[F06-SP] My Reflection <<The Gemini>> (COMPLETE)

Spoiler

Snow Level: 6
|| HP: 120 || EN: 12 ||
Valkyrie Set: || DMG: 4 || ACC: 1 || MIT: 35 || RGN: 10 || BLD: 12/8-10 || 
» Sif's Needle [+1 ACC] [+2 BLD] [Obtained Here]
» Freya's Blessing [+18 MIT] [+5 RGN] [Obtained Here]
» Gwendolyn's Wings [+9 MIT] [+10 RGN] [
Obtained Here]

»HEAVY ARMOR: RANK 1
»TWO HANDED ASSAULT SPEAR - RANK 1
[x1 AoE] Sonic Charge (1 Energy +2 per target hit) - A forward thrust which explodes energy at the end of the move.
[x2 Stun] Twin Thrust (5 Energy) - A pair of quick thrusts aimed at the user's knees to immobilize them.
[x2] Heft (2 Energy) - Lift the heavy end of the spear diagonally across your opponent from the ground, cutting their torso with the tip.

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||
Critical Hits: DMG +6 on a natural MD 9, DMG +12 on a natural MD 10.
<<Disguise>>: +1 ACC to <<The Gemini>>'s first attack.

Once combat begins, there is no running away from the battle. <<The Gemini>> will attack first, before the player, meaning the Charge skill cannot be used against it. <<The Gemini>> does not have any items, skills, or equipment besides the appearance of the gear the player is wearing when combat begins.

On the killing blow, <<The Gemini>> is instead reduced to one health and is spared. Player gains the <<Concentration>> skill.

If <<The Gemini>> would deal the killing blow to a player, they are instead reduced to one health. <<The Gemini>> will end the combat and the player will have failed the quest (no quest rewards are earned). If they wish to try <<The Gemini>>'s challenge again, they must attempt the quest again in a new thread.

"You look pretty strong." A hooded figure approached Snow and offered a simple challenge.

"I'm looking to test my skills. If you beat me, I'll teach you a hidden skill. What do you say?"

Snow cocked her hips to the side and propped her weight against the haft of her spear. She looked at the NPC with a judgmental brow. Plain clothes, no weapon, and hard to tell if he had any strength at all. This was a game, so there had to be a catch. The valkyrie placed a finger on her lips in thought.

"Alright, you have a deal." The quest pact had been sealed.

They traveled to a suitable location outside of the city's safe zone in silence. When the hooded figure turned to face Snow, they revealed themselves. Snow immediately set her stance and placed the blade of Sif's Needle between the two of them. The stranger wore Snow's armor, held her spear in it's hand, and grinned with a replica of her face. The sight alone jarred her on a primitive level. Her mind raced.

"It's just a game! It's just a game! It's just a game!" repeated in the back of her head. Her heart raced. The instincts inside her cried out how wrong the sight before her was and she wanted to flee. Above all that, Snow knew this doppelganger wouldn't make that so easy.

"Now..." The same voice as her own spoke. "Let's begin..."

Spoiler

ID#146739
Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 60/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

MD7 + 1ACC=HIT
30DMG - 35MIT = 1DMG

|| HP: 120 || EN: 12 ||
Regen Activated 0/3 Turns
Basic Attack (-1 EN)
+10 HP Regen (1/3 Turns)
BD9 (CRIT) + 1ACC = HIT, CRITICAL, BLD Activated
4DMG + 1CRIT - 10MIT = 1DMG, BLD Applied

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 59/60 || BLD 0/2 ||
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 11/12 || RGN 1/3 ||

The imitation lunged, Snow still shaken by the realistic copy of herself now attacking her. The valkyrie moved the tip of her spear to intercept the attack and deflect the blow only to offset its trajectory and deflect off her armor. A slight tingle crept into her side and the HUD in the corner of her vision ticked down a point. Snow's teeth clenched in the middle of her instep and she used the full force of her back to twist her torso and bring the golden blade of Sif's Needle across the copy's neck. Her shaft bent with the force of the blow and bit deep.

The two stepped back at the same time in eerie tempo, but her doppelganger clutched at the pouring red pixels falling from its neck.

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

ID# 146756 results: || BD: 6 || CD: 9 || LD: 9 || MD: 8 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 59/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

BLEEDING -12HP (Turn 1/2)
MD8 + 1ACC=HIT

30DMG - 35MIT = 1DMG to Snow

|| HP: 119/120 || EN: 11/12 ||
+1 EN Natural Recovery
+10 HP (REGEN ACTIVATED Turn 1/3)

Twin Thrust [x2 Stun] (-5 EN)
BD6 + 1ACC = HIT
(4DMG x2 , STUN) 8DMG - 10MIT = 1DMG, STN Applied

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 47/60 || BLD 1/2 || STN 0/1 ||
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 7/12 || RGN 1/3 ||

"Not bad," The voice from Gemini sounded muffled and altered as though the blow to the throat actually damaged its ability to speak. The words sounded even more haunting to Snow. She felt a chill form at the base of her neck and slither all the way down to the core of her back. 

"No." The single word left Snow's lips with a staggering venom. The image of herself began to open doors long closed and locked in her mind. The guilt of losing Daire. The helplessness of listening to Opal's woes before she too lost her. Snow felt like she was now fighting the culmination of her actions, her decisions and choices. She felt as though he negativity of them all stood before her.

"It's just a game," she mumbled through unstable tones. "It's just a game!"

The copy grinned and lunged again. Snow brought Sif to meet the attack. This time, the reflection's blow glanced off Snow's helmet. The proximity to her head and imminent threat of a mortal blow flew Snow into a frenzy. She led an aggressive step inward as her foe bounded back to avoid a second deadly strike. The pull of Cardinal caught and launched two lighting blows into the knees of her opponent. The faint cerulean glow of Snow's sword art flashed and dissipated in a shower of aural light.

Edited by Snow

Spoiler

ID# 146822 results: || BD: 6 || CD: 9 || LD: 14 || MD: 6 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 47/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

BLEEDING -12HP (Turn 2/2)
STUNNED 1/1

|| HP: 120/120 || EN: 7/12 ||
+1 EN Natural Recovery
+10 HP (REGEN ACTIVATED Turn 2/3)

Basic Attack (-1 EN)
BD6 + 1ACC = HIT
4DMG - 10MIT = 1DMG

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 34/60 || BLD 2/2 || STN 1/1 ||
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 7/12 || RGN 2/3 ||

Her shadow buckled. The spear that held it up kept Snow from a swift coup de grace. Her adrenaline coursed through her veins and her chest heaved. The last of her sword art's light dissipated, her stance was wide, spear tip low to the ground, and her fierce gaze locked onto the embodiment of her bottled emotions.

"Not bad..." The Gemini chuckled in its distorted voice. One hand cupped at its throat while the other kept it propped up against the spear. 

Snow knew it was just game. Something pre-programmed and run by some higher chain of command. It didn't know her. It didn't see inside her head or know her personality. Just a copy of her, attacking her.

But the image... seeing it. Hearing it. The percussion of facing yourself...

"Shut up," Snow barked. "I hate this game!"

She lunged wildly, eyes closed. The tip of Sif's Needle struck the shoulder pauldron of her mimic and glanced off with a loud gong. 

Edited by Snow

Spoiler

ID# 146823 results: || BD: 7 || CD: 9 || LD: 14 || MD: 10 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 34/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

MD 10 = Perfect CRIT
(30 DMG + 12 CRIT) - 35 MIT = 7 DMG 

+1 EN Natural Recovery
+10 HP (REGEN ACTIVATED Turn 1/3)

Basic Attack (-1 EN)
BD6 + 1ACC = HIT
4DMG - 10MIT = 1DMG

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 33/60 || 
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 7/12 || RGN 1/3 ||

"Weak, just like you," mocked the copy. It lifted itself from the ground, butt of the shaft connecting with Snow's chin. 

She staggered back from the force of the blow. A slight tingle filled her head conveying the depth of the damage, but the second, intense numbness that followed in her throat forced her back further. From her neck poured glowing red chips of digital blood. Less disturbing than actual blood, Snow's mind heightened with the gravity of the blow. Wild, azure eyes burned and fixed on the imitation.

"How does that feel?" Her copy assumed an aggressive stance with lance held high. A sinister grin spread across its face, voice no longer skewed by Snow's cleaving blow.

The girl opened her mouth to reply. She swore her lips formed the words, but no sound resonated in her ears. The blow robbed her of her voice and the pace of Snow's heart quickened. Her only option spurred another strike from Sif's Needle. The blow came wide and fierce, blunted by the copy's parry. Snow pressed her weight into the follow though and marred the metal plating across her doppelganger's chest. 

Edited by Snow

Spoiler

ID# 146824 results: || BD: 3 || CD: 8 || LD: 12 || MD: 3 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 33/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

MD 3 = MISS 

+1 EN Natural Recovery
+10 HP (REGEN ACTIVATED Turn 2/3)

Missed Basic Attack (-2 EN)
BD3 + 1ACC = MISS

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 33/60 || 
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 6/12 || RGN 2/3 ||

Both parties stepped apart. Snow took the distance to clutch her neck, but the spill of red polygons halted. A faint green aura lingered on her hand. The blonde tried to make a noise and felt immediate relief to hear her own voice. It absolved her panic to the point she forgot the tingle of damage vanished entirely from her body. She caught a glimpse of motion in the corner of her HUD as the few ticks of missing health slowly replenished.

"Regeneration..." mumbled the girl. She had become so absorbed in the shock of her reflection, elements of the game slipped her mind. The stress and panic melted away further.

"What?!" Cried her copy. "How?!"

Snow turned up her gaze and straightened her posture. The stiffness relaxed out of her stance and a cold, calculated calm settled into her expression. 

"This is just a game." Those words slipped through soft lips with the sharpness of a dozen blades.

Edited by Snow

Spoiler

ID# 146825 results: || BD: 7 || CD: 8 || LD: 2 || MD: 4 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 33/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

MD 4 = MISS 

|| HP: 120/120 || EN: 6/12 ||
+1 EN Natural Recovery
+10 HP (REGEN ACTIVATED Turn 3/3)

Basic Attack (-1 EN)
BD7 + 1ACC = HIT
4DMG - 10MIT = 1DMG

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 32/60 || 
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 6/12 || RGN 3/3 ||

Snow rose the tip of her spear level to the gemini, eyes harsh and focused. Her foes grip tightened on the shaft of an identical weapon but lacked the resolve only a player could exhibit. It saw its original advance and moved to impale her. Snow pressured the middle of the shaft with a clockwise motion of her palm as the two lengths of metal collided. They sang against one another, but the motion Snow forced into her weapon wrapped and repelled the copy's defensive thrust.

The weapon's tip bit into the shoulder of the gemini. A tick of health fell from the bar above its head.

Thought she felt the blow firmly connect, this imitation also shared her heavy armor. Snow knew she wasn't meant for offense and it showed. She needed to be exact. She needed to target the openings in the armor. There, she knew she would find the upper hand.

Snow broke away and twisted, swinging the spear high for a blow to the head.

Edited by Snow

Spoiler

ID# 146826 results: || BD: 6 || CD: 7 || LD: 19 || MD: 3 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 32/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

MD 3 = MISS 

+1 EN Natural Recovery
Basic Attack (-1 EN)
BD6 + 1ACC = HIT
4DMG - 10MIT = 1DMG

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 31/60 || 
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 6/12 ||

The copy tried to strafe away from the previous blow only to be met with the blunt length of Snow's weapon. The loud echo of metal against the helmet they both wore resounded in the woods around them. The shadow staggered and Snow broke her advance.

"I know you're just a piece of code," Snow spoke, her tone still sharp. "But I hate that you're me. I hate that I'm fighting you. I hate that this is how this quest goes."

The mimic looked up with its hand against the side of its head. Again it grinned and made Snow sick to her stomach. 

"What, you can't face yourself?" It chided. The words bit into Snow despite knowing all of this was scripted or programmed by some advanced AI.

"Stop talking," the blonde warned. Her racing thoughts of guilt, cowardice, and longing took the forefront of her mind. "You don't know me. You wouldn't understand what I've been through! This is such a cruel thing to do, Kayaba!"

Her words rang out into the depths of the woods for no one to hear. 

Edited by Snow

Spoiler

ID# 146827 results: || BD: 6 || CD: 12 || LD: 12 || MD: 1 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 31/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

MD 1 = MISS 

+1 EN Natural Recovery
Basic Attack (-1 EN)
BD6 + 1ACC = HIT
4DMG - 10MIT = 1DMG

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 30/60 || 
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 6/12 || 

"Are you afraid to face what you've done?" The gemini's words in her own voice crawled beneath the girl's skin. She didn't do anything. She didn't do...

"SHUT UP!" She screamed. Snow blindly charged again.

As her feet pounded into the dead leaves and damp soil below, memories of Daire's smile flooded her thoughts. Opal sat in her relaxed and confident pose and took a sip from a beer that would never get her drunk. The image of a single rose left beside a black slab of scratched out names. Finally, a room of white with one girl stood in the middle, she smiled blissfully. She was alone. She was isolated. She was Snow.

The gemini moved to avoid Snow. It cleared the brunt of her attack but the momentum of her charge slammed them into one another. Snow lost her footing, tripped into the bushes on the perimeter of the clearing, and prevented a fall with the help of a tree's trunk.

Edited by Snow

Spoiler

ID# 146828 results: || BD: 2 || CD: 6 || LD: 18 || MD: 7 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 30/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

MD 7 = HIT
30DMG - 35MIT = 1DMG

+1 EN Natural Recovery
+10HP Regen (1/3 Turns)

BD4 + 1ACC = MISS
Missed Basic Attack (-2 EN)

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 30/60 || 
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 5/12 || RGN 1/3 ||

The shadow took advantage of Snow's footing and the girl felt a numbness in her back. She felt her weight forced further into the tree. She swung behind her to retaliate but only found leaves, branches, and air.

"Hey Alyssa, I heard about this new game I'd like you to try," echoed Daire's voice in her mind. "I did a little work for them in the early design stages."

Snow finally found the round length buried in her back and uprooted it from her with a quick spin. The maneuver dropped her to the ground, tangled in underbrush.

"I don't think I can do this." Snow remembered her words to Daire after they learned of being trapped. "I can't do this."

"Giving up already?" teased her reflection.

"Stop," Snow begged. She knew she wasn't in danger. She knew it couldn't hurt her, but it tore open old wounds she thought healed.

"Please stop..." The words weren't for anyone but herself. She knew where these memories lead.

Spoiler

ID# 146829 results: || BD: 7 || CD: 10 || LD: 9 || MD: 5 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 30/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

MD5 = MISS

+1 EN Natural Recovery
+10HP Regen (2/3 Turns)

BD7 + 1ACC = HIT
Basic Attack (-1 EN)
4DMG - 10MIT = 1DMG

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 29/60 || 
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 5/12 || RGN 2/3 ||

"Hey Snow..." The beginning of that message began to read out from its permanent etching in her mind. "I have some news about Last_Chance..."

"Well, if you're going to sit there..." Her copy began to charge. Snow could hear the footsteps. She felt despair seize her muscles.

"She didn't make it... The floor boss... I'm sorry. If you need anything..." The thought trailed off. Her senses dulled. She felt as though the forest faded away to that girl alone in the white room. Safe, alone, content not leaving.

"Listen," Daire's voice echoed in the room. "I know you're scared, but I can't just sit here and wait while others are out doing something to get us all out of here. I'm going to go help. We owe it to ourselves and everyone trapped in here with us. If you want to stay here, I understand. Just, keep in touch okay? I'll keep visiting. I just want to make sure you're okay."

Snow's heart felt like breaking all over.

"But if something happens to me. If I don't make it..."

"Daire, no. Please! Don't say that!"

"If I don't make it, you have to get out of here for both of us. Whatever that takes. You have to go back for the both of us."

Snow clenched her teeth. The drumming of feet neared. She shot her hand up and grabbed Gemini's spear. Fire burned in her eyes filled with tears as she thrust a counter-blow into the artificial duplicate.

Edited by Snow

Spoiler

ID# 146830 results: || BD: 9 || CD: 8 || LD: 8 || MD: 2 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 29/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

MD2 = MISS

+1 EN Natural Recovery
+10HP Regen (3/3 Turns)

BD9 + 1ACC = HIT (CRITICAL), BLD Applied!
Basic Attack (-1 EN)
(4DMG + 1CRIT) - 10MIT = 1DMG, BLD Applied 0/2

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 28/60 || BLD 0/2 ||
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 5/12 || RGN 3/3 ||

"I have to..." Snow spoke. She pushed forward and knocked the Gemini to its back. She threw its spear back to it as she rose to her feet. The blonde looked down upon it with pity. She looked at herself on the floor. She felt pity for her past, for her inability to act. Snow rose her weapon.

"I have to... for the both of us." Resolve filled her words -- words spoken only to herself.

"Please," the imitation begged.

The blonde shook her head with a scowl and buried Sif's Needle deep between the metal plating where her stomach was exposed. The mimic's health bar dipped and slowly drained. 

"I should have done this sooner..." Snow spoke. She watched the copy feign a pained expression and clutch the object that invaded its innards. Pinned and powerless, Snow began to understand. She understood what the result of her inaction meant. She understood what Daire felt as she faced the end. She understood her resolve.

Edited by Snow

Spoiler

ID# 146831 results: || BD: 5 || CD: 1 || LD: 14 || MD: 1 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 28/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

BLEEDING -12HP (1/2)
MD1 = MISS

+1 EN Natural Recovery
BD5 + 1ACC = HIT
Basic Attack (-1 EN)
4DMG - 10MIT = 1DMG

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 15/60 || BLD 1/2 ||
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 5/12 || 

"If I don't, someone else will die," Snow spoke, eyes red from her relapse into sealed trauma. She looked into the imitation of herself and saw weakness. The young woman lifted the blade from it and red pixels flowed forth to the forest floor. Fate, as it were, sunk into the copy. Mathematically, it knew its fate as did Snow. In these next fleeting moments, it would continue to bleed until it vanished forever. Unlike her friends, Kayaba's cruel invention of a quest would populate once more to prey on another player.

It sickened her.

"So many people will die. All because of one twisted man." Snow walked up to her copy. It held out a hand as though to stop her and Snow drove her spear through its palm.

"Please, I don't want to die," it spoke. "I give up."

"You don't get to decide that!" Snow shouted to it, but she hoped her words would carry to its creator.

Edited by Snow

Spoiler

ID# 146832 results: || BD: 8 || CD: 4 || LD: 4 || MD: 10 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 15/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

BLEEDING -12HP (2/2)
MD10 = Perfect Crit
(30DMG + 12CRIT) - 36MIT = 7 DMG

+1 EN Natural Recovery
+10HP REGEN (1/3 Turns)

BD8 + 1ACC = HIT, BLD Refreshed
Basic Attack (-1 EN)
4DMG - 10MIT = 1DMG, Bleed Refreshed 0/2

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 2/60 || BLD 0/2 ||
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 5/12 || RGN 1/3 ||

In a last ditch effort to preserve itself, the image of Snow's failures dug its spear deep into her chest. The girl felt a numbness in her breast that already lingered from the memory of her losses. The few ticks of lost health replenished and the spearwoman never broke focus on her reflection.

"I'm sorry, let me go! Please!" The words were just programming. Dialogue to round out some reality to the game. 

Snow snarled and slammed her spear through the NPC's thigh and into the earth beneath. The gemini howled in pain and began to softly weep. It's body heaved. Red polygons freely spilled from its avatar.

"I'm going to finish this." The stern words followed the removal of the copy's weapon from her chest. As she watched the reflection of herself suffer, unable to fight back, and engrossed in the acceptance of its fate, Snow felt her malice pull away.

The image at her feet. The red bar above its head slowly diminished. It's imitation weeps embracing the end.

Snow saw into the possible future in this moment. The sight before her briefly called the memory of Daire. Was this how she felt in the end? Is this what Snow would feel in the end?

"You win..." Words slipped through damp sobs.

"What a cruel quest, Kayaba..."

Edited by Snow

Spoiler

ID# 146833 results: || BD: 2 || CD: 12 || LD: 13 || MD: 1 ||

Snow's Gemini
|| HP: 2/60 || DMG: 30 || MIT: 10 ||

BLEEDING -12 HP (1/2)

<<Gemini Reduced to 1HP>>

<<Snow spares The Gemini>>

<<Gemini Flees>>

End Stats:
Snow's Gemini || HP: 1/60 || BLD 1/2 || <<Flees from Battle>>
Snow || 
HP: 120/120 || EN: 5/12 || RGN 2/3 ||

"Alright." Snow planted the butt of her weapon beside her. "You're free to go."

Her reflection looked up with reddened eyes. The pity Snow felt was almost as unbearable as the pain it caused her. The red of its HP bar halted shy of the final pixel and the scars across its avatar mended. The gemini rose from the ground to compose itself. 

"Very good," its voice reverted to when Snow met it. "Compassion, resolve, forgiveness..."

"I don't forgive you," Snow interrupted. "Just get on with it and get out of here."

"Very well." The NPC held out its hand and a menu appeared for Snow to accept. She plainly took its offer of the <<Concentration>> skill. How apt. "You've bested me through your sheer focus and determination. May this skill serve you well for what's to come."

An ominous message from a horrid quest giver. On its last word, a column of light akin to a player teleport removed it from Snow's sight.

Edited by Snow

Snow let out a deep sigh of relief and collapsed where she stood. She cupped her face and focused on her steady, slow breaths. She needed to ground herself. For a game, it immersed everyone into a second reality. It almost always felt like this had become her new reality. Years inside this prison, the she could barely if at all tell the subtle differences of a real smell versus a simulated one. The breeze here felt just like the warm winds in her old apartment. There, her body lay numb and limp. Here, she had control, could feel, see, taste.

The pounding in her chest began to calm.

Sword Art Online was supposed to be an escape -- a game to take a load off from the real world. Right now, Snow wished she could find an escape from this world. If Kayaba put more sinister tricks in the system compared to this one, she doubted she would have the fortitude to handle it. Then, she remembered her words.

A weary face emerged from her hands. She took a breath and reached for her spear to help her lift off the ground.

She rose up and dusted herself off. She had to carry on for all of them. She place Sif's Needle on her back, held by whatever physics the game deemed appropriate. Snow decided she would make the most of the day. With her new skill, she decided to try it out on a lower level trash mob. The forested area The Gemini took her consisted mostly of these small creatures and had become a popular spot for players to collect ingredients. If lucky, they could find a Ragout Rabbit, a rare ingredient used to craft a particularly helpful meal. Despite the stat perks, players raved about the amazing flavors once prepared by a high enough level chef.

Snow dabbed at the corners of her eyes to relieve any moisture that had resided after her confrontation. 

Refreshed to the best of her ability. Snow set out to find a target. After all that, it had better been worth it.

Spoiler

ID# 147056 results: || BD4 + 1ACC + 1CON (HIT) || CD 1 || LD 17 MAT GATHERED || MOB 9 ||
BD Roll for mock "Hunting" accuracy.
+1 Material

Snow's mind wandered. She kept thinking about her purpose. She kept thinking about what she would do on Aincrad to continue on the legacy left behind for her. The foliage of the forest she walked past became a blur. The blonde focused inward instead of toward location a trash mob to hunt for ingredients. A small, high pitched squeal snapped her back to reality. Nearby, a bush rustled. Tiny grunts and snorts sounded from the shadows beneath as it shook. The blonde removed the spear from her back and readied a strike. Concentration was it?

She narrowed her field of view where she believed it to be hiding. She could only hear it, not see it. Cardinal seemed to take over and she felt the tip of her spear hone in on a specific area. With a quick thrust, she heard the squeal again. Retracting her polearm, she found a <<Pygmy Boar>> impaled on its tip. Snow felt a small rush of excitement. The little trash mob was well known for savory barbecue, especially when sliced thin for things like yakiniku, and hot pots.

Snow accepted the boon and added the cooking material to her inventory.

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

ID# 147060 results:

Battle: 7

Craft: 2

Loot: 9

MOB: 2

Feeling better, the lancer decided to continue gathering. Later, she could relax in her shop on the fourth floor and cook. Cooking always brought a calm to Snow and she felt even more relieved when thinking of the joy it brought other. She thought of the fun she had back in Japan with her college friends. They would frequent the local cafes and occasionally pitched in for barbecue. Her favorite was being able to cook and eat together at the table. She remembered always letting someone else take the last piece of meat even when she was still hungry.

Speaking of hunger, the blonde continued her search for usable ingredients while she doubled back to town. Mostly sticks, weeds, and dead leaves filled her view. Not even the sound of possible prey sounded. The silence began to bother her. So, Snow softly started to hum to herself. Quietly, as to not disturb a potential ingredient in her restaurant.

Edited by Snow
Spoiler

ID# 147061 results:

Battle: 3

Craft: 7

Loot: 3

MOB: 2

The light on the horizon peeped through the trees. Snow neared the town she originally departed this morning. As she neared her objective, she kept her senses open for any lucky chances at further items she could use. As she looked carefully about her, Snow started to feel normal again. Memories of Daire and Opal had returned to the back of her mind. Although their loss still pained her deeply, she felt a sense of resolution from the quest. In a way, it allowed her to face her fears and doubts. She noticed a more confident stride in her step. The armor on her body felt more comfortable and less foreign. The fit of the spear in her hands felt more like a tool than a deadly weapon.

Snow began to settle into her role. She began to accept the will of a survivor. She wanted to prove to herself and to her friends that it all wasn't for naught.

Edited by Snow

When Snow arrived back to town, the event of the day still lingered in her mind, but the result stood stronger in the forefront. Snow learned a lot about herself today. She shed some of her weakness and donned new strengths. Above all, she acquired a new skill to help her carve a future for the rest of the players still clinging on to the hope of a long life. In her hands she held a familiar spear, but it took on a different form. It's weight felt heavier with the responsibility left behind to her. 

She halted in the archway to the town and paused to reflect. The road ahead was filled with uncertainty and the road behind her filled with sorrow. Forward was the only option.

"You look pretty strong." A hooded figure approached Snow and offered a simple challenge.

"%$#^ off..." spat the girl. She mounted the spear upon her back and made way to the central hub.