[E3/PP/F1] Comrade in Arms

Titan wouldn't necessarily say that he was getting the hang of things quite yet, especially with combat but nevertheless, the man allowed his spear to rest on the ridges of his shoulder blades and proudly took up much more space when he walked than he would normally was. Due to his upbringing, there was a saunter in his step while meandering through the town curiously ready to and willing to head back onto the quests he had been simply putting off for the sake of linear progression. 

That was until his eyes caught the gaze of a blinking green avatar, he hadn't met anyone else yet in this town and was honestly surprised as she was wearing somewhat basic armor and weapon which either meant she was new or pretending to be new. Titan read her screen name, Hinatao as a confused look washed it's way over the adventurer's face.

" Excuse me, miss. " He rose his hand, extended his arm to its full length for the sake of show as he closed the gap between himself and Hinatao. " Sorry, I haven't seen too many players down here in the Town of Beginnings recently. Have you just kind of started too? " It was more of an eagerness that lead him to ask than anything else, it would've explained why he had a hard time collecting so many materials for his first quest.

@Hinatao

EASTER EGG LOOT:

Spoiler

ID# 140218  | Craft: 5 & Loot: 11
Eggs Acquired: 3 | Total: 3

TITAN'S INVENTORY:

Spoiler

Titan (Level 1) 
HP: 20 / DAMAGE: 2
EN: 2 / MIT: 0
ACC: 1 / EVA: 0

Skills:

• 1-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 1)

Equipment:

• ( R ) 1H Assault Spear ( ACC / DMG )

Inventory:

• Empty

Edited by Titan

It would have been nice for this to have been the eggs that she sought, but it wasn’t. It was just a shiny little rock that while pretty had no value. She threw it aside and was shocked to see that what she was looking for was right at her feet. Eggs, and lots of them. She gathered it up into the appropriate container and stuffed it in her bag. This was plenty enough to consider this task complete but she would stick around for at least a little longer. She did notice someone near her that started speaking to her though. He asked if she had just kind of started at this thing. “Well, yes and no. I’ve been collecting this stuff for a while now… but yes I’ve only just recently within the last month or so gotten out and started doing things actively. What about you? You have any luck finding these event eggs?”

no equipment worn

level 13ish at the time

2 eggs

ID# 140297 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 2

Loot: 9

MOB: 6

Edited by Hinatao

Despite her being a little further ahead in levels, it seemed as though they were still incredibly the same when it came to where they were in progress. “ Ahh, I just started a week or two ago. Kinda was in a slump before then, honestly. Decided it was time to start caring more, fight for our own right to live. ” He wasn’t trying to get deep or share his life stories with the girl, but it was like a switch had been activated within him to finally try and do. He was finally returning to true form and it felt glorious to feel like himself once again. “ I’ve been collecting the eggs as they shopped up but, I don’t know what they’re for. ” He laughed; the noise bellowed a bit louder than Titan initially anticipated. “ I figure someone would fill me in later. ”

With his final words, he brought a hand to shake Hinatao’s for a proper introduction. “ I’m Titan. It’s nice to finally meet a new-ish adventurer. Got any tips? I just finished that damn mat gathering quest for Tyle. It took me hours to find enough weeds for that potion. ” In the corner of his eye, Titan spotted a cluster of easter eggs and quickly picked them up before turning back to the girl. It was all fair in conversation and eager eggs.

EASTER EGG LOOT: 

Spoiler

ID# 140218  | Craft: 9 & Loot: 15
Eggs Acquired: 5 | Total: 8

Edited by Titan

Today she was out and expecting to be on her own but not ten minutes after starting this task she was engaged in a conversation with a stranger. It was a decent turn of events as these kinds of things could be very boring if one didn’t have company. He spoke of his reason for being out here gathering and she sympathized with what he said. “I don’t really know what they’re used for either. I just saw someone gathering one day and I decided to join them. I’ve got a collection myself and I’m just waiting for the right time to go cash them in and see what they’re worth.” She took his handshake with her weak grip and said, “Nice to meet you, I’m Hinatao.” Then he told her about what he had been up to asked her for tips to which she said, “I haven’t done that stuff yet, but for tips? I dunno doing combat with help is always easier than doing it alone. It sounds like we’re both just as new as each other,” she ended with a laugh. “So what kind of stuff do you like to do?” Shen then cast her eyes around and found some eggs. Score!

3 eggs
5 total

ID# 140296 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 4

Loot: 10

MOB: 9

Edited by Hinatao

“ Oh. ” Honestly? Titan was a little bummed that the other girl had been doing the exact same thing that he was. He couldn’t help it, probably in the same way that she couldn’t either. These felt important, like they’d turn into something glorious as trade-ins and perhaps give them both a boost they hadn’t realized that they needed.

“ Well, here. I’m going to add you to my friend’s list. As soon as either of us figures out what and where we need to go for them. Let’s message the other. ” Titan brought up his system interface and sent over a friend request to the woman. Even if she forgot to, it'd be a resource for quests later on down the line. " Pleasure. " Titan noticed a limp wrist, a delicate handshake from the other which he almost expected it to be a ploy for now. He was certain that behind it all, she was powerful and mighty.

" I've been shying away from combat for now. Seems a bit daunting but might as well just jump in, huh. " Letting out a thick sigh, he felt comfort in their both being around the same level. " This is good. We can share tips with one another but what I like to do? I'm not sure still. I wasn't really living before now, stuck in a pretty thick haze. I'd probably like fishing in the game though. Pretty relaxing stuff. What about you? "

Another pile of eggs, another quick pick-up into his pocket for later. 

Spoiler

ID# 140346 | Craft: 11 & Loot: 13
Eggs Acquired: 6 | Total: 14

Edited by Titan

Hinatao looked around for some eggs while she talked. “Do you want to be friends? That would be nice. I don’t have many people that I can talk to really and trust that they won’t run off and tell bullies my secrets.” She would gladly accept this one as her friend. It wasn’t like she was going to be flooded with friendlies in this kind of place. “I don’t like to kill all that much,” she said in addition to her previous comments, “but it’s part of life in these parts so you have to get used to it. I’m sure you’ll become a ruthless fighter too in due time.” She thought of fishing while looking at the boy and said, “I’ve never fished before. I can’t imagine actually going out and catching those slimy things on my own. I like to just come out here and do the peaceful stuff really. Combat gives me an adrenaline rush but the risk is scary.” It was sad to admit but she had spent most of her time here holed up in a safe shelter and hoping that someone would finally beat this game. “So these eggs, how many are you trying to get?”

3 eggs so 8 total

ID# 140373 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 5

Loot: 2

MOB: 4

Edited by Hinatao

“ I’m sorry, bullies your what? ” He was a bit thrown off by her wording, not sure what exactly someone who seemed so young and literally a whole foot shorter than Titan was. Did she truly have bullies in this game or had she been traumatized from life? He hoped no one here had been rude, it was mostly meant to be collaborative if they wanted to get out of this damn game alive. " I get it. I don't mind killing animals, they're pixels and stuff. It'll come naturally in a few weeks, i'm sure. " He still felt his spear awkwardly in his hand, Titan hadn't felt too comfortable quite yet for combat.

" How do we go fishing? Is there a quest we need to do to unlock it or something? " He hadn't even realized that fishing was a thing, that showed how much Titan paid attention. " I'm kinda just collecting things until I can't anymore. I have a feeling it'll end soon with Easter holiday ending up. " Plucking the eggs that he saw near him and pocketing them as well.

" You're the first newish player that i've met, maybe we should go quest or go farm for some experience? What do ya think? " He hadn't fought with another yet, he was certain there was something he could learn in a party. 

Spoiler

ID# 140389 | Craft: 3 & Loot: 14
Eggs Acquired: 2 | Total: 16

Edited by Titan

“Yep bullies. Just some higher level people who don’t have anything better to do than come down to the first floors and antagonize us. Everyone knows they can’t really hurt us physically, but that doesn’t mean they can’t spread nasty rumors and be verbally abusive.” She tried to push those thoughts from her mind though. She didn’t want him to get caught up with any horrible people.

“Hmm fishing, not sure. I heard that you can summon boss monsters if you fish and get unlucky. That’s why I never tried it. I know for a fact that I wouldn’t survive that encounter. But yeah, I’d consider myself newish. If you want to take on a quest together, I’m all game. I’ve done the first couple beginner quests and I’m doing the third one soon. Do you know of any? I know there’s a nature’s treasure one where you just go around and collect materials. That’d be a fun one without any danger… I don’t know if there are repeatable combat ones. Oh, and I heard you can get a familiar and it's best to do those with friends. If you'd want to do that one let's have at it! It's called feeding your enemy.”

Edited by Hinatao

Titan couldn’t help but curse. He hadn’t realized that there were people out there who were in fact, bullying low levels and harassing them just because they could. Perhaps, he had just been too wrapped up in his own world to realize such injustices were happening. The tiny girl felt small, as if she wanted and needed assistance from these people. It also could mean that she had been training and manifesting herself to be a blazing queen in her own right, a mighty wielder of a dagger with dazzling onyx hair with every stab. They'd need to watch out because Hinatao could be the very person who took them all the way to the end. The world loved a good underdog story. " I'm so sorry, Hinatao. Please, message me if those jerks bother you again. I'm still fairly new and weak too but, people like that it's not worth paying them any mind. " The kicker was that Titan had been those bully on occasions, the world wasn't simply black and white. The grays exist in a story, everyone their own protagonist as they moved through life. 

" Huh, interesting. " He tapped his finger against his chin. " I've looked up a couple of the quests. I'm about to go finish the second introductory one soon. " He knew Cordelia had offered to help him find a familiar but, it'd probably be best to do it with someone a bit lower in level. " If you wanna collect a few more easter eggs here? We could always finish that up and then start looking for that gypsy woman. "

Spoiler

ID# 140574 | Craft: 11 & Loot: 1
Eggs Acquired: 0 | Total: 16

Edited by Titan

She listened to what the man had to say, polite as always with eye contact and a slight smile. “I’ve learned to ignore them for the most part, but there’s only so much you can do. And I know where the gypsy is, she’s right around here somewhere actually…

“Did someone say Gypsy?” asked a mysterious voice that seemed to appear out of nowhere. A woman rose from the sadows and walked towards them. “I have a quest for you if you seek famliars. Take this food, and tame them to your heart’s content. But mind, only one of you can get one, it will be the one who accepts my quest.” She stood there looking mysterious and Hinatao looked at Titan. “Go for it, I’d be fine letting you accept the quest then we can go get a move on and find mine later.” She didn’t do much of anything anyway so finding a familiar was no big rush for her.  In the mean time, she looked around and tried to find some eggs.

6 eggs 1 t1 mat

14 total, 1 t1 mat

ID# 140695 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 12

Loot: 16

MOB: 8

Edited by Hinatao

“ Wait, you knew where the gypsy had been this whole time and you decided you didn’t want to do the quest? ” This girl sure was interesting. Titan winced slightly as he looked her over once again, curious if she was everything that she said that she was.

Titan gripped onto his one-handed assault spear, posturing himself and moving slightly to meet the mysterious voice that seemed to simply turn the corner of the forest corridor. “ I’m sorry, who are you? ” He was suspicious, the timing was too eerie for it to be accurate.

“ Honestly, I actually still have a few more things to do. I think, if you’ll be around, we’ll come and find you later, alright? ” He needed some distance still, time to process and think. She did seem like an NPC, she hadn’t had a cursor over her head.

“ Very well, I will see you as soon as you decide it’s time to tackle the challenge. ” Like the smoke, the gypsy simply took a few steps behind a tree and disappeared once again.

“ Sorry, kinda weird, don’t you think? Like she was waiting for us. ” Titan wanted to keep figuring out what to do with the familiars, but for now he eagerly looked for eggs as they continued.

“ Do you even know what kind of familiar you want? That in itself feels like it’d take some time to figure out. ” After discussing with Cordelia, he knew he needed to first talk with a tank to help figure out what he even should focus on in terms of stats.

Spoiler

ID# 140762 | Craft: 9 & Loot: 20
Eggs Acquired: 5 | Total: 21

Edited by Titan

“Yep, she just sort of shows up if you talk about her and haven’t taken the quest. I don’t get it either. It makes me think that it’s that recommended and that it’s better if you end up getting it out of the way. I don’t think it’s a dangerous one, just a time consuming one.” Titan could ask all the questions he wanted but he was talking to an NPC so the answers he would get were pretty limited.

“Yeah, maybe we could meet up some other time and knock it out together. I hear familiars do stuff like make you more accurate or help with crafting or looting. There’s really a lot of versatility that I’ve heard of. So it makes sense to get one as soon as possible.”

“Yeah she is kind of weird,” she said with a laugh. “I don’t know yet, I was planning on asking the more experienced people about what they think first. What about you? And what do you say about this weekend for starting the quest? It can’t take that long.” She looked around and grabbed up a few eggs that were lying around. She didn’t want to forget about those!

3 eggs

17 total 1 t1 mat

ID# 140763 results:

Battle: 1

Loot: 9

MOB: 9

Edited by Hinatao

“ What peculiar coding. ” An off-handed comment as he nodded though at the other’s words, his mind still wasn’t even certain on the stats and what they did exactly. It had been all so overwhelming.

“ Yeah, we added each other on our friends list. It should be pretty easy to do, in my opinion. ” Titan wanted to have just a little more time with his information. Not that a misstep could kill but, there had been so much already figured out for a majority of them, why not just use what they had in front of them to help bolster and finetune the newbies even quicker.

“ Sure, this weekend sounds perfect. We can go around and pick up a bit more eggs. I wanted the time so maybe I can ask a couple of higher levels too. ” Eyes on the prize, Titan picked up another cluster of eggs. It seemed like Hinatao was truly a good luck charm. 

Spoiler

ID# 140762 | Craft: 12 & Loot: 13
Eggs Acquired: 6 | Total: 27

Edited by Titan

It sounded like a pretty good plan to her. She would continue doing what she’d been doing and then when the weekend came she could go off another adventure. The conversation seemed to have died down and the excitement that she had was reducing slowly. Maybe the only thing left for her to do was just wander around for a little bit and then call it a day? Don’t be antisocial, she told herself. She had to at least try to keep the conversation going for now.

“Do you know what kind of animal you would want as a familiar? I’m partial to a fox, but a bird might be just as good with me. Not that I think the animal the familiar is really matters, but you gotta care about aesthetics right? I don’t want to be walking around with like a hippo or a giraffe of all silly things.” She gave a little laugh and looked around to see if she could find anything.

5 eggs

1 t1 mat, 22 eggs

ID# 141141 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 7

Loot: 11

MOB: 5

Edited by Hinatao

“ I was thinking an eagle, honestly or some type of bird.  I’m partial to those but I did hear there’s a rule they need to be fairly small and compact. ” Could he simply have a small eagle? He would need to circle back to the gypsy to ask when the time came. “ Maybe a quokka from Western Australia, they’re the marsupials went pretty viral for their smiling a few years ago. ” He was certain when the time came, everything would fall directly into place where it needed to go.

“ Are you guildless? That’s the other thing I was thinking about too. Might be worth to try and find a guild? There’s a ton of helpful people that I’ve come across but a guild would really help with kinship and not feeling like we’re grinding up to the frontlines with a handful of help. ” Maybe he would make a guild, who knew? Titan was focused on staying alive and for now? It meant getting a familiar and finishing his profession.

Luckily, there was another set of eggs. Titan picked them up with a smirk, he was starting to get way more than he even thought he could handle at this point. Hopefully his mass hoarding would do him some good.

EGG & MATERIAL LOOT

Spoiler

ID# 141378 | Craft: 9 & Loot: 13
Eggs Acquired: 5 | Total: 31

Material Acquired: 0 | Total: 0

Edited by Titan

“Ohh and eagle, that would be fun,” she said with a laugh. What a majestic creature. She was thinking of much simpler birds if she was going to get one. It wasn’t like she needed it to pick her up and fly her away or anything. Then he talked about some animals that she had never heard before. She could just shrug at those and look a little bewildered.

“I just joined ATP which is a crafting guild. I don’t know what other bonuses they can give but at least they help with crafts. Extra experience is always nice. It’s kind of the same as familiars. You got to know what you want to do in this game to pick the right one, or be good enough already for them to want to recruit you. It all comes back to picking something and committing I guess,” she said with a sigh. She looked around and noticed that she almost walked past some eggs. She scooped em up at the last second.

3 eggs

25 eggs, 1 t1 mat

ID# 141481 results:

Battle: 5

Loot: 12

MOB: 4

Edited by Hinatao

“ Yeah, I agree. But, there’s so many dang animals in the world. Who knows which one would be the right one. ” Titan hadn’t necessarily thought it to be a difficult decision on species, moreso wanting to ensure that he wouldn’t mess up the build he was trying to have as a tank. There was so much to consider, always with this damn game. “ If you want, we really can do yours next. I don’t mind.  I know we said we’d do mine first but, you seem more familiar with the process. ” It would make him feel better and also to watch how it all worked, seemed like a win-win in Titan’s eyes.

“ ATP? Crafting guild, interesting. ” For now, Titan was a solo player but he wasn’t opposed to joining a guild one day, if it lined up with who he was as a person. The man spotted some material and eggs as well, opening his inventory and placing it inside. Slowly but surely, he’d collect enough to climb his professions too. “ Are you a DPS or Healer? I was told the frontline need tanks and healers but DPS is always important too, in my opinion. ”

EGG & MATERIAL LOOT:

Spoiler

ID# 141530 | Craft: 10 & Loot: 15
Eggs Acquired: 6 | Total: 37

Material Acquired: 1 | Total: 1

Edited by Titan

“That sounds like a fun idea,” she said, “I just hope it isn’t too tedious. That would really suck if we had to spend multiple days looking for one. She looked around for more eggs even though she was pretty sure she didn’t need any more eggs than the ones she had already. She looked around but didn’t see any this time. That was all fine by her though. She did a mental count and thought that she had several hundred by now. It put a smile on her face knowing that her hard work would be rewarded… somehow. She then let out a sigh and stretched her arms. “It’s getting late. I’ll probably head back home soon. Maybe in ten more minutes. But yeah, I haven’t picked what I am really. I don’t see how you could be a healer with no magic or anything. So I guess right now I’m just DPS. I’m not a tank that’s for sure. I wouldn’t mind being a healer except for the fact that I would need people to come save my butt.”

ID# 141709 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 10

Loot: 1

MOB: 2

Edited by Hinatao

“ I mean, it would but also, sometimes that’s just the nature of the game? I think if the front liners had no issues in getting their equipment and familiars, we should be similar in what we’re searching for and seeking out. ” They made it out alive, if they could do it without any idea of what was beyond the quest, so could the newbies looking to climb.

His eyes quickly looked for the Easter Eggs, pocketing some if he found any. “ Alright, no worries. It was nice meeting you, Hinatao. We're friends so i'm only a message away if you need anything from me, alright? ” He made sure the other knew, despite the girl being a bit higher leveled than he currently was.  His eyes spotting a piece of weeds used for crafting and collecting that as well and putting it into his inventory. 

" DPS is just as important. If we don't have someone doing the damage, how can we do anything. I'm excited to continue to climb with you. Hope to see you on the front lines, Hinatao. I'll see you on Saturday. " He offered a kind smile, giving the girl the space it seemed she needed as they continued to walk and talk. 

EGG & MATERIAL LOOT

Spoiler

ID# 141968 | Craft: 10 & Loot: 19
Eggs Acquired: 6 | Total: 43

Material Acquired: 1 | Total: 2

Edited by Titan

This was indeed the nature of the world she lived in. The elite were always capable of getting what they needed because they had the means to do so, in addition to all the money required. “It was nice meeting you too. I’ll make sure to contact you this weekend for our quest!” She smiled at him genuinely and hoped that this one didn’t turn out to be a backstabber like a lot of people seemed to turn out to be when things got rough. She watched as he left her and went on his way. He had shown her that not everyone here was terrible and that she could also be of use by teaming up with people like him. That was just the psyche boost that she needed to remember that people still had human decency. Well, she’d gotten everything she needed so she just went on to her next destination…

Claiming:

2 SP for both of us

Titan: 43 eggs, 2 t1 mats

Hinatao: 25 eggs, 1 t1 mat