[F01-PP] <<The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free>> Finishing Things Up

Violet sent a message to her friend Yukiro a message: 

Meet me inside the grove of trees. Hannah should be there.

-Violet Delta Smith

She hit the send button and looked up. Currently, she was in the town square, her new familiar Dahlia by her side. Dahlia was a 3 foot tall black leopard with golden eyes. Violet was also wearing a new set of armor: a black leather piece that covered her shoulders and upper torso. 

A smile settled on her lips as she walked over to the grove located near the center of town. She found Hannah sitting on a rock under a large tree, drawing one of the birds in its leaves. "Hey, I have a package for you," Violet said suddenly, bluntly. She held out the package, and Hannah took it carefully from her hands. 

"Oh, thank you! I was waiting for this delivery," Hannah said as she opened the package, revealing a golden band. "Now all I need is the gem to fit into the middle of the band. That's where you come in," she said, smiling over at Violet. 

Violet sighed. "Of course... she sends me on another search quest. Alright. Where and what," she said shortly. Hannah then proceeded to explain that the gem was located in a dark bat to the North East of the Town of Beginnings. 

@Yukiro

Stats:

Spoiler

Level 9
Violet: 180/180 HP | 18/18 EN | 3 DMG | 14 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN | LIGHT MOMENTUM

Skills: 
Weapons: 
One-Handed, Dagger -> Novice, +2 DMG

Armor:
Light Armor: Rank 1, +5 MIT

Sword Arts: 
Rank 1

[x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
[x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.
Rank 2

[x3] Tri Pierce (3 Energy) - Stab target three times, slashing diagonally to cause a triangle effect on each one
[x4] Fad Edge (4 Energy) - The user swiftly strikes the opponent with four thrusts in brisk succession.

Spoiler

Equipped Items: 

Equipped [T1 Rare Dagger] <<Slicer>> Keen, Bleed
Description: This dagger has a nice, smooth handle that fits in the shape of the hand. It has two pointed guards above the handle with an 8 inch blade extending above it. The handle is made of oak wood with red staining. 

Equipped [T1 Rare Light Armor] <<Black Predator>> MIT, LIGHT MOMENTUM
Description: This light armor covers the upper torso and is made of a midnight black colored material. 

Equipped [T1 Rare Trinket] <<Golden Spectacles>> Evasion, Recovery
Description: These are a pair of of round-rimmed spectacles. The frames are golden in color. When worn, they offer certain enhancements to the user.

Battle-Ready Inventory

- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
-1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
-1 Safeguard Potion

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

Yukiro

LEVEL 23
460 HP | 46 EN | 11 DMG | 3 ACC | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG 

Skills:
2H Straight Sword - Rk 5

Skill Mods:
Familiar Mastery Accurate Rk 3

Equipped:

• "Sterondight" - 2H Straight Sword (T1 Perfect) DMG x3
  • "Nightmare Overcoat" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) MIT x2 Prevent 18 damage from successful attacks against you | REG x1 After taking damage, gain Regen at the beginning of your next turn. Heal 5 HP every turn for three rounds. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Regen. Does not stack with Battle Healing. Taking damage while Regen is active will refresh it to its full duration.
  • "Ravenfeather Treads" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) EVA x3 Reduces the die value by 3 on an enemy’s attack against you. Cannot be used to avoid a critical hit.

Equipped Vanity Items:

• "Amber Clover Pendant" - Vanity - LD x2
  • "Witcher's Vambraces" - Vanity - Thorns x2

Familiar: 

• Yumi - Familiar Mastery: Accurate rk 3 - ACC x3

Battle-ready Items:

T1 Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) x5
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) x3
Crystal of Agile Dragon Wings (Teleport crystal) x2
T1 Damage Potion. (+1 Damage) x1
T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) x2

Meet me inside the grove of trees. Hannah should be there.

-Violet Delta Smith

Huh. Guess Delta is her middle name? Interesting. 
Yukiro was in a good mood lately, because reasons. His rapidly increasing level and stats helped too. So he had no issues with going to help Violet out today. He stood up from his chair just outside a diner and equipped his coat, boots, and sword. It was safe to say they were going to have to do the third lesson; go deep into a system of caves that was completely pitch black, find some glowing rocks, fight some devil bats, and find their way back out. No stress at all. Lovely day. 
A small something started to shift around in Yukiro's pocket. He checked inside; Yumi was just shifting in his sleep. He decided it would be best to let him do so. 
After a moment of walking he found the grove and entered inside it. Violet was already there, just finishing up her conversation with Hannah. 
"Hey. How are you?" 

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

"Hey. How are you?" Violet heard Yukiro's voice say from behind her. She turned around, a smile on her face. "Ah, so you finally made it. Go ahead and pick up-" Before she could finish speaking, Violet was interrupted by the low growls coming from her companion, Dahlia. She looked down at the leopard, who then pounced and knocked Yukiro to the ground, her teeth bared in his face. 

"Dahlia, down!" Violet commanded in a loud, low voice. The leopard turned back and sulked back to her companion's side, still looking restless. "Yukiro is a friend," Violet explained in a quiet, calm voice as she bent down and pet Dahlia's head. The black leopard let out a low purr and then sat up straight next to her human. Violet turned once more to look at Yukiro, her face flushed in embarrassment. "Um, sorry about that. She's still protective. You know, we're just two killers walking about. We're used to not trusting others." She grinned and laughed. "But anyways, go and grab the quest. Then we can head out." 

@Yukiro

Violet turned around and smiled at Yukiro. "Ah, so you finally made it. Go ahead and pick up-" 
Life seemed to really want to ruin Yukiro's good mood. 
Before Violet even finished her sentence a large black cat slammed into Yukiro's chest and knocked him backwards to the ground. It stared Yukiro dead in the eyes, fangs bared and still growling. 
Yukiro looked at it, seeming kinda bored. He'd just fought a massive sand whale thing, so this didn't seem quite as bad. Maybe it wanted a dragon fruit smoothie. 
"Dahlia, down!" Violet said loudly. The miracle-growth kitten restlessly returned to her side. "Yukiro is a friend," she explained to the cat (presumably Dahlia) as she pet it's head. Violet turned back toward Yukiro, blushing. Blushing? That was rare. "Um, sorry about that. She's still protective. You know, we're just two killers walking about. We're used to not trusting others," she laughed, "But anyways, go and grab the quest. Then we can head out." 
Yukiro sat up and rubbed the back of his head. 
"It's fine. I seem to have things jump on me more than you'd think." 
As he said it though, a shockingly loud, raspy noise similar to a cicada came from his chest. Yukiro jumped a bit at the sudden noise and checked his pocket. Yumi, the sugar glider, was apparently not happy to be woken from his nap. "Sorry, sorry. Go back to sleep if you're not happy," he mumbled into his chest pocket. 
Finally standing up Yukiro accepted the quest and sent a party invitation to Violet. "Sorry about that. My familiar isn't a morning person."

@Violet Smith

"Sorry about that. My familiar isn't a morning person."

Violet perked up. "Familiar? Where!" she asked as she accepted the party invite. She walked over and tried to peek into his pocket by hopping, but Yukiro was still too tall for her to see anything. Dahlia seemed just as intrigued as well. She went up to the man and sniffed his pants legs. Violet made a motion with her hand, signalling Dahlia to stay down, which she obeyed. 

Violet looked up at Yukiro and smiled. "I see you got a lot done since we last saw each other." She looked up at his stats glowing above his head. "And you've leveled as well. Good. Less likely for anyone to take you out." 

She turned and led the way out of town. "Come on. Let's head out. I want to get back before dinner. Then maybe we can sit down and eat together." She smiled back at him. 

@Yukiro

"Familiar? Where!" Violet asked excitedly. She walked up to Yukiro and started hopping at his pocket, but failing to see into it. The big kitten-- er, Dahlia also walked up and started to sniff around his legs. 
Yukiro sighed and looked Violet in her glittering eyes. 
"I'll show you. But you have to promise to be quiet. He sleeps during the day, so it's midnight for him."

"I see you got a lot done since we last saw each other. And you've leveled as well. Good. Less likely for anyone to take you out." 
Yukiro smiled at the compliment, but shook his head. "I'm stronger, but not nearly strong enough. Though either way I don't plan on being taken out." 
"Come on. Let's head out. I want to get back before dinner. Then maybe we can sit down and eat together." Violet turned and started to lead Yukiro out of town, grinning back at him. Yukiro smiled a bit and started to walk to catch up. 
"Yeah, that sounds nice."

@Violet Smith

"I'll show you. But you have to promise to be quiet. He sleeps during the day, so it's midnight for him."

Violet calmed her excitement and peeked into Yukiro's pocket. She gave a small gasp as she saw the little sugar glider, asleep deep in its human's cozy pocket. She whispered, "It's so cute," and then pulled away, continuing on their path towards the cave. 

The pair made their way out of town and headed for the dark cave. Upon reaching the entrance, Violet realized that it was darker than anything inside. "Hey, watch your step. You don't know what could be inside here," Violet warned Yukiro as she cautiously walked into the cave. Around them were glowing pools of water with stalactites and stalagmites sticking out of ceiling and floor. "Wow," she gasped. It was absolutely beautiful. There were glowing worms on the ceiling and in the pools of water that provided very dim lighting. 

@Yukiro

Yukiro bent over so Violet could peek into his pocket. There was a small gasp before she whispered, "It's so cute," and pulled away, continuing on their path towards the cave. 
Smiling Yukiro nodded and kept walking. He knew the little climber would be up and about soon enough. 

It was a while before they reached the cave, but they made it in good time. 
"Hey, watch your step. You don't know what could be inside here," 
Violet cautioned Yukiro as she slowly walked into the cave. Around them were glowing pools of water, stalactites and stalagmites, and some glowing... things that gave only just enough lighting to see a bit. Yukiro had no idea what the glowing things were. 
"Wow," Violet gasped. She looked completely stunned. And really, Yukiro was too. Last time he'd been here it was pitch black, no light whatsoever. It felt a little unfair. 
Yukiro walked in a little deeper and kneeled at one of the pools, sticking his hands in and picking up some water in his cupped hands. 

@Violet Smith

Violet looked over and watched as Yukiro cupped some water in his hands. "Don't drink that," she warned. "There's probably worm feces in there." She laughed. Then she began searching around the rest of the cave. To the left of the entrance was a pile of large rocks, as if there had been a near cave in at one point. She peaked around the rocks. Nothing. She sighed and looked over at her familiar. On the other side of the cave, Dahlia was nosing through a bit of rocky rubble and nearing a large pile of rubble. Violet went back to searching on her side of the cave after she realized that Dahlia hadn't found anything either. 

Sitting on a rock, Violet took out a piece of gum and began to chew it. It was a habit of hers to do so when thinking. While her associates in the real world smoked, she took the healthier option of chewing gum to relieve stress and refocus her mind. She needed all of her lung capacity and health to deal with the targets she faced. 

@Yukiro

Edited by Violet Smith

"Don't drink that. There's probably worm feces in there," Violet laughed.
"Wow, thank you for that warning. I always plan on drinking mysterious glowing liquids I find in caves. Close call." 
Oops. Tala must be rubbing off on Yukiro. He was starting to talk more sarcastically and less... well, less politely lately, though it was rarer than not. 
Yukiro dumped the water out of his hands and back into the pool, but noticed his hands were still glowing. Interesting. Ignoring the strange fact he stood up and walked back over to Violet, who had started to chew on something. Which brought something to mind. Something that tasted good. 
He flicked open his inventory and pulled out one of his many, many dragon fruit smoothies and started to quietly slurp it through the provided straw. He began to walk even further in while his hands glowed and his smoothie tasted amazing. 
And, just as he predicted, he started to hear a surprisingly loud barking noise coming from his pocket. 
"Yumi's gonna be up in a minute if you wanna come say hi," he called out to Violet.

@Violet Smith

"Wow, thank you for that warning. I always plan on drinking mysterious glowing liquids I find in caves. Close call." Rather than become irate or annoyed at Yukiro's sarcastic response, Violet merely laughed. "Ah, so the prey has an attitude now?" she said, grinning. Then she noticed his hands were glowing as he pulled them out of the water. Strange, she thought to herself. But when she looked above Yukiro's stats above his head, she saw no status affects, so she just shrugged it off as a cosmetic affect. 

However, her eyes were once again drawn towards the man as she saw him pull a... was that a smoothie?! - out of his inventory. Her chewing slowed as she gave him an odd, curious look. Before she could begin to question him about his choice of sustenance, he said, "Yumi's gonna be up in a minute if you wanna come say hi." Violet quickly jumped to her feet, her thoughts on the drink forgotten and replaced by curiosity. 

As she made her way over to Yukiro, she heard a large roar come from the opposite side of the cave. She turned to look, grabbing her dagger at the same time. Across the room, she saw the gem they had been looking for in Dahlia's jaws, and underneath the large leopard was a... moving blob? As the blob moved and began to unfold, Violet realized that the once-shapeless form was actually a giant bat. "Get out of the way!" she yelled to Dahlia as she rushed forward, prepared for battle. Dahlia followed her companion's directions and quickly leaped away before the beast could attack her. 

[0] Violet: 180/180 HP | 18/18 EN | 3 DMG | 14 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN | LIGHT MOMENTUM

vs. 

Cave Guardian (a.k.a. Giant Bat): 20/20 HP | 50/5 DMG

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Yukiro - 460 HP | 46 EN | 11 DMG | 3 ACC  | 18 MIT | 3  EVA | 1 REG
Cave Guardian - 20 HP | 50/5 DMG
ID# 130751 | BD: 6 (4+3-1) MD: 9
Yukiro: HP 409/460 (-51) | EN 45/46 (-2+1)
Cave Guardian: HP 20/20 (-22) (Hate: Violet 0 // Yukiro 1)

Violet laughed. "Ah, so the prey has an attitude now?" she asked, amused. But soon she was on her feet and coming to meet Yukiro's familiar. 
Well, she was.
A loud roar suddenly echoed through the cave. Yukiro turned to see that Dahlia had... oh, one of the gems. Good job, cat. Oh, and that the cat sat standing on a giant bat. 
Wait. Giant bats are bad. He should take care of that. 

"Get out of the way!" Violet yelled. rushing forward. The big cat moved from atop the bat and--

Yukiro seemed to simply appear behind the bat, no warning, no blur of movement. He'd finally mastered his original technique; he didn't know what to call it still. Speed move? No, that was really dumb. 
Almost within the moment of being next to the bat the thing whipped into the air and tried to bite and claw the man. Yukiro didn't appreciate this. His hand flashed upward and grabbed the bat's head, slamming it down into the ground with enough force to reduce it's health to ze--
Oh, no, wait. It had a sliver of HP left. With a heavy sigh Yukiro thrust his swords tip into the creature, shattering it. 
"Tch, still too weak. That was intended to kill it instantly."

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

Violet's eyes widened as she saw Yukiro suddenly appeared behind the giant bat. With two swings he had already taken it out. Violet gave an impressed whistle and then heard Yukiro say, "Tch, still too weak. That was intended to kill it instantly." Violet began to laugh and walked over to where the man was standing. "Oh, hush now," she said to him as she patted him on the back. "You still took it out in one turn." 

As Violet was comforting Yukiro, Dahlia nudged her leg. "Oh?" Violet looked down and saw the black leopard holding up the gem that she needed. "Ah, thank you, Dahlia," Violet said, smiling, as she reached down and took the gem from the large cat's mouth. She gave Dahlia a few pets, and the leopard began to purr loudly, the vibrations spreading through the air around her. 

Violet then turned her attention back to Yukiro. "Anyways, I'm sure any woman would appreciate the power you showed today," she teased, laughing. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Yukiro: HP 419/460 (+10) | EN 46/46 (+1)

Violet laughed as she walked over to Yukiro. "Oh, hush now. You still took it out in one turn." She gave him a pat on the back. Yukiro looked down at her and gave a slight smile. 
"Maybe. But," he pointed to his health gauge, "If I can't even kill a bat without that happening, how can I expect myself to protect people like you from a floor boss?" 

"Oh?" Violet and Yukiro looked at tyhe black cat and saw it holding the gem that she needed. "Ah, thank you, Dahlia," Violet said, taking the gem from the large cat. Violet then turned her attention back to Yukiro. "Anyways, I'm sure any woman would appreciate the power you showed today," she said with a laugh. 
Yukiro tilted his head. He didn't really get what she meant by that, but he decided to accept it as a compliment. 

"So, what now? I suppose I need a shiny rock too," he glanced around, but didn't see any. But, as it turned out, he wasn't the only one who wanted to look around. 
The previously sleeping sugar glider peeked it's head out of Yukiro's pocket, now very awake, looking around at Violet and Dahlia. A small bark, similar to a chihuahua's came from the little guy. 

@Violet Smith

Violet heard a small barking sound coming from Yukiro's pocket. "Uh? Did that sugar glider just bark?" she asked as she slowly leaned in closer, checking inside the pocket to see if she could spot the tiny creature. She saw the creature peek its head at and immediately went, "Awwe! He's so cuuuute!" Her heart melted as soon as she saw the tiny creature. 

Dahlia attempted to stand on her hind legs to see the sugar glider, but she wasn't tall enough to be able to peek into the pocket. Violet laughed as she noticed the eagerness of her familiar. "It seems Dahlia wants to say hello as well, if that's alright," she said, looking up at Yukiro. Dahlia purred and swished her tail back and forth, intrigued and curious about the new creature. On the floor where Violet had found her familiar, sugar gliders were not common -- in fact she wasn't even sure if they existed there. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Yukiro: HP 429/460 (+10) | EN 46/46 

"Uh? Did that sugar glider just bark?" Violet asked, slowly leaning closer to Yukiro. 
"Yeah, he does that when he wants attention." 
"Awwe! He's so cuuuute!" Violet cried when Yumi looked at her. The sugar glider looked up at Yukiro and back at Violet. With a little twisting around in Yukiro's pocket he started to climb out and onto his shoulder. 
Dahlia seemed to be trying to look at Yukiro's familiar as well. 
"It seems Dahlia wants to say hello as well, if that's alright," Violet requested. Dahlia purred innocently at Yukiro. 
With a sigh Yukiro sat down, cross-legged, and gently picked Yumi up and laying the critter on it's back, using his thumb to rub his belly. Yumi immediately stopped trying to climb back up Yukiro's arm and closed his eyes, enjoying the rubs. 
"This is Yumi. Don't worry about scaring him, he's far from shy." 
As he spoke he used his free hand to open his menu and pull out a blueberry. This was one of his secret moves; Yumi couldn't resist his favorite food. 

@Violet Smith