[F01-PP] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> Not the Younglings!

Vince just throws up his arms in a placating manner, his smile still plastered on without a thought.

"Now I never said that I thought you weren't reliable. I was just wondering if you thought yourself as reliable. That's all. I wouldn't mind trusting my life in your hands. But yes, perhaps it is time for me to actually do my job? And uh, I wonder how much longer he'll survive until someone has to bail him out..."

Nonetheless, Vince picks himself up and starts brushing off the dirt off of his clothing. He uses his squinty little eyes to scan the area, looking for a boar pup that's just ripe for the picking... Right there! It's just grazing casually despite their friends being killed around it. Though that might just be because it's an AI and supposed to be unaware. Ha. Anyways. Time to get to work, no?

A bend of the knees, then break into a dash! Round Accel!

Spoiler

NS: HP: 80/80 | EN: 6 (-2) /8 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0
Boar Pup 4: HP: -3 (-8/5 | DMG: 3

<<Round Accel>> vs Boar Pup 4
Critical Hit (+1)! (3 + 1) x 2 = 8 DMG!

Boar Pup 4 vs NS
Miss!

image.png.231c4ff9b1892c1e9ec567ca64181c40.png

EDIT - Dropped Loot:

image.png.37d6ffefcf337d71cdbe908736ec1887.png 

Small brain forgot that loot dropped with the defeat of the mob - ignore the +3 LD

There we go! He's doing much better now. Now to equip the wayfinder again and loot it in a bit - not knowing that the loot had already dropped...

2/3 Pup Tusks Collected

@Megitsune @Kaliot

Edited by NS
See edit reason in spoiler
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"He'll be lucky if he survives three more minutes." The Fox put bluntly. There was a certain threshold one could not cross when they were looking to fight enemies in this game. The familiarity of that threshold was already realized to her, but Kaliot and NS were still learning. Megitsune intended to make it clear as to what those rules were to the both of them. As much as she thought they were both somewhat annoying, she didn't want to see people die right in front of her, or when she had no chance to help them, if she wanted to.

"Listen up," The clarion voice started from behind her mask. Grass sticking to her legs and falling back into the ground as she stood up from her seat, leaving the giant scythe in its place. She paced between them both while she spoke. "When you're fighting, you must always be ready for the battle ahead of you. If you cannot win based on your ability to destroy or outlast your enemy, then you must find friends, or power-up before attempting anything. These quests are intended to easy you into combat, right? Look at how much trouble Kal is having because he's run out of energy now. In the situation, you retreat if no one can help you. The monster wont make it easy, so do so plan ahead. Don't notice your hp is red and then try to run. There are items known as teleportation crystals that you can buy from player merchants. They're a small price to pay for safety, you can flee instantly with them." The Fox paced, over to Kal. "Mao, you need help, but I won't help you until you ask for it. Its not that I don't have faith in your ability, you beat up the monster pups easily, but this monster barely out classes you. You only have a single life. Use it wisely." The girl rested at the hilt of her scythe waiting for Mao's queue to jump in and help him. Would he prideful, or realize the hopeless of fighting this mob in his condition?

@Kaliot @NS

"I have plenty of pots so I'll be fine. It's just a matter of whether or not I can solo one myself which, as we've all taken note of, might not be possible." Kaliot picked himself up off the ground. "As scary as it may be, now's the best time to figure out for myself how far I can go rather than learning when it's too late." He squared up with the boar again, but his hand wasn't as steady as it was before; all this talk was starting to chip away at the confidence he was so desperately trying to hold onto.

[Did killing those tutorial boars really inflate your head that much?

Confidence isn't a bad thing.

Confidence can save you, but it can all get you killed if you don't keep it in check.]

He and the feral boar again charged at each other, this time with both whiffing their hits. Kaliot quickly turned around to face it again, swearing under his breath.

@NS @Megitsune

-

Feral Boar 5: 29/40 HP | 12 DMG

• Missed Attack at Kaliot

Kaliot: 51/80 HP | 1/8 (+1) EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD

• Missed Attack at Feral Boar 5

Kaliot: 51/80 HP | 0/8 (-1) EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD

OVuwZRT.png

Edited by Kaliot

Vince was going to equip the wayfinder, but another boar pup quickly made its presence known... After listening to Fox... Yeah. He made up his mind. He's going for that two for one to make it as easy as possible then recover after. He swiftly draws his dagger once more and bends his knee to get into <<Round Accel>>...  He breaks into a dash! 

Spoiler

NS: HP: 80/80 | EN: 5 (-1) /8 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0
Boar Pup 4: HP: -1 (-6/5 | DMG: 3

<<Round Accel>> vs Boar Pup 4
Hit! (3) x 2 = 6 DMG!

Boar Pup 4 vs NS
Hit! 3 DMG!

image.png.ac91af61ebfebf1ff27cb0fd01c8b671.png

EDIT - Dropped Loot:

image.png.a1de7d60ef4babd000db7a088446b78d.png

Small brain forgot that loot dropped with the defeat of the mob - ignore the +3 LD

Two quick slices and the boar begins to disintegrate before him. Now he has two corpses that he can loot! Hopefully he'll get the pup tusks in these two he killed... Now to ACTUALLY equip the wayfinder. He pulls up the menu with a smile, slowly browsing through it because he's mostly safe for now. Especially since he has two people technically watching his back for now.

Hm hm hm... Wayfinder, wayfinder, where are you in my inventory? Should you not be easy to find? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

3/3 Pup Tusks Collected

@Megitsune @Kaliot

Edited by NS
Reasons in Spoiler

As she mentioned, she was going to help Kaliot until her actually needed it. The boy was stubborn, and that was a find trait to have, as long as you didn't let blind your reasoning. Hopefully he would be reasonable if she had to jump in and help him. Also, she would likely kill it if NS was lucky enough to have gotten the boar tusks from the next drops. As much as she would like to see him succeed in defeating the powerful boar, she wasn't going to wait around for him to finish it. 

The fox took a seat by her weapon once again, readily available should she need it to help her acquaintance friend. The boy had promise if he focused on a decent build. Considering how he had some mitigation this early, he could be opting to be a tank. If that was the case, his lack of damage was justified. Otherwise, he would need to start focusing more on his damage skills than his defensive skills.

The conversation stopped and it had immediate effects: his anxiety was like a python constricting its prey, and now it was loosening him up just enough for him to be able to breath again. Kaliot glared at the feral boar and started inching toward it. "I can do this. I can do this. Just make sure to stay under control," he said under his breath.

Kaliot and the boar charged at each other again, this time hitting each other with enough force to send them flying back rolling in the dirt. To his spectator(s), it may have looked like he was being incredibly reckless, and maybe he was being incredibly reckless, but he felt that the only way he'd win was to play for crits.

[Assuming no misses, at best I can take 6 more hits. At worst, 5. As for me, at best I can kill it in 8 hits and, at worst, 15. Saving energy would be pointless since the energy-to-damage ratio is the same. I do have an accuracy advantage, though.]

He pondered for a moment.

[It seems that the only way I can get out of this without using a health pot is if lady luck graces me with godlike RNG.]

@NS @Megitsune

-

• [Critical I] Basic Attack at Kaliot: 8 DMG

[6] Kaliot: 43/80 (-8) HP | 1/8 (+1) EN | 2 DMG | 2 (+1) ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD

• [Critical II] Basic Attack at Feral Boar 5: 4 DMG

Feral Boar 5: 25/40 HP | 12 DMG

[6] Kaliot: 43/80 HP | 0/8 (-1) EN | 2 DMG | 1 (-1) ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD

NM144ZX.png

Edited by Kaliot

Ah. There is the wayfinder. Now to equip it and start looking through the corpses.

He swiftly opens the menu to change items, fully intent on getting his two guarenteed loot drops right? Ahaha! Let us see!

Spoiler

NS: HP: 80/80 | EN: 6 (+1) /8 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 (-3) | EVA: 0
LD: 3 (
+3)

NS swapped Kitsune Mask | ACC III for Wayfinder | Loot 3!

He watches the mask on clipped onto his side disappear into his inventory as the Wayfinder appears onto his neck. Now to dig into the corpses and pull something out!

Aha! It is his lucky day! Look at these two new materials he has in his hands! Thank god this quest is now over! Now he just has to chill and watch the feral boar fall - whether it be at Mao's hand or Fox's hand... He starts to shuffle over into more of a safe zone to watch the action for now. That, and well, getting comfy so that he doesn't have to stand all the time after all that fighting; Nonetheless, today has redeemed itself with how the loot distribution ended up.

3/3 Pup Tusks Collected

@Megitsune @Kaliot

Edited by NS
I'm a dummy.

Now that NS had collected his tusks, the group was finished with their quest and could move on to the next before she out leveled the parameter for the 3rd one at least. The fourth one, if she decided to do it, would be for no more than the items it provided. Although, she was going to let Kaliot have a chance to defeat this mob. It would be a great chance for him to learn what he is capable of before getting too thick of a skull for his own good.

Fox looked over to the green haired player and held out her hand. "Oi, if you aren't going to help him kill that thing, I would like to have my mask back now please." She looked up at him from her seated position. Whether he let Kal try to handle it on his own or not was all his choice. It would certainly be easier for them both to fight it, but it would still be loot-able if Ns decided to try and help the blonde spear user.

Kaliot started biting his lip. He desperately wanted the ability to take care of things himself like he'd been able to do for the most part in real-life. But he had to realize that while he may not have intentionally done so, he was pretty much building as a tank and tanks in games rarely could handle things on their own, at least in a timely manner. "Okay, okay." He turned toward the guy who was now resting. "Vince, I'm going to need your help. Please."

Kaliot kept his eyes on the boar though the boar wasn't really having him have a side conversation. It charged straight at him and hit Kaliot square in the chest. He was tempted to retaliate with an attack but he figured it would be best to start using his sword art from this point forward.

[It is best to know your limits.

It is best to keep your hubris in check.

I should've tried another build.]

@NS @Megitsune

-

• [Critical I] Basic Attack at Kaliot: 8 DMG

[6] Kaliot: 35/80 (-8) HP | 1/8 (+1) EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD

• No Attack at Feral Boar 5: 0 DMG

[6] Kaliot: 35/80 HP | 1/8 EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD

o4goiZ8.png

Edited by Kaliot

Oioioi! Alright alright. Guess he has to do something! 

Vince kips up, redraws his dagger and just looks apologetic to Fox. "Sorry, apparently my presence is now needed~ I'll hand you your mask afterwards, yeah?" Without waiting for the response, he jumps into the battle! Let's try this... Getting dangerously close to the feral boar, he bends his knees as he feels the game takeover- the first stab in the side, and the second on the way back! <<Side Bite>>! He yells out! "Switch!"

Spoiler

Feral Boar 5: 19 (-4/40 HP | 12 DMG
[Hate: 6] Kaliot: 35/80 HP | 1/8 EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD
[Hate: 1] NS: HP: 80/80 | EN: 2 (-4) /8 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0

<<Side Bite>> vs Feral Boar 5
Hit! 3 x 2 = 6 DMG! Stun!

image.png.ec41ac789adebf354a5ac5639f85cc0f.png

The clear signs of paralysis lights up throughout the creature, as the gambler just begins to eyeball after backing up a bit from his strike. Sheesh... I need to swap to the mask so I can guarantee a hit... The stun should buy some time at least. Nonetheless, he's now at Mao's side and ready to fight. He can't help but snark as he glances to his side what Mao is. "You look like you're not doing too hot - and as much as I love taking risks as the next person... Perhaps being smarter about it would be a good lesson to learn?"

@Megitsune @Kaliot

Edited by NS

Watching the two fight together was nice to see, she was thinking that Vince was going to sit it out, but looks like he was more of a team player than she originally thought. Things were getting interesting.

Instead of using his sword art to deal more damage, it looks like he was opting to make the enemy hold still so Kal could have a break from it's constant barrage of attacks. The importance of watching your energy was a gamble here. Stuns always cost more to use, but they could be insanely useful in some situations. Using a damaging sword art may have been a better call in her opinion, but this was their battle, not hers.

"Keep it up. It might be stunned right now, but it's going to get back up soon. There's a cool down on how many times you can use stunning sword arts, so don't waste your energy trying to chain stun it. Nuke it down before it has the chance to do that to you."

@NS @Kaliot

Fox's Patience Meter: [                 ]

When Vince joined the fight, a huge weight lifted off of Kaliot's shoulder. Kali cracked a smile for the first time this fight. "Well, I needed something to do after all." He was, of course, referencing Vince's accuracy troubles but Kali wouldn't dare speak about that aloud lest lady luck curse him as well. "Thanks for the assist. You're saving me a potion or two," he said jokingly but Kali knew that he wasn't in the clear just yet. "And we're not <<switching>> just yet!"

Going along with Fox's advice, Kali charged up his sword art and threw a heavy jab at the currently-stunned boar. It opened it's mouth to shriek, but nothing came out. "Alright, now we can <<switch>>!" he yelled out while jumping away from the boar. "I'm starting to save energy for skills, just so you know. I'll jump in with basics once it gets low enough."

@NS @Megitsune

-

Feral Boar 5: 19/40 HP | 12 DMG

• Miss at Kaliot
  • Stunned

[6] Kaliot: 35/80 HP | 2/8 (+1) EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD

• Pierce at Feral Boar 5: 4 DMG

Feral Boar 5: 15/40 (-4) HP | 12 DMG

[1] Kaliot: 35/80 HP | 0/8 (-2) EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD

[7] NS: 80/80 HP | 2/8 EN | 3 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 MIT | 0 EVA

ZM6P4yy.png

Edited by Kaliot

Vince just smirks at Maomao. This will be fiiiine, he's practically max health and can be a meat bag until he swaps to the mask. Though maybe he can risk just swapping to the mask? Hm... Let's just try to cheese out a bit more damage. That'll be fine, right? Alright, bend the knees, break into a dash- There!

Spoiler

Feral Boar 5: 15 /40 HP | 12 DMG
[Hate: 1] Kaliot: 35/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD
[Hate: 7] NS: HP: 80/80 | EN: 1 (-1) /8 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0

<<Round Accel>> vs Feral Boar 5
Miss!

image.png.b75e5bd135c4d3609fd4967cfa179868.png

Unlike the pups that were begging to be hit, these mobs were actually trying to kill players. The boar narrowly dodges the wide slashes of his dagger, and quickly rounds back around ready to charge once again. Right. Right right right. Not the tutorial quest mobs. Mob-mobs. Yeah. Definitely going to have to switch to the mask, can't afford to mess around with something like this. At least he's tanking for Maomao now. Wait. He's tanking for Maomao now. Against a mob that does quite a bit. Is he gonna last that long? Ah... yikes... He's equipping the mask. He's so equipping the mask.

@Megitsune @Kaliot

Edited by NS

Fox crossed her arms, wondering why Vince hadn't kept her mask equipped in the first place. This something he would need to learn. "Oi! You can have more than one trinket equipped at a time. As long as you don't try to equip two weapons, you can wear three pieces of armor and have a vanity weapon to use sword arts if you choose. Keep your luck boosting item on and equip my mask. You need the bonus accuracy or it's going to kill you both. Missing attacks like that is dangerous!"

Her patience was starting to wane. She knew that they needed as much combat experience as they could find, but she had already taken a ton of time out of her leveling schedule to help these two and she needed to move on to the next quest already so she could level past 15 already. Rank 4 sword arts were on the tip of her fingers and she could taste the triple digit damage soon.

@NS @Kaliot

Fox's Patience Meter: [                 ]

[Please RNGesus, please don't do this to us.]

Kaliot was very tempted to go in for a hit after Vince's miss, but he had to remained disciplined. At least for now until the feral boar gets low enough in health. He knelt down to the ground and dug a knee as hard as he could into it. "At this point, we just have to be patient, just be patient." Despite his use of 'we', he was obviously talking about himself.

Kaliot turned his head toward Fox who'd been sitting back for a pretty long time. "As long as we don't get cursed-," He cut himself off and cleared his throat. "Excuse me. As long as we don't get more cursed RNG, this shouldn't take too much longer. Hopefully. Oh, and thanks for sticking around even though you clearly didn't have to!" He smiled at her then turned his attention back to the feral boar.

@NS @Megitsune

-

Feral Boar 5: 15/40 HP | 12 DMG

• Failed Attack vs NS

Feral Boar 5: 15/40 HP | 12 DMG

[1] Kaliot: 35/80 HP | 1/8 (+1) EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD

[7] NS: 80/80 HP | 1/8 EN | 3 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 MIT | 0 EVA

image.png.228e6ff8280b46ab20afb030049d627a.png

Edited by Kaliot

Ah. That makes sense. Alright. One last attack and I'll equip the mask after once I'm done gathering energy!

"Tally ho!"

Using his limber body, Vince leans to the side and starts to circle the boar without tripping over himself. Thankfully, all his physical skills transfer over - man, maybe those self defense classes would've been a good idea - and he starts to break into a dash. With a flip of the dagger, he loses control of his body once more - <<Round Accel>>! A quick slash through the boar's neck, circling right back around to go down the back. Good. He wants to be focused on.

Spoiler

Feral Boar 5: 5 (-10) /40 HP | 12 DMG
[Hate: 1] Kaliot: 35/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD
[Hate: 9] NS: HP: 80/80 | EN: 0 (-1) /8 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0

<<Round Accel>> vs Feral Boar 5
Critical Hit (+2)! (3+2) x 2 = 10 DMG!

image.png.eabad80508fbf34c0b07c5c3d17ffa73.png

Now that. That was a delicious crit. Really satisfying whenever you get one on those better hits. Though, now he's out of energy... Guess he just has to equip that mask as he recovers for the next sword art. That, or hope Maomao finally hits something. Either of those options are fine.

@Kaliot @Megitsune

Edited by NS

A well struck attack made by NS gets Fox to grin. Not only because Vince was getting better at moving with his weapon already, but because the critical would expedite the process of killing this thing. It wouldn't be much longer now.

"There you go!" She cheered about as much as she could without sounding joyful. "Now you both should be able to finish it off with a few basic attacks!" The encouragement should be enough to get them to kill it off here. With their luck, they probably wouldn't even get anything to drop from the enemy. That would be an experience, but it was at least teaching them to not take on something that they surely couldn't kill. Kaliot looked like a boy that could easily be taken advantage of if he was going the tank route. Even if he was to feel like he could do it alone, he might bite off more than he could chew.

Fox's Patience Meter: [                 ]

"Nice hit, Vince!" Kaliot shouted excitedly. The boar was nearly dead, but he wouldn't be able to kill it without a critical hit. Kali rose to his feet and wait for his chance to strike. The boar reeled and started to run around frantically, feigning charges at Vince despite being so bold before. It briefly paused before starting to charge again at Vince, this time with the intent to hit. Unfortunately for the boar, it missed pretty badly, and it started to tumble immediately after passing its target.

Kali's eyes widened and he quickly entered his stance. "Let's get this over with!" He charged his sword art and let it carry him body. He tore through the boar's torso and watched as its health bar dropped to zero and its body disintegrated.

Acquired

Col x 160

T1 Materials x 4

Unidentified Rare Trinket x 1

"Yes!" Kali pumped his fist into the air before falling back onto his bum. "160 col, 4 mats, and a trinket. We can split it 50/50 with you getting the trinket. Sound good?" he asked Vince.

@NS @Megitsune

Feral Boar 5: 5/40 HP | 12 DMG

• Failed Attack vs NS

[1] Kaliot: 35/80 HP | 2/8 (+1) EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD

• [Critical I] Pierce vs Feral Boar 5: 6 DMG

Feral Boar 5: 0/40 (-5) HP | 12 DMG

• Dead
  • Loot: Col x 160, T1 Materials x 4, Rare Trinket x 1

[3] Kaliot: 35/80 HP | 0/8 (-2) EN | 2 DMG | 1 ACC | 5 MIT | 3 LD

[9] NS: 80/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 3 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 MIT | 0 EVA

image.png.3650f899948a1f38486595a25b1944c5.png

Edited by Kaliot

Aha! A mob they didn't expect to fight yet they succeeded in the end! Free loot is always appreciated~

"Mmm... That sounds fine~ Good job by the way. Perhaps try not to bite off more than you can chew next time." Vince just continues to smile as he starts to brush off the dirt off his clothes, then wiping clean his dagger - he's gonna have to get an upgrade soon. "Well? Off to the next quest then, right? After some upgrades, of course~." He starts to lean back onto his back foot, just being comfortable despite how annoying this entire quest was. He does eye the two's usernames, just in case he does end up following through with friending them both. Next few quests. Next few quests. That's when I'll know.

Nonetheless, his smile remains in place as he turns his gaze from his two companions towards everyone else trying to mess with the boar pups..

@Megitsune @Kaliot

Megitsune clapped quietly at their success, standing up from her spot and reaching out to Vince expectantly. "I'll take my mask back now." Once the trade was complete she led the duo back into town as quickly as possible. She wondered if they would need her help for the quest after the third one, but if they could get through this fine and put some skill into their sword arts, then they would be just fine with the two of them. Though the items for the quest might not be too bad. Maybe she would go and force them to fight the quest boss on their own, just so she could make sure that they were ready to go out into this world and try to level up without her help.

"You guys didn't do too bad. I recommend focusing on being able to keep yourself alive, whether its through tanking abilities or its through damage abilities. Figure out what you want to do before you go and start investing your skill points and be ready for anything."

Spoiler

Vince transfers the Kitsune Mask back to Megitsune.

Spoiler

Rewards:

SP: 2 Quest; 3 page; 1 extra
Col: 1200/3 = 400 col per player
Everyone T1 Straight Sword with Damage Enhancement
Safeguard potion reserved for Lesson Three

Kaliot: Col x 160, T1 Materials x 4, Rare Trinket x 1

Edited by Megitsune