[F01][SP][E3] Dragon Anthology Part 1

Taking this quest (part 1)

gear and crap in spoiler

Spoiler

Damage: 4 (1 base, 3 from skills, 2 bleed, 1 paralyze from weapon)

Evasion: 3 (my armor)

Accuracy: 3 (trinket)

Mitigation : 5 (light armor skill)

Current Level: 17, 340 health, 34 energy

Battle ready items: 

3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Name: Toxic Venom Salve
Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: None yet
Roll ID: 140766
Roll Result: 12 (perfect)
Item Type: Salve
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect 
Enhancements: Toxic Venom: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal (8 * Tier) unmitigatable poison damage on each enemy turn for 3 turns. Effect lasts for one thread. Poison damage does not stack, but can be refreshed.
Description: A flash with green liquid inside. It has a large corked opening so that it can be quickly poured out onto a weapon. 
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19203-f1e3sp/?tab=comments#comment-602287
from here: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19208-hinatao-evals/?tab=comments#comment-602388

Name: Bloodletter
Profession: Blacksmith
Roll ID: 139868
Roll Result: 11+1
Item Type: Dagger
Enhancements: 2 Bleed, 1 Paralyze
Post Link: Here
Description:
A small red toned dagger that its color looks as though it has been dipped in blood that has sense solidified. Light and effective the blades edge is serrated and is sure to leave a nasty wound in its wake.
Name: Ebonweave Garb
Profession: Tailor
Roll ID: 138134
Item Type: Light Armor
Enhancements: Evasion 3
Description:
A black almost velvet appearing garb that adorns the chest and legs without restricting movement, when in direct sunlight a grayed staircase pattern becomes visible. Breathes well and doesn't trap heat, simple and functional
Name: Obsidian Feline - Grace
Profession: Artisan
Roll ID: 137732
Item Type: Trinket
Enhancements: Accuracy 3
Description:
A strange black and almost glassy gloss material taking the shape of a cat with orange gemstone eyes, in its paws a ball of yarn. Adorable and distracting from possibly life threatening situations, being a source of focus to sharpen ones senses and remain calm when the world is overwhelming..

If there was one thing Hinatao could say with certainty about SAO, something that was completely within her expectations, it would be that some of the cities were cold. As in really cold. The weather did not really help matters along; it had been snowing for a while, and it still was. People said the snowfall had grown lighter though, which was a good thing. Rumor had it the supply of salt was running low, and that if things continued this way soon the streets as a whole would be transformed into an ice-skating range. Even with the salt keeping the roads from freezing over completely, Hinatao had felt her boots slip on a hidden patch of ice a couple times, sending her waving her arms around in a desperate attempt to maintain her balance. Today she was off to do a battle with a dragon. And so the quest began.

Edited by Hinatao

Finding the dragon was the easy part. They said sometimes it worked, allowing one to somehow hold make it there without issue. Other times she just smacked backwards into the stone of the street, displeased and embarrassed. This day, it was the latter. Some people cracked a smile at the sight of her, others just stared at her with a blank face for a couple seconds before turning away and continuing about their business. No-one would come extend a helping hand towards her, it seemed, but that was fine. That way she did not have to interact with anyone, nor have to admit that she was entirely unused to the treacherous nature of the streets. Sure, she could hide her embarrassment well enough, but that did not make any interactions any less awkward. Besides, it made her feel like a toddler, and that was never a good thing in this environment.

The girl pushed herself into a sitting position before placing her knees underneath her body. From there she worked herself into a crouching position, then slowly standing up and dusting off her clothes. She sighed deeply, part of her trousers already sporting wet spots where it had come into contact with the snow. It probably wasn’t wise to stay outside for too long now. It wasn’t likely the spots would freeze, but they were cold and drained her energy. And so she encountered the dragon. The first step was attacking it. She heard it had some special properties like some kind of paralytic attack. She hoped she didn’t get hit too many times by that. She started off strong, with her strongest attack in fact. No, she heard this thing had mitigation. She would have to bleed it dead. She would slash at it with round accel and try to paralyze it.

Her first steps were taken with utmost care, and only when she believed to have left the danger zone did the girl pace pick back up, walking through the cave  and rounding corners with large strides. It was only a matter of time when someone appeared from behind a bend, someone she had not seen, nor anticipated. It could have resulted in a collision, but both parties managed to stop in their tracks just before they ran into each other. Unfortunately, the treacherous underground threw a spanner in the works, and Hinatao felt her boots slide from under her once again. That was when she got her first opportunity to attack the dragon. She slashed at the dragon with her paralytic attack. She missed of course, because why wouldn’t she. The dragon missed too which was a good sign. She reached out for the closest thing to steady herself with, which happened to be the shoulder of the rock in front of her.

Me: Miss
Dragon: Miss

Dragon: 125/125 health

Me: 340/340 health, 32/34 energy

ID# 141392 results:

Battle: 2 + 3

Craft: 5

Loot: 2 

MOB: 6 - 3

Edited by Hinatao

Her attack only served to pull her off balance as well. Attacking served to do little damage but at least she triggered bleed. And before either of them was aware of it, they both were struggling to stay upright, both tugging at each other. Resistance was futile though, as soon one leg got stuck behind those of the other, and when one fell, so did the other. Hinatao cursed under her breath as she and the stranger collapsed in a small heap of limbs. Contact was brief, the stranger quickly getting off of the dragon, looking quite annoyed with the whole situation. The hood of their cloak had fallen off, and their muffler had untangled, revealing a dragon’s face. A fierce-looking one with a young face. She reminded Hinatao of the dragons from storyboooks she’d encountered seasons ago. What was it doing here of all places? More importantly, would it be willing to give her the drop she needed?

[x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Me: I hit (all mitigated). Bleed triggers for 12 damage (1/2 rounds) 
Dragon: miss

Dragon: 113/125 health

Me: 340/340 health, 30/34 energy

ID# 141393 results:

Battle: 8

Craft: 8

Loot: 12

MOB: 7-3

Edited by Hinatao

With that, the dragon left, speeding away with quick steps. Hinatao frowned. She knew that the dragon wasn’t supposed to be all that strong on floor one, but that did not mean they had to react so bluntly to getting hit. Hell, it hadn’t even listened. The girl considered her options for a moment; she could just walk away, but this was probably one of the ten dragons in the beginner floors. It would be pretty hard to find anyone else capable of helping her with this fight and it wasn’t like she brought friends. She slashed the dragon again, hoping to do more damgage this time .She hit it but it was all mitigated. She’d tried bringing her blade faster, hoping he could surprise it. Unfortunately, she had never seen anything like it before, leaving her doing little to nothing in terms of damage. She doubted a dozen attacks would have given a much different damage value.

Me: I hit (all mitigated). Bleed continues for 12 damage (2/2 rounds) 
Dragon: hits because the wail negates my evasion

Dragon: 101/125 health

Me: 290/340 health, 30/34 energy

ID# 141394 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 1

Loot: 20

MOB: 8

Edited by Hinatao

She attacked again, but again it was all mitigated. She wonderd if others were able to help. SShe could have sought out other players but none had helped her call. None was any help. None had a clue as to how to fight this questline, nor to what they would do upon fighting a dragon. They were just noobs like her. Even here in SAO, she hadn’t been able to find anyone that could help her. The gall to attack this thing had come into her possession by learning more about combat, and she had used sword arts in combat; and showed herself that she could do great things. Thus, it was likely that the previous quest completionists could have actually won at her level. Perhaps another noob could too. And if they could, they could tell Hinatao the tricks… but it was too late now. She had to fight.

Me: I hit (all mitigated)

ID# 141395 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 12

Loot: 8

MOB: 1

Edited by Hinatao

After taking a hit it was clear that she wasn’t prepared to tank all the damage necessary to put up with this dragon for very long. She attacked again and was going to have to hope and pray for a bunch of crits this fight or else she might find herself dying for real. This was her last hope, really. If after a couple seasons of searching she couldn’t find any luck, then she never would. That, and her enthusiasm of solving the enigma was starting to wane. Sure, a bit of mystery was fine and dandy, but only in moderation. Hopeless tasks were not appealing. If the power of luck couldn’t help, then it was likely no-one could. Then the sword arts probably weren’t of any use. However, the glimmer of hope from a few moments ago was very much alive and kicking. Hinatao decided right then and there that she would keep trying and not run.

ID# 141396 results:

Battle: 5+3

MOB: 2

Edited by Hinatao

Thank god, a lucky crit. She made the dragon bleed again which was great. She only had to do this like two or three more times and then it was game over for this stupid dragon. She saw a woman running along side the cold dungeon she was in. The woman ignored her but made eye contact. Did she have time to chat with her for advice? Advice did not have to take very long; Hinatao had the equipment to evade attacks on hand. It was the only special skill she’d managed to figure out (or more accurately, had dared to try and activate) because she’d seen it being used before. If the other girl could use it without a second thought, it was likely she could use the other arts as well. Meaning that the girl would at least be one step closer to figuring out how to survive this fight.

Me: I hit (all mitigated). Bleed triggers for 12 damage (1/2 rounds)
Dragon: Crits for 52

Dragon: 89/125 health

Me: 238/340 health, 30/34 energy

ID# 141397 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 7

Loot: 17

MOB: 9

Edited by Hinatao

Determination settling on her face, Hinatao started to walk in the same direction the girl had, hot on her tail. All the while, she kept the dragon in her view. It wouldn’t let her leave, that was just a no no, but she could at least push into the dungeon to see if there was something that could help her. When the dragon came by she stunned it with her side bite sowrd art and let it bleed some more. The path dragged on, one into the next, with no returning joy in being a member of the superior female player on the horizon. Though she had been released from the dragon fighting area where she'd undergone a number of enemies. It made her sick to her stomach that someone would design a real game like this. It was only the fact that her experience with fighting allowed her to survive this long.

[x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.

Me: I hit (all mitigated). Bleed triggers for 12 damage (2/2 rounds)
Dragon: paralyzed from SA

Dragon: 77/125 health

Me: 238/340 health, 25/34 energy

ID# 141398 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 10

Loot: 5

MOB: 10

Edited by Hinatao

Stunning the dragon again with a quick double slash, Hinatao pushed on after the lady. She had a mark with a blue vertical streak across her right eye, extending from the top of her forehead to a mid-point on her cheek on that side. She had only just gotten to where she no longer felt her spirit crushed at morning's first sight of it in the mirror. She'd learned to hide it with cosmetics, but the damage was done. There was the aspect of challenge, in the form of trying not to cry with the knowledge of how she could never go home again, bearing such disgrace as to fail this quest. But she'd lost that challenge too often to ever take pride in the few instances where she held it back. It was true she'd genuinely advanced her sword skills, but that was to be her qualification to eventually gain this woman’s advice.

[x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.

Me: I hit (all mitigated).

Dragon: 77/125 health

Me: 238/340 health, 20/34 energy

ID# 141399 results:

Battle: 7

Craft: 3

Edited by Hinatao

Stunning the dragon again, she realized she was low on energy. She could probably do that three more times and then she was toast. She'd known well ahead of time that it would take a lot of time for such a thing to even become possible. But she had all the time in the world, literally. And she had all the time of her life, and had been entirely willing to spend it in such a worthy pursuit. But now the other girl was completely aware of her presence there, so there was no longer any possibility of gaining ground on her quest to defeat this dragon. The only shred of accomplishment she still retained was the knowledge that she'd kept secret the fact that she'd been assigned this quest, and that it was not just the lair in which the next dragon chose to hide. She wanted to know the dragon’s weakness.

Me: I hit (all mitigated). bleed triggers for 12 damage (1/2 rounds)

Dragon: 65/125 health

Me: 238/340 health, 15/34 energy

ID# 141400 results:

Battle: 9

Loot: 13

MOB: 7

Edited by Hinatao

Slashing once again into the dragon's side she paralyzed it and ran like hell to dodge any danger. Her dragon quest was truly just a cover story. Her real goal was to uncover what was going on in the next dragon quests known to exist on this series of floors. She was easily able to stun the dragon once again but she was getting even lower on energy. She knew she didn’t have all that much time left. It was a source of excruciating frustration to great Hinatao that this girl kept letting her chase her. It was like she was seeing how long Hinatao would last and then waiting for her to die so she could get a good laugh. But this was an ordeal she'd been quick to accept if it meant the possibility of advancing her agenda for completing the questline. They were just tools of the game maker anyway.

Me: I hit (all mitigated). bleed triggers for 12 damage (1/2 rounds)

Dragon: 53/125 health

Me: 238/340 health, 10/34 energy

ID# 141401 results:

Craft: 3

Loot: 6

MOB: 6

Edited by Hinatao

How could any inferior player hope to use the concepts of combat to ever successfully defeat all dragons without help? She used what was nearly the last of her energy to stab the dragon again and ran again. She had little else that she ‘could’ do. But she also knew that the girl must be aware of what had transpired regarding her exposed position. She must have known that she was close to killing the dragon. Was this all a test to see if she was worthy to join her guild or something? To suggest otherwise would be to deny even an ounce of logic to this girl’s relentless chase. Seeing that the events in SAO had been a great triumph for her, it stood to reason that she had great renown awaiting her at home. She had been just as certain that her reward would be forthcoming, and had said as much to her friends.

Me: I hit (all mitigated). bleed triggers for 12 damage (2/2 rounds)

Dragon: 41/125 health

Me: 238/340 health, 5/34 energy

ID# 141402 results:

Battle: 3

Craft: 4

Loot: 5

MOB: 8

Edited by Hinatao

She finally caught up to the mysterious girl after slashing the dragon again with her blade but not paralyzing it. She was now at just 5 energy and she couldn’t tell if she was close to killing this dragon or not. She shouted, “can I beat it!?” “Hmm, interesting,” she said when hearing Hinatao’s plea. She was a little skeptical that she might be joking, but who really told the whole truth nowadays. She showed her that she was low on energy so she guessed was proof enough for her so long as she didn’t take any aggressive actions. “Oh, I’m just scouting around and looking for talent. If you beat it you get a guild invite. So by all means, feel free to finish your quest. I think you have the level to beat it but you are low on energy, maybe focus on the fight instead ofm e?” At that moment the ddragon hit Hinatao, sending her flying.

Dragon: hits for 50 since the wail gets rid of my evasion

Dragon: 41/125 health

Me: 188/340 health, 5/34 energy

ID# 141403 results:

Craft: 7

Loot: 18

MOB: 7

Edited by Hinatao

Hinatao looked back at the dragon who just nailed her into the ground and groaned. “Please lucky crit please,” she begged as she used her last energy bits to paralyze the dragon again. Yes, she triggered a bleed. The other girl said, “Just keep a good distance and we won’t have any problems. Sometimes getting this kill can be a little… difficult” She didn’t know that he was still ogling her as she went to work but there was a lingering suspicion. It wasn’t like she wasn’t on the market but after all these years it would take a little more effort than advice and checking her out. It probably would have gone a lot better if the girl had introduced herself as a guild leader or something to earn some respect. Right now she was pretty much a stranger. A mean stranger with no good advice on how to deal with this fight.

Me: I hit (all mitigated). Bleed triggers 12 damage (1/2 rounds)
Dragon: is paralyzed from SA

Dragon: 29/125 health

Me: 188/340 health, 0/34 energy

ID# 141404 results:

Craft: 6

Loot: 18

MOB: 9

Edited by Hinatao

“Can you just tell me if it has any tricks up its sleeve,” Hinatao shouted at the girl as the dragon continued to bleed out. She had hit it again but once again all her damage was mitigated. The girl called back “Oh, it doesn’t do all that much to you in its current state. You’d need to take on one of the next quests for the dragon to really do some lasting damage. So long as you aren’t critical helath you’ll be alright. If you get below seventy just use a teleport crystal.” Great advice, to someone who didn’t have one of those crystals yet but that’s more of a personal issue. She sincerely hoped that she wouldn’t start dropping that low or god forbid, getting under fifty health. But health wasn’t the focus anymore. She kept it in the back of her mind as she went around attacking the dragon again and again.

Me: I hit (all mitigated). Bleed triggers 12 damage (1/2 rounds)

Dragon: 17/125 health

ID# 141405 results:

Craft: 9

Loot: 14

MOB: 3

Edited by Hinatao

As they continued to fight the dragon and Hinatao danced around a bunch of dead carcasses added for aesthetic affect. They fought over dead oxen, cows, you name it. It was pretty basic dragon lair scenery when it came down to it. She just needed to pass just enough time for this to be considered a quest complete and then she could go home. Maybe she would meet this girl again later in a more interesting mission. It was hard to have lively conversation when all they were doing was slashing at a dragon and doing her best to survive to pass the time. When it came down to it quests didn’t get any more standard than this. The only real surprise was the howling thing and even that was something that she had learned to handle already. It was just a garunteed hit almost because it took away all her evasion.

Me: I hit (all mitigated). Bleed triggers 12 damage (2/2 rounds)

Dragon: 5/125 health

ID# 141406 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 11

Loot: 6

Edited by Hinatao

The worst thing about the howling that really sucked was now that she couldn’t paralyze to stop it. Having no energy except the one she regenerated every round to try slashing at her enemy was really sucky. She wondered if there was a way to regenerate more energy but now was probably much too late to be worrying about that. She attacked the dragon again but she missed. Luckily the dragon missed too and didn’t even get off his howl. She had basically staked the credibility of her beliefs in her home culture upon this certainty. The unspoken "Time will tell" had hung in the air between them. Who would be more lucky? Her or the game? It was true that this certainty had waned just a bit in the intervening seconds, as she awaited some word of advice from the lady she had spoken to but it didn’t look like any more advice was going to come.

all miss

ID# 141407 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 2

Loot: 13

MOB: 1

Edited by Hinatao

More missing. As if she hadn’t missed enough already. With the arrival of the newfound courage she had found she leapt at the dragon, seeing that it was almost dead, and used all of her strength to try stabbing it through the head. That didn’t work obviously because she missed and the dragon likewise floundered around, near death. She wondered if the next fights were going to be much harder than this because it was surely going to be made completely clear just who was stronger right here and now, and who was the fool. As yet, the watching girl was unaware of this development. She'd become aware of a degree of heightened awareness, regarding what motivated and gratified those around her. But she knew this was a feature of new players and she would not lower herself to acknowledge it as a positive trait. She was watching to see if Hinatao messed up from here on out.

all miss

ID# 141408 results:

Craft: 11

Loot: 9

MOB: 5

Edited by Hinatao