(PP-F1) The Ebon Vanguard admission (Jace, Saix)

As Jace walked floor one he looked for something to do. Then he saw him. Saix. He ran to Saix who he knew was the leader of the Ebon Vanguard. A PKKer guild. He knew he wanted to be apart. Anyway they were almost the lead group. Maybe they were the lead group. Finally reaching Saix he asked if he could join and awaited an answer.

Saix often visited the First Floor at about this time each day. Most players tended to avoid the First Floor once they got their start in the game, wanting to get away from bad memories associated with the Plaza where GM Kayaba Akihiko had made his fateful announcement that their fun game had become a life or death experience. Most players who still stayed in this City were either running crafting shops or the thousands of players who refused to move into the game and had resolved to patiently wait for the game to be cleared.

But Saix liked to consider himself more open minded then that. He knew that the high number of shops, NPC craftsmen, and other such assorted wares made this Floor a prime place to watch for new information. So when Jace happened upon him, the Crimson Lightning was seated in an outdoor cafe, drinking a rather good imitation of coffee and reading the latest news on the game in the form of the 'Guide Book'. In particular, rumors of a new quest that had been hinted at, but not confirmed, were of particular interest for him.

Where others might have been surprised or off guard to have a player suddenly come running up to them, Saix took the encounter in stride, and after taking a moment to sip at the coffee he held and give the player a speculative gaze, he set his beverage down very carefully and brought one hand up to brush his lips as he leaned back in his chair. "Why?" He asked, finally, his dark eyes gleaming with curiosity. "What makes you want to join my guild?" The question is phrased casually, but Jace could tell by his posture and gaze that it was anything but casual conversation. Saix wanted something in his answer, something important.

Jace seen Saix wanted something in his answer. A few things actually. One I want to serve the Ebon Vanguard and help protect a group of people. I want to stop players from killing others for fun.I mean if you die here you die in real life. And I also want to be a part of a team. Do something. Help others. Help out the guild. I wish to serve you and the guild maybe sparing my life for it if I have to. I don't want to die but I will protect my fellow members. I wish to help others beat this death game.

Saix's gaze didn't falter as the man spoke, nor did his serious expression change. When Jace finished, he remained silent and speculative, as though he were working through his thoughts. "I believe you." He said at last, the serious expression fading as he smiled and took another sip of his coffee before abruptly standing. With his magnificent red coat and rapier he looked quite dashing, and the mischievous smile only served to accentuate that look. "Well, in that case what I really need to see is how you handle yourself in combat." He said, rolling his shoulder. Two ways we can do that. Either we can look for a good Mini-Boss to take on, or we can have ourselves a little duel." His dark eyes gleamed with interest at the impending choice. "It's up to you."

Looking at all of Saix's weapons he said I think we should find a good mini boss to fight. Silvee he said to his familiar go to my shop and lay down. He seen Silvee running off. He brought up the HUD and touched his sword and gauntlets from his inventory and they in a blue flash of light the gauntlets were on his hands and his sword was at his side in his sheath. Now where do you think is a good mini boss. I can handle quite a hit.

Saix laughed at his concern. "Don't think of it as a matter of Gear or Equipment; this wouldn't be a serious duel I just want to see how you handle yourself under pressure. However, if you want to take on some strong monsters, how about we head on up to Floor 5 and take on a few Sand Scorpions?" He said, always ready to farm a few crafting materials. The poisoned stingers would do wonders for increasing his stocks of available poisons to tinker with in his Alchemy shop.

Saix followed enthusiastically, his hands in the pocket of his long red coat. "Alright, so this is how this is going to work. From here on out, it's your show. You lead the 'party' and get us to where we need to go. I'm here in case you need the help, but I want to see how you do in the field, without me giving orders or taking charge. So, we need to teleport our way over to Armadillo. Lead the way."

After Jace had teleported away, Saix stepped up onto the Warp Plaza and repeated the destination "Teleport... Armadillo." Suddenly he was standing under a hot sun that he was very thankful was not real. Dehydration wasn't quite a real danger in this world, something he was very thankful for, but that didn't mean the environmental controls didn't try to emulate the heat. With a sigh, he unequipped his leather longcoat, deciding he would be miserable if he tried wandering the desert in that. "Alright, they are pretty common out in the desert, so lead on."

Jace started heading out into the desert with Saix following. He searched the desert for the small sign of the scorpions. He grabbed his blade as he finally found a sign of them. Scuttle tracks that led about 2 blocks ahead where he seen two sand scorpions. He showed Saix and started to jog toward the scorpion,

Following along under the scorching sun, Saix readied his Rapier and followed Jace towards the two targets. "Alright Jace, these guys aren't push overs, but they aren't too bad. 10 hp each, no big deal for the two of us working together." Said Saix, as he followed Jace and waited for him to choose a target. Saix was willing to let him do his thing, stepping in only if necessary.

Okay I will take them on first. Then after me and my familiar attack I will yell switch if one hits me. If not i will go another round. He grabbed his perfect curved sword Skyslicer and charged. He totally missed. Enemy die (loot die)

1-10 miss 11-16 hit 17-20 critical. The scorpion both attacked him and Silvee. They each loss two HP. Switch he yelled being mobbed.

Jace 16/18

Silvee 11/13

Saix 17/17

Readying his sword before him, Saix switched forward letting Jace make a quick escape. With a cocky grin Saix charged his <> sword skill, releasing the blisteringly fast sword skill in a blur, his sword moving too fast to be seen. The needle like blade sliding right between the Scorpion's eyes with pinpoint accuracy. "Switch back whenever you are ready." Saix said, nonchalantly.

Damage: 1 + 1 (crit) + 3 (weapon)

Saix: 17/17

Jace: 16/18

Scorpion 1: 5/10

Scorpion 2: 10/10

Okay fine then switch he said charging at the second scorpion.'his familiar attacked number two as well. He jumped up using the skill vertical square to try to make a square attacking the scorpion. He hit for four damage ( hit times 4) and then his familiar hot it (loot die) (9 and up crit) for two

Jace 16/18

Silvee 11/13

Saix 17/17

Scorpion 5/10

Scorpion 4/10

"Not bad, not bad..." Saix said, with a grin as he stepped in and loosed a quick thrust with his rapier, the agile black blade gleaming under the harsh sun of the desert wasteland. He didn't need to rely on sword skills, 10+ years of fencing experience had given him plenty of knowledge and experience on exactly how to wield this type of sword effectively, and it definitely showed. The keen blade popped the Scorpion's eye with frightening accuracy, eliciting an ear splitting screech of pain.

Damage: 1 + 2 (Weapon) = 3

Jace 16/18

Silvee 11/13

Saix 17/17

Scorpion 2/10

Scorpion 4/10

Sidestepping the Scorpion's bulk as it tried to turn, Saix readied his blade gracefully and thrust again, seemingly having fun outright destroying his enemy. It was pretty rare to find a Rapier user in the game, as so many gravitated towards the One-Handed Straight Sword and Katana weapon skills. But even Saix missed his mark occasionally, because as the Scorpion thrashed back and forth, his blade was deflected off the carapace, narrowly missing the killing blow. Damn.

Jace 16/18

Silvee 11/13

Saix 17/17

Scorpion 2/10

Scorpion 4/10

Bringing the elegant rapier up before his face, Saix narrowed his eyes and found his preferred target. He had not decided to wield the Rapier simply because of his fencing experience. No, Saix had chosen the weapon because of all the weapons of SAO, the Rapier was the perfect balance of speed and precision. When he thrust, his blade practically disappeared, before burying itself deep in the eye of his enemy. The great Scorpion gave a single shudder, before bursting into fragments.

Jace 16/18

Silvee 11/13

Saix 17/17

Scorpion 0/10

Scorpion 4/10