[F02][SP][E3] The Venomous Warg

Taking this quest

Gear and stats in spoiler

Spoiler

Damage: 4 (1 base, 3 from skills, 2 bleed, 1 paralyze from weapon)

Evasion: 3 (my armor)

Accuracy: 3 (trinket)

Mitigation : 5 (light armor skill)

Current Level: 15, 300 health, 30 energy

Battle ready items: 

3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Name: Toxic Venom Salve
Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: None yet
Roll ID: 140766
Roll Result: 12 (perfect)
Item Type: Salve
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect 
Enhancements: Toxic Venom: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal (8 * Tier) unmitigatable poison damage on each enemy turn for 3 turns. Effect lasts for one thread. Poison damage does not stack, but can be refreshed.
Description: A flash with green liquid inside. It has a large corked opening so that it can be quickly poured out onto a weapon. 
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19203-f1e3sp/?tab=comments#comment-602287
from here: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19208-hinatao-evals/?tab=comments#comment-602388

Name: Bloodletter
Profession: Blacksmith
Roll ID: 139868
Roll Result: 11+1
Item Type: Dagger
Enhancements: 2 Bleed, 1 Paralyze
Post Link: Here
Description:
A small red toned dagger that its color looks as though it has been dipped in blood that has sense solidified. Light and effective the blades edge is serrated and is sure to leave a nasty wound in its wake.
Name: Ebonweave Garb
Profession: Tailor
Roll ID: 138134
Item Type: Light Armor
Enhancements: Evasion 3
Description:
A black almost velvet appearing garb that adorns the chest and legs without restricting movement, when in direct sunlight a grayed staircase pattern becomes visible. Breathes well and doesn't trap heat, simple and functional
Name: Obsidian Feline - Grace
Profession: Artisan
Roll ID: 137732
Item Type: Trinket
Enhancements: Accuracy 3
Description:
A strange black and almost glassy gloss material taking the shape of a cat with orange gemstone eyes, in its paws a ball of yarn. Adorable and distracting from possibly life threatening situations, being a source of focus to sharpen ones senses and remain calm when the world is overwhelming..

“Hey there, friend,” she heard as she walked along. She didn’t know anything about this voice that spoke to her nor did she really trust it. Still, she humored it by turning and asking, “what do you want?” She saw someone shady looking standing on the side of the trail. “Come closer” he said but she just shook her head and said, “how about you just tell me. I’m not going any closer.” The person sighed and pointed down a dirt path that broke from the trail, “there’s some good loot over there. You just have to go defeat a couple nasties and then you’ll get all of it. Simple as that.” She didn’t think that anything was ever going to be that simple but she didn’t think the person was lying at face value. Well, whatever it was it wasn’t going to distract her from looking around and trying to gather materials and eggs so as to not waste time.

6 eggs

ID# 141188 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 12

Loot: 8

MOB: 9

Edited by Hinatao

Had Hinatao not spent several quests worth of time collecting this specific event egg she might have been more excited to answer the man’s question. She walked up to him and grabbed a bunch of eggs at his feet. She knew exactly what where the eggs could be located and how they could be found, right down to how large they were and how quickly it could respawn if you left and came back. She dreaded it as it was such a time consumption for her to go track it down. But she would try to be polite. “And going off the trail is usually dangerous. I heard of people that sent others on a quest to gather materials and they ended up dead so getting them might be dangerous, assuming you’re a collector or just after some quick cash. I hope you’re not trying to do something nefarious like most people.”

5 eggs, 11 total

Spoiler

ID# 141190 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 9

Loot: 13

MOB: 3

Edited by Hinatao

She gave a half smile while staring at his eyes. The man shrugged and she had to decide whether or not to accept this quest. She did. “Well where do I take on this quest?” she asked. “There’s an NPC merchant just down there. His name is Gatsly and he’ll give you something that will help. I’m not trying to trick you, it’s just a quest with a recommended level of 10. You probably got this. I just did it myself not too long ago.” “oh,” she said, “well in that case I guess I could try it. But don’t get any funny ideas.” She gave him a shrug. She didn’t expect him to take the bait, but it was always worth a try. This was her chance to see if he was smart enough to be wary of strangers or not. It’d tell her how much combat experience he had along with street smarts all in one simple motion. She walked down the indicated path and looked around as she did so. She found five whole eggs again. What luck!

5 eggs

16 total

ID# 141191 results:

Battle: 4

Loot: 9

Edited by Hinatao

And so she continued on, accepting this side story to her little collection and gathering adventure. She was approached by a man and given something that he said was an antidote that would be helpful if she got poisoned on her journey. That was a nice thought, but it wasn’t like she had ever gotten poisoned by the thing she collected before. If that were to happen then she was better off dead for all the help it would do her. She still pocketed it though. She didn’t know if was actually an antidote or some cleverly crafted poison, but either way she was hesitant to use it. She lacked a certain trust of strangers that just gave her things for nothing. Those kinds usually wanted something in return, evne if they weren’t direct about it. She still took time as she walked down this path to look around and find some eggs on her own without needing that man’s help to get it.

2 eggs

18 total

ID# 141192 results:

Battle: 9

Craft: 1

Loot: 10

MOB: 5

Edited by Hinatao

"This quest is pretty easy," someone else said that she met on the way. “Oh,” she said when she heard that he had just done the quest to fight stuff too. She still didn’t know his allegiance though. Was he with or against her? Was he another lowlife just scraping by on noobs? It seemed like the man wasn’t all too worried about that kind of stuff which ordinarily occupied a lot of her thoughts. He introduced himself, also giving his name and a compliment on her figure. “Mine’s Hinatao,” she responded. She was a girl who had used her looks on many occasions to get what she wanted, for her own sake. People oogling her and throwing her compliments was nothing new. Still, she took the compliments in stride saying, “thank you. Easy eh? You been here long? Anyways I’m taking the quest to so I’m going to get going.

Edited by Hinatao

As she walked on she heard the low growl of a wolf behind her. She pulled out her daggerlike weapon and turned around. It wasn’t the strongest blade in the world but it had done her some justice now and then. Really she could have relied on other methods of taking down the wolf but there was one way that was always so simple. She ran at it, head full of steam, and slashed at it. Unsurprisingly she was adept enough to cut into it but she didn’t do much damage at all. It wasn’t like she expected to with such a rinky dink weapon but it was amusing to see the wolf miss its own attack. See, it had tried to chomp down on her but she just slashed into its cheek. It was going to have to try a little harder if it were going to best her at this kind of fight.

I hit wolf 1 for 4

Wolf 1 missed

Wolf 1 Health: 36/40

Me: 300/300 health, 30 energy

ID# 141193 results:

Battle: 8

Craft: 6

MOB: 4

Edited by Hinatao

She didn’t even know if she wanted to attack the wolf again. It didn’t seem that threatening. And why didn’t it have any friends? These were questions she wished she had answers to but it didn’t really matter in the end. She slashed at it half heartedly and the wolf ran past her only for her to dash to the side. She smiled again, fondly remembering the pace at which she liked to work. She enjoyed the work of adventuring, so the pace never seemed as grueling as it could have been. But there were some times where she had found herself lost, and he relied on herself to try and figure out the issue. She had plenty of sleepless nights in the beginning of her first missions but this was nothing compared to this. Smiling once again at the thought, she soldiered on and thought about whether or not to finish the wolf off.

all miss

me: 28 energy

ID# 141194 results:

Battle: 1

Edited by Hinatao

Mercy seemed like a bad option. She waved her blade at the approaching wolf and she cut into it, but this time it bit into her leg which made her help and kick the wolf aside. Now it was personal. She wasn’t going to let this thing live. It was survival of the fittest and this wolf was going to be proven unfit to survive. Constant shifts in the battle prompt shifts in the application of her battle strategy. Personally, she’d enjoyed more success in ending things before they began rather than when applying the strategy of brute force instances to encounters like these that were still in use today. She enjoyed the shifting concept of combat as a whole, and had been considering redirecting her efforts on such strategies. But that will be another strategy testing session for another time. For now, she was locked into this fight whether she liked it or not.

I hit wolf 1 for 4

Wolf 1 crits for 27 damage

Wolf 1 Health: 32/40

Me: 273/300 health, 28 energy

ID# 141195 results:

Loot: 15

Edited by Hinatao

Maybe it was a testament to her blade, but she wasn’t really getting much damage off on this wolf with it. She wasn’t so threatened by the wolf that she would pull out her big guns to eliminate it in one shot though. She was going to let it be lured in by the sense of winning. Every time it slashed or jumped at her she just dodged. She was toying with it almost and was easily able to cut it once again though she barely pierced its hide. Maybe it was a little more resilient than she gave it credit for? It didn’t really hurt that badly when it attacked her though. She laughed and looked at the wolf again, allowing the warm sun to touch her hair by stepping out from the shade of a tree. She appreciated the combat, and though it was a cruel formality, she really enjoyed the dance they were doing.

I hit wolf 1 for 4

Wolf 1 misses

Wolf 1 Health: 28/40

Me: 273/300 health, 28 energy

ID# 141196 results:

Battle: 3 + 3

Loot: 1

Edited by Hinatao

Had she really underestimated the wolf? She slashed again at it and though she did the same surface level scratch to it as before the wolf was able to bite onto her leg again. It was really starting to hurt now and she didn’t want to get some kind of infection, if that was possible for her to even get at this point. "Thank you, wolf. I am overwhelmed with gratitude at the challenge you offer me. But I may have to use the techniques I save only in case of an emergency. As for where we stand now, I think I have to end you. I think it would suffice for me to slay you and eat the meat you offer by roasting it on a fire. I see no need for taking things slowly anymore, particularly when being closer to the my lunch. Let's be honest, some fresh air doesn’t always do us good."

I hit wolf 1 for 4

Wolf 1 crits for 26

Wolf 1 Health: 24/40

Me: 247/300 health, 28 energy

ID# 141198 results:

Loot: 7

Edited by Hinatao

She laughed, brushing her hair from her face. She never would have even dreamed of talking to a wolf that clearly couldn’t talk back to her. But one had to occupy their times somehow when they were out in the wilderness. She then ran at it with blinding speeds and slashed into its heart before it could even attack her. It left the wolf laying on the ground, twitching as she smiled at it. She heard a sound behind her though. Could it be another wolf? She didn’t have time to deal with that right now. She needed to make sure what she had already was going to give her something she needed… some lunch meat. But she felt like it would just snap at her. Although it wouldn’t hurt that badly, she didn’t want it biting into her leg again. Maybe she’d let it bleed out? She didn’t know what to do.

I hit wolf 1 for: 4 (base) + 1 (crit) + 12 (bleed). 

Wolf 1 is paralyzed on my crit

Wolf 1 Health: 7/40

ID# 141199 results:

Craft: 1

Loot: 18

MOB: 7

Edited by Hinatao

The memory of the pain the wolf had caused her was enough to make her just finish the damn thing off. She stabbed it and it bled out onto the ground. That was that, she thought but then the growl behind her got louder. It was clear that there was a wolf there but it wasn’t attacking. She turned to face it. She guess she had some time before it started attacking. It would let her plan her mode of attack. Would she go straight for the heart? The neck? There were so many options with her small weapon. And even more if she resorted to other means of dispatching it. But this was like a challenge now. She was determined to take on all wolves that wanted to fight her with just what she held in her hand. Unless, of course, things got really dire which she didn’t think would happen.

I hit wolf 1 for: 4 (base) + 12 (bleed turn 2/2). 

Wolf 1 dies before attacking

Wolf 1 Health: 0/40

ID# 141200 results:

Craft: 11

Edited by Hinatao

It seemed that sizing the enemy up was a good idea. This one was faster, more sudden than the last. She rushed at it and glanced one of its upper legs while just narrowly dodging the onslaught of bites that the wolf tried to land. It was satisfying to hit it, but partially scary because she didn’t want to have to deal with another bit leg. She was very fortunate that it missed. This wolf was offering such a wonderful gift, and she was grateful. She would be honored to use it for not only her lunch but her dinner too. Cutting down on the time it would take to find more food would also alleviate the expenses of travel, meaning she would need not go and get kills later in the day. She was trying to make the best of a bad situation. She wasn’t about to eat this wolf and she knew that.

I hit wolf 2 for: 4 (base) 

Wolf 2 misses

Wolf 1 Health: 36/40

ID# 141201 results:

Loot: 14

Edited by Hinatao

She took the opportunity while the wolf was still next to her to ram herself into it and stab right into its chest. She just missed the heart, she could tell because not much blood came out when she withdrew her blade. Now, she had to decide what she was going to do next. Stab it again? Or give it some room and attacking from another angle? The heat of physical combat wasn’t something she often got to experience so she wanted to do a lot more than she thought she could. But pushing the boundaries was so much fun! This wolf had made this whole process as painless as she could have imagined. Once again, she couldn’t thank it enough for deciding to come ruin her day. She smiled and got even more into the fight. she was not concerned with her choices in her combat style; she knew she would select the best choices for the fight.

I hit wolf 2 for: 4 (base) + 1 (crit) 12 (bleed turn 1/2). 

Wolf 2 misses

Wolf 2 Health: 19/40

ID# 141202 results:

Craft: 2

MOB: 7 - 3 

Edited by Hinatao

“Yes, yes!” she shouted when the wolf came to attack her again. It showed that it had some spunk. She could respect that and approval was shining through her tone. “However you must be very careful that you don’t rely entirely on instinct mister wolf. Instinct may lead you astray and lead you right into my knife point.” She said, as if the wolf could understand her, and then shoved her pointy weapon into its neck. Blood went everywhere but that was not important right now. What was important was that it had nearly fallen dead at her feet when she pulled back out. She told herself, “be mindful that arrogance grows with every time you succeed, at which point it may be nearly impossible to admit to failure. I should have ended it then and there but I messed up.” Her battle wisdom was showing as she chastised herself for not doing her best.

I hit wolf 2 for: 4 (base) 12 (bleed turn 2/2). 

Wolf 2 misses

Wolf 2 Health: 3/40

ID# 141203 results:

Battle: 5+3

Loot: 1

MOB: 8-3

Edited by Hinatao

Not wanting to make the same mistake again, she stabbed right into the neck and killed the wolf properly. She might have felt happy, if she didn’t hear another growl behind her. “How many of you are there?” She asked with a hint of exasperation in her voice. She didn’t want to be here all day. She’d give it… two more enemies and then she was done. Obviously she had been led down a good path but the consequences of coming here were having to deal with all these monsters. She wasn’t sure at this point if that was worth it or not. It was hard to concede failure but in her eyes she had failed on this particular wolf. She had killed it faster than the last though, so she had that going for her. Now it was time to see if she could apply this knowledge to the next enemy.

I hit wolf 2 for: 4 (base) 

Wolf 2 is dead before it can attack

ID# 141204 results:

Battle: 4 + 3

Craft: 7

Loot: 12

Edited by Hinatao

Fighting these wolves was not even starting to barely make her tired. She was still going strong and even when she turned to face the next wolf she didn’t think she was going to have any trouble with it. She ran at it, slashed, cut into its hide, the same as the other two wolves. This one was much like the last. Faster, more agile, able to take a hit. She just needed to whittle it down enough to lower its guard and go for the neck, as was her altered strategy from her experience she’d gained in the past few minutes. She was intelligent enough to understand the meaning of improvement. That was all she would say and she was not expecting to meet any more challenges with these wolves. Her gratitude was growing and the matter of transporting remains of the wolves was a different matter. Maybe she would have to abandon the carcass? She didn’t know.

I hit wolf 3 for: 4 (base) 

Wolf 3 misses

Wolf 3: 36/40 health

I rolled ID# 141207 but forgot to put a link. Ask-A-Staff told me to just reroll

ID# 141209 results:

Loot: 6

MOB: 1

Edited by Hinatao

The wolf attacked her, she dodged as per usual, and she whipped around to face its rear. She wondered what attacking its back legs would do. She slashed at them and dug into them a little but the wolf quickly kicked back. She was fast enough to dodge the kick, but it didn’t make her feel good about attacking the rear again. If she wasn’t so agile she would have gotten a big claw mark on her face. She was someone who would ensure there was no slacking off even if it were herself, yet someone who would not be so over the top that she couldn’t have just a little fun with her work. So she didn’t mind taking the occasional risk with her attacks if she felt she could survive the encounter. Sometimes she went too far which could present an issue in and of itself if things got bad enough.

Wolf 3 misses

Wolf 3: 32/40 health

ID# 141210 results:

Battle: 5 + 3

Craft: 3

Loot: 18

Edited by Hinatao

“Okay, so no more attacking the rear,” she told herself as she circled back around. This wolf was a little too fast for her to get a good shot off on its neck. She had to keep dancing around and trying. Maybe the only way she was going to kill it was through a war of attrition. She struck it again, feeling the muscle get caught this time and then she pulled out to see a little blood show. That was the deepest cut so far. She would allow herself the flexibility to be innovative that an old veteran would not. However she was not someone who will be taken a fool. She couldn’t be let to take advantage of her own self. She needed to be clear headed in fights like these or else she was going to end up using some potions. And she really didn't want to waste those. 

Wolf 3 misses

Wolf 3: 28/40 health

ID# 141211 results:

Battle: 4 + 3

Loot: 5

Edited by Hinatao

She remains alert to the wolf, as it straightened so that it could attempt to stand up again. The wolf utters a strange little cry, as if calling for more help. Oh god, not more of them. Hanabi stood carefully and released her locked vision on the wolf. She looked around, worried that he might have a bigger badder friend. She wasn’t tiring at all, but she didn’t want to be caught off guard if she didn’t have any friends here. The wolf tests the balance of its legs and holds good even if it tilts a little to the right after getting stabbed a bunch of times. The girl brought her hand closed it more tightly around her handle. The creature took a step forward, expressed a little louder cry this time. “Sorry, I do not speak that language," she said jokingly. She ran at it and slashed yet again.

Wolf 3 misses

Wolf 3: 24/40 health

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
141212 5+3 2 4 5-3 Hinatao Msg_hover2.png attacking wolf 3 2020-04-13 19:03:00
Edited by Hinatao