[PP-F1]guild application ebon vanguard

He remembered back in the old days, when stuff like this was necessary. When he had started the guild, they simply let any applicant in. But now that they had gathered so many members, effectively becoming the biggest Guild in the game, they were trying to keep their numbers from declining. New members had occasionally joined but then faded out before doing anything. So his best friend and Lieutenant, 9, had suggested they begin using interviews to check out new players looking to join.

Saix thought it was kind of a pain, but since 9 had never let him down, he figured he might as well go along with the suggestion. He had plans after all, and ensuring the Vanguard was in the strongest possible state would enable them to survive clearing on the Front Lines. So when the player, Garet, had requested a meeting, Saix went to conduct the interview in person.

Entering the diner, he gave the assembled players a cursory glance, before deducing who he had been summoned to meet. With a grin he crossed the distance over to Garet and helped himself to a seat, his long red coat draping across the chair as he settled himself into a comfortable seated position. "So, you must be Garet. I'm Saix, Captain of the Ebon Vanguard, and I got your message about wanting to join. I like to conduct these interviews a little on the informal side, so I have just one question for you Garet." He said, leaning forward with interest. "What is it that makes you want to join the Vanguard?"

"well sir i don't like PKers i need to level up and i love tactical fighting the first book i found in this game was a book called the art of war by sun tzu and then i wanted to learn more all i could about military strategy and tactic i think your guild would best help me with all of those things sir." Garet was nervous they had sent the fricking guild leader to interview him and he was still just a level four.

Saix's focus was directed towards Garet completely, as though he were trying to use the answer to get a feel on who he really was. It was a simple answer, pretty direct really, it didn't have the same passion that many members who had lost friends to the PK'ers and came to the Vanguard brought, but that didn't mean it wasn't sincere. Finally, he glances down at the menu with a sigh.

"A scholar huh? Well, it's true that we put a huge focus on tactics. I've always believed since we started this game that it was going to take more than just a group of strong players to clear the game. The Front Liners have done pretty good so far, but the boss battles are growing more difficult, and it's only a matter of time before it becomes too much." he says, his face somber.

This was something he had been thinking of for a long time. "Right now the clearing party is a small, elite group, who have been able to triumph against the Floor Bosses after some difficult battles. But that's the problem. We don't have the numbers we are going to need if the relatively simple Floor Boss patterns change. What happens when we get thrown a curve ball?" He asks, his eyes gleaming.

"During the Beta, players noticed that some bosses had special patterns or conditions that made the battle more difficult than simply fighting a single giant monster. We haven't encountered that yet since the Game went live. But... Given how thorough Kayaba Akihiko has been at ensuring this Death Game will take all our skill to survive, we can't expect things to stay so easy."

He is very serious now. "When that happens, the Game as we know it is going to fall apart. Suddenly a small group of elite players that has been the foundation of our attempts to clear the game is going to be turned on it's head. Their will be a vacuum, as we wait for other players to be able to join in their attempt to defeat the boss that has thrown the entire plan into chaos."

His words are coming faster now. "That's the best case scenario. If any of those players are lost in the figurative Boss Battle that breaks their otherwise successful streak of clearing floors, then the entire Clearing effort is set back months. It might be enough of a blow to morale that we are never able to gather and sustain numbers to push to clear all 100 floors."

His dark eyes lock on Garet's like lasers. "That is why a Tactics focused Guild like the Vanguard is essential. what we lack in level, we make up for in coordinated strength. We have to ensure that when the time comes, and the Clearing party falters, we are ready. Otherwise, it's all going to fall apart." He says, before leaning back and going back to his previous polite and happy mood.

"That's what I predict anyway. I could be wrong. But, tell me what you think. Do you think that we should rely on the current small Clearing Party to save us, or would you want to take the fight to front lines and see if we can use our Tactics to make a difference?"

"well sir what i have learned about tactics is that they are more used in smaller elite groups to beat big problems so yes we should keep the small unit but we need to start adding people to the elite group or tactics will not be useful but we can't just throw players at the bosses it needs to be a mixture of the two i would like to become an elite member of your group and i haven't really chose a job yet so that could be helpful as well see i haven't had first hand experience with PKers but i think it is disgusting to be a person that goes out of your way to cause pain and misery for no reason the law i was taught by is retaliation if someone does something wrong they need to be payed back thats justice and my feeling is you feel the same so i am cordially asking to join your guild sir." Garet orders some food asking the man if he would sit down and eat with him.

Saix listens with an intrigued expression, until he finally lets loose a laugh. "Perfect, you saw it right away. You are absolutely right, the answer is to swell the ranks of the Clearing Team by learning to function in small, elite, groups. With the proper battle tactics, multiple teams can overwhelm and destroy any enemy we might face. Whether it is a PK'er, a boss, or just mapping a new floor." Saix leans back with a smile.

"Well, you have certainly proven that you understand the tactics behind our plans. Now all that remains is to see how you can execute them. That means I want to see how you hold up in combat. We can go farm a few mid level creatures, or have ourselves a little duel. Nothing too serious, I just want to see how you handle yourself in combat, that's all. So, what do you say we go on a little adventure once we finish with the food?" He asks, with a rather happy go lucky attitude.

"well brother seeing your items and level I'm going to say you could beat me pretty easily if you wanted to so let's go farm some creatures you can show me what you want to fight" Garet laughs draining his drink and finishing his food now it was time to prove to this guy that he ment business with this guild and that he wanted to become a member.

"It's not so much about who would win, I believe seeing how you cope under pressure is what is really important. Gear and Levels are easy to obtain once you get going, so look at it as I have had a little more time to prepare then you. There are many players, even in my own guild, that have surpassed me in level and gear. But levels are just numbers, and I don't find them particularly that important. However, why don't we head on up to Floor 2, and try our hands at fighting a few <>. You can pick up a few crafting materials to have one of the Guild Smiths try his hand at forging you a new weapon once we finish up." He replied conversationally.

"i don't know much about them or where they are so you will have to show me but yeah im ready to kill some dragons so lets start heading out are you going to help me or is this me alone." Garet walks over toward the door holding it open for the guild leader getting a little bit nervous that he will be fighting a monster he knew nothing about he says "can i get some info on these beast like movement patterns or does it hunt in packs does it use its wings in a fight im going to need to know a bit more info on the thing."

Saix ambles after him easily, as though he has no care in the world. "Don't worry, I will be there with you. I'm not going to toss you to the wolves, or in this case dragons..." He shakes his head at his own bad joke. "They can't fly, or even breathe fire, they are basically just hatched. Think like a fantasy looking komodo dragon minus the toxic saliva. They like to bite and claw and have a bit more HP then most Floor 2 monsters, but they aren't that powerful. For the most part you can encounter them solo, but it's possible to aggro more than 1. We will be careful, and if too many end up attacking us I will take care of it. This is just a chance to see you in action." He explains, his hands in his coat pockets. "But don't take any big risks, you have nothing you need to prove to me. This is just a chance to see how you handle the combat system, not some big test of your courage or anything like that." He adds, in a serious tone.

"well sir as soon as you said new sword i was in just lead me to where they are we'll kill a few have a laugh or two then hopefully get a new sword then you can look over the nights events or something and hopefully i get into the guild so lets go kill some stuff." Garet smiles walking toward the field happy that this was happening he had always wanted to be in a guild like this one.