taking this quest

When Hinata was searching, she was approached by a hooded figure. His hood made his upper face impossible to see and it put Hinata on guard. She could tell that this person wasn’t from around here and she could think of no reason why he would be approaching her. She felt her nerves go on end and she got an elevated heart rate. Was he here to fight? She didn’t want to fight. He spoke simple words to her, “you look pretty strong. I’m looking to test my skills. If you beat me, you’ll be rewarded” or something along those lines. Hinata had to think long and hard about whether she wanted to go through with something like this. It was a huge detract from what she was trying to get done. She simply didn’t respond for a few minutes as she collected her thoughts. Before responding she took one last look around to see if any eggs were laying around.

6 eggs 

ID# 139887 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 10

Loot: 6

MOB: 7

Edited by Hinatao

Hinata bit the bullet and just said, “okay, I’ll follow you. But keep your distance. You don’t want to see what I can do to people like you that try to trick me. Know that my senses are heightened and I’ll be ready for you if you decided to spring on me.” She pouted a little and jumped back to give them some distance. “What’s your challenge again?”

“It’s a secret challenge. I won’t tell you until we get far away from all these people.” Hinata groaned she was almost certain that this was going to end up being a big clusterfuck. But maybe if she completed this challenge she could beat this guy up and get some gathering done in the process. Who knew how much money he had to offer if he lost, or if he had something else on him that might be worth some coin. It was tantalizing but she still took the time to look left and right for some eggs.

5 eggs

so 11 total

ID# 139888 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 9

Loot: 12

MOB: 4

Edited by Hinatao

She thought about how she would manage to hit him and spare him in the process. She had some equipment and tools at her disposal that would help in a fight but there was no telling if this would even be a fight. Maybe his challenge was just going to be who can do the most pushups or something silly like that. Hinata was half tempted to persistently ask about what the challenge was but she was quite certain that this man was not going to divulge any more information for the rest of their trip. She just had to hope that he would lead her some place that wasn’t dangerous. She didn’t want to have to deal with dangerous monsters AND a creepy guy at the same time. As they walked around the grassy area she looked for eggs at every turn. She wasn’t going to waste any more time.

5 eggs

so 16 total

ID# 139889 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 7

Loot: 4

MOB: 10

Edited by Hinatao

Hinata kept following this mysterious figure, keeping an eye on her surroundings at all times. It wasn’t the first time that she had been led around by a stranger and it wasn’t the last. She hoped that it would all be worth it in the end. It wasn’t like she was wasting time really. She was still looking for what she needed to be looking for so this was all just extra on top, in her humble opinion. She navigated through her inventory and looked into her col wallet. She saw that she didn’t have much which was good news. She didn’t want to be robbed or anything by some seedy characters. “Are we there yet,” she asked impatiently. “No, it’ll be a long trip,” was the response she got. “Best not to ask, we’ll be walking for quite some time.” Hinata let out a deep sigh. “Okay boss.” This was getting worse.

2 eggs so 18 total

ID# 139890 results:

Craft: 1

Loot: 9

MOB: 1

Edited by Hinatao

They walked back some weapon racks. Along the trail there were weapons, some locked up, others open and waiting for an interested hand. Maybe… Maybe she could reach one? Her vision began to fade, the light of her eyes pulsating as they began to lose consciousness. Was she really starting to fall asleep at a time like this? She clawed at the daylight with her willpower and flexed her arms to get the blood flowing. When things got boring she really lost most of her motivation to stay awake. She just wanted to curl up somewhere nice and quiet and pass out. But she was egged on by this mysterious challenge and she still had to find all she needed for her task. She forced her eyes open and peered out at the pasture and looked to see if she could find any more eggs. “Just a couple more batches of eggs, that’s all I need.”

6 eggs so 24 total

ID# 139891 results:

Battle: 1

Craft: 10

Loot: 12

MOB: 9

Edited by Hinatao

Hinata didn’t find anything that she really needed but she felt like she was going to find some soon. It was the only thing she had to do while she took her mind off of following this mysterious figure. There wasn’t much to do otherwise and she desperately needed to satisfy her brain’s desire to do something not so droll. She looked down at her biceps, feeling the sensation of blood move up and down her arm as her heart beat. She never thought about doing anything medical related and just thinking about blood pumping within her was enough to make her face turn sour for a few moments. She brough a hand to her shoulder and then in the crevice of her collarbone. At her current weight she felt like she could have done a little more to cut away at the extra fat that was there. Not focusing as much as she should have, she stumbled and looked around. Had she tripped on some eggs?

2 eggs so 26 total

ID# 139892 results:

Loot: 16

Edited by Hinatao

Hinata swooped down and gathered a little bit that she had just spotted. Hinata sighed at her thoughts about her appearance. It was very disappointing because she could really take on the form of almost anything she wanted to. She could be skinner, fatter, even a boy but she felt comfortable in her own skin. There wasn’t anything else she could do about changing her comfort appearance. Unless she needed to make a change for a task she usually would stay as she currently was. Hinata felt the grass brush up against her calves and wondered when the last time someone came through here with some animals or a lawnmower was. The grass around here was in some serious need of cutting is what she was getting at. Bugs buzzed around and annoyed her too. The longer she spent outdoors the more apparent all the annoying parts were. OH yeah, where were we? That’s right, looking for some more eggs that she could use to get a reward at the end of the day.

3 eggs so 29 total

ID# 139901 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 6

Loot: 1

Edited by Hinatao

Hinata spotted some eggs sitting there right on a tree branch. She stepped over and grabbed some of it and stuffed it in her basket. She was not going to give up her primary objective even if she was following this guy through the pasture with no idea what he was expecting of her. Hinata felt like she was five minutes away from just leaving the man and going off to do her own thing again. There was no reason for them to have travelled so far. She had a feeling that the man wasn’t all that he seemed and transformation wasn’t always so easy to detect especially in moments where one had to focus simply on survival. If this was part of her training, what would become of her if someone found out she had duped herself into some elaborate scheme? She scanned the horizon for some more eggs as she walked, a little more cautiously now.

5 eggs 34 total

ID# 139903 results:

Battle: 10

Loot: 13

MOB: 9

Edited by Hinatao

Hinata’s mouth opened, gaping to try and form words to describe just how disappointed she was in this whole trip. She had to sit down and take a break, arms reaching out to the side and patting the ground. “Hold on mr. mysterious. I need a breather. I might just go home too. I don’t have time to follow you all day for some unspecified challenge.” She closed her fist and swung it at the ground with a stone in hand. It collided with the grass as she sat down. She didn’t want to face the hooded figure and just debated whether she really wanted to sit around or not. She had found the last bit of eggs that she needed for a while so she really didn’t have any reason to waste time following this man. “Oh who am I kidding. I’ll keep following you. But I am getting impatient.”

5 eggs so 39 total

ID# 139904 results:

Battle: 8

Craft: 8

Loot: 10

Edited by Hinatao

Hinatao ran ahead of the NPC to see what his face looked like in the mean time. She was surprised to see kindness in her guide’s eyes. She had somehow pictured that he would be the aggressive type, having never met him before. She was elated, but she didn't get her hopes too high. What she was about to have to do for wasn't something simple flip a coin for some col.

She walked over to an empty seat on a bench to take another break and sat down and then looked Gemini in his eyes if he would meet her gaze. She started speaking with a small squeak then let out a cough and an ashamed smile. She tried again, "Thank you for guiding me all this way. I am asking for your permission to take a break. My legs hurt. There are some quests that require us to leave the first floor and well, I wanted to ask you to have mercy on me if this leads to a fight." She listened intently, hoping on hope that the NPC would give her a hint or something but nothing came. The NPC was speechless and kept moving. Hinatao rolled her eyes and cast her eyes around, hoping to find an egg.

2 eggs, so 41 total

ID# 139907 results:

Craft: 3

Edited by Hinatao

They walked a little further and the NPC spoke to her, and told her a little more and that they were getting close. Hinatao took in each word he said as if it were the word of god. He reminded her of her role as a player and what the meant along with warnings of how bad things could get outside the safe areas of the level. Hinatao had considered these, but having someone so important remind her of it made her shiver. In the end though, she was cut a deal. Permission to leave, so long as she gave up on her quest. She could take it up again later if she wished. It was a steal, in her opinion, because she was only in it for the surprise aspect anyway. Who cared about money? She wasn’t even planning on leaving the game any time soon. But before she could make a decision one way or another she looked around for some eggs.

2 eggs

so 43 total

ID# 139911 results:

Battle: 9

MOB: 5

Edited by Hinatao

Hinatao picked up the few eggs she found and then looked around for even more eggs. She still had quite a ways to go before getting all the eggs she needed to finish up the event. She thought about leaving seriously. If Gemini was giving her this warning then that meant that the challenge was going to happen soon. She had no idea what the challenge was yet, but it was garunteed to be dangerous. Because she was tied up with other stuff at the moment a decision was difficult. Getting permission to leave was just a first step to getting all the planning squared away.

“No deal!” she said excitedly even though her face remained calm due to the warnings she had been given. “Thank you but I want to do this challenge!”

She didn’t know what else to do other than stick around, unless he had some paper to give her for proof of the permission he had given.

3 eggs so 46 total

ID# 139912 results:

Craft: 5

Loot: 3

MOB: 1

Edited by Hinatao

Having quite literally nothing better to do with her time other than go out and do some missions, Hinatao marched along the trail and was soon turned on by a man she didn’t expect to be dangerous. Now she had to fight. She pulled out her blade and focused keenly on her opponent and what he planned on doing. She should have known that it would all come down to this. She had her armor on, her blade, she was ready for battle no matter how much she doubted how well she would do in a fight. She ran forwards and tried to attack the man, not knowing if things would work out for the better or for the worse. It was so surreal to be fighting as soon as she thought she was getting started with her day but that was that. Gathering such and such was always a dangerous business to be in. She used her immolation potion and hoped that her armor would be enough to protect her.

gemini hp still 40/40

ID# 139916 results:

Loot: 2

Edited by Hinatao

The enemy attacked her, but it was very clear that he was inexperienced or just too weak to stand up against Hinatao. There was something about the man that didn’t really look like a man at all. Was he just transformed into her own shape? That was cruel. She slashed with her blade, intent on damaging him as best as she could. She wanted to feel the hot blood that metaphorically oozed from his wound as it she noticed that he had been hurt by her attack, or rather he had hurt himself from her attack. She could almost taste victory when he released her and she gasped for breath, using her equipment to help leverage herself against the enemy. She probably would have died if it weren’t for the shielding it provided. And if he had really taken that much damage from her then he wouldn’t be lasting very long either.

Gemini HP: 40/40

ID# 139918 results:

Battle: 9

MOB: 2

Edited by Hinatao

Another success. The man’s weaponry just bounced off her armor like it was nothing. Hinatao laughed at him and egged him on. “Is that all you got? You attack me when I’m out gathering and you think you can win?” She shook her head. There was nothing for this man to gain and all for him to lose. She saw the desperation in his eyes, the fury and bloodlust spurring him forward. He swung again and again, each hit smashing into her armor only for her to slash back at his face until she could push him from her. He was disoriented, he tried to fight back but every time he hit her he seemed to take more and more damage. He couldn’t win even if Hinatao gave up. She felt a rush of excitement, like a garunteed win was in her future. She didn’t know what else to do but yell with a cheer of victory.

Gemini hits, thus hitting himself for 10 damage

Gemini 30/40 HP left

ID# 139919 results:

Loot: 16

MOB: 6

Edited by Hinatao

Hinatao danced out of the line of fire to recover her bearings just a little bit. She was getting hit and although it didn’t do anything to her it still struck her to the core and made her feel a little wobbly. A wicked side to side motion made her grin in absolute joy and soon she was back at it, slashing away with her blade like it was nobody’s business, racking her blade down his back and asking him to cry uncle. She listened to the sweet sound of him howl in agony. “Yell for me,” she shouted with some newfound confidence. “Shout for me so everyone can know that I can best you!” she shouted even louder but the enemy didn’t listen. He wasn’t smart enough to know what would save him from death and what would end in him being in a hospital bed. So Hinatao kept slicing deeper.

gemini hits reducing his HP by 10

20/40 hp now

ID# 139920 results:

Loot: 5

Edited by Hinatao

Hinatao shoved her blade back into the enemy when he failed to strike her. Apparently he had gotten too winded by attacking that he couldn’t even attack properly anymore. She didn’t think it was possible for someone so experienced looking to have such a bad handle on their own blade. She half expected him to just drop it on the ground and start crying about it. Hinatao would have pocketed the man’s own weapon if she could have but he was much larger than herself. Plus he seemed to have tucked all his valuables away and launched a kick at the Hinatao’s head. She countered with her own attack and her blade nearly cracked against his jaw and he wobbled around like an idiot. Just as Hinatao’s old mentors had promised if the younger could manage good footwork then she could win insurmountable battles. In practice, the training proved quite useful.

Gemini misses

20/40 hp

ID# 139922 results:

Craft: 6

Loot: 6

Edited by Hinatao

“so you still have some spunk in you,” Hinatao shouted when the man mustered up enough energy to strike her again. Except on doing so he just hurt himself again. It was like his hands were suffering some seriously debilitating damage for all the whining he did every time he landed an attack. He needed to run, but running was an option. There was nothing he could do but embrace death that had arrived at his door. Hinata continued to slash at him, but his own defenses were quite impressive. It was only by virtue of him hurting himself through attacking Hinatao that Hinatao was winning at all. If their situations were reversed, then maybe she would have been the one to run away. Still, she wasn’t going to back down. Her odds looked wonderful land she wasn’t going to give up a free win unless there was a good reason to.

Gemini hits… himself

10/40 HP left

ID# 139923 results:

Battle: 4

Loot: 3

Edited by Hinatao

Recovering from her own attack, Hinatao reared back with bared teeth and a look of incredible fury. He was formidable, but he was nowhere close to beating her because he was nearly starved. It was part of her advantage against him. He looked hungry for the kill. Her, she could walk away at any moment. Her life did not depend on winning on this fight. “That’s enough,” she told herself. She wanted to end things and she wanted to end them now. She charged at the enemy, slashing at him with such fury that she hoped it stabbed into his heart. In reality her attack was unlikely to do anything. Instead, she put her body in the way of his next sword swing to intercept it with her armor, thus injuring him in the process. “Take that for strategy,” she said smugly. She just had to have him hit her one more time and she could call it a day.

gemini hits himself and dies. rping this in the next post

ID# 139924 results:

Loot: 5

Edited by Hinatao

Hanabi roared with glee when she felt the man’s weapon shatter against her own armor and then the man fell to his feet defeated. It was like his wrists had shattered from his repeated attempts to bash her skull in and now he was at her feet, helpless and dying. She finished him off quickly and then accepted the win for what it was. Now she could go back to doing what she wanted to do… search for what she had come all this way to search for. Except it wasn’t going to be that easy. She was out of energy, tired, and she didn’t think she had it in her to search any more today. She tried anyway, taking a glance around to see if she could see anything worth picking up after all this tiresome work, but she didn’t see much worth getting. Just her luck. She found four eggs just sitting around where she was least expecting them. “Thank you,” she said before heading back home for the night. She’d resume her hunt tomorrow.

4 eggs ( because not full energy anymore )

total eggs: 50

ID# 139925 results:

Craft: 11

MOB: 3

In total, I am claiming:

50 event eggs

Disguise Skill

1 SP for thread completion

1 SP for the coronavirus event thread

400 col for thread completion