[F02][SP] Let there Be Light

Off on a quest into some creepy cave because some NPC mom made a compelling story for her to venture into it on her own. That was well enough but she didn’t really see what was to gain from it. S;he saw the recommended level thoug hand that was enough to convince her that this quest would be a piece of cake. She had a feeling that they would come across something or another that needed tending to. She would set off on the patrol, with her trusty map in hand and be on the lookout for any danger to the public. She would ask people she passed by about what they liked to do around here and whether or not she should be worried about some secret hidden enemy. She didn’t hear back anything interesting though so she just took the time to look left and right for some materials to burn the time.

Found 1 t1 mat

ID# 142424 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 1

Loot: 18

MOB: 9

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/4906-f02-«let-there-be-light»/

Taking this ^ quest

Gear and stats in spoiler:

Spoiler

Damage: 4 (1 base, 3 from skills, 2 bleed, 1 paralyze from weapon)

Evasion: 3 (my armor)

Accuracy: 3 (trinket)

Mitigation : 5 (light armor skill)

Current Level: 19, 380 health, 38 energy

Battle ready items: 

3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Name: Toxic Venom Salve
Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: None yet
Roll ID: 140766
Roll Result: 12 (perfect)
Item Type: Salve
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect 
Enhancements: Toxic Venom: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal (8 * Tier) unmitigatable poison damage on each enemy turn for 3 turns. Effect lasts for one thread. Poison damage does not stack, but can be refreshed.
Description: A flash with green liquid inside. It has a large corked opening so that it can be quickly poured out onto a weapon. 
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19203-f1e3sp/?tab=comments#comment-602287
from here: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19208-hinatao-evals/?tab=comments#comment-602388

Name: Bloodletter
Profession: Blacksmith
Roll ID: 139868
Roll Result: 11+1
Item Type: Dagger
Enhancements: 2 Bleed, 1 Paralyze
Post Link: Here
Description:
A small red toned dagger that its color looks as though it has been dipped in blood that has sense solidified. Light and effective the blades edge is serrated and is sure to leave a nasty wound in its wake.
Name: Ebonweave Garb
Profession: Tailor
Roll ID: 138134
Item Type: Light Armor
Enhancements: Evasion 3
Description:
A black almost velvet appearing garb that adorns the chest and legs without restricting movement, when in direct sunlight a grayed staircase pattern becomes visible. Breathes well and doesn't trap heat, simple and functional
Name: Obsidian Feline - Grace
Profession: Artisan
Roll ID: 137732
Item Type: Trinket
Enhancements: Accuracy 3
Description:
A strange black and almost glassy gloss material taking the shape of a cat with orange gemstone eyes, in its paws a ball of yarn. Adorable and distracting from possibly life threatening situations, being a source of focus to sharpen ones senses and remain calm when the world is overwhelming..

Edited by Hinatao

More searching. She didn’t like the fact that it was hard to see in here. Even a bat came and surprised her but she attacked it with her strongest sword art. She missed, because it was hard to see, and she got hit as well. It was an overall losing scenario for her. Someone who was also in the cave promised to make it all better and take herout to dinner if things went well. She looked like she was doing some mental math to see if what had been proposed would be okay by her. It sounded like she was getting a free lesson and a free dinner and some companionship. She didn’t see the downside unless this teen wanted something from her that he wasn’t letting on. She nodded to him and said, “that sounds like a deal,” then she smiled genuinely. Then she swatted again at the bat.

Bat: crits me

Me: I miss

Health: 359/380 energy: 36/38

ID# 142438 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 10

Loot: 18

MOB: 9

Edited by Hinatao

One more attack on the bat. This time she hit with her sword art. She guessed it would take another hit or two to down. She thought back to dinner. She was already hungry but she wasn’t going to be hungry for all this time. She said, “I’ll meet you back out here in an hour,” then she went off to eat an apple and then she went back to attacking the bat. All she did was tell herself to take note of move tha the bat had used, the name of the attack, and what the attack did. Then hopefully they could use that knowledge to try practicing fighting th bat in the fiture and asking their real teachers how to properly use the knowledge to receive the desired result. She wished she could have shown them herself but… she was no where near the level of a veteran that usually taught the noobs.

Bat: crits me for 22

Bat: 26/50 health

Me: I hit x6 SA

Health: 337/380 energy: 30/38

ID# 142444 results:

Battle: 6 - 1 + 3

Craft: 4

Loot: 20

MOB: 10

Edited by Hinatao

She was still in the dark cave, not too keen on staying much longer. She felt like she was going around to collect some late books from a library except she was blind and she had no idea where she was going. What a nice simple odd job for this young one. She let out a yawn in the early morning when she decided to start taking this bat thing a bit more seriously. She tried to execute a sword art but once again she missed because of the darkness. She hated it. She started by walking down the cave and looking at the map that she had been given showing all the right places to look. She was no great shakes at mappery or anything of the sort but it was almost impossible to get the locations wrong when they were easily located to local landmarks and they had the names of the coordinates.

Bat: misses

Bat: 26/50 health

Me: I miss

Health: 337/380 energy: 28/38

ID# 142445 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 5

Loot: 19

MOB: 8

Edited by Hinatao

Not that this task was too hard, but she really did wish tha the bats would just die. She used a sword art on one and killed it, finally. She knew that more were just around the corner but she didn’t want to have to deal with them. She shouted, “hey are you here or not,” only to get no response at all. That meant that even if she couldn’t locate them using the map she could still ask around and find out exactly who it was that she needed to find. It was easy work, she thought and that’s why she was so eager to get it done. Not too many times did she get a job that paid a pretty penny that also happened to be a relatively calm and peaceful one. She kicked a rock down the road as she walked, none too rushed to get anything done but at the same time… she hoped she did get something done.

Bat: misses

Bat: Dead

Me: I hit x6 SA and hit it with a 12 damage bleed 

Health: 337/380 energy: 22/38

ID# 142446 results:

Battle: 10

Loot: 2

MOB: 5

Edited by Hinatao

Glancing around with sudden concern, Hinata found that a more stealthy approach would be preferable after all to attacking the bats all willy nilly. She jumped into action from the shadows and struck one as hard as she could with her swor darts. "Yes, let's remove myself. I think these bats are not all they seem, and I would know more if I took things slowly and didn’t approach them directly." She thought this because the first bat she approached was very apprehensible, and did not want to give her any slack at all when it came to returning combat. Again that twitch of apprehension came from the girl. Now curiosity bloomed full in the girl's mind. "I think you need not worry too much what you think about strategizing. These are small fries. You will be easily persuaded to assume that they will die quite easily.” She tried to be nice.

hit 4x6 SA on bat + 12 dmg bleed (1/2 turns)

damage to bat: 36

bat health: 14/50

bat misses

my energy: 16

ID# 142451 results:

Battle: 8

Craft: 12

Loot: 4

MOB: 2

Edited by Hinatao

She wasn’t the best at persuasion but it was what it was. Even as she struck this bat dead she wished she could have talked her way out of the fight. She had to at least ask them to be amenable even if she knew that these types probably weren’t going to be no matter what. Several tangents of thought converged, and it occurred to her all at once that the right strategy was to approach them in their hiding spots instead of out in the open. Maybe she would find this lost girl faster too. She could hear the cries of the lost girl in the distance. She made her way there, hoping to find her soon and that no more bats would attack her for like nor eason like they’ve been doing all day now.  She smiled at the irony of having just told the peple back at home that she thought she was not all she seemed. No doubt the others would be thinking the same of her.

hit 4x6 SA on bat + 12 dmg bleed (2/2 turns)

damage to bat: 36

bat health: 0

my energy: 10

ID# 142453 results:

Battle: 5

Loot: 8

MOB: 4

Edited by Hinatao

Suddenly something in the air had changed. It was no longer a blind confidence you could feel in the air, it was rage, anger, animosity. The last major plan against this poor child NPC, kidnapping and hiding her in this cave had been launched. She was now ready to give it her all if it meant getting this imaginary NPC back just to spite those who would make her life difficult for no reason. She was going to live the day for the noblest purpose she had found, in the last week that was. Protect the future NPC  lovers on this planet. With an almost mad smile, hidden behind the hair that covered her face, she crossed the gap in the cave and rescued the little girl and carried her back to her mom. The NPC was happy, a little more happy than she could think was believable but it was something alright.

She felt some pride and even got some nods from the other NPCs around her. Maybe she had done something cool and good. But whatever, she didn’t think she needed to think that highly of herself. Now she had to throw her hands up in the air and wonder what else she was going to do today. There was quite a lot to do actually… Everything was suddenly tense outside. she heard a cry, then a second. Two men had just heard that someone was coming for something or another and they were in an uproar. It was likely a scripted NPC sequence so she watched. She was little skilled at hiding though so she grabbed a corner of a building and jumped out a first floor window when she had the chance. Other little cries and squeaks were heard in a few seconds as others came to see what the hubbub was. Not that she blamed them, but her actions weren’t that suspicious.

So, being bored with nothing to do, she decided to go on a little tangent and help some NPCs recover some books. It was a simple little side quest that didn’t have any rewards as far as she knew and it was just a time burn. She wanted to laugh. Her mission had been particularly too easy. Everyone was so naive, and they believed that they could avoid returning books, that they could just go unnoticed while others wanted those books. Incapable. As soon as she had arrived at the next home, not only had she been offered a drink for ignoring them for now, but in addition, she had been offered some food and even her own share of some overdue books so that she could inspect them and enjoy them. It was all part of the NPC experience she guessed. None of it was really “real” if she thought about it.

If only she was a book lover like them. She shook her head and demanded the books be returned or face fines. She won them over with sheer persistence and by telling them that if she didn’t get the books then she was going to lose her job. She had copied all their names down and put them aside. Also, she had been able to see the common excuses when she went house to house. There were way too many excuses she realized. People were claiming that she had take into consideration their improvement and not being “as late” this time so they should be given a break. But she was becoming wiser to their excuses. It was some fun little roleplay but it was getting stale. She didn’t know how much longer she could pretend to be interested in getting these books back. There was a limit to her engagement levels.

She counted on the gratitude of the girl to comply with her request, but if that failed, then perhaps the rumored pride of the girl would help. “You were fortunate I need a girl, and that I was around. And that your pkers did not want to give me time of day,” she spoke honestly. “If you had been anything but a girl, I would have stayed out of it and left you to die.” It was said rather nonchalantly, almost as if she were speaking about the weather.

“I am telling you this because I do not feel like lying about it,” she preempted the question she felt was coming. “That, and it is said that honesty is the best policy.” All good relationships –be they personal or business—were based on honesty, were they not? “Either way, the favor is but small. Nothing to it, really. But it would help me out immensely.

I have some items in my possession which I believe are of NPC make. I have tried to find someone able to identify them, and explain how they work. Who better to ask than a girl?” Reality does not temper it's harsh clarity with compassion. Hinatao's thrill over her salvation passed quickly into despair, as the very nature of her love of battle recalled the many ways in which society embraced this combative culture; the culture that was now represented by three sisters-turned-would-be-killers. It all flooded back to her with assertion that would not give her a chance to explain, and would send hard mobs to dispatch her. She might not have felt the mockery of the world in her heart had it not just been soaring with the satisfaction that she'd proven theo thers wrong; and that her others had come to carry her home to the glory she should have won for her timely warning

Yes, she'd had to surrender her hope of accomplishing the rest of the dragon anthology quest; an extremely long-term, infiltration type of covert operation, under the cover of being an expert player. But the warning was so vastly important that it could very well have been the mission she'd been sent to perform, given its ramifications; and how it had allowed her to triumph against the other dragons. Nor had she revealed her original quest, even under the tortures of not being strong enough. Instead, the girl had been sent, as her friend had predicted, to join her. Her heart clutched eagerly at this rationale and she was able to wipe away most of the tears, forgetting that her intentions were now plainly visible. She would need to return home and reapply her cosmetics. She turned to them, wanting to cover her loss of control with some explanation for once

Her mouth gaped aimlessly for a moment as any take on her situation struck her as still somehow... Some of the other woman's words came back to her now, however. They did not foster a mood of generosity. A cold smile of understanding crossed her face as the context of 'leverage' found purchase in her mind. "I see..." she muttered, salvation turning suddenly to coercion, "So, not the 'do-gooder' one might have thought. And you would have me think twice about stereotypes, would you? Here I am, a girl in dire need, and you, will help me only at cost of recompense. What a complete departure from the anticipated sterotype." she sneered, her sarcasm withering. Again, though her bitterness would be understandable, her pride, and her need to believe in her people forced her into contrition. She could not play this part as anything but a true noob, who would not really have any cause to withhold a favor to a player

How much of the initial meeting, or her joy at the onset of it, that this had seen, Hinata had no idea, but any further comment could only lead to information she should not reveal. She was on the verge of asking what it was she was now obliged to do when one more thing the woman had said came back to her. She wondered briefly if this contact of hers was suffering some similar reversal of gratitude as a result of saving the wretched world from the machinations of the three monsters. It did not consciously register that she was developing a deeper hatred for those three than she still held for oters. Again, she choked off her desire to ask about her information broker. It would not fit her cover to act as if it mattered to her. There was just an odd mental twitch though, from the woman.

Hinata sensed it through her mark. Just the bare hint of apprehension over this last question. She assumed the woman had been disgraced or something, possibly dismissed, rather than any worry over her possibly being revealed. It served to bring her just a slightly more positive assessment of the woman's motivation. 'So she too, is a reject from some place of accomplishment, eh? Putting up a tough, uncaring front?' The girl found that the thought that this spawn had had to go elsewhere to gain rank, and then had had to return here, brought a measure of identifying empathy to her heart. She gave the woman a little closer look now... Her world reeled for a moment, as she staggered between notions that this was either a dread enemy, or someone she should be kneeling before. The woman explained about having a few items she needed to learn the functions of.

The girl sneered, sarcasm coating her words and turning them in nothing short of venom. Hinatao listened stoically, not really caring whether or not this woman had a high or low opinion of her. All she wanted was to get her help. Nothing more, nothing less. Sure, perhaps it would have been a good idea to pretend to have come to her aid out of pure altruism, but Hinatao knew herself well enough to know she couldn’t keep such an act up for very long. Besides, altruists did not ask for anything in return did they? It would have been hard to ask for a favor directly after having saved this woman. Instead, she’d have to go through the process of conversation, being friendly and nice, getting the girl to say something like “I am grateful that we met” or something along those lines. Then Hinatao would have to and then seek out the girl once again, pretending to have come across her again. Too much of a hassle.

“Hmpf,” Hinatao shrugged, “keep thinking in stereotypes if you wish. For all I care, the whole of SAO can keep doing so, it will only be beneficial for me in the long run.” After all, it allowed her to do unexpected things, like not dying when she was stabbed with a poisoned dagger. If people did not take deviations from the stereotypical or the norm in account, it would only serve Hinatao to survive for that much longer. Either way, the girl did seem to agree on going along with the girl’s proposal. pride and all that. She did offer some backstory, though it was compressed in one single breath. Still, in context it provided enough information for Hinatao to gain some insight in the girl’s situation. Though Hinatao suspected she had a pretty firm grasp on the girl’s background already, she would not mind to hear the actual circumstances from the girl herself.

As long as she did not ramble on and on about it, that is. It would be greatly appreciated if she kept it brief and to the point, if she told her at all. The woman referred to that then, apparently either slow on the uptake, or a little too distracted by the fact she’d been almost killed to respond when Hinatao had introduced herself. She hoped that would be enough to convince her that Hinatao was not an enemy of hers at all. Sure, she had been planning on killing harder mobs, but since the girl had done it for her, she was not to blame. In case she was not yet convinced, Hinatao added, “I am not aligned with any of the combat guilds, nor do I oppose one in particular.” She frowned slightly. The girl seemingly agreed to help, though in exchange for knowing more about Hinatao. But that was a story for another time....

Claiming quest completion:

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/4906-f02-«let-there-be-light»/

4 Skill points (1 event, 1 thread, 2 quest)

400 col

(300 Col) A Col Value of your Loot Dice multiplied by 25 [ Party leader rolls LD. All players receive that amount

1 T1 material

ID# 142561 results:

Loot: 12 * 25 = 300

Edited by Arabelle
+1 T1 mat | see post no. 1