[F-01] [SP] An easy-going hunt «Secret Medicine of the Forest»

“I see, still, it’s great to have weak enemies, but it’s kinda boring,” Takumi complained idly as the pair of them walked slowly to the next pair of Nepents,

“I guess, your shield is just perfect for mowing them down without doing anything after all,” Rei shrugged in response, a small hint of annoyance,

“I’m so bloody glad I went with this,” he lets out a appreciative sigh as he looked over at his shield, the front side adorned with hooked spikes due to the Thorn modification, Rei felt himself inwardly wince just imagining getting hit by a shield like that in real life, the hooked barbs would be incredibly painful, looking at it’s design, it even seemed somewhat cruel, though Takumi himself didn’t seem to mind it much.

“Try using your Arts some, I want to see them,” Rei suggested out of curiosity,

“Eh… nah, using them is a pain in the ass,” Takumi however quickly declined with a lazy groan,

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good few minutes later, Rei noticed from the corner of his eye as Kenji and Yuta approached him, chatting along the way,

“Hey guys,” he greeted them as they got closer,

“Hey,” Kenji responded whilst Yuta simple nodded in answer,

“So you guys finished up as well?” Rei wanted to confirm even though he knew that was probably the reason,

“Aye, I got the flower thingy,” Kenji nodded and materialised the red five petalled flower,

“Right, all that’s left is to wait for Takumi’s to show up,”

“… It’s not like he’s fighting slowly,” Yuta mumbled as he walked over to lean on the same tree, he observed Takumi when he first thought it was because he was having a hard time fighting or was just so lazy he was doing it slowly, but it appears to not be the case, since the shield did all the work, it was just that he was incredibly unlucky,

ID# 135691
LD: 1 = No Treasure

Edited by Tsurei

“If only we could still hunt for another one,” Rei shrugged with a sigh, the quest items were limited to 1 per person for the use of the quest, it had no other use and was impossible to get rid of, all they could do really was watch Takumi go about his business and wait for the flower to eventually show up,

What seemed like a short easy quest suddenly had the prospect of lasting much longer than it should and Rei momentarily thought to how his first few quests had gone, underequipped, even hunting the boar pups was difficult back then.

In just two weeks, Rei reminisced, they seemed to be doing quite well for themselves already.

“Are we doing the dragon quest today after this?” Yuta glanced over at Rei, his eyes sparked with a hint of anticipation,

“Yeah… maybe…” Rei mused over his answer, if they manage to wrap up soon enough, they could go fight the dragon, it was also in the forest somewhere and they could still get back for dinner afterwards,

“Bloody hell, finally!” Takumi groaned as he lifted up the red flower, walking over to the others looking incredibly tired, well, there was little doubt it was mostly due to the boredom,

“Alright, we’re all done here, let’s get back to that village,” Rei nodded, pushing himself off the tree as Yuta stretched his limbs with a yawn,

“Er… which way was it again?” Kenji muttered sheepishly, glancing around without a clue,

“It’s this way, right?” Yuta answered uncertainly, pointing his finger towards a direction, through all the fighting and movements of Martial Arts, he lost his bearings and no longer knew where they had come from, not to mention they had to seek out groups of Nepents, meaning they had long veered from a comprehensible path,

Everyone’s eyes turned to Takumi, luckily, the one who had the easiest time was also he one with the best geographical knowledge and memory of the group, so they were able to quickly make their way back.

“O-oh! You have it!” the old woman at the cabin shakily took the flowers from the four of them, her hands trembling with disbelief and gratitude, “With this we can finally… Thank you, thank you so much!”

“No problem,” Rei nodded, the quest after all was very easy for them, since it was geared towards beginners, they probably could’ve done this right off the bat if they hadn’t sold off their equipment at the start,

“I’m very sorry, we don’t have much we can do to repay you,” the old woman looked at them guiltily but Rei quickly shook his head,

“Don’t worry about it, it wasn’t too difficult to do,”

“Is that so… in any case, thank you for saving this village, we owe you, if you ever need something please ask us, we’ll do whatever we can to repay you,”

“Right…” Rei rubbed the back of his neck, not good with these kinds of conversations and turned to leave,

“take care,” Kenji politely bowed as the group left,

“Well then, off to kill that dragon then?” Rei looked over at his friends with a wry smile as he watched Yuta nod excitedly,

“What a pain…” Takumi slumped his shoulders with a sigh,

“Is this really necessary?” Kenji asked, hoping that they could somewhere ignore the quest,

“Yeah, we could ignore it, but since it’s a good fight, I figure it’s best for us to get used to fighting enemies at certain levels so that we can handle ourselves in the other floors,” Rei explained,