[F-01] [SP] Let's Get Started «The First Few Lessons are Free»

“Leave it,” Takumi frowned, “You can’t help them, he’s already too far gone,”

“Never,” Kenji glared back, “I want to help whoever I can,”

“You can’t even provide for yourself right now,” he scoffed back, “What are you going to do? Strip down in winter so a handful of kids can be slightly warmer?”

“Yeah. I’ll do that if I have to, just because I won’t make a huge difference, it doesn’t mean I shouldn’t help them,”

“Your one article of clothing isn’t going to help anyone through the nights here,”

“I’m not going to just stand by!”

“Open your bloody eyes! There’s thousands of these kids freezing out here every single day, you won’t make a difference, no matter how hard you try!”

“Guys, guys! Let’s all calm down…” Rei sighed,

“Yeah…” Yuta nodded, he looked over at Kenji, “I know how you feel but…”

“But what!? You don’t want to help them!? They’re just kids!”

“Kenji…!” Takumi snarled, his hand balling into fists in anger, “If you don’t-“

Edited by Tsurei
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rei interrupted by kicking Kenji in the face, the impact, drove him onto his back with a loud thud, this was a safe zone and thus no damage could be caused, this was a game, thus no pain could be felt. With that, he didn’t hesitate to kick him full force, it was a little refreshing.

Before Kenji could get back up to throw fists around, Rei pinned him with his foot, pressing him back down,

“R-Rei…” Yuta reached out,

Kenji, cool down. You know that Takumi is right. Even if you strip naked right now, things will not change for that child, and you’ll just be miserable and self-righteous all on your own,” Rei stated firmly, “If we want to help the kids, they need proper shelter and then clothes and food.” He glanced over, “They look like they’ve given up all hope, even if they don’t die from it, they’re probably hungry, tired and so on,”

“Then-“

“If we want to help them!” Rei looked down at him, “We’ll need money, a huge amount of it, we’ll purchase a building, house what kids we can, and try to provide for them, that’s the only plan if you want to help these kids.”

Edited by Tsurei

Somewhere along the way, their goals had changed, at least a few of them now held a burning flame in their hearts, a goal worth pushing themselves for, the resolution at least saved the argument from descending any further and the group were absorbed in their own thoughts as they walked to Zackariah’s.

“Oh, you have returned,” the old man chuckled,

“We got your herbs,” Yuta opened up the menu and materialised 5 sets of aconite, the others soon did the same,

“Excellent, now, I did promise to teach you how to create potions… please, come this way,” he gestured to the back room, as they entered it, they realised that there was a strong scent of herbal medicine in the room.

“Now then, Aconite is the key ingredient, but you have to prepare them, grind them up into paste along with a few other ingredients and you have healing salve, boil them up and mix with a separate component and you can create a potion, here, I’ll demonstrate.”

Soon, each of them were made to re-enact the process, one at a time.

ID# 132798

CD: 11 = Perfect Success

Edited by Tsurei

Takumi went first, managing to replicate everything and get a perfect potion,

“Oh! Amazing! You have talent!” Zackariah praised, Takumi didn’t reply to a simple minded NPC and went to the back of the line frowning and folding his arms.

Zackariah smiled weakly and turned to Yuta next, he managed to succeed and create a normal potion,

“You succeeded, well done,” Zackariah smiled, but Yuta was a little peeved at his luck, with a sigh he stood beside Takumi.

Kenji went up and managed to make a perfect potion, and Rei did much the same,

“Are you serious?” Yuta groaned,

QUEST COMPLETE

“I think you all have a good grasp on it now,” Zackariah smiled at them, “Here are the fruits of your labour,”

-        Obtained 5 x [T1] [Uncommon] Health Potions (+40hp)

-        Obtained 1 x [T1] Damage Potion (+1 Damage)

-        Obtained 1 x [T1] Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp HP)

-        Gained 2 SP

“Oh, and before you go, I need something delivered to Lyle Tealeaf, of the Slyveryn Blacksmith,” he pulls out a wrapped package for each of them, it was similar to receiving a small delivery to your home, a brown paper wrapped package like a small cushion. “His smithy has a Leaf symbol on the sign, the only one in town,”

“Sure, we’ll do it,” Rei nodded, this was part of the Chain Quest and their next step.

Summary

Spoiler
Closed Thread Rewards (2 pages)
+2 SP
+800 Col
Quest Rewards «The First Few Lessons are Free»
+2 SP
5 x [T1] [Uncommon] Health Potions  (+40hp)
1 x [T1] Damage Potion (+1 Damage)
1 x [T1] Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp HP)

Lost for story reasons (Sold Off or Used)
- [T1] [Uncommon] [Curved Sword] Chinese Dao (Damage 1)
- [T1] [Uncommon] [Light Armour] Leather Armour (Mitigation 1)
- 2,500 Col
- 5 xStarter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
- 10 x Tier 1 materials

Edited by Tsurei