[F6-SP] A New Leaf «Gemini»

“How?” The doppleganger’s head turned and its eyes met its rapier. The Other Mask hesitated for only a moment before she grabbed the rapier; a moment that it would regret in the next as her head snapped back and her entire vision was blocked out by the tip of Kagami’s weapon about to pierce her eye. Its mouth fell agape, as a breathless scream emitted from the NPC.

Kagami leaned forward so she can whisper in the doppleganger’s ears once more while keeping her blade perfectly still. Her voice dripped with malicious glee as her breath tickled the doppleganger’s artificial ears. “You know what they say. An eye for an eye.” She quickly unsheathed her sword from its resting place in the doppleganger’s eye socket and with a quick motion stowed it away into her inventory. As soon as that was done, the lifeless NPC began to crystallize before bursting and dissipating into nothingness.

Spoiler

ID: 164716 | BD: 1 (2, +0 -1)
The Other Mask missed Shin Kagami!

ID: 164717 | BD: 6 (4, +3 -1)
«Basic Attack» vs The Other Mask.
2 DMG | 2 - 1 = 1 DMG.

The Other Mask | HP: 0/10 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 1 | EVA: 1

[4] Shin Kagami | HP: 20/20 | EN: 0/2 (-2) | DMG: 2 | EVA: 1 | Savvy: 1

Immediately afterwards, Kagami’s face snapped back and returned to the same stonewalled expression that she had while she was drowning as if someone had finally released the tension in her face.

At the moment, there was nothing much for me to think other than, “That was fun.” The time was sort of hazy and the light that reflected around the clearing was odd, almost as if it was casting a veil over my vision and that I was in a dreamlike state. I stepped towards where the rock and water met and dangled my feet into the pristine pool, the disturbance caused ripples before it settled once again.

As I looked up to the cataract I looked back to the moment before my virtual eye got pierced. In that moment, I thought that if she had admitted defeat and simply left than I would have left her. There was no real point to killing it, regardless of its artificiality or the supposed ghost in the shell. At that moment, I thought, “It doesn’t really matter what I do in this game. Once it ends or I die, nothing will matter.”

I spaced out for a couple minutes as the light had begun to disappear from behind the trees and the sun began to hide more of itself below the horizon. As I stood up, I came to a weak resolution and an even weaker conviction. “I guess I gotta do what I enjoy doing. Whatever that may be.”

Spoiler

ID: 161582 | LD: 9
Searching for chest: Failed