[F6-SP] Cry's of a Valkyrie against the pouring rain (Gemini)

After accepting the quest that Raidou tells her to take, she receives the Swordsman’s Bracer from Simmone walking out of the tree lines. Moments later Simmone hands her a couple potions. Shiina turns to the forest then back to Simmone and the remainder of Firm Anime with a nod followed by a face of determination. “I got this” Shiina says as she starts heading into the darkened forest.

Shiina Equips Swordsman’s Bracer [Heavy] +27 Mitigation
Shiina Equips the Cat’s Gaze [Trinket] +3 Accuracy
Shiina receives 2*Immolation potions from Simmone
Shiina consumes an Immolation potion

Shiina puts the Swordsman’s Bracer on as it begins to gleam from the remainder of the sun above her hitting the metal. “Why do I need this Book Boy” she says as she takes one of the potions out and pops the cap open. She smells it and her nose flares up from the intensity as she says “I hope this taste better than it smells” as she takes a deep breath and drinks the potion quickly, dropping the bottle to the ground as it rolls around her feet.

Spoiler

Shiina, Resonant Valkyrie:

Level: 1

HP: 20/20

EN: 2/2

Swordsman’s Bracer [Heavy] +27 Mitigation

Cat’s Gaze [Trinket] +3 Accuracy

Accuracy: +3

Mitigation: +27

Immolation: 10 Unmitigated damage vs aggressors

Skills:

First Aid: Rank 1 

Edited by Shiina

“Oh it doesn’t taste…” she can’t finish the words as she shuts her eyes tights and sticks her tongue out with a “Blaak”. 

After a few moments of trying to get the taste from her mouth, she starts walking into the tree line further.

Shiina stops after walking for a few minutes in a random direction and realizes that there is not a directional icon, just a huge circle surrounding the forest that she stands in. She opens her quest log confused a bit and reads the quest carefully with squinting eyes. “WHY YOU NEVER SAY NOTHING USEFUL,” she says slightly angry now. Shiina pops her big map open hoping that a better view would give her more information. The large map just continues to show a large circle around the forest that she stands in. With a large huff and a small pucker of her cheeks her map closes. 

Shiina looks around the large forest not really sure what direction she came from. “I guess I will go…” she says looking in all directions “This way” she starts walking further into the trees.

As Shiina walks aimlessly through this forest, “This is boring...” Shiina says with a quick go back of her head. After a moment of looking around, she finds herself playing leapfrog over large boulders. Some of these boulders are encased in moss that seems to cover some portion if not all of the rock. As Shiina hops over this rock, her hand touching the slick moss slips. Shiina finds herself butt first in the damp dirt and leaves that have fallen from the trees above her. Still sitting she grabs a handful of leaves and dirt in her left hand. Looking at what looks like mush in her hand she gets to her feet and wipes her hand on her clothes. 

As Shiina wipes the wet dirt from her hand she sees Raidou’s Bracers reflecting off the sun again. Shiina smiles a bit saying “I know you wanted us to do this but why???” as she touches the bracer with her other hand. A small voice pops into Shiina’s head “FOCUS”. She seemed to remember Simmone telling her that once or twice before. “FOCUS” it says again in her head before Shinna says “Okay Okay Fine” with a small groan attached to these words she continues walking aimlessly into the forest. Stepping over branches and what seems like thick vines now spreading the ground of this forest. Leaves begin to fall from the trees above with grace as a small wind starts causing the leaves to dance around her. Shiina watches as these leaves flutter around her. She catches one in her hands with a “Gotcha!” and a small giggle and a smile.

Edited by Shiina

The wind around her starts to pick up a bit, making the leaves too hard to catch. Shiina’s cheeks pucker up as the wind starts to hit her face more fiercely than before causing them to redden from impact. “Well this sucks a giant pile of rocks…” she says as she forces herself to continue walking through what looks like a storm that is brewing up. Shiina finds herself pushing against the wind ever so slightly. “DON’T BLOW ME AWAY PLEASE!!” After awhile of constant fighting against the wind through leaves now violently whipping against her face, she glances down at Raidou’s Bracer. “Why are you making us suffer through this….IT SUCKS!!” Shiina says with a small irritation to her voice. Shiina plots her but against the ground waiting for the wind to calm a bit before continuing forward. 

After a few minutes of sitting there on the damp ground, she re-adjusts the bracer on her arm as she says “This is really big Book Boy...What would I possibly need this for.” Shiina gets up from the ground and starts walking again through the darkened forest. 

Edited by Shiina

As Shiina is walking the ground beneath her feet start to sink down a bit. “EEWWWW” she says as the wind starts to pick up again ever so slightly. Her hair starts to flutter around her face as a light layer of fog begins to set in around her. Moments later she hears a *CRUNCH* of a twig behind her. Another *CRUNCH* to the left of her. She swiftly looks around through the light fog as the bushes on either side of her start moving a rustling around. Shiina’s chest starts to pound fast and faster as tears start to form in her eyes as she screams “DON’T KILL ME!!!” Her scream echoes a bit through the forest as a rabbit runs past her feet and a bird flies above her with a loud chirp, knocking Shiina off her feet to her butt again. “Meanie” she says in a small voice with a protruding tongue. 

Edited by Shiina

With a small sniffle, she says “Nature’s scary and mean and it sucks big time” as she wipes the water out of her eyes. Shiina gets to her feet patting her hand against her backside. Looking around her a bit she sees the fog begins to thicken little by little. Tears begin to form again as she says “I don’t like this place,” but continues walking because she won’t get out if she doesn't keep walking.

The thinner trees start to sway with the wind and the vines from the larger trees begin to smack their trunks. Shadows of birds above the trees in the sky begin to circle on the ground around her from what little light there still was. The fog began to thicken a little at a time. Shiina’s chest begins to pound faster and the depths of this forest was playing against her at every turn. 

Edited by Shiina

Goosebumps start to form as the temperature began to drop ever so slightly but enough to notice. Her walking slowed down a bit as she screamed: “WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING OUT HERE BOOK BOY.” Nature answers her with a crash of thunder in the now clouded sky followed by a flash of lightning claiming the sky with darkened clouds. Moments later another set of thunder and lightning but in unison this time. Shiina’s heart skips a beat as she finds herself running through the fogged environment. As she runs she hops over a larger stone followed by a large root coming from the ground. Shiina tries to run from clashes flashing light in the darkened clouds above her as she now finds her knees on the ground. Her hands sink into the dirt as she stares at the ground. Shiina seemed to trip on something but not entirely sure what. 

Edited by Shiina

She feels a wet drop plop on her head. Looking upward another drop on her face. Her fists clench against the dirt as she closes her eyes, letting little rain droplets hit against her face. After a moment or two, she sits on her knees as she picks up the dirt in her small tightened fists. At this time the rain starts to come down a little faster. Shiina lets the dirt fall from her hands and she gets to her feet. Now covered in mud, “Maybe this rain will help wash the mud away” she says with a small voice. She glances at the Bracer with caring eyes saying “I trust you book boy…There is a reason for everything but what of this…” Shiina by this time is soaking wet. Her hair is plastered to her face. She jumps a bit when the thunder strikes again. Opening her hud and then her map she frowns a bit as the map still just shows back to her a giant green circle.    

Edited by Shiina

With a big HUFF from Shiina, she begins walking again through the now muddy ground. As the wind gets strong and the fog gets thicker, she finds it hard to walk around. Rain continues to fall harder against her small posture and the lightning and thunder continue to clash against each other in the heavy gray clouds. Shiina walks what seems like forever before finding a larger tree with a small boulder underneath it. Placing her hands against her cheeks and walking to the boulder that seems dryer than the others she takes a seat under the large tree. She rings her hair out a bit as she looks around the thickened fogged area surrounding her. The little head of hers starts racing. Thoughts of doubt and shame. “I don’t know if I’m going the right way Raidou or if I’m even doing this stupid quest right,” she says with a sad voice.

Edited by Shiina

Shiina finds herself looking at the glinting silver plates affixed to her arm again hoping for some sign to magically appear from within the reflection painted as the rain dances off the metal in streams of water tearing along them. Staring at the Bracer her eyes gleam a bit in the excitement of this sight. Her mood switches just a little from happy to grumpy. “THAT’S NOT HELPFUL…” Shiina calls out into the distance through the thick fog and heavy pouring down rain. “I CAN’T SEE ANYTHING OR HEAR MYSELF THINK…” Annoyed, she hops off the rock and looks into the fog. “This is stupid and annoying and I hate it…” as she hesitantly walks back into the wetness. She crosses her arms with a huff and she presses both arms to her chest with the intent of becoming warmer and stave off the incoming chill. “BRRRR~!” she shivers now soaking wet again.

Edited by Shiina

Aimlessly walking her way through this storm that is only seeming to get worse, Shiina begins to get lost in thought. Words from Raidou when we pushed him to become something more. Mean words from Simmone when she thought I could be better than myself when I was ready to give up on trying to get recording crystals. The thought of maybe never seeing my real home again because of this stupid game. Simmone’s words start to echo:

“Shiina, come on dear you can do this.” 

She stops in the cold rain and holds her head in her hands. “I want to but it’s so hard!” she says as she looks into the only thickening fog and heavy rain before her. The rain drips from her hair down her face.

“You are no longer separate from each other when we are together.” Raidou’s voice echoes through her head like he was there with her.

These words set a fire inside her. “If not for me then, I will do this for you Book Boy,” she says and she starts walking faster. Getting deeper and deeper into the storm and fog that only seems to thicken, Shiina finds herself moving vines and branches away from her face as she almost runs through the forest. Winds from all angles, swishing her hair in every direction. The pouring down rain making Shiina drenched as she finds herself almost dragging from the weight of the rain on her clothing. She adjusts the Bracer back on her arm not wanting it to slip off. Shiina is almost squinting trying to keep her vision clear as much as she possibly could, for the rain is dripping down her face from her hair like a waterfall. Regardless of the circumstances, Shiina is more determined than ever to not only get this over with but to get back to her group safely.  

“I can do this” she calls out as she wipes her face with her wet arm sleeve. With a grunt of small frustration she moves her hair from her face with both hands. “It’s cold and rainy…” as she looks out to the distance in front of her “and foggy…. This sucks big Raidou.” She continues to walk a bit further before her feet hit something different than soft and squishy. Shiina stops and looks to the ground under her feet noticing that it was some kind of stone. She takes a few steps forward and with the fog vanishing as she walks through it she comes to a broken down stone wall. “Break for a sec” as she turns her back against this wall and slides to the ground, looking into the fogged pathing in front of her. Shiina puts her knees to her chest, wraps her arms around her legs and places her chin on top of her knees.

Edited by Shiina

Shiina sits there as she ponders her thoughts. “It seems like I’ve been out here forever. Why do I feel like I am getting nowhere” she says as tears start to build up against the rain pouring down her face. “Maybe I’m not as…” Shiina starts to say before she starts seeing slight movements through the foggy rainy mess. Shiin sits there and squints at it. She rubs her eyes with her fists to clear her vision a bit even if it was for a split second. She squints once more before realizing that the thing got closer to her. The humanly figure in the fog got closer. Shiina gets to her feet quickly with her back against the shortened wall behind her. “WHO’s THERE” she finds herself screaming louder than before as she is trying to talk over the thunder crashing in the sky and the rain hitting the pavement. “WHO ARE YOU” she screams even louder as her chest starts to pound a bit as the entity gets closer and a little bit bigger with each step. Shiina finds herself getting scared as the entity appears from the fog. Shiina sees herself but different.

1185508807_ShadowShiina.png.18308be6d5ee40646083b50757fb040b.png

Raidou’s words echo’s in her head, “What you’ll see will change you, let them speak and face yourself.”

Shiina stands there staring waiting, glaring as the creature begins to speak “Hello, us scared are we?”

Edited by Shiina

“Getting lost in our heads again are we?” dropped from twisted lips from her darkened duplicate with subtle venom laden in the words. “We never could focus, useless in anything we try to do because we can’t ever keep our mind on any one thing can we?” Shiina was visibly distraught not sure how to process this thing before her nailing the head of her issues and thoughts she was trying to mask. Spinning her fingers together looking at them intently, Shiina tries to filter out what the creature is speaking at her. Thinking in reverberation through her eardrums on repeat like a broken record.

It’s not real…

Moving to Shiina and standing above her as if she was going to stomp on her while she was down the clone leans in close, a foot from her face “We are real, don’t ignore us. we can hear us can’t we?”

“Leave me alone, Jerk!” Shiina mutters out in defense trying to found the courage contained within her small frame, getting a bit flustered. 

“We are the jerk, are we not? How many times have we used bad words or done bad things to people because we weren’t happy because they were mean to us, an excuse to be mean was all we needed.” an explanation through sound muffling rain bleeding through it. 

“I don’t...I am nice to people…” Shiina struggling to defend herself from the creature’s barrage, not usually the one capable of taking such a verbal beating.

“Yes, we are nice until we decide that we aren’t. To a point, we pretend to be a good girl but then treat people like garbage when we do not get our way. Isn’t that right?”

Looking up for a moment with the tears welling in her eyes, Shiina looks into the glowing yellow eyes piercing in the cloud coverage.

“We always strive to be a good girl, be the best girl yeah?” A query from the double in earnest trying to goad little Shiina into saying the words it longed to hear. “That’s not true, I just do my best…” the tears culminating with the moisture already present on her face. “No modesty, we are the best or it’s just not good enough. How many times have we started something from the beginning just to find that perfect note, that perfection we strive for?” Shiina’s heart couldn’t take this attack. “Stop it, leave me alone you don’t know me.”

A dark grin peeling across its face at the words, knowing its one more push to what it wanted.

“We do know us, after all, I am you.”

“NO, your not me you are a butthole!” Shiina says this comical statement with surprising seriousness.

“Then I guess, that makes me... me!” As it draws a large hammer and attacks, with a demonic cackle.

The monster hisses under the crack of thunder, having been paid the words it wanted to hear. Shiina takes a step back and falls to her butt, as the creature arks heavy yellow light over its head. "Any last words?" The beast aimed for a coup de gras to destroy Shiina before her journey began with a sharp hiss with a darkened face. Shiina shields her face in self-defense and as the beast connects, the strike seems significantly weaker then she expected. Opening shut eyes after the impact, the glimmer of Raidou's glove as the blow glances off the plates. The paralyze sets in but Raidou's glove does its job keeping Shiina safe from true harm as the creature continues to batter against her aggressively.

BD:1+3 Missed

MD:9+4 Minor Critical!

Shiina: HP: 19/20, EN: 2/2, Accuracy 3, Mitigation 27, Immolation: 10 Unmiti [Paralyzed]

Gemini: HP: 10/10, Damage: 5 [BD:(9-10) 6-7] Accuracy 3, Mitigation: 1, Paralyze 1 (9-10)

Edited by Shiina

Immolation backlashes and tears across the enemy destroying its strength in a torrent of fire. "Oro?" Shiina blinks a couple of times, trying to process that she just won the fight without attacking as shes trapped in her stun. Hoping to her feet and looking over herself in sporadic glances trying to find injury before chuckling "Wow, you suck..."Shiina looks down at the shadow of herself after it gets knocked to the ground. Happy but at the same time mad Shiina says “I know I’m weak but jeez.” Thinking back to all the things the shadow brought up, Shiina frowns. Standing there staring at the shadow of herself she says “Yes! Okay, we have some issues but doesn’t everyone. I’m working on myself…” pausing for a moment before saying “I’m working on you which is me. Everything you said is true but with some help from book boy and everyone else, WE will be better.” Shiina walks to the shadow with a hand out in front of her toward her shadow as she says “Together and with help, we will get better.” 
The shadow takes her hand as Shiina accepts herself and all of her flaws. As the hands touch the shadow dissipates into blue data and flows into Shiina with a small gust of wind.

ID# 135895 results:

Battle: 10 PARALYZED

MOB: 6+3 HIT

Shiina: HP: 18/20, EN: 2/2, Accuracy 3, Mitigation 27, Immolation: 10 Unmiti

Gemini: HP: 1/10, Damage: 5 [BD:(9-10) 6-7] Accuracy 3, Mitigation: 1, Paralyze 1 (9-10) [Spared!]

The strength of the heart required to face oneself has been made to manifest
Shiina has faced her other self
She has obtained the resolve to overcome life’s hardships

Edited by Shiina