[SP-F1] The first few lessons are free~Rei29r

After Rei had returned to the Town of Beginnings with her new rapier and shield, she took it upon herself to seek out advice on how to survive in the floors above, at least, survive beyond the floor's town. Until recently, she had never even been to the floors above and the dangers to a low level player were apparent. After picking up several unhelpful pieces of advice and a couple of good suggestions, Somebody comments that, "You will need potions to survive out there, and more than just a few."

Rei then asks him, "Where may I find a potion maker?" before pulling out her map of the floor.

The man then points to a spot in the city, "His name is Zackaraiah"

Rei thanks him and heads off to the place on the map.

Character Name: Rei
Level: 1
HP: 20/20
En: 2/2
Weapon: Rapier " Coup De Grace ", Shield " Ragnar's Might "
Armor: Vanity heavy
Misc:
Skills: Rank 1 Rapier
Battle Ready Inventory: Rapier (+3 damage), Shield (+2 mitigation)
Edited by Rei29r

After some navigating and a touch of getting lost, she eventually finds her way to Zackaraiah's shop. Rei peeps her head in, "Excuse me," she says as she does and when she sees a person in crafting clothes, she nods her head, "Is this Zackaraiah?"

"Ahh, yes, that is me. Come on in!" Zackaraiah answers, "You must be a new adventurer. I remember when I was young and adventurous... But then I settled down and... Anyway, I am getting off track. As you are a new adventurer, I have potions for you, but more importantly, I have a few lessons... the lessons are free, of course, and they are quite helpful for new adventurers like you."

“Well, I did hear that potions are important,” Rei began in reply, “but I have to be honest, I don’t know where to start as being an adventurer and I really want to stay alive on my adventures.”

The older NPC smiles a gentle smile of relief and starts giving a scripted quest start in reply, "Then we shall begin our first lesson. You see, many adventurers that have met their end were only one potion away from winning their last battle. Buying potions is an option on this floor, but not always possible on other floors. Sometimes, its just better to make them... cheaper too. Making potions requires ingredients and ingredients can be found anywhere, if you have a keen eye or good shoulders, things that have begun to fade for me in my advanced age. In order for me to teach you, I will need you to gather some ingredients. Plus, gathering these ingredients will be a good lesson in of itself. You see, the first floor is quite a diverse place and the things we will be needing will also be quite diverse indeed." It is obvious from this that Zackariah, is, in fact, an NPC.

Rei does get a little unsettled from the break of the illusion of reality, but then she remembers that NPCs are important for making sure that everyone doesn't simply die in this twisted and wonky death game... as are tutorials. Its like a normal MMO in that regard, really, though slightly different in that NPCs do more to move your progression and in this 'game', (though Rei isn't all that sure if she should even consider this a game except in the most twisted of meanings,) the shops run by NPCs aren't nearly as important for actually buying things. However, because a tutorial was actually what she was looking for, she goes with it by opening her map and asking the older (and seemingly quite helpful) NPC, "Where would you like me to go to find these ingredients? Also, do I need to worry about creatures on the way to these locations?"