[OP-F5] The Return

It was a nice, warm, and beautiful day on the 5th floor of Aincrad. I was just released from about 2 months worth of meetings. The Inn I stayed at resided on this floor, just on the edge of town. It's such a beautiful day today. I'm so glad I am done with all those meetings. They took forever. I wonder what all has changed while I was away. I said as I scanned the area.

I noticed that there were more players here than last time. When I left, there was no one around except for Zauis. I wondered what he was doing right now. My guild is still low on numbers but I'm hoping that I will soon be able to get those numbers up and return my guild to the best guild in Aincrad. Of course I will have to do some leveling and strengthen my equipment.I continued walking to reach my destination.

I went to my room and changed into my casual guild attire. I wore a white t-shirt and a blue jacket that had the guild logo on the back, as well as dark blue pants. I left the room and went to the cafe to get some food before I ventured off to find something to do. Maybe I will run into someone who would be happy to see me. Maybe I could get some recruiting for the KoC done today. I asked myself these questions but yet unable to answer them. I couldn't wait to see what was about to unfold after my return.

Having a restless night as usual seeing as he wasn't allowed in town for being a pker he rested on a tree near the town. He was having a nightmare once again and being tense while in his nightmare he rolled off the branch connected to the tree. As soon as he made impact with the ground it instantly woke him up and he was breathing really hard. Zauis was trying to catch his breath as he rolled around the grassfield. Placing his hand on the tree he finally recovered from wind being knocked outta him.

He stood up with an restless look on his face while rubbing the back of his neck looking around. "Maybe I should head to somewhere else. I love floor one, but maybe I'll switch things up a bit. As much as I hate heat....I'll check out floor five." he said calmly while using a teleporting crystal which lead him to floor five and right in the center of town. Zauis gulped and looked around at all the hateful faces.

They then started booing Zauis to get away and NPC's were chasing Zauis. "Damn it man. Why can't my sword art online life be normal. I feel like I go through this everyday...." he basically out ran most of everything as he runs with his head looking down at the ground and right as he looks up he sees someone in a blue that he knew by heart. "Wait a minute....is that? Shark?" he stopped and walked by the cafe and tapped on the window at the guy in blue. "Thats definitely him alright. My old leader, Shark." he yelled at him through the glass. Zauis was wearing his causal outfit. His small brown shirt with a long beige shirt and trousers.

I just sat down at a table in the cafe about to order my meal, when suddenly I hear a knock on the window next to me. I turn my head to find Zauis standing outside. I look around and see guards running in his direction. I held up my hand telling him to wait there. I quickly made an order for two to go and left the table to go out and see him.

Zauis!! I yelled as I rushed to greet him. I went up to him and gave him the biggest hug that I have given the entire time I was in here. Man it's great to see you. I then noticed the guards that were quickly approaching. I looked into the cafe and saw my meal on the table. Hurry!! Follow me! I told Zauis as I ran inside, grabbed my food, and ran back to my room.

Upon arriving to the inn, I motioned Zauis to come inside. I set out the food, made myself a plate and told Zauis to help himself.

It's been too long bud. How are things? I wish I was able to be here but those stupid guild services people kept me on a short leash. I looked at him wondering what trouble he got himself into recently.

Zauis saw Shark's hand go up possibly telling him to wait. As Shark ran out of the cafe he ran into Zauis giving him a huge hug. Zauis laughed and hugged him back while giving him a nice pat on the back. "I'm glad we could meet! It's been so long man." as the guards came closer, Zauis rushed in behind Shark who had grabbed his food and headed up stairs signaling Zauis to hurry. Zauis dashed up behind Shark and right as he entered the room he fell to the floor breathing heavily.

"Ladies and gentlemen...go green or go home. It's hell being a red player. Hahah." he said jokingly though he sorta meant it. He grabbed one of the burgers on a plate and took a huge bite out of it. "It has man. Things are going well for me. Just waiting on my new blade to get crafted. It's gonna be so freaking door man. And don't worry about it." he smiled.

Zauis took another bite of the burger and a slight blush appeared of his cheeks. "So freaking delicious man. You just don't understand. How are things with you by the way? Ya know me Shark....still trying to find that perfect lady. It's kinda hard these days. Especially when I'm focused on surviving this hell hole." he stated after swallowing his food.

I knew it was your favorite so that's why I bought them. I am also looking to get a custom weapon. I need something better and to match my equipment. I need something that will keep me strong and be able to save and help others. I need to get stronger. I said as I ate my burger. I looked over my guild roster for the 7th time this month and remembered that Zauis left the guild. When I remembered that, I started feeling a bit upset again.

I am doing fine. Wish I wasn't stuck in meetings these past few months. I miss the Front Lines. I counted my guild numbers and sighed. I would love it if you came back to the guild. I'm upset that you left. I do need to start recruiting again to get the guild back to it's rightful spot. I scanned over the complete Guilds section of my menu. The only guild I know pretty good is the Ebon Vanguard which hosted that death duel with me. Man, was that fun. I said to myself. I need to get out and meet the rest of these Guild leaders since I have been stuck in meetings with the Guild Relations committee. I said as I closed my menu and layed back on my bed.

"I'm glad you know me like you do. You're actually looking for a new weapon to? May I suggest going to Sedenator's shop. He's a really good crafted who crafts my swords. You still wanna help and save others, huh? You still haven't changed a bit you loser. Haha. I stopped caring to be honest." he sighs while finishing up his burger. He placed his left arm across his chest and clenched his right shoulder with his left hand. He knew Shark wouldn't approve of that.

"Glad to hear your fine. I kinda wish I was stuck in meetings. Why would you wanna go to the Front Lines? It's too damn lame. Not only are there too many people in the way, but it also carries a huge strain on you when someone dies. I know that death will happen, but that's just not right. And then they blame you or something. Front lines are filled with idiots. Idiots I can't deal with. Come back to the guild? I'm glad you actually care about it that much, but we both know that guilds weren't meant for me. I'll think about it though. You definitely got to start recruiting like asap. Why do you need to talk to those losers? I wouldn't waste my breath on anyone who doesn't deserve it." he calmly said while standing up and looking out the window in Sharks room. He clenched his fist while looking angered. "Damn..."

I looked at Zauis after everything he had just said to me. Hmm... The thing is buddy, that I am used to all the strain and responsibilities that it comes with. You know me, I'm not one to lead from the back but one that leads from the front. If I am at the front lines, that is currently my best chance of saving people. It also gives me the best chance to try and recruit those who are not in a guild yet. I turned and looked out the window while lost in thought.

I looked back at Zauis who seems mad and frustrated with those in the front lines. If that is how he feels, no matter how much I don't like it, I am going to have to accept it so he doesn't go off and do something stupid. The thing is, everyone deserves another chance. If you don't give people another chance, how are they going to know that you care about them? I want people to know how much I care so they stay sane and dont kill themselves. I looked back at Zauis with a straight and serious face. I then got up and made myself another plate of food.

Zauis shrugged, listening to Sharks words was rather irritating seeing that he cared more about others than himself. Which just didn't sit right with him. Zauis began pacing back and forth in Sharks room. "You may be use to all the bullshit from the front lines and want to save everyone during boss battles, but you should stop playing the damn hero! Is it worth it to die for a bunch of random fools who jump in boss battles with way too low of health? You call that bravery? I call it stupidity. No matter how much you try....you will never be able to keep going in this game like you do. Hero, huh? It's a fools game." he angrily spoke to Shark which he did not normally do since they were on good terms. This conversation meant more than Shark could probably imagine. Zauis felt indifferent of things now..

Zauis slammed the palm of his left hand against the wall with his head looking down and his dark blue hair hanging, you could see the aggressive look on his face. One that many people haven't seen in a long time. Probably since he ever joined the game. "No one deserves more than one chance. Ya know what? Maybe I don't care about them. I don't give a damn about the people. I'm too busy trying to survive and increase my level before challenging crazy boss battles. No matter how brave or smart you are, you still need to be a high level. That goes for everyone."

I looked back out the window to think about what Zauis just told him. Oh... I completely agree with you. It is sheer stupidity to charge in a boss battle head first. It takes careful planning and strategy before executing a raid. I looked back at Zauis who had his head hanging down while leaning against the wall.

The ones who are battling with stupidity over knowledge are the ones who need the most saving. I said as I looked at Zauis dead in the face. I too am trying to survive as well as get stronger, but the thing is that if you have enemies then it makes everything 10 times harder. I don't like to have enemies so I help everyone and thus it also makes me stronger. Sure they only deserve one chance but if someone has a stupid way of thinking then they may end up going orange and killing players, but if they were able to change their way of thinking then everyone will benefit. I said as I continued eating my food.

Still having his hand on the wall he listened to his best friend, Shark, speak the words of wisdom as he always did. "You may agree on that point, but you'd still save those people. That's the ultimate difference between you and I. That's what separates us from being in the same category. Hero and Villain? Nah. More like Hero and The Neutral. I'll only help others on certain occasions and sometimes I won't help. That's why they call me "The Mysterious Swordsman" You on the other hand, you try to protect everyone." he shrugged as he turned to Shark looking him in the eyes with his deep red eyes.

"What is it with you? Why do you even think like that? You'll always have enemies no matter who you are. Maybe even people you haven't even talk to before. People who you haven't even saw before. Yet there out to get you. You're helping people like that....just think about that when you battle. I don't trust many players here... I can honestly say I only trust about four people in this game. Not everyone is your friend." he angrily said to Shark while walking towards him and pushes him with his right hand. "So snap outta it. Playing the damn Hero isn't a good option."

I was a bit speechless after Zauis spoke at me. I fell back on my bad and tried to analyze what he was just saying... Suddenly it came to me.

It's not that EVERYONE is my friend... Truthfully, everyone is my friend til proven differently. One thing you should remember is the saying "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." I looked at Zauis and saw his eyes full of seriousness. I was praying that he would, some day, turn around and become more friendly.

Buddy, It's not that I always try to protect everyone, but when I am out in front trying to do that, I make myself stronger as well as increase my level and stats. I said, hoping to get through to him. I then proceeded to finish up the remainder of the food.

Zauis nodded at Shark as he spoke to him with the striking passion he always had. The conversation between the two had began to settle slightly. Maybe Zauis was finally understanding what Shark meant. Why he's been trying to get through to Zauis every since they meant.

"I get....I get it...I get it. We are totally different...but at the same time we aren't so different. The one thing I'll have to get use to is trusting people like you can. Saying their a friend until proven otherwise is very hard for me. I just will need to get use to something like that. I understand it all now...everything is clear to me now."

He excitedly spoke with a huge grin on his face while running his hand through his dark blue hair. He then gave his best friend Shark a thumbs up. "Whelp... It'll take me a while to get use to it, but I will. You can count on that pal! Heheh" he chuckled.

I was very happy that I finally got through to Zauis. I saw a grin from ear to ear on his face and figured that it would be a good way to end the night.

Well, It's time to rest up for the next day. I said as I crawled in bed and got comfortable. I reach for my light and switch it off. Bud, you are more than welcome to stay here for the night. We are going on an adventure tomorrow.

I rolled over and went to sleep for the night.

He chuckled and stretched his arms out as wide as they go. "Ahhhhh!!!" he yelled as he stretched and turned to Shark who was speaking. "Thanks man! Sweet! Yeah, let's rest good man. I can't wait till we take a nice adventure. Besides...I'm looking for some material so I can make this bad ass sword I've been thinking about. It'll be a hazard to a bosses life. Hahah"

He laughed as he watched Shark get into his bed trying to fall asleep. Zauis grabbed the sheet off of Shark and flopped on the couch before covering himself up. "Heheh." with his last chuckle he slowly drifted off to sleep. After sleeping a while he started to dream of his own death. He began panting and quickly woke up with an intense look on his face. "Damn..." he mumbled.

I was just able to faintly doze off and then I noticed Zauis yank my sheets off. Luckily I had extra sheets down on the floor. I grabbed those and fell fast asleep.

The next morning I woke up and noticed Zauis still sleeping. I got up, folded up my sheets and went outside for a walk... Wow... Today is going to be beautiful. What kind of material should I be collecting for my custom sword? I need to make a good one so I can protect others. I said as I continue to walk down to the cafe.

• 2 weeks later...

Zauis awoken from his slumber and let out a huge yawn while stretching his arms out. "Ahhhh!!! Woah...why do I feel so different? So feeling excited and unlike myself. I finally feel like I can make a few decisions for once. Hahahah!" he chuckled after talking aloud without knowing Shark wasn't in the room. He looked over to Sharks bed. "Awwh man. Where did he go!?! Is he having breakfast without me? Nooo!!"

Zauis whined as he quickly hopped up and equipped his new attire. He equipped his purple shirt with a small black jacket over it with gray pockets on the front which matched his black pants with gray lining and pockets along with his normal black boots. Then to top it off he had his brown cape on that had an attached hood. He dashed outta the door and caught up with Shark. "Haha hey pal. You thought you were gonna eat breakfast without me, huh? Your crazier than I thought hahah!!" he laughed while patting Shark on the back. His whole persona had changed. It was like he was a totally different person.

I was just halfway to the cafe when Zauis finally decided to wake up. As soon as he caught up to me, something felt different. It was from Zauis. He seemed really different.

Good to see you are still living. I was just gonna go down and get us a table. You seem different today... What changed you? I said as I was a bit concerned but yet, at the same time, I was happy. Maybe he will come back to the guild.

Now that you are so happy and energetic, what do you plan to do? I asked him in a curious and hinting voice as I continued walking to the cafe.

Zauis placed his hands into his pockets while a huge smile stayed upon his face as Shark questioned him. He chuckled slightly at Sharks comment about living and nodded. "So you was getting us a table at the cafe, huh? I'm glad cause I'm ready to eat!!! Hahaha. I'm not sure why I'm so different...it's like something just happened and I'm a totally different person. Maybe it's love? Maybe I'm finally maturing? Haha could be both."

He happily stated while looking up at the sky. He then placed his hand on Sharks shoulder and gave him a friendly look. "Don't worry. Haha I'm totally fine. It feels nice to be totally energetic and happy! It's refreshing." he excitedly stated while smiling afterwards. "What do I plan to do, huh?" he asked aloud.

His suddenly brung up his right hand and slammed it into his chest where his heart was. He had a confident look in his eyes and you could tell he meant business. "I plan to become the Co-Leader again. Nobody is fit for it more than me. Therefore I will NOT let my opportunity to be Co-Leader again pass up!!!" he happily shouted while his smile suddenly took over his face.