[PP-F1] Let's Get Started! <<TFFLAF>>

Astralin had been needing to get started on those beginner quests, but she knew little of what they would hold. She had yet to attain what she needed for the Martial Arts skill, despite that she now had the skill, thanks to someone who was kind enough to help her out. Of course, until she has even a single rank in the skill, she was still only a healer, incapable of combat. She started her way over towards the shop where she could be given the quest, but she was still nervous, for she didn't know if it would have any combat or not. Granted, she had some light armor that fit her style, but it had its limits, the given bonuses would not help her last for very long if she could only deal one point of damage every time... She would continue her pace, until she made a sharp turn around a corner and bumped into someone. "Aaagh!! Oh, I'm so sorry, are you alright?"

@Shye

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 3

Max HP: 60

Max EN: 6

Base DMG: 1

EVA: 2

REC: 1

Equipment:

Gloves of the Astral Storm(1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)[Equipped]

Alkarina's Resolve(2 EVA, 1 REC)[Equipped]

Astral Cape(Vanity Clothing) [Equipped]

Sticky Ricky(3 DMG)

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Skills:

First Aid Rank 1

Martial Arts[Unskilled, sword arts unavailable]

Shye was just walking out of the Evening Star, trying on her new set of headphones and getting the fastener on her belt clipped to her makeup pack. It was a bit heavy on her waist but it wouldn't take long to get used to. She rounded the corner back to the hotel she was going to be staying at just to collide with another person. She fell onto her back end and quickly adjusted her skirt so no one could see her delicates.

"This happens way to often for my liking..." She mumbled to herself while the other person apologized. Shye just smiled and stood to her feet. "Ah, I'm fine, don't worry. Are you alright? I have a habit of running over people like that on accident. I really need to pay more attention..." She held out her hand, seeing as how this person wasn't an NPC. "Ch- I mean Shye. Nice to meet you."

@Astralin

Spoiler

General
Level: 1 | HP:  20/20 | Energy: 2/2

Stats
DMG: 1 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | LD 3 | Rec 1

Skills
First Aid | R1+1

Equipment(In use)
Butterfly Headphones: LD 3
Gaea Foundation: Expertise/Recovery
Vanity Light Armor

Edited by Shye

The girl would simply stand up with a smile, saying that she was fine, and then asking if Astralin was alright. "Yeah, I'm fine..." She answered. "Ah, I don't think you're alone in that one, I've had my share of bumping into people, to be honest..." She noted with a nervous chuckle, her left hand behind her head. The girl would hold out her hand to Astralin, and introduce herself as Shye, although almost blurting out her real name. Astralin smiled, and she accepted the handshake. "Nice to meet you too, Shye, cute username, by the way. I'm Li- Astralin! My name is Astralin." Whoops, it seems that she'd done it again. She'd almost blurted out her real name. "Well, I guess we're in the same boat in terms of introductions...I mean, I know I've done my fair share of games, but this one is just so lifelike..." She admitted. 

@Shye

Chelsea was already starting to like this person. They seemed just as timid as her, like many other people that she had met. It was easy for two timid people to get along if you could just get them to talk with each other it seemed. She had told Shye that her username was cute. Though, she couldn't remember why she had chosen Shye as a username, it did suit her rather well.

"O-Oh thank you. Astralin is quite the elegant name as well." Her expression changed pretty quickly when she seemed to try and make a comment about being a gamer before hand. Again she would have to tell someone that she had no idea what she was doing or how to play the game 100% properly. "O-Oh, right it is pretty life like... Though I don't have much to compare it to besides the real world. I've never played video games, until now." No matter how many times she explained that, she knew the person that she said it to would have a reaction like she was crazy.

@Astralin

Astralin's compliment on Shye's username was taken well. Shye even noted that the name Astralin was quite an elegant one. While it wasn't taken as a wondrous and mystical name, elegant was also a fitting word to describe it. "Aw, thanks!" 

Shye's expression seemed to change when Astralin admitted that she was a gamer who found this game to be lifelike, and she admitted that this was her first game. "Wait, really?" Astralin asked, a bit surprised. She had heard rumors that this was a first game to some people, and now here she was, standing in front of living proof of this. "Wow, so there really are some first-timers trapped in here... Must have been more than just one heck of a first day huh?" Astralin remarked, whilst hoping this wouldn't bring any negative thoughts... "I'm not being too up front, am I? This must be hard for her, it's her first game and it threatens her life..." She thought to herself.

@Shye

Shye took a moment to breathe and collect herself. It was difficult to understand a life or death situation without any kind of context to how that situation even functions. It was really enough for to understand one thing though, if her HP bar hit zero, she would be gone. That wasn't going to happen with her doing something about it.

"I was pretty traumatize on my first month here. I think I cried without end for days. I'm here because of an unfortunate prank, but I've matured in the past two years enough to make up my mind. I'd rather learn how to help than be a coward for the rest of my life." Coming out of the cage was always so hard for her in real life, but most people in this game were too nice. 

"You seemed like you were in a hurry earlier. What were yo up to?"

@Astralin

Astralin listened to Shye's explanation, and felt horrible that she had to go through that. Astralin would have a shocked expression on her face when she learned of this. "I...I can't believe you were put through that... They...they didn't know, did they? What could they have done to you? Who did this to you, even?" She could hardly understand why it would be a prank that got her here...so something clearly seemed off to her in some way. "I...I'm sorry, I didn't need to ask that...I guess we're all slowly but surely taking the courage to do something, aren't we?" She remarked. "I know it wasn't easy for me either. I might not have found myself crying, but you could sure bet that I was terrified at first. All of us have only one life in this game, tied to our actual ones in the real world... Now we live in a world riddled with dangers. Warriors, monsters, quests...but...no magic. I actually got this game due to its genre, thinking that magic was a given in such games...well it looks like I was wrong. There do seem to be a few potential loopholes, though..." She explained. Shye would note that Astralin seemed to be in a hurry, and asked her what she was up to.

"I was on my way to finally getting to those beginner quests. I mean, it's now or never, I guess."

@Shye

Shye shook her head in remark to her saying she shouldn't have asked. "My brother knows that I'm skittish so when he bought his Nervegear, he had me do the calibration and turned the game on for me with the command. I got sucked in and couldn't log out. I've never played a video game before, so yeah it was pretty terrifying for me at first. Now I just want to help and heal people."

Her ears perked at the sound of doing the beginner quest. She had already beat it, but so far is was a good way to meet new people! "The beginners quest so easy and not scary at all! May I join you? You can barrow my headphones, the help boost a players luck in finding materials. That is if you don't already have your own item that doesn't do that same thing." The girl clasped her hands together and gave the blonde a warm smile.

@Astralin

• 2 weeks later...

"That sounds like a terrible practical joke to put someone through." Astralin noted with her arms crossed in response to the explanation. "But then again, he might not have known...I'm sure he's probably feeling remorseful about what he had unintentionally done to you. Some siblings can be jerks or practical jokers, but they don't think they're doing actual harm..." She remarked. "I guess that's just my opinion. I don't mind healing myself, but I also like the potential of damage dealing. I may have gotten by with healing others who came back to the safe zone in a hurry, being chased by monsters that couldn't reach them here...but I gotta do something at some point. I ran into someone who was able to help me unlock the Martial Arts skill...simply because I don't prefer blades or bulky bludgeons... Problem is, I can't exactly use it until i've leveled up...I don't have far to go for that, but I gotta actually do something first." She explained, rambling slightly.

Shye explained that she had taken the Beginner quest before, and that there was nothing to be afraid of. "Wait, really?" Astralin asked. Shye asked if she could join in, and that Astralin could borrow her headphones if she needed to, saying they help players with gathering. "Sure, I don't mind you joining at all! I'll accept the offer...and thank you for telling me that there's gathering involved in the quest." She said with a bright smile.

Astralin then took a look at her surroundings...and realized that she'd gotten so wrapped up in the conversation that she'd lost track of where she was and the path to where the quest was given. "Uh oh... Um...I think I might have forgotten where I am...this is such a big place, after all, and I only recently was told the directions before I bumped into you...if you still know where the quest giver is, do you mind leading the way?" She asked Shye.

@Shye

Seeing as how she was the most experienced with the quest subject, it would be best if she took the lead. While they were walking, she took off her headphones and handed them over to Astralin and gave her a smile.

"Here, you don't have to wear them, but as long as you're wearing these, you'll always have a little better of luck trying to find the materials that you need to complete the quest. It can be kind of annoying to do since some times the game like to play tricks on you and not spawn materials for some time." When they arrived at Zachriah's shop, he led her through the quest details and told her to find him what he needed. After that, she continued to lead Astralin out of the safe zone.

"Here we are. Go ahead and start looking around. I'd help, but the system won't let you use materials I send you for the quest."

@Astralin