[F3-PP] One from a list, A unneeded trinket (Search for Hoya)

A small black book in his hand, around him a morning sun causing the obscurity of fog to which he was familiar to appear thick like cotton. "This must be it." Raidou remarked looking at the scratched list to a look around his surroundings, barely visible through the fog a stone structure in the distance past the treeline. A pen in hand crosses the words from the page with one long line to which the nomad clamps the book shut. It smelled of dew and moisture, hot and humid as the moss was pungent on his nostrils as a scan through the treeline allowed little routing to the concrete maze visible. A rip of his HUD open and rapid moving hands slid his minimap into a greater magnification. Taking in the topography, Raidou began to plan the journey before a first step had been taken. Steps without caution are the quickest way to an early grave.

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer:

Level: 41

HP: 820/820

En: 82/82

Weapon: The Black Star - Genesis [1HSS] (T1/Perfect): Paralyze 1 (9-10), Taunt (+1 Hatred from Attacks/Howls, +2 on Focused), Vampiric [Offensive] 1 (Recover 10% of Total HP on 9-10)

Armor: Swordsman's Gauntlet [Heavy] (T2/Perfect): +54 Damage Mitigation

Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [Light] (T1/Perfect): +3 Evasion

Skills:

1 Handed Straight Sword: Rank 3

Battle Healing: Rank 3

Parry: Obtained [Vengeful Riposte]

Fighting Spirit: Obtained

Howl: Obtained

Gatherer: Obtained

Searching: Rank 5 (GM)

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

4*Golem Strength Potion (+2 Base Damage)

Auric Sol  [1HSS] (T2/Perfect): +6 Base Damage

Self-Heal Recovery Potion (T1/Uncommon/+60)*4

Teleport Crystal*2

Onyx Spectacles [Trinket] (T1/Perfect): +3 Loot Dice

As she approached the maze, wherein lied a boss in which she could easily destroy on her own, somehow she met him again. The boy known as the Red Wanderer. Well, it was starting to become a regular thing to just find him around. They don't call him a Wanderer for no reason. The kitsune's bandaged feet tip-toed behind him, the light footed girl came up just next to him and looked in his book quietly. A map, of the maze.

The girl nodded to herself and finally spoke up. "Kon, you have a map of the maze of the Hoya? I will have to join you then. I'm awful with cardinal direction." She said, her voice muffled behind the mask. When Raidou turned to her, he could see her red, piercing eyes through the white visage that covered her actual face. Her menu opened in front of her as he hand swiped downward and a prompt with a party invite came up on Raiddou's end. 

Spoiler

General
Level: 8 | HP:  160/160 | Energy: 16/16

Stats
DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2

Skills
THBA Rank II

Equipment(In use)
Obsidian Scythe: DMG III
Kitsu-mono: EVA I; Rec: II
Kitsune Mask: ACC III

Equipment(Standby)
Fox Totem: LD III

Consumables:
(3x)Starter Potions

A turn meets his orange eyes to a blazing red pair through a ceramic mask of a fox. The girl to which meeting was coming more frequented then expected, surely her activity was an act to grow. Raidou respected the ambition and with the popped prompt on his HUD just to the side of the topographical map, Raidou accepted without hesitation as another pair of eyes would be a blessing in the mists that so often had a way of turning you around in the canopy's coverage. "Come along then, need to put down that minotaur. I could use the refresher and I am sure you would like the experience. The map is rather incomplete still, its a bit dated as I only traveled the passive areas in excess." with a decent route selected, Raidou hoped that the terrain had not undergone some drastic change in his absence, as this map was more than a year old.

The Megitsune would follow no one else with that attitude toward her, but it was Kuzunoha. She had a large amount of respect for him in the short time that they had known each other and that was surely something for Raidou brag about. Earning a Yokai's friendship was not easy, even for mutual benefit. As the Wanderer stepped into the maze of the Hoya, the Kitsune followed directly behind him, watching his back. The mist came rather quickly, and it was difficult even for the Fox to make out some things.

"I already read up on the bosses stats, so I came to solo it. You seem to be everywhere I go. Pretty much just a happy coincidence I would say. My friendship is not something easily gained, after all, Kuzonoha-kun." The Fox said, looking behind them to ensure that there were no mobs sneaking up on them. She had to squint to see through the mist it was getting so thick. Luckily, with the both of them, it would be difficult to get lost.

The mists were unforgiving to be sure, thankfully the map seemed rather consistent and unaltered since the last time he was here. Raidou found comfort in the shadow at his back, a girl in white allowing him to focus his efforts ahead without fear of something surprising him from behind. The path was rather long but the simple grass allowed steps to travel with little restriction. "More than most do, it's smart to know what you are dealing with before you attempt to take it on." Raidou reflected the same notion, his stat block being from leagues ago but given the structure was probably still relevant. "I guess the name suits me, and I suppose we are friends aren't we." Raidou had not quite processed the idea, he trusted the girl, confided in her and she has offered him a hand on more than one occasion so far. How about that...

"Of course we are." The Fox said sternly. "I don't put up with just anyone. You and I have some things in common that I can appreciate. I trust your tanking skills on the field of battle, as long as you trust that my scythe will cleave anything in half."

The conversation boomeranged back to the information host. Getting information in any MMO game was a standard and staple of the games mechanics. Anyone who failed to use information brokers were fools that wished to die early. "I've played dozens of these games. They might be different from one another, but they all have similar formulas. First and foremost, information is the standard of it's gameplay, allowing you to min/max your build completely. Before I invested in my weapon skill, I read through every ability in the game. Battle Axe seemed to be the best weapon available of them all, so I chose that."

"I am glad to hear it, most people I cannot see eye to eye with on anything." Raidou remarked with a smile, Megitsune was honestly a pleasure to hold a conversation with. "Games illude me, I would be lying to you if I told you this was not my first. But knowledge is invaluable, and formula causes prediction and reduces surprises. This system seems designed around the individual, your ability to cleanly carve through hulking beasts was set on a counterbalance. The system expects that, but what it failed to realize is specialization across diversity, by focusing on one thing and leaving a weakness the system responds to that weakness. But if its filled by another person, if that flaw is patched by an ally it becomes confused. You are more than capable of being my sword, as I am more than capable of being your shield and together we are stronger than one of us alone."

The kitsu grinned behind her mask. This man truly was a worthy one to hold conversation with, not mention battle along side. Fox was adamant about keeping up her persona as a yokai, but for someone that truly saw her as an ally, Raidou was worthy enough to know her secret. The Fox removes her mask and let's it sit idle on her head off to the side. Her young, pale face met his with a toothy grin.

"Raidou Kuzunoha, as you introduced yourself last time, I was unsure of our position as acquaintances. I have recognized you as a true ally now and I will reintroduce myself. I am Fuyuko, Chiaki - The White Yokai and Megitsune. I will destroy anything that dares get in our path, from this point on, do not be afraid to invite me on quests if you are looking for the blade you need!" Her eyes really were red, not just the mask, wow.

A removed mask of porcelain takes the nomad by surprise as it is displaced to her hair, he was more than content with her face always being concealed behind the mask she wore. Pale skin with a penetrating pair of ruby eyes, the kitsune had not offered them to the girl. "Fuyuko, I will do care with your name. An offering I accept with respect I will not speak it in a fleeting company. I will hold you to that, likewise if you need the scales set against your opposition let the weight of my blade carry them to an imbalance." A bond set between contrived spirits through life's subtle exile, now creating a permanent force to which the cardinal would fear when momentum started to carry. Adjusting the robe on his back, a firmed glance turns to an almost uncharacteristic smile. As a show of confidence is rewarded with confidence in the same.

The duo rounded into a new open area not far from the last one. The kitsune could feel it's presence right of the back. The hairs on her neck stood on end and her ears perked up with alertness. The mask was quickly replaced over face, it was honestly nice to take the thing off and breath fresher air, even just for a moment. The minotaur was in the center of the room, seemingly awaiting the arrival of the next players to challenge it. Fuyuko made no care to even wait if the chimera could speak to them at all.

Her blade was in her hands in an instant, and before Raidou could even put a hand on his sword, the black clad teenager was in the fight. Her scythe latched onto the minotaur's offhand arm, cleaving it off it's body completely. The minotaur roared loudly in pain as it's arm made the ground rumble when it collided with the earth.

image.thumb.png.2526f67488b36ba577971d0ea4dfb155.png

Megitsune: 160/160 | 16/16 (-3)DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2
Raidou:

Hoya Minos: 21/45 (8*3) | 30 DMG

Edited by Megitsune

Raidou reaches up to draw his sword with a sudden shift to instant combat, the Mino's cleaved hard to a flash of steel as it graced Fuyuko's hands. The monster screeches in agony to the attack as its HP bar plummets to yellow with a fallen left appendage. Its attentions focus to the girl who had removed its arm and sizing up them both aims for the one with its weapon drawn. Its off center though as the overbearing pain in its frame distracts it enough to allow Megitsune to slip by unscathed. Withdrawal his sword from its scabbard and shifting about into a defensive stance, Raidou breathes easy as the inbound swing toward Fuyuko seemed to have no gain on her, leaving her HP completely untouched. A red aura begins to pull about his body, with the thought the girl could have been hurt.

How could I have been so careless...

ID# 147959 results: Battle: 4, Missed! vs Hoya Minos

ID# 147960 results: Craft: 1 [Megitsune], MOB: 5-1=4, Missed! vs Megitsune!

Megitsune: 160/160 | 13/16 DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2
Raidou820/820 | 80/82 | DMG: 4 | MITI: 54 | EVA: 3 | V.O 1 (9-10) | Para 1 (9-10) | Taunt | Conc [0/3] | Parry [0/2]

(1,1) Hoya Minos: 21/45 (8*3) | 30 DMG

Edited by Raidou

A quick shift to the side into a hand spring and the nimble little girl was in safety's clutch. Kitsune were known for their amazing perceptions and foresight, allowing her to dodge the attack with some grace. Thankfully it wouldn't survive the next attack, and even if she had been nailed by it's attack, it would have been nothing but a scratch on her newly sized health bar. A large, painful scratch.

The black blade of her scythe slowly hummed into a hot white apparel. She rushed into the minotaur while it took its time to raise its axe for another attack. 

-Slash, slash!-

The minotaur was cut into three more pieces, leaving its leg to tumble to the ground and it's torso on the floor with nothing else to hold it up. The kitsu jumped on its back, spinning into a follow up attack that beheaded her opponent. When the hp reached 0, the minotaur exploded into data and Fuyuko heaved the heavy scythe over her shoulder, the pendant in her other hand. "Easy."

image.thumb.png.604f4a4fb6a70b3a6a266f60a9793acc.png

Megitsune: 160/160 | 12/16 (-3+2) DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2
Raidou820/820 | 80/82 | DMG: 4 | MITI: 54 | EVA: 3 | V.O 1 (9-10) | Para 1 (9-10) | Taunt | Conc [0/3] | Parry [0/2]

(1,1) Hoya Minos: -3/45 (8*3) | 30 DMG

Edited by Megitsune

Raidou looked to his notes on the creature and did some mental calculation to get an estimation of her output. "Suppose so." Raidou releases the handle of his blade, the red fog that was beginning to form on his back fading away, adjusting his glasses as he looks through the book. "Strange that so many were having such trouble with this thing, given how fast it fell." Raidou remarked as he poured the accounts he had taken into the book, of players being injured in excess by this creature to have it drop within a matter of seconds. Where it was felled a small trinket of black rope, upon it a symbol laced in rounded peridot. It looked rather unremarkable, being nothing more than a bauble than an actual source of strength. Upon its surface was obviously kanji, Raidou recognized it instantly as he tossed the piece to Fuyuko as it was her reward from the kill although a pathetic one in comparison to the experience.

The Fox moved her mask from her face and caught the pendant in her hand. It was probably the most plane thing she had seen in the game to date. Though, she hadn't really seen that much of the game yet, so she will have to withhold judgement on that title for now.

She laughed as Raidou mentioned how quickly the beast fell to her. "The beast was not weak for my level. It could have easily killed me should I not have known what it was capable of, or had not my own gear that put it to rest quickly. Nothing escapes my gaze, or remains from meeting my scythe. It's as simple as this: The Minotaur was not weak; I was just too strong." The confidence over bubbled in the Fox's words as she returned to Raidou's side. "Anything that thinks about getting in my way gets cut down.

"We should all be so focused, so sure." Raidou replied to the girl's confidence, something he was still doing his best to instill in the members of his guild but it was a difficult thing to teach. "If only there were more of you ready to cut down those that would deal with problems that arose, this place wouldn't claim the lives of so many." Raidou thought as his memory took to those that could possibly have a gravestone now, where they were was an enigma as their name had not been drawn on the monument. A subtle roar in the distance, more than likely the other Minos traveling through the large cascading walls of the maze. "Wonder all the things that could change if everyone was so motivated and willing to fight back." Raidou pondered for a moment trying to get a sense of his surroundings with a building thesis of his next course of action while sketching the layout into his black book.

Being tenacious in a situation like theirs was surely low in stock for the general populace, but it is something that can be taught, that was for certain. Confidence and ambition led ones heart to desire more than it could obtain. Without that, nobody that made to tier three would even be where they are. That is why it was a necessity to understand game mechanics and know that one should not be afraid to advance in the system.

"I do so because I want to. Whatever reasons others have to progress in the game, that is for their own hearts, not mine. I simply wish to enjoy my life here until its cut short or I am free. As I said though, I project death to be minimal with my meta-made build and keen knowledge gathering skills. Floor Bosses will obviously be different, but if I die at that point, at least I did something with this digital life, and made it my own story."

An insight into her reasoning beckoned a common ground, a shared sense to which they had both partook in. "Project death, what if I told you that a level paired with extreme preparation would offset the odds so heavily in your favor that possibility would essentially be zero. That is the goal I strive for and I would wish to offer you the very same security. A dream for those willing to stake their lives against the cardinal, to remove that risk and cease the losses." it was a very plain goal to be sure, as who wished for death in all actuality, Raidou was just always to a sheet of paper trying to find the magic formula that erased it as a possible outcome. This very mindset is what drove Raidou to his constant wander, to write down every quest and every little bit of information to find that potential eureka that was missing just one more number.

An invincible guard was everything a tank player strive to achieve. Thinking big like this was what she liked from Raidou, though. He not only understood what he was doing, but had the ambition to attempt to make it happen. She was the same, after all, wanting to perfect the most mass amount of damage she could with her weapon to completely obliterate everything and anything. Everything that a damage player strives to accomplish. To do that, she would need to continue getting stronger and Raidou was one of her biggest helpers in this task.

"If you are so sure of your defenses, I assume you have the means to back that up. Well, if your build is absolute defense, then you can call mine absolute offense. My scythe will reap everything in its path with almost no effort. I've only just begun this, but come to higher levels and tiers and you'll see me destroying every boss with no effort whatsoever."

A question passes into his head, one he had not thought to bring up before. "Firm Anima is who I strive to protect, a guild of rising spirits like yourself. It did not seem a fitting question before now. Would you like to join Firm Anima's Assualt division? you would be among like minded individuals once I get them ironed out. They are still a tad troubled and still are in need of guidance but they are learning. I intend to overwhelm the system in the way I described, mitigating the potential risk with specialized numbers and I find that you would make an exceptional addition to the cause, and the speed at which you gain strength would surely increase along with that sentiment." Raidou asked the girl, content if she declined as she was already in his friend's list and was proven more capable than most at her level but if she was added to the roster than the guild and its contents could further her growth exponentially.

Spoiler

Rewards:

SP: 2 quest; 1 page; 1 bonus
Col: 200 per player
Megitsune - Hoya of  Minos - Vanity Pendant

An invitation? One that she was not expecting, honestly. It was pretty unwarranted, but she could see why Raidou had the idea to invite her. 

"Like-minded individuals you say? I highly doubt that anyone is so like-minded to me that we would get along, it is in my nature, but that doesn't mean that I can't shard the same beliefs of other players. The majority of the players here want this iron tower to fall from the sky, and even I, who enjoys the games functions and combat, want that to happen. I don't intend on sitting in digital hell for the rest of my life. Just because I get along with you does not mean that I can get along with the rest of your guild mates. I hope you understand that, but I guess if you'll have me, then I can try to give it a shot. If it doesn't work out, I can always go back to soloing."

Edited by Megitsune