[SP-F1] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> Oh NO it IS a fetch quest

image.png.d81a1d06ccb23b239f4facd8bf8cec07.pngLyle gave a heartwarming smile to Ceres, grinning ear to hear beneath a rugged and unkempt moustache. "Aye - youngin I thank ye kindly fer accepting my quest so quickly and readily." He gave her a firm nod of appreciation. "Yer got ta strong will, and fire in yer belleh. I like ye alreadeh."

Ceres wasn't sure what to think of this new NPC, Lyle was it? He definitely seemed to have more personality than the old Alchemist, Zackariah. She had hastily clicked accept, and was already in part - regretting it. In her haste she failed to ask him exactly what he required of her - what if he wanted her to go hunt twenty materials?

"It's no problem, really. I am here anyway so...." Ceres trailed off awkwardly, this was an NPC right? It didn't even matter what she said to him right? So why was she trying to talk to him like he was a real human being?

"Well Lass, I'm glad yer 'ere. I see yer look like tha ruff 'n tumble sort o' girl too." He said with a point of his chin, gesturing to her messy visage.

"Eh? EH?"

She did look messy...but... were NPCs capable of noticing and pointing out these things? Was it something to do with the parameters of degradation? Or something else? Ceres would drive herself mad trying to dissect it.

"I..do what I need to - to get by... I'm not afraid of dirt." Ceres admitted truthfully, still feeling awkward about having a conversation that seemed far too normal to be had with an NPC.

Lyle bellowed again, slapping his hand loudly on the bench. "Thats what I like ta' see. Right well miss. I'm a tad short o' some rare materials ta' make some swords ya see? I need ya ta go out in the wilds and get me three boar pup tusks." He held up three thick and hairy fingers to illustrate the point. "Think ya' got it in ya' lass?"

Edited by Ceres
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 Boar pup tusks....

"Three...Boar pup tusks...." Ceres repeated aloud.

"Aye, that's right." Lyle replied. "Just kill some of tha' pups that roam the wilds, they be easy pickin's - then bring me their tusks. Aye, I'll make a fine item with them I will." A small frown played his lips as he looked upon Ceres, seeing her hesitation. "Yer not wimpin' out on me lass? Surely ya know how ta fight?"

"O-Of COURSE I know how to fight!" Ceres snapped back. The reality of the situation was that she had never been in combat before. For the entirety of her time on Aincrad - she never once thought she'd bother going into battle, why? When others could do it for her?

Crap

If she knew that there would be fighting in this quest she'd probably have tried to get some aid on the help message boards - even if she had to pay some col to get it done - but - tutorial quests often found ways around that. They'd probably require both players participate to finish it and earn the rewards. This quest-line was after all, made to teach players the mechanics of the game.

"Ah, good. I was a tad worried fer a second there. Right." He slapped his hand upon the bench again. "Plop 'em right 'ere when yer done and we'll create somethin' grand. I cannae wait ta show yer the beaut of the bellows an' tha mighty roar o' the fires."

"S-Sure thing!" Ceres said, attempting to hide the nerves that suddenly bubbled up within her. The fear of actually fighting was quite real for her - she knew logically that she'd be able to handle such a thing as baby boars - heck- she had easily outrun them numerous times. Their area of aggression was practically non-existent as long as you didn't engage in combat. In part, she was thankful she didn't throw away the flimsy dagger she received when entering the game. It had sat collecting dust in the recesses of her inventory.

"Aye, let me mark where the youngin's are fer ya' lass."  A few moments passed before a cursor appeared on her map, somewhere southwest of the Town. This should be easy, right? The level recommendation was one - and she had a bunch of various potions from the previous quest. So there was no issue whatsoever with this. Rationalizing it made Ceres feel better, only slightly.

"I'll be back soon." Ceres said with a wave as she turned to leave from the Blacksmith's storefront.

A hearty laugh followed her, along with a joke - which Ceres didn't find the least bit funny. "Aye lass! Don't come back dead now ya here?"

"How would I come back if I was dead?" Ceres muttered as she kicked a rock. Less eager to finish this quest than the last. Still... she had to get it out of the way. These sort of questlines had what, 3 to 5 parts at most. And this was the second. All she had to do was continue to push forward.

No stupid little boar weaklings would stop her.

Ceres leaned against the cobblestone wall of the store - before she headed out - she needed to make sure she had at least something equipped. "I should have bought some form of armour... just to be on the safe side...but I did have something right? Didn't the game give me some sort of...." Her mumbles trailed off into unspoken thoughts as Ceres browsed through her inventory - she really didn't have much at all. So much for having a legacy. Normally she'd hoard every item she could get her hands on in games - and struggled with things like being over encombered or running out of inventory space. At least that wasn't an issue here.

"Leather chestplate...+1 evasion... So the mob would be less likely to land a hit on me - I mean...it's better than wearing nothing..." Ceres equipped the chest place and grimaced as it materialized on her form. The armour was light, but it still didn't feel very...nice. It didn't look very nice either. It was made out of a light leather, and was of poor quality. There were scuff marks and scratches in it, and the leather ties at the side were loose and coming apart.

"This isn't exactly my aesthetic..." Ceres mumbled. She preferred freedom and flowey clothes to this.

Still...It fit snugly on her form. And it would protect her.

"Ok...that's literally the only piece of armour I own, and now..."

Some more scrolling lead her to the only weapon in her inventory. Upon equipping it, it appeared at her side, snugly in a small holster around her waist. A dagger. A small dagger that gave +1 damage. It was nothing, heck - maybe it'd be better if she just used her fists.

"This is going to be a long...long day..." Ceres sighed as she turned to head to the south exit of The Town of Beginnings.

Edited by Ceres

"This will be fine...you have a decent amount of health - and there is no way you'll use 10 health potions..."

Ceres was amping herself up as she walked through the city streets. "You got that potion that will help you raise your health if you need... and if you aren't landing any hits - or the boars are stronger than you think you also have that potion that increases your damage..." Ceres gave herself a nod of affirmation.

"Right. Take them on one at a time - they're babies they probably can barely even walk let alone maul someone with their tusks and if they did hit me it's not like it'd really hurt - just a little tickle like a static shock. So this should be fine. It's a beginner quest on a beginner floor. If you can talk your way up into getting a code for this stupid game Ceres, you can do this. What kind of gamer are you?"

Talking helped.

Even if it did make her look insane to everyone around her.

Ceres took the last few steps out of town and back into the wilds for the second time that day. If there were a third part to this quest, she wasn't sure she'd be able to accomplish it before sunset, or before she wore herself out. Her stomach growled.  Ah. There was also that, she'd need to eat at some point too.

Lilac eyes glanced to the map, the quest marker was smack bang in the middle of a herd of red dots. Luckily, the dots were spaced out - it meant she could pick them off, one by one.

"Good."

The first boar was just a few feet away.

Ceres paused and took a deep breath.

This is it.

This would be her first battle on Aincrad.

No one really died to boars, right?

Edited by Ceres

latest?cb=20121115182555They... didn't look like babies.

Babies were cute they were fluffy and they did not have mother f**king glowing red eyes and gleaming white tusks that looked like they could tear clear through the skin of an ELEPHANT - let alone some flimsy newbie starter armour. Ceres took another step forward and the boars cursor changed - then half a second later it charged, straight at her.

"Well...sh*t." Ceres said as the so called 'boar pup' gave a slobbery, snarly sequel then charged at her. Ceres wasn't sure what she was supposed to do? Duck? Dip? Duck? Dive? or Dodge?

-WHAM-

During her indecision the beast had rammed head on into her. Ceres felt the wind get knocked out of her as she was forced back a few feet, and she felt a very strange tingle - as though someone had given her a static shock, but that was it.

Huh...

There wasn't any pain. There wasn't any real trouble... a quick glance at her health bar and...wait - why did it hurt her so little? Did the other quest cause her to level up? Maybe Ceres should have double checked her stats before entering the battle - but that was definitely more HP than what she felt like she had when she started these quests.

The boar circled round and went to attack her again, there was no time for her to worry about that - especially when it was a positive. Ceres was inept, for lack of better words - at battling. It's why she didn't want to focus on such a build so when the boar came around she grabbed her dagger and flailed it helplessly in front of her, and somehow - it managed to land a blow.

The Boar pup gave a grunt of discomfort and stopped its charge. Snorting as it began to circle her again. "D-did I do it?" She asked. Her eyes shifted to its health bar... it wasn't much but she did. She managed to actually attack something.

Battle Information

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID
#131634   MOB: 10-1=9
HIT!

CERES ATTACK
ID#131634 BATTLE: 6
HIT!

BOAR PUP #1   3/5
CERES: 77/80

BOAR PUP STATS
Health Points: 5
Damage: 3 (does not gain bonus damage on Criticals)
Boars drop Tusks on LD 11+

CERES:
STATS:     Lv: 4  HP: 80  Energy 8  Armour: Uncommon Chestplate +1 EVA      |   Weapon: Small Dagger UNCOMMON +1 Damage

Edited by Ceres

This wasn't so hard...yeh...this was fine... Ceres had more health than she realized- and she even managed to hit the stupid beast. The creatures hair bristled, and with a few stomps of its hooves the Boar Pup began to charge.

This? Again? The hell?

Was it just repeating the same move over an over? Did it have a pattern? Ceres wasn't sure but she wasn't going to stand around like an idiot and let it hit her again. Ceres stood her ground, she wasn't going to uselessly flail her dagger around this time, this time - she was going to keep her eyes open and hit it. The fear she had earlier was gone - seeing just how much HP she had.

Closer....

Closer...

There! Ceres side-stepped away from its charge just as the boar lowered its head to ram into her side again. The woman took a few steps back to try and put space between her and the beast then swung.

And swung again...

Ceres hit nothing but thin air - she'd stepped too far back from the Boar and completely missed her chance to retaliate.  The Boar was already on the move, it hard easily dodged her attack and began to run around in a semi circle to the front of her. So it was going to charge again.  Ceres just had to get over the concern of being hit - and damage the damn thing.

Battle Information

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID
#131642   MOB: 5-1=4
MISS!

CERES ATTACK
ID#131643 BATTLE: 3
MISS!

BOAR PUP #1   3/5

BOAR PUP STATS

CERES:
STATS:     Lv: 4  HP: 80  Energy 8  Armour: Uncommon Chestplate +1 EVA      |   Weapon: Small Dagger UNCOMMON +1 Damage

Edited by Ceres

"Fighting like this takes...more finesse than I thought..." Ceres said as her lilac eyes watched the boar with caution. It was easy to gauge distance on a screen, there were indicators of the area of attack - and you could move the mouse around to change your point of view. This? This was like fighting something in real life, and Ceres was not physically inclined. Not that she was unfit...but she most definitely didn't hit the gym or take up any sort of sports or martial arts.

This was the first Boar...it was a test subject - yeh. That's it. This was her 'rough draft' of a fight. All she had to do was trial and error - and eventually she'd have it.

Another loud snarl - this signaled the beginning of its charge - well - at least she had a visual and audio cue. Side-stepping the next charge was easy enough. This time instead of backing away and keeping her distance Ceres pressed forward - and with a single swipe she managed to whittle it's health down a little more.

"Ok...Slowly...Surely...getting there..."

Battle Information

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID
#131644   MOB: 6-1=5
MISS!

CERES ATTACK
ID#131645 BATTLE: 7
HIT!

BOAR PUP #1   1/5

BOAR PUP STATS

CERES:

Edited by Ceres

It was just the same damn thing...over and over again.... The boar would back away then charge, she'd dodge and try to attack. Rinse. Repeat. Was this what battling was? All it was? Where was the variation? The different move sets? Why were people so hell bent on battling when this was all it was? She'd much, much rather be sitting in a tavern somewhere eating a moist cake with a nice creamy coffee, with the sun warming her back. Not this.

This?

Was stupid.

The Boar wanted to charge? FINE So would she!

The two charged head first at each other, beast vs woman - just as the boar lowered its head - she rose her dagger. Both ready to strike each other at the dire moment of impact...

But there was no impact...both had run head on toward each other, and both had...completely and utterly missed.

Battle Information

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID
#131646   MOB: 3-1=2
MISS!

CERES ATTACK
ID#131647  BATTLE: 3
MISS!

BOAR PUP #1   1/5

BOAR PUP STATS

CERES:

Edited by Ceres

pvXg81V.png "Pleaaase...." Ceres muttered. "I'm so sick of missing, especially when its both of us." She spoke exasperated, running a hand through tousled crimson hair. Who'd have thunk battling would be annoying, rather than scary? The boar grunted in response. Of Course it wasn't going to reply. "How about -instead of charging at the same time..." She paused and stressed the word. "Again... we just take....you know...turns?"

Like the creature would actually listen to her. It screeched its horrid screech and charged at her. is that all these things knew how to do? Charge? Was there a certain moveset - yanno - like Pokeemon?

The boar yowled, beady flashing eyes absolutely furious, foam forming at the edges of it's mouth. It was probably upset because it was so close to dying. "Well if you JUST let me take your stupid tusks without - GAarghhh"

The Boar Pup opened up it's muzzled maw and clamped down on Ceres, that same tingling sensation shot up her arm, but it wasn't a bother - what was worse was the terrible sensation of thick...wet....warm drool oozing over her forearm. Her entire body shivered at the nasty sensation. She'd rather it just have rammed her into the ground again.

The normally aloof woman in that moment, broke - dancing from one foot to the other as she feebly tried to pull her hand away from the beast, whilst it so happily munched on her arm. "Eew. Eew. Eew. Eeew. Eeww. I'm not a damn snack!"

Battle Information

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID
#131648  MOB: 9-1= 8
HIT!

CERES ATTACK
ID#131649   BATTLE: 4
MISS!

BOAR PUP #1   1/5
CERES: 74/80

BOAR PUP STATS

Edited by Ceres

After the second chomp had whittled away just that little more damage from her health something happened...

A thick, pink, wet, tongue rolled out from its mouth and curved over her arm. It felt like a large snail was dragged across her body. "ARgh! STOP THAT!" Ceres cried as she lunge the flimsy blade into the top of the beasts head. The wet sensation of being gnawed on dissipated in a flurry of red data. No more Boar Pup...No more gross chewing...in its place sat a small boar tusk.

"I...I did it!?"

Ceres stared at her own two hands, dirtied- and shaking. One dripped with a thick white ooze, but she did her best to ignore that. She was ok...she was perfectly ok. Even her health...despite taking multiple hits, it felt like she had barely lost anything. "I don't get it..."

Her Stats...

Ceres had been so busy worrying about her armour and weapon - and counting inventory that she completely forgot to check the stats after receiving the firsts quests rewards. Her eyes widened. "Wait..." She was level 4? Just one quest, a boring, stupid...fetching quest - had allowed her to jump up 3 whole levels. So then...

Ceres started to count on her hands. "By the time I finish this quest...I should be at least....level six? Damn...I should have sucked it up and did these quests a long while ago...I feel a little silly now..."

Battle Information

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID
# 131650  MOB: 9-1=8
HIT!

CERES ATTACK
ID#131651  BATTLE: 8
HIT!

BOAR PUP #1   0/5

LOOT ROLL
ID# 131652 Loot: 13
SUCCESS

BOAR PUP STATS

CERES:

Edited by Ceres

One boar down, and it had been successfully looted as well - Ceres knew that these sort of quests gave a higher chance of dropping the neccessary items, since they were quest items - still. It began to feel a little easier. The woman slowly felt a little more confident. Albeit her attitude toward fighting had yet to change.

Her lips curled up in disgust as Ceres kneeled down and wiped her hands on the ground. "Nasty...so very, very Nasty..."

The feeling of the slime was gone...but the knowledge that she was still so unclean did not sit well with Ceres, she'd have to finish this quest - and wash her hands at the very least before continuing to the next one. "Oh..."

The small white tusk still sat on the floor - The redheaded woman picked it up and turned it to and fro in her hand. How exactly was Lyle meant to make anything out of this? It was best not to question it. Never question game logic. Ceres placed it in her inventory and sighed, closing her eyes and allowing herself to enjoy the quiet for just a moment.

"SCHNNAAAARRRRRLLLlll"

Lilac eyes shot open, that was NOT the serene silecne she wanted - Ceres rolled out the way just in time to dodge the attack of another boar. Had it wandered over and she not noticed? That didnt sound like her- Ceres was more observant than that. This time, her attack happened on instinct, with dagger in hand she lashed out at the beast as it passed her - landing a hit. That was a good start.

Ceres clambered to her feet, lilac eyes narrowing as she sized up the Boar Pup. Same as the last one - would it charge three times then try to bite? Or would it switch up its moveset?

Battle Information

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID
#131655   MOB: 1
MISS!

CERES ATTACK
ID#131656 BATTLE: 8
HIT!

BOAR PUP #2   3/5

BOAR PUP STATS

Edited by Ceres

Just as Ceres had predicted, the Boar charged again, this one seemed a little more advanced than the other - rather than a straight attack it began to zig-zag in its approach to her.

Ceres grit her teeth as her eyes followed its movement. Was this because she had managed to strike it first? Were mobs made with an adaptable AI system that learned? It wasn't uncommon to see such a thing in video games. Enemies would learn attack patterns and be able to counter them. Well, two could play at that game - the boar dipped its head as it reared closer toward Ceres.

Knowing that was the sign of its final lunge Ceres was able to shift to the side - it was a gamble on which side but the right side had been the...right choice. Ceres' boot shifted in the grass and she pivoted her body to strike the Boar - but it didn't stop. Instead it charged straight forward and her attack missed.

Ceres followed it, the grass was slippery and it served her well as she pivoted her body to match the Boar as it began to build up speed- running in a cirle around her. This is exactly what the first one did. So if she were to hazard a guess- it'd hopefully charge one more time - and if that attack failed - then it'd try to bite her.

Ceres had to either kill it before it bit her - or dodge that nasty bite.

She did not want to be covered in slimy drool again.

Battle Information

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID
#131657   MOB: 5-1
MISS!

CERES ATTACK
ID#131658 BATTLE: 3
MISS!

BOAR PUP #2   3/5

BOAR PUP STATS

Edited by Ceres

The boar continued to circle, gaining speed and momentum - if it charged at her now - there was a high chance she woudldn't be able to dodge it - her flimsy armour didn't really have enough of an evasion boost to aid her - and if it were to hit her...Ceres knew it'd be with a force that would render her useless -and her attack would fail.

Knowing this, knowing all of this she shut her eyes and charged forward to collide head on with the boar. May as well go out swinging, as they say. Ceres was prepared for the hit, even so - it had knocked her back a few paces and caused her to loose her balance.  Ceres rolled her body as it landed on the floor. The strange tingle ran through her torso - "That is a feeling I don't want to get used to..." Ceres groaned as she pushed herself up.

Her hair had been shaken loose, and was making it harder to see.  But she wasn't going to let this scuffle stop her. No. She'd finish this stupid quest. Hell... She'd finish EVERY single stupid quest she could. Screw the aloof quiet route - let's go for the competitionist route.

Ceres pushed herself onto one foot, then the other.

I swear if this little sh*t bites me .....

Battle Information

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID
#131659   MOB: 8-1
HIT!

CERES ATTACK
ID#131660 BATTLE: 5
MISS!

BOAR PUP #2   3/5
CERES: 71/80

BOAR PUP STATS

Edited by Ceres

The boar pup scratched at the ground with its cloven hoof a few times - Ceres' narrowed her eyes. Oh... OH It was definitely going to bite her now. They may have adaptive AI - But their moves ets were still more or less the same. Charge three times, Bite twice, then...well she hadn't gotten much further than that - the first Boar fell after the second bite.

This one...She wanted it to fall Before that happened. Or at least let it bite a part of her that wouldn't be so...open to being drenched in slime. Ceres grimaced...She wasn't wearing armour - that slobber would leak right through her cotton pants. Still - that was better than her bare skin. Right? Right. Ceres gave a resolute nod as she pushed her hair back up and out of her face. She'd let the damn thing bite her.

Just as the Boar charged, opening its maw to bite Ceres followed suit, this time she lowered her body and began to slide toward it, foot outstretched.

BAMF

Her foot landed right into its mouth - and as expected, the beast chomped down hard - the tingling sensation of being hit climbed up her leg like pins and needles- but the sensation of wet slobber was dulled. Ha! There she had it. All it took was for her to calm down and observe her surroundings, like she always did.

Battling wasn't as bad as she had first thought - bu these were not the frontlines these were quite literally the weakest mobs in the game. Ceres pulled her leg up, and the Boar Pup followed suit, still latched on with his grimy maw - Ceres could see the glistening snot around its large nostrils.

SWISH

And with that - the beast was no more. Her strike had been a critical one - the words 'critical blow' flashed above the boars head before the flimsy dagger tore through the side of its skull. Ceres was thankful this was not a gore-riddled game. It was nauseating enough seeing the Boar Pups snot, let alone its innards. Red tinted pixels danced around her as Ceres rolled onto her back. Staring up at the sky.

Two down...people did this daily?

How?

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID
#131661   MOB: 7-1
HIT!

CERES ATTACK
ID#131662 BATTLE: 10
CRITICAL HIT!

BOAR PUP #2   0/5

LOOT ROLL
ID
#131663 LD: 3
FAIL!

BOAR PUP STATS

Edited by Ceres

Sure...this was exhilarating, Ceres could feel her heart pumping hard in her chest - and she couldn't lie and say it wasn't at least somewhat exciting. Because it was. Ceres liked to analyze things - enjoyed working out pieces to the puzzles that others often missed. Being able to watch attack patterns behind a screen was one thing, this was a whole other.

"I should only have to fight one more..." Ceres said to herself as she finally sat up. Feeling around for...nothing. "Oh." She stopped looking. Knowing exactly what had happened. The Boar Pup hadn't dropped anything. So, she still had to fight. How many would she have to fight till she had what she needed?

Ceres was hoping to finish this smoothly and quickly, but that wasn't the case - not when RNG was involved. With a deep breath Ceres stood back up, and tapped her foot a few times on the ground to loosen the drool off.

"This won't stop me."

Another Boar Pup wasn't too far off, with their attack patterns in mind, Ceres wasn't going to let them attack first- this time she'd be the one to strike first. How did people do this in those cartoons? They'd run up screaming with their weapon held high - maybe spout some sort of line of justice.

Right.

Ceres imitated that, minus the foolhardy scream - she ran at the boar and drove the dagger into it's side before the boar had a chance to turn around. The mob gave a pitiful squeal before shaking itself loose of the blade, the boar tried to nip at her but Ceres had already moved a few feet away.

"If they charge...maybe I should stay close - see what their close combat move set is..."

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID
#131677   MOB: 3-1
MISS!

CERES ATTACK
ID#131676  BATTLE: 9
CRITICAL HIT!

BOAR PUP #3   2/5

BOAR PUP STATS

Edited by Ceres

The Boar Pup was disorientated, it shook its head free, whinnying as it stumbled to and fro. Wouldn't this be a good chance to get another hit in? This wasn't exactly a turn based system, it was live combat. Even if it were turn based - it was technically her turn. The boar tried to attack and failed, that left the cards solely in her hands.
Utilizing the opportunity Ceres struck again- another close blow down the side of the boar - it made a pained sound before exploding in an array of red. The critical hit she had landed earlier must have been enough to allow her to knock it out in just two blows.

Ceres straightened her back and tapped her chin. On average, they took three swipes to kill...landing any form of critical hit would mean they'd die in two. At her level...with her stats...there was no way she'd be able to knock them out in a single blow. Even with the potion sitting in her inventory.

The redhead wasn't expecting to find anything, even so...as she looked around for any loot drops and found none - she felt...disappointed. Maybe her first assumption of the drop being lowered for the quest had been wrong? She'd only killed 3 of the boars - and her health was still a healthy green. She didn't need to use her damage potion, nor her health extension potion. If this kept up...even with the loot drop rate being a 1 in 3 chance...she'd be able to get by and return to town without depleting her potion supply.

"So, I should keep attacking first..." Ceres mused as she approached the next one.

CERES ATTACK
ID#131678  BATTLE: 7
HIT!

BOAR PUP #3   0/5

LOOT ROLL
ID#131679 LD: 6

FAIL!

BOAR PUP STATS

Edited by Ceres

How many was this now? Four...

Ceres shook her head, she didn't like this. How many more did she have to go through? 6? 12? If she had to fight 12 of these damn beasts she'd probably go mad. There was only so much 'fun' that could be had doing the same thing over and over. There was only so much variety that could come from charge, dodge, attack, charge, dodge, attack - maybe throw in a few bites - oh? Another charge?

Oh how very Predictable

At
Least she was getting the hang of this now. Even if it was growing dull and uninteresting. So much for that adreneline rush she felt earlier. Ceres approached the next Boar Pup and quickly rose her flimsy little dagger - striking it once in the head and stepping back to the side - without a second thought to avoid the initial counter attack. Ceres was barely paying attention at this point. 

"You little things are quite....boring now aren't you?"

CERES ATTACK
ID#131682  BATTLE: 6
HIT!

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID#131683 BATTLE: 3-1
MISS!

BOAR PUP #4   3/5

BOAR PUP STATS

Edited by Ceres

"I'm just gonna stay...close to you..." Ceres said in a bored tone as rose her dagger again - she was still within striking distance - so she may as well try to let this fight end as quickly as possible. All she wanted was to finish. But at this rate, there was no finish in sight. Why was there so little loot drops? The first was a fluke? At this rate there wouldn't be any baby boars left.

The dagger once again landed directly into the boars head, right between its beady red eyes, and in a practiced fashion - because the woman literally performed the exact same move just a few minutes ago, she stepped away as the Boar Pup snapped at her. It's counter-attacks didn't have a high hit ratio. Probably because it was a weak mob.

"If I stay close - this will all end quicker. The quicker I kill you all, the quicker I can get this loot and go."

CERES ATTACK
ID#131684  BATTLE: 8
HIT!

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID#131685 BATTLE: 3-1
MISS!

BOAR PUP #4   1/5

BOAR PUP STATS

Edited by Ceres

Over and over, and over, and over.

It was a good thing Ceres wasn't some famous NewTuber - or Switch Streamer...or that someone had to read her exploits because at this point it was almost laughable at how repetitive they were becoming. Her movements were virtually a direct copy paste of the previous action. Luckily, that wasn't the case - no one was reading her exploits. No one knew she was grossed out a few battles ago by thick viscous white goop that had seeped from the boars mouth, and no one knew how quickly she was falling into boredom.

SLASH

Another swipe at the Boar and it was dead. Ceres had to give the damn beast a little credit - right before it exploded into a flurry of pixels it had tried to lunge at heer - but a simple step backwards left it snapping at thin air.

And....of course...it left nothing...

No Boar Pup Tusks.

"Dammit."

CERES ATTACK
ID#131686  BATTLE: 6
HIT!

BOAR PUP ATTACK
ID#131685 BATTLE: 3-1
MISS!

BOAR PUP #4   0/5

ID#131687 LD:5
FAIL!

BOAR PUP STATS

Edited by Ceres