[F02][E3][SP] «Long Live The Queen»

“I wonder how much longer I’ll be out gathering,” she asked the skies as she looked around and picked up some eggs and materials. she walked along, ignoring the others around her now. She had no aim in mind but to go get this day over with. She wished that the sun would just cross the horizon so she could justify going home, but she had to stay and keep on going. Everything she found added to her wallet and before long she would be practically made of money. The girl definitely had spirit, and a sense of humor. When one spent all their time gathering they developed a certain instinct. This instinct is required to find the good stuff. She wouldn’t go as far as to call it guesswork, but she had won half the battle by learning where things were more likely to pop up over the time she spent gathering. While she didn’t have anything that officially helped her, it was more of a feeling she had in her gut.

1 material, 5 eggs

33 eggs 7 mats

ID# 140956 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 8

Loot: 15

MOB: 5

Edited by Hinatao

She got a couple more eggs and materials as she walked not paying that much attention to searching and gathering but she still gave the minimum required to keep an eye out. She was too busy thinking again, because how else was she supposed to burn all this time? She was still a hand full of hours short of being able to go home and that was a sobering fact. She had to understand something so vital about what it is to be a true gatherer. It wasn’t something you discovered in a classroom but rather on your own. Not that she would ever tell a someone that, in some cases, there was little proof to back up her theories that she used when describing how she got to being such a decent gatherer. Her hands stretched out in front of her, bending at each joint so that she could relieve some of the stress that had built up as she gathered.

1 mat, 3 eggs

36 e 8 m

ID# 140957 results:

Battle: 3

Craft: 5

Loot: 18

MOB: 10

Edited by Hinatao

Her lack of attention was showing. She failed to find anything worth gathering in this area so she walked along to the next one. She then let out a cry of astonishment. “Oh hello there, what’s your name little fox?” she asked. See, a fox had just jumped out at her with pink fur that she had never seen before. Was it a friend or foe? She readied her blade and was ready to fight to the death, like every fight in the wild seemed to be but the fox just observed her. Was it even an enemy? “Oh, are you a familiar?” she was really confused as to why this fox was here. It wasn’t every day that an animal just approached you and didn’t want to kill her. She was wary of the fox’s intentions. This was especially so because she had a feeling that it was pretty powerful.

nothing

ID# 140958 results:

Craft: 4

Loot: 5

MOB: 2

Edited by Hinatao

As the afternoon began the first thing that happened was a fox had crossed her path. The fox didn’t seem to want anything though and it darted off. She didn’t think that the fox really belonged in this area but who was she to judge? They weren’t necessarily dangerous animals. She would love to have had a fox familiar but that was going to come another day, if she even went with a fox. She thought a bird might be just as good. Anyway, she was just walking around now. She was on a job that she’d signed up for to go and walk around for the rest of the day and look for anything interesting. For the most part, nothing here was interesting. Every once in a while, like just now, she would pick something up that looked somewhat useful and put it in her pockets but that was about it.

1 mat, 2 eggs

38 eggs 9 mats

ID# 140959 results:

Battle: 9

Craft: 3

Loot: 13+3

MOB: 8

Edited by Hinatao

Not too long after seeing the fox, she heard some people talking about a thief. She guessed she could go see what the hubbub was. She stopped by and picked up a bunch of eggs that had probably fallen out of a wagon or cat and stored them away. Maybe she would keep them, maybe she would find someone who she could give these back to, she had no idea. She was more interested in the conversations about the thief. Who would come here to steal, was that even possible with all the rules and such? She listened more closely and it sounded like there were a group of people who had left their stuff out in the open while they just went around their business. They really should have blamed themselves for leaving their goods unattended and out in the open. She certainly would not have made that mistake because she simply did not care about the wellbeing of whoever had gotten hurt.

6 eggs

44 eggs 9 mats

ID# 140960 results:

Craft: 12

Loot: 9

MOB: 6

Edited by Hinatao

She would have been standing guard over her stall and directing the thief to the stalls that she competed with. Hanabi gave a laugh that was out of place with the chaos that was unfolding in the area. Could anyone blame her? Laughing at the mistakes of others was a particularly satisfying especially when she had spent most of her recent days searching around for useless herbs and junk that might be useful but their usefulness was never garunteed. She only laid off when she started getting nasty looks. It wasn’t appropriate for her to be laughing in this situation and the young girl knew it. She silenced her mouth and she should have kept moving and gotten out of there before the inevitable happened. But her natural curiosity took over and she wanted to see what would happen if she pushed boundaries. It wasn’t like these people were going to hurt her or something.

nothing

ID# 140961 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 8

Loot: 3

MOB: 4

Edited by Hinatao

She had spent much too much time standing around laughing while the merchants frantically tried to pinpoint the thief. Of course, she would be the first to be suspected. A little girl that looked so out of place that she could have been a blotch of paint on a blank sheet of paper. It was discrimination at its finest and Hanabi had been told to be ready for this kind of treatment  from a really young age. Something to do with being better off was why she had been taught this, but now it was just because she stood out. This would be the first time she ever been accused of stealing something to her face though. She was all fine with people complaining behind her back because then it wasn’t her problem; out of sight out of mind. Being confronted like this was a little different. Actually, it was very different.

nothing

ID# 140962 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 9

Loot: 3

Edited by Hinatao

She was a competent fighter, but she was not a great manipulator either in these conditions. Her fight or flight instincts told her to just stay put and take the verbal beating she was getting from every angle, demanding to know where she had put the stolen goods. She likely would have fared better versus a pack of lions. She simply stood there in silence as even guards were called to the scene. “Oh no, this could get bad quick,” Hanabi thought for only a few seconds before she realized that she was actually not the thief. How could she be convicted of a crime she didn’t even commit? She wasn’t too worried though because she had nothing to hide. She was the one looking around anyway, it was like telling the police that the police had stolen something. It wasn’t going to end well for anyone. She wondered how bad things could get as she swooped up something useful from the ground that she spotted along with a couple more eggs.

1 mat, 2 eggs

46 eggs 10 mats

ID# 140963 results:

Battle: 1

Craft: 1

Edited by Hinatao

She didn’t want to get involved anymore, even if she did know it was her duty to stand up for herself, especially given the circumstances. She slipped behind a tree and took a seat for a few moments, but there was nothing for her back here. She stepped back out and said, “Search me then,” though she knew she was not tall enough to call even the average person puny she wanted to act like she was a big shot. It wasn’t going to fit her personality very well. “It wasn’t my fault you were leaving your goods unattended for anyone to take. Laughter does not mean that I was the one to take them.” “So who took them then,” asked the men, “you imply that you witnessed the crime at the very least. Out with everything you know before we lose our patience.” “I didn’t see anything,” she said staunchly.

nothing

ID# 140964 results:

Craft: 6

Loot: 2

Edited by Hinatao

It was hard to find anything, even peace and quiet when everyone seemed to have it out for you. The men kept berating her and it didn’t help her self esteem at all. The words stung and she did not think she was going to be in this situation. Did she really want to divulge anything when she knew she was innocent? Not for free certainly. It wasn’t like she even knew anything really. Unlike the last time she hadn’t actually witnessed anything. She wasn’t so proud not to do anything for someone else’s benefit for free… If they were nice she would easily cooperate. Even thinking of the words sickened her to no end. Free and charity, concepts only relatable to by good people like her. Those who worked to get what they wanted never asked or needed handouts, or so she was told. A rough push by one of the men was enough to bring her out of her inner monologue.

nothing

ID# 140965 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 2

Loot: 1

MOB: 9

Edited by Hinatao

The conflict had pretty much resolved itself before long and she hardly had to do anything. With all that out of the way all she had to do was kick back and take things easy. She walked by a tea stand and couldn’t help but wonder who would set up a tea stand right here, on the edge of the wilderness like this. The lady manning it poured the tea out into two mugs. A dash of milk was added to her own, and the other pushed along the table for her to add to as she liked. She spoke regardless of any response, “Would you like some tea? Free of charge, but you have to sit and chat for a while.” Who was she to say no? She shrugged, noting and collecting a couple eggs underneath the stand with one fluid motion. She smiled and took a seat across from the lady and wondered what she was in for.

2 eggs

47 eggs 10 mats

ID# 140966 results:

Craft: 1

Loot: 6

Edited by Hinatao

The ladies took a sip of their drinks. Hinatao took the opportunity to look at the six eggs that spawned on the desk and she grabbed them. She suspected that maybe she was trying to get some information out of her, but it was a point that she would continue to wonder about as they sat there together. It was easy to fall under the delusion that one was comfortable with their current situation and that they could know everything… when she found that out on her own, with every new thing she learned, she actually knew very little and assumed so. “I’ve got a proposition for you,” she said, “on top of whatever you’re making right now, I’ll fund you a few extra thousand if you go get materials for me instead. Additional funds will be transferred to your coffers for you to request, if required. My colleague there will see to your needs. I see you gathering so very much and I think we could be a partnership and not have to worry about the middleman taking your cash.”

6 eggs

53 eggs 10 mats

ID# 140967 results:

Craft: 11

Loot: 4 + 3 (trinket)

Edited by Hinatao

“That sounds tempting,” she responded, wondering if there was a catch. There usually was with things that seemed too good to be true. Her gaze flickered over to the other woman once more, considering her options. “If you would be willing, I can offer you more money and safe passage to dangerous areas. It's only a short journey to other places and such.” During the conversation, Hinatao spotted three eggs next to a tree. She went over, got them, then returned to the seat. On the whole, she approved of the idea but she didn’t know who this woman was working for. It was concerning to want to send someone so young to a dangerous area so she had her doubts. Maybe she wanted to send her to danger and just loot her person when she failed? It was a real concern of hers given the circumstances. And again, who set up tea out here to talk about this kind of stuff? It was so suspicious that she just wanted to get up and leave. 

3 eggs

56 eggs 10 mats

ID# 140968 results:

Loot: 10

MOB: 7

Edited by Hinatao

The woman seemed to be giving her some time to think it over. She was torn between her duty to her financial success and what she felt was right. She never wanted to refuse someone’s request and the chance for success, especially when he had proven to her that this was not a fleeting, impulsive decision to do this. She was dedicated, that anyone could see. As she waited for her response, she considered who she might want to take with her to this so called dangerous area for protection and such. It could not be someone who would seek to claim her stuff if she failed, but it had to be someone with a strong enough will to keep in line if necessary. In the end she shook her head, “I’m sorry, but I think I’ll be just fine on my own.” She got up, started searching again, got a material and six eggs, and that was all she needed to know she had made the right decision.

1 mat, 6 eggs

11 mats 62 eggs

ID# 140969 results:

Craft: 10

Edited by Hinatao

The person she was speaking with didn’t seem to want her to leave though. She was followed and the person tried to talk about familiars and such. It wasn’t something she wanted to do right now, though she knew that getting a familiar was on her list of priorities. There was only so much one could do on their own and she knew that she would need help somehow or another. She was asked why she didn’t want to take on the offer from before and all she could say in response was, "I suppose I was taught, though not in the traditional sense and I learned that the best way to learn something was to get really involved in it on your own and figure it out for yourself. So I learned that to be good enough to do stuff myself I have to trust my instincts. That means doing things on my own from time to time." She hoped that would be the end of their conversation. She was still busy looking around and found a material and some eggs while trying to walk briskly from the woman.

1 mat 3 eggs

12 mats 65 eggs

ID# 140970 results:

Loot: 18

Edited by Hinatao

Hinatao wanted to just go on and go home at this point. She thought of going to look for a friend of hers that was supposed to be out gathering in this area too. But when she looked she only found three eggs instead of her friend. “Oh, he’s not here yet,” she assumed because she couldn’t hear any noise from any players. That or he was just a very silent person with a lot of hide skill. She was going to go and come back after dinner but she heard someone approaching. It was none other than the her friend himself, busied over some paper that he had in his hands. He absent mindedly slashed away at some mobs and kept reading his paper. He held it up and asked, “how tall do you think these cliffs are?”“The cliffs?” she knew what he was talking about but she had to think for a moment

3 eggs

68 eggs 12 mats

ID# 140971 results:

Craft: 6

Loot: 8

MOB: 6

Edited by Hinatao

“Oh, hold on, I see some eggs,” she said as she looked to her side and saw three eggs. She ran over, basketed them, then returned to her friend. She reexamined the photo and said, “several hundred meters at the very least. It’s quite the drop off. If I had to make a guess, I’d say a thousand meters,” though she had a feeling that he already knew that. It wasn’t an easy answer to give when there were different sections of the cliffs with varying levels of scalability and danger. Maybe they were like minded and worried about the cliffs  that they were likely to encounter in a future floor.

The boy sighed and said, “anyways, I’ve come to ask you for advice and potentially for training. I’ve taken up studies in the sword arts and what I’ve learned is that the best way to learn is from a master of those arts themselves.

3 eggs

71 eggs 12 mats

ID# 140972 results:

Loot: 3 +3 

Edited by Hinatao

Hinatao considered her friend. If she was mean she would have asked for payment or maybe help in a quest but she knew that the knowledge he sought was easy to give. “It’s no different than putting it into your gathering skill. Either go redistribute your SP or just go gather enough that you get some more SP. Then level up a weapon skill. Those unlock sword arts.” There is little in the ways of common knowledge so she was hoping she could impart some of her knowledge to him. He was a gatherer through and through so compared to Hinatao he was inexperienced which was a surprise. He scratched his head and went through his menus, “oh I think I see the redistribute option. What weapon do you recommend?” “That’s where my helpfulness ends,” she said with a sigh, “I picked dagger but there’s a lot of options so I got no clue.”

6 eggs

77 eggs 12 mats

ID# 140973 results:

Craft: 12

Loot: 5 + 3

MOB: 1

Edited by Hinatao

Her friend shrugged and left to go find someone more experienced who could explain these things to him. That left her all alone again. Just searching. More and more searching. It was like the great search for materials never ended. Ever. Unlike some others, she absolutely hated it sometimes. It felt beneath her. She was already this high of a level, rank, what have you and she was still doing this kind of menial work? It paid well, sure, but that wasn’t the reason she got into this lifestyle. There had to be some excitement associated with your work or you would just hate your life. That’s how she felt as she walked the beaten trail and kept her eye out for anything suspicious. She needed quite a lot of things to buy so it wasn’t an entirely massive waste of time. It didn’t make her feel like this was any less of a headache though.

nothing

ID# 140974 results:

Loot: 2

Edited by Hinatao

Less than half an hour of walking and she didn’t have much to show for it. She wondered if someone else was going to show up. She liked to gather with others a lot more than she did by herself. She had read something about lots of people hanging out in this area and she hoped she would find someone friendly worth chatting with. There was always the danger that she would end up going head to head against someone that might be considered an enemy, but that wasn’t the top of her worries right now. She had the means to tell if they were dangerous from a distance and she was pretty confident in her abilities. So if something or someone did pop out of nowhere, she was confident that she would be prepared. She actually welcomed it because then something would actually come of it. Either she would get some rewards or more battle experience. But the hour went and nobody bugged her. She did find a material and six eggs though. That was nice!

1 mat 6 eggs

83 eggs, 13 t1 mats

ID# 140975 results:

Craft: 10

Loot: 13 + 3

Claiming the following rewards:

Completed this quest: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/3606-f02-«long-live-the-queen»/

83 eggs

13 t1 mats

2 SP (2 pages)

1 SP (coronavirus event)

3 SP (quest reward)

800 col 2 page thread done

<<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle. (Awarded to each player; this is treated functionally identical to an uncommon damage potion)

Edited by Hinatao