2
Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN 15/28 (-2+1)
Troll: HP 56/140  (Hate: Yukiro 1 // Noctua 2)

Yukiro heard Noctua say, "Keep me alive Athena." to her owl. He had to wonder what it did. Ah, no matter. There was an owl noise, and then Yukiro heard Noctua activate a sword art and dash past him. She thrust he rapier into the Troll's limbs once each, making the thing bellow. It apparently didn't like being stabbed in all four limbs. The thing's stun must have worn off, it had been more than long enough to for it to do so. 
Yukiro stepped forward again. He should be trying to hit this thing. 
But he tripped. And fell plat on his face. Because he just did for some reason. He blamed the system. It must be the game's system. 
Now, before the troll attacked again. 
"Noctua! Switch!" 
Yukiro decided if he couldn't deal damage, he should at least be trying to tank it. Noctua didn't have the HP to take to many hits, but he did. 

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 169(180-26+15)/180 // EN: 8(11+1-4)/18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Troll: HP: 16(56-16-24)/140 || DMG: 42 || Hate vs Yukiro: 1 // vs Noctua: 4
[BURN 1/2] [BLIGHT 1/2]

ID: 130600
CD: 2 >>FAIL<<
BD: 10 (9+1) >>CRITICAL +1<<
DMG: 3+1x4=16

MD: 9 (10-1) >>CRITICAL +2<<
DMG vs Noctua: 42+2-18=26

Familiar Mastery Healer: 1*15*1 = 15 HP Recovered

She was out of the troll's way for now, and thankfully out of Yukiro's as well. She wanted him to actually hit the troll again. They were up here for him after all, not herself. But, as she watched for Yuki's attack, it never showed up, instead, he face planted. She looked at him worried, but that was soon dashed as she heard the troll let out another bellow. Hopefully, it wasn't trying to call it's friends, her energy was going to run low soon.

"Noctua! Switch!" She nodded, "Right!" She started to channel Quadruple Pain once more, and ran forward. One hit to each leg and to each arm once more, only this time, she did more damage and Graceful Repose's DoTs were put on it. Well, that was a good sign, kind of. It made the troll mad though, and he swung his club, landing a hit square in Noct's chest. Not only did it do some good damage, but it also knocked the wind out of her. "Athena..." The owl didn't need another word before she landed on Noct's shoulder for a moment.

A few seconds later, there was a white light coming from the owl before she flew back to the air and some of Noctua's health regenerated. "Thank's Athena." Another hoot as she looked at Yukiro, the switch obviously failed for the troll was still gunning for Noctua.

@Yukiro

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

Yukiro - 280 HP | 28 EN | 10 DMG | 2 ACC | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG
Troll - 140 HP | 42 DMG
ID# 130601 | BD: 8
Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN 14/28 (-2+1)
Troll: HP 0/140 (-20) (Hate: Yukiro 2 // Noctua 4) BRN/BLT
ID# 130602 | LD: 16 CD: 7
Loot: 1400 col, (2) T1 Materials, T1 Rare Consumable, T1 Rare Heavy Armor

Alright. They were done. That's it. Troll's done. Noctua's done. Yukiro was done. It was time to end that and leave. 
That was Yukiro's decision the moment he saw the troll hit Noctua with it's club. If this was going to be dangerous for Noctua then it wasn't going to happen. 
Yukiro didn't bother with any theatrics this time. He stood up. He walked over to the troll. He raised his sword and he slashed it down through the troll's side. The troll bellowed as it's HP reduced to zero. And the mob shattered into fragments. 
Yukiro sheathed his sword and went to Noctua's side. "Are you alright? That was a major hit there," he asked as he offered the girl a hand to help her up. 
"My apologies. I didn't think it would be all that dangerous, and you got hurt," he gave a slight bow, "I have enough for now. I'm ready to leave when you are."

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 179(169+10)/180 // EN: 9(8+1)/18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Familiar Mastery Healer [1/5 Cooldown]

She was still on the ground, at the moment, just catching her breath back. That was one hell of a hit, but as she sat up, she watched Yukiro kill the troll in one hit. This made her smile as she took a deep breath once more, feeling the gentle land of Athena on her shoulder. She rubbed the owl's head lightly, "Good job Athena." This gained a hooting response from the owl before Noctua looked back at Yukiro when he came over.

"Are you alright? That was a major hit there." She took his hand gently and was soon standing once more. "I'm good. Between the armor and Athena, it wasn't as much as it probably seemed. Though it did take the wind from me that much is for sure." She laughed lightly before she shook her head. "No need to apologize. I offered we come up remember." She sighed lightly and shook her head after a moment, "Yukiro, please. I'm trying to break out of the old habit of being...scared of everything. I know that some things have true fear, but right now, I need to break the fear of being somewhere where things might actually hurt."

She stopped talking, which seemed to be more than she thought. "But, if you wish to leave we can." I'll just come back another time.

@Yukiro