[SP-02] Steady Awakening «Let There Be Light»

Taking a promise to himself in hand, a flutter of the red tapestry that hangs from his shoulders in vibrant red and adjusting his gleaming frames on the bridge of his nose Raidou sets his sights for more, eager to pick up from where he left off. Exiting his shop and beating a path to Urbus, the main city on floor 2, more specifically the quest board he had been avoiding for what seemed like a lifetime. Pushing through the canopy of trees carefully, the brush taking some lodging between his silver plates strapped to his left arm before he picks them out from between the metal teeth. "This never gets any easier getting in and out."

The sun had risen but minutes ago, the morning dew condensed in streams of white obscuring vision with a sky painted a bright blue as twilight was ending in full.

*shiik shiik*

Raidou fought his way through the trees finally making it to a more flattened less inhibited path that existed and began to head east toward Urbus. Normally the floor at least saw decent activity from other players, but the timing has caused it to be desolate and clear so Raidou was making much more headwind then usual.

"Please Sir, you've got to help me!" spoken as a woman approached at a rapid pace in disarray. Slightly heavyset with a green dress that covered her from the elements but not extravagantly so, adorned with a white apron that perplexed Raidou in why but would remain a mystery the red wanderer would never know. For this recent arrival held a cursor of yellow, lined in faint white light signifying quest affiliation.

"What, might I ask your name?" Raidou although knowing that she's not human wanted to abuse the situation as practice and diffuse the urgency for an accurate account. "My name is Griselda, please sir you must save her." as her footfalls came to a stop and she took a few heavy breaths for the trouble approaching. "Her?, who is she and what do you ask of me?" a calm and steady response as this was no person to cause the turbulence.

"My little girl, Tia was playing just south of the village and was taken! All the boy could tell me is that they had wings and he ran as fast as he could." Getting out what little information she had to Raidou giving him all she had. "Fine I'll secure your girl, I assume I can find you in Urbus, await my return there." Raidou drops the stalwart phrase and a reflection bouncing off his face with no pause for a reply.

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer 

Weapon: The Black Star (T1/Perfect) Paralyze 1, Taunt, Vampiric (Offensive) 1

Armor: Swordsman's Bracer (T1/Perfect) +27 Mitigation

Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe (T1/Perfect) +3 Eva

HP: 520/520

EN: 52/52

Damage: 2

Mitigation: 27

Evasion: 3

V.O. 1 (9-10)

Para 1 (9-10)

Rank 1: 1-Handed Straight Sword

Gatherer

Rank 5: Searching

Battle Ready Inv:

Self-Heal Potion*2

Golem's Strength*4

Edited by Raidou
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heading east with softened steps, cutting the treeline carefully with eyes drawing across the surrounding woods. Scanning the dark brown foliage for signs of what had taken the girl but there were none. Proceeding further and further from the outwalls of Urbus, the walls barely visible behind him through the canopy of the forest.

#134791 LD: 11+5 Success!

LD: 11+ to find signs of where the girl went. (Searching modified)

The trees and the ground seemed undisturbed but Raidou scanned for any subtle distance through the emerald green surrounding him in excess. Sliding his fingers along large trunks and down to the ground, Sifting through brush and foliage combing through the area. Raidou finally catches something with attentive eyes and knelt.

"A depression in the ground." Raidou remarks as he drags open fingers through a tiny footprint pressed softly in the ground and hones in on the direction.

"It's leading this way..."

Taking softened steps as to not give away the travel he heads southwest, the city of Urbus exiting from sight while tailing the trail from the left side. Pushing through and noting the disheveled upheaval that shows the girl was running.

Edited by Raidou

The mouth of a cave, moving up to meet him with every step taken. A grimace looking thing with jagged points looking like teeth on this mouth of the cavern. Colored in a dark cool grey with wet walls as these teeth dripped the moisture, from deep within the soft sound of echoing moving water. The steps lead to the mouth but vanish at the entrance due to the solidity of the different material, Raidou steps within and peers deeper and is greeted with nothing but a black void staring back at him.

Raidou second guesses for but a moment before he makes a call "I have to go and get her, If she's alive I must get her out and if she's not...at least there will be peace."

Steps in deeper, into the darkness the red of his cloak vanishing in the void as his pupils dilate to drag in what little light is available from within.

[Low Light Penality Enabled!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 52/52, Damage: 2, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy

Edited by Raidou

A musky smell found its way into Raidou's nose in the darkness, like the scent of wet moss bleeding from somewhere in the depths below. Darkness surrounded the red swordsman who fought through it to find the missing girl from within the wet mouth. Subtle sniffling echos down the barren cavern walls.

"Hello, Tia?"

"Your mother sent me to find you, where are you?"

Raidou took a gambit hoping the cave walls would carry his voice to the child's ears.

"Help me, the monsters are going to get me..."

A subtle voice dragging along the stonework from somewhere deeper within.

Careful steps toward where the voice seems to be carrying from, his hand dragging on the cave wall to keep himself stable and heading forward.

The voice stops but as Raidou presses deeper and deeper some 20-30 ft from the light, a subtle sniffling seems to climb up to meet him.

"Tia, I'm here..." Raidou remarks placing a soft hand on the girl's shoulder in the low light and her shaking stops.

LD: 11+ Finds the girl, Searching (Aka. Tracking) modifies this roll

#134980 LD:15+5 Found!

Edited by Raidou

"Look out its the monsters!"

Her tiny voice still scratched from consistent tears breaks through the silence, with a pointed finger barely visible to Raidou.

Creeping his gaze behind him slowly with the fluttering of wings at his back.

"Tia, stay behind me ok?" Raidou looks to her with a soft smile and a hand up.

Her hand was covered in slobber and gunk but Raidou manages to contain his outburst at how gross it felt.

Wiping her nose with her free arm and a soft nod "Ok..."

"Good, I won't let anything happen to you." Raidou convinced her with the honesty stepping a few steps forward and unsheathing the black star with a heave to remove it. The blade falls with the point cracking into the earth with a loud *Clung* like a trashcan being hit with a hammer. Its impact produces a few sparks that light the cave for a second like fireworks giving him a glimpse of his opponents.

"Bats, looks like two..." A hushed whisper as the skitter back and forth in the darkness as silhouettes. "Well, I guess the only solution is to fight you back."

become the hero they were meant to be

Lifting his blade as the words reverberated in his head, a shower of sparks as the edge of the blade tore up his plated left arm. As if a flashbang going off in rapid strokes as a harsh grinding sound screeches out following the light Raidou gets the blade raised and propped on his right shoulder.

"I'm no hero, just standing up for what I believe in..."

A darkened grey shade of light takes hold over his blade with soft candlelight.

"Here goes nothing!" Raidou yells as the assist system aids his momentum as he starts to pivot his feet, a subtle rotation to his right to build speed but the gravity of it is too slow and the bat shifts slightly as the blade slams into the floor with a shower of sparks and a hefty *boom*

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 49/52, Damage: 2, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [3 En Used!]

Bat 1: HP 50/50, Damage: 20 {#134981 BD: 3-1=2 Raidou Missed with Snake Bite!}

Bat 2: HP 50/50, Damage: 20

Edited by Raidou

Skittering back and forth to keep mobile an echoing screech pierce's Raidou and Tia's eardrum with the harsh sound before it bears its fangs and goes for blood. Attacking in a pair each aiming for any bit of flesh they can grasp at. Raidou lifts his plated arm and shifts the blade around to block one as it barrels in, the second moving for an opening which Raidou closes abruptly with a quick punch before a few sparks draw the blade back up for an offense.

"If this is the best you've got, I've underestimated myself for far too long..." Raidou scoffs at his previous inactivity while shifting the blade back to his right shoulder to help him carry the weight. Tia skitters behind Raidou taking refuge in the red tapestry at his back with a sniffle feeling a bit more reassured.

A step forward Raidou shifts his left in front of him and raises his left arm outward palm down as the blade takes on color.

[Bat 1 Rolls #134982, MD: 1-3 Miss!]

[Bat 2 Rolls #134983, MD: 7-3 Miss!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 49/52, Damage: 2, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy

Bat 1: HP 50/50, Damage: 20

Bat 2: HP 50/50, Damage: 20

Edited by Raidou

The blade screams down with subtle assistance from the system, as the bat gets clipped but not hard enough to deal damage to it.

"Damn, I just got to get this thing under control!" Raidou yells as the blow collides with the stone underneath his target as it shifts to the side in avoidance.

A quick rounding of his right arm overhead and a drag of his left arm at the guard of the blade to pull it back to his shoulder and prepare to defend himself. 

Looking over his shoulder to the small girl at his back, Raidou re solidifies himself adding a few inches between his feet.

I need to do this not just for my sake...but for everyone I've met, everyone I want to...

The blade glows greyish-silver in response, egging him on to land one of these strikes and succeed.

With a nod and a focused gaze, Raidou's attentions shift as the beasts approach.

[Raidou Rolls #134984: BD: 6-1=5 Missed! Using Snake Bite]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 47/52, Damage: 2, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [1 En Recovered][3 En Used][Using Snake Bite {x3}]

Edited by Raidou

Scattering about in attempts to breach the barrier to their respective meals, they split and attempt to attack from two sides. The first Raidou turns and drops the weapon breaking the approach with relative ease as it breaks away at the ground underfoot in a shower of sparks. The other screams toward him and bears fangs which are met by gleaming plates shoved in as it bites and scratches against the metal guard in a *screech* as the equipment does what it was intended to do.

Feeling the resistance they fall back and regroup, weighing their options as the A.I. starts to try and find a loophole through the wall in front of them housing the girl from harm.

A shift again peeling the blade back up with some difficulty and a huff, Raidou winds up for his swing as the attack delay wears out.

Soft grey light in the dark cave, Tia still sniffling not sure if she's safe or not yet, trapped in strange awe.

[Bat 1 Rolls #134985 MD: 9-0=9 Minor Critical!, Raidou takes {21-27=1} 1 Damage!]

[Bat 2 Rolls #134986 MD: 5-3=2 Missed an attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 47/52, Damage: 2, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy

Edited by Raidou

A quick turn and pivot to gain some momentum for the cleaver in his hand, heaving the weight around before stopping dead and allowing the rest of it to be carried by gravity toward its victim.

"Come on, Come on, Come on!" Raidou yells as the system aid kicks in and he pushes himself to move faster hoping for it to connect this time. The bat starts to dodge as they scatter but Raidou shifts his feet and redirects the blade's trajectory with a quick punch to the flat of the blade shifting it over just a few inches. This works as the blade comes down hard on the creature leaving a decent size glowing red gash on its torso where it struck.

Sliding out from the divet as the glow fades and it limps back to its partner and regains its composure. A quick flutter, and the glimmer of teeth in the blackness as they move in for the kill.

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 45/52, Damage: 2, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [1 EN Recovered][3 EN Spent][Activation: Snake Bite]

Bat 1: HP 44/50, Damage: 20 [Snake Bite #134987 BD: 7-1=6 Hit!, Bat 1 Sustains 6 Damage!]

Edited by Raidou

The one struck attempts to move in and falters giving up on the notion while the other goes hail mary and manages to chip a tooth as Raidou drops his plated arm between them, despite aggressive gnawing with clenching jaws it appears the plates are just to thick to pierce through. Raidou pushes it back with a shift of his hand, pivoting and drawing the blade over his shoulder again.

"The best offense..."

A subtle turn of the phrase Raidou has twisted to his personal meaning from long ago, shifting with a shower of sparks and a soft glow building in the darkened cavern.

"You'll have to get through me first, go ahead and try it, see how you do."

A declaration to the fluttering demons as they eyeball the child, their attention moving back to Raidou as he shouts with it bouncing off the damp walls in a chorus of a valiant stand.

[Bat 1 Rolls #134988 MD:5-3=2 Missed Raidou!]

[Bat 2 Rolls #134989 MD:3-0=0 Missed Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 45/52, Damage: 2, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy

Bat 1: HP 44/50, Damage: 20

Edited by Raidou

Drawing a small vial from his robe pocket, knowing that he has the upper hand and needs the edge to finish this quickly. A dark red liquid swirling around entrapped in a glass with a cork lid.

"You see, I prepare for the worst...and I intend to use everything I can to sway the board in my favor." Raidou thinks out loud, having finally come to terms with his stance on this battlefield.

"Tip the scales, rig the field, abuse every advantage, I see it now..." Raidou whispers popping the cork on the vial in his grasp.

"Beware my justice, for its swift and merciless, let the iron of my will carry to your grave!"

Drinking the blood-red swill contained within a fire ignites in the red wanderer's belly with a cough as the power courses through his veins like burning oil down a network of rivers, causing his skin to feel hot like its ablaze.

[Raidou Drinks Golem's Strength #134359-1: +2 Base Damage!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 46/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [1 EN gained]

Edited by Raidou

The bats try to take advantage of the distraction, honing in on the swordsman while he chugs away at the vial. Dropping the vial empty as they approach the first parried off with ease with a swift jab against the other of his plated glove, his defenses remain stalwart as the liquid pumps through his meager frame sharpening it to a razor's edge.

A quick flip of the blade as the weight seems a bit more manageable Raidou is able to hold it aloft with the point outward toward the pair.

"Come...face your end with dignity"

Slamming forward against in a shower of *clangs*, they apply pressure to have it returned just as quickly as it is served up.

A quick flurry and a pivot with a flutter of the red cloak adorning his shoulders, Raidou grinds his glove with fragments of light as the blade is set alight with intention.

[Bat 1 Rolls #134990 MD:3-0=0 Missed Raidou!]

[Bat 2 Rolls #134991 MD:2-3=-1 Missed Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 46/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy 

Edited by Raidou

A quick flurry of screaming steel, that connects with a stalagmite protruding from the floor. A crushing slam as it shatters to dust, the bat narrowly avoiding what could have life-threatening. The low light gives the bat a slip as it darts back to its comrade and rears up preparing to strike again with an opening maw, skittering in a mirror with the other as they close the gap with his back turned. With haste and a vocal warning, they slam into him, the first knocked asunder as Raidou's blade arcs over and slams into it while the other gets a mouth full of the steel plating attached to his left arm.

Skittering apart as a few feet draws between them they circle Raidou sizing him up and trying to find an opening to exploit.

A quick shift and shower of sparks Raidou's blade glows as they screech and begin to fly inward.

Raidou: #134992 BD:3-1=2 Missed Bat 1 with [Snake Bite!]

[Bat 1 Rolls #134993 MD:4-3=1 Misses Raidou!]

[Bat 2 Rolls #134994 MD:6-3=3 Misses Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 44/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

A quick flourish of steel in a wide rotational arc as Raidou draws through with a pivot living a grey trail in his wake, The bats scattering and separating to avoid the swing that would have caused them harm. Quick and nimbly jumping about with a few high tone screeches in protest as the darkness draws silhouettes of them in Raidou's eyes.

Squaring off a battle of adjuration as the creatures struggle to find an opening to sink their teeth in and claim their prize while Raidou is having a hard time connecting with them due to the conditions.

Flipping the blade back upward and grinding it to neutral with unorthodox style Raidou's blade takes grey hue again with intent as the system activates.

Bouncing around in the air with a hiss they dart sporadically in Raidou's direction hoping to find a weakness or to feint for each other the swordsman wasn't certain.

Raidou Attacks: #134995 BD:1, Raidou Missed with Snake Bite!

Bat 1 Attacks: #134996 MD: 2-3=-1 Missed!

Bat 2 Attacks: #134997 MD: 9-0=9 Minor Critical Dealing 1 Damage to Raidou!

Raidou: HP: 518/520, EN: 42/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

A subtle glance between the swordsman and the creatures assailing him as one is rebuked with ease the other barely scratching his skin with the attack. A clash with a small tick against Raidou's HP total that is marginal at the top left of his screen

shifting apart like a matador and a pair of taurus, as they turn to face each other in a staredown.

The games were starting to agitate Raidou, they seemed to act an attack but then flee the moment before a swing. Dodging out of the attack moments before connection and given the swordsman's inexperience with the sword given to him he was having trouble landing a strike with it.

Sliding the weapon back into a neutral stance with intent to land one this time, a similar grey glow building on the tip of his blade.

A push off the ground and the shifting of earth under his tows as he pivots with his right arm trailing over his head.

[Raidou Attacks: 135000 BD: 3-1=2 Missed Using Snake Bite!]

[Bat 1 Attacks: 135001 MD: 9-0=9 Raidou takes 1 Damage!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: 135002 MD: 2-3=-1 Missed Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 517/520, EN: 40/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

Ripping and tearing through the air as the blade glances one but not hard enough to deal any lasting damage as they scatter and float around him. A quick leap back and a slide Raidou remains stalwart dropping his blade into the earth to slow his kinetic force. Grinding to a halt with a quick toss of his left arm underneath the grounded point with a flash of light as it is ripped back up to a carrying stance, drawing the point out from his torso with another steady gaze toward the target.

"I can do this, I won't give up."

Rearing back and arching his back as he shifts the blade over his head to his left shoulder with an activating grey light as the system kicks in.

A quick few steps to close the gap and a shift of his feet turning his back toward the bats darkened silhouettes once more.

[Raidou Attacks: #135003 BD:5-1=4 Missed with Snake Bite]

[Bat 1 Attacks: #135004 MD:1-3=-2 Missed!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135005 MD:2-3=-1 Missed!]

Raidou: HP: 517/520, EN: 38/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

The gambit works, the first skitters closer as Raidou connects...hard as the creature flies off and slams against something in the darkness. The figure of the creature painted in the shadows can be seen attempting to collect itself but is winded. The second gets a lucky shot following in tow with its kin scratching softly along Raidou's face as he tilts his head.

One lays staggered on the ground collecting itself while the other floats back and forth winding itself up and choosing its next course of action.

A soft flutter of his robe, with a finger from his left adjusting the frames on his nose. Kicking the point of his blade and a quick turn brings it back on his right shoulder.

"I think im getting the hang of you just a bit..." A subtle remark from the red wanderer looking at the handle of the black star resting on him.

[Raidou Attacks: #135006 BD:10=10 Major Crit! with Snake Bite dealing {(4+2)*3=18} 18 Damage and recovering 52 HP {V.O. 10%} and stunning Bat 1]

[Bat 1 Cannot Attack [Paralyzed]]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135007 MD:6-3=3 Missed Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 36/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Bat 1: HP 26/50, Damage: 20 [Paralyzed]

Edited by Raidou

As the bat struggling to peel itself off the cave floor, Raidou leaps and cleaves down into it, crushing its frame against the stone with a heavy echoing *slam* as a few pebbles and soot dislodge from the ceiling in puffs from the impact that shook the place. 

"Stay down...I've had about enough of this charade!"

A spiteful decree from the swordsman with his patience tried the other hostile moving in but is met with the flat of his blade in a parry.

"I'll deal with you in a moment."

Raidou saw his opportunity as the grounded beast was weakened and stuck still and he aimed to finish it while it was an easy target.

A quick heaving of his blade unpinning the beast who was feeling the after-effects of the sheer pressure was dazed and couldn't collect itself.

Showering sparks as Raidou returned [The Black Star] to his shoulder.

[Raidou Attacks: #135011 BD:9-1= Minor Crit! with Snake Bite dealing {(4+1)*3=15} 15 Damage and recovering 52 HP {V.O. 10%} and [Paralyzing] Bat 1]

[Bat 1 Cannot Attack [Paralyzed]]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135012 MD:7-3=4 Missed an attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 34/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Bat 1: HP 11/50, Damage: 20 [Paralyzed]

Edited by Raidou

Raidou presses his foot into the bat as it tries to pick itself up.

"Stop, accept defeat for it will be quick."

Retracting his foot Raidou takes a step back, then pivots forward and cleaves down with the full weight of his blade in an earthshattering crash, followed by a flash of blue light and a *pop*

The last bat, having watched its kin sundered under the blade moves in for revenge. Raidou rebukes with his sword with a light flash as his weapon and attention shift to the final solo target.

Drawing the sword to his shoulder with a quick sprint toward the final one, stopping feet from it to start to slide his momentum carrying him forward as he begins to pivot right with a glow beginning to grace his sword.

The hostile starts to wind back and attack the swordsman in tandem, meeting steel with tooth and claw.

[Raidou Attacks: #135016 BD:10-1= Major Crit! with Snake Bite dealing {(4+2)*3=18} 18 Damage and recovering 52 HP {V.O. 10%} and killing Bat 1]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135018 MD:6-3=3 Missed an attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 32/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Bat 1: HP -7/50, Damage: 20 [Dead]

Edited by Raidou