[PP|F3]<<Elvish Rivalries>>Lions in the Woods

Bounding through the trees and forest, Assassin made her way through. Doing nothing in particular other than practicing with her speed, she found fun to just run around without much a of a care in the world. Leveling and grinding was so much of a hassle and it would be utterly boring to do that all the time. Tank-lady had left and everyone else was busy. Being a dagger user sure did make you extremely fast, but actually doing damage in the early stages was difficult without someones help. The quests coming up could be kind of difficult without a little more experience to unlock her next sword arts anyways.

A bush basically exploded next to Ariel and Kimba when the Assassin jumped though it. "Ah!" The girl screamed as she plowed directly into the lion cub. The both of them went rolling a few feet before they slid to stop. "Oh! S-Sorry kitty!"

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Spoiler

General
Level: 4 | HP:  80/80 | Energy: 8/8

Stats
DMG: 5 | EVA: 2 |  ACC: 2 | MIT: 18

Skills
Dagger Rank I

Equipment(In use)
Dark Cloak(LA): MIT II; EVA I
Fastening Belts(Tri): ACC II; EVA I
Kami Sori(Dagger): DMG III

Equipment(Standby)
Antique Dagger(Tri): LD 3

Consumables
(5x)Starting Healing Potion[50 HP]

Of course this particular blonde wouldn't be on this floor out of her own will... right? She would act like a front liner and push ever upwards, well not really. She was running an errand and needed to reach a certain establishment near the elf village located on this floor. Since someone decided to build their shop far from civilization, well in the sense of player civilization because for the many times she had come to the Delilah setlement, the blonde enjoyed her time amongst the elven NPCs. The part of going through the forest to reach that one spot was what was annoying her. With a glance forwards, she located her white furred guide that insisted on taking point whenever she'd take her outside. "Feels like home eh?" asked the blonde, since this environment was so similar to the jungle where these two meet for the first time and their long partnership started.

Kimba didn't even get to reply to the blonde with a growl while Ariel only saw a dark clad flash cross in front of her. The only warning the feline got were just faint footsteps from her side moments before finding herself rolling on the ground alongside a smol girl. Once the world stopped spinning, Kimba gaining her balanced with feral agility and started hissing at her assailant, ready to pounce the girl. Moments later, Ariel made her way through the shrubbery and saw the apologizing girl. "Kimba.... " she said like a mother looking down on her child, warning her with just a gaze. The blonde crouched in an attempt to help the girl dust herself up and get back on her feet: "Are you okay, you two rolled downwards quite a distance." She added with a smile when she took a better look at the girl.

Spoiler
  • 1,450 HP (71 x20 +30[athletics])
  • 142 Energy (71 x2)
  • 103 Mitigation (25 +63[armor] +45 -30)
  • +3 Accuracy (1[precision] +2[trinket])
  • +1 Evasion (1[Sprint & Acrobatics])
  • 24 Base Damage (1[base] +7[weapon skill] +1[athletics] +9[familiar] +1[ferocity] +2[food] +3[potion])
  • +4 Fallen Damage (Successful attack rolls of 6-8 (before modifiers) gain (2 per slot * Tier) fallen damage to your total base damage.)
  • +16 HP While in combat, recover 1% of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.
  • +24 HP Holy Blessing (After taking damage, heal [8 per slot * Tier] HP at the beginning of your next turn. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Holy Blessing. Can only trigger once per round.)
  • +5 LD +2 LD more when searching for sub-dungeons and labyrinths. Labyrinth search cooldown: 3 posts)
  • Life Mending (Increases the user’s healing done to other targets through skills and use of consumable items by 10% of the initial heal (rounded down) per slot.)
  • Absolute Accuracy (Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. Gain +1 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to trigger a critical hit.)
  • Keen (After a successful attack, gain +2 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this)

[Equipment]:
» ≪Shi’s Talon# 134787≫

Spoiler

T2: Absolute Accuracy | Keen | Fallen
 A long two handed assault spear made of polished maple. Its tip is a brilliant golden colour and is surrounded by tufts of white feathers.

» ≪Leonidas' Strength#134785≫ 

Spoiler

T3: Life Mending | Holy Blessing | Damage Mitigation+ | Damage Mitigation+
 A blood red cape with a black inverted V design in the middle of the back, if worn as light armor; one of the trademark items worn by the Spartans that fought until the last man.

» ≪Keen Eye#75489≫

Spoiler

T1: Accuracy | Accuracy | Keen
 A obsidian ring with thin parallel silver linings, that is said to increase one's eyesight.

» ≪Dimensional Backpack≫

[Battle Ready Inventory]:
» Basic Teleport [Crystal]
» ≪Firm Resolve# 134713-5≫

Spoiler

T3: Recovery | Recovery | Accuracy
A pair of crimson red earrings that slightly glow when the recovery enchantment procs.

[Skills]:
9761534c0bfad0139788a207e49ce84e.png

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

The child shook her head loose of the branches and dizziness while trying to regain her senses. The lion cub growled lowly as they came apart until its owner came in between them.

"Are you okay, you two rolled downwards quite a distance." Her voice was kind of deep but soft, unlike Assassin's higher pitched voice.

"I'm fine lady, thanks! I was just running around, I didn't mean to jump into the kitty." The Assassin said, petting the cub with her free hand. "What are you doing wandering around in this forest all alone? It could be dangerous around here. I heard there were these big tree guys that fight with the pointy eared guys. You could get caught up in their mess." She pointed out, getting up off the ground and dusting off her ragged cloak. The Assassin walked over to the lion again and started to pet its head more. "You have a really nice lion, his name is Kimba? Hi, Kimba!"

" Odd playground for a kid. " remarked the blonde, opting not to think about the age connotation associated with the word "lady" and instead focusing on the little girl in front of her. " Dangerous? " Ariel tilted her head questioning, a little amused by her concern but quickly tried to change her expression to not appear condescending. "Also I'm not alone, I have Kimba to protect me. She's a fighter familiar. " Seeing how Kimba happily accepted the attention as always and the girl seemed to be content with that she left them to their devices and pondered more about what she said. Tree guys and pointy ears... so something about elves and tree people. "Is this some sort of quest?" she asked, her interest picked by what she mentioned earlier. She looked around for a bit in hopes to maybe catch a glimpse of these beings and this strife they had.

Assassin pulled up her menu, and scrolled down to her active quests right now, showing Ariel the names of them. Her name and level was presented openly too. At this point, she had stopped caring if people know her name. While she turned the menu over to Ariel to see, she continued to pet Kimba on the head.

"Yep! The both of them think they are mean and they want help trying to win the battle against the other. So you can help either side. I accepted the quests but I don't know which one to do, and I'm not quite sure I could even take it right now. Dagger user's a cut short on the ability to hit too many targets at once and that's a lot of fighting that I can't handle at my level. If you were wanting to do it, could I join you? I wanna get stronger so no meanies can bully me, but I need help."

The blonde peered over the mission detail presented to her via the girl's HUD while also listening to her. She stopped reading midway as she heart her desire to become stronger which lacked the usual pride and discomfort she'd see associated with asking help. She genuinely wanted to get stronger and that resonated profoundly with the spear user as she herself went with the same wish to her mentor who took her under her wing. Instinctively, the blonde drew closer to the girl and reached for her shoulder:
"Why would anyone wanna bully such a cute little girl like Sin-chan." she added while gently squeezing her shoulder, then kneeling she gets even closer and tried to stroke her head while saying: " Please let me know when someone bullies you again and I'll personally make sure they don't bother you again. " she muttered affectionately like an older sister talking to her younger sibling. Being the only child in her household, Ariel never really had the opportunity to act as a big sis so she wouldn't recognize the maternal instincts kicking in right now.

The Assassin recoiled slightly as Ariel reached down and grabbed her shoulder then started stroking her hair. Her face flushed red momentarily, but she didn't refuse it. "Nuh- S-Sin-Chan? Who is Sin-Chan? M-Me?" The girl pointed to herself. "I- uh, I mean... the meanies are all around the outside areas. They attack you if you get to close and they try hurt me..."

Almost on queue, one of the treeants moved from it's stationary position, annoyed by the girls mumbling. "You two should not have come here," it's voice boomed. The sound awakened the other three that were now surrounding the two players and the lion cub. Assassin's expression got serious but scared at the same time. "Oh... That's a lot of meanies! Leave us alone!" She called out, backing behind Kimba. She had never seen this many of them at once. Usually she only fought them one on one. "They're not going to let me run, are they..."

Assassin: 120/120 | 12/12 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2
Ariel:

Treeant Soldier 1: 65/65 | MIT: 30 | DMG: 15
Treeant Soldier 2: 65/65 | MIT: 30 | DMG: 15
Treeant Soldier 3: 65/65 | MIT: 30 | DMG: 15
Treeant Soldier 4: 65/65 | MIT: 30 | DMG: 15

Edited by Assassin

The blonde nodded before the mobs spawned then quizzically  "Meanies?" Ariel would look around them and see the trees come to live, one of them addressing them. The four light red cursors confirmed the new mobs, which seemed to scare the girl. Kimba, sensing her fear puffs up and started hissing around protecting Assassin, already adopting her as one of her pack. Ariel on the other hand was surprised by her reaction at first but still didn't brandish her weapon yet. She found her reaction amusing and seeing Kimba take her under her care only add up to the feeling wheeling inside her. She tried to stroke hair in order to soother but Assassin seemed genuinely afraid, which she'd need to get over it and as soon as possible. She learned it the hard way and agreed with the method. "Don't worry sweetie, they can't hurt you unless you want let them. Also you're under the protection of the mighty white lioness. She'll never let a member of her pack get hurt."

As soon as one of the treants got to close, Ariel clenched her teeth and materialized her equipped weapon. She got up and held in her hand a maple spear with a brilliant golden spearhead  surrounded by tufts of white feathers. With one step, the blonde did a wide 360º horizontal spin with her weapon, the feathers leaving a white ring around them as the mobs explode into pixelated spectacles.

Concentration Skill Used!

ID #150987  BD: 9+5   Weeping Moon: (24 +5)x9 =261 -30 =231 DMG @Treeant Soldier 1
ID #150988  BD: 1+5   Weeping Moon: (24 +5)x9 =261 -30 =231 DMG @Treeant Soldier 2
ID #150989  BD: 2+5   Weeping Moon: (24 +5)x9 =261 -30 =231 DMG @Treeant Soldier 3
ID #150990  BD: 10+5 Weeping Moon: (24 +5)x9 =261 -30 =231 DMG @Treeant Soldier 4

Keen proc. +2 ACC

Assassin: 120/120 | 12/12 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2
Ariel:   1450/1450 | 128/142 | 24 | 103 | 1 | 3 

Treeant Soldier 1: 65/65 | MIT: 30 | DMG: 15
Treeant Soldier 2: 65/65 | MIT: 30 | DMG: 15
Treeant Soldier 3: 65/65 | MIT: 30 | DMG: 15
Treeant Soldier 4: 65/65 | MIT: 30 | DMG: 15

Assassin ducked underneath the blade, hiding behind the cub lion as Ariel completely wiped out all of the giant trees in a single attack. She was completely awestruck by the effectiveness that Ariel was able to output. "Whoa! That was amazing lion-lady! I would never be able to do anything like that with a little dagger!" The girl praised the front liner. Could she be as strong as that one day?

The feeling of rumbling shook the ground around them as three more approached them. The Assassin drew her dagger and readied herself for some combat. She activated a sword art, her tiny weapon glowed crimson red like blood. The bounding speed of Assassin wasn't much more than a blur. The girl dug her dagger into the biggest of all of the giant trees. "Hey, meanies! Leave us alone!"

That probably wasn't her best idea, as the biggest one was looking at her now and ready to smash her into nothing.

image.thumb.png.4f4f61956e135dae3d83c65868a358da.png

Assassin: 120/120 | 10/12 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2
Ariel: 1450/1450 | 128/142 | 24 | 103 | 1 | 3 

Treeant Soldier 5: 65/65 | MIT: 30 | DMG: 15
Treeant Soldier 6: 65/65 | MIT: 30 | DMG: 15
Treeant Commander: 99/100 | MIT: 55 | DMG: 20

Edited by Assassin

The blonde couldn't help but find charming the way the dagger user gained a little more courage once she felt more safe around the blonde and her familiar. However, something bothered her and Ariel was quick to ask: "Lion-lady sounds so cold, I might get sad and cry. My name's Ariel." she pointed above her head towards where her name should be hovering for others. "But I'd really appreciate it and it would make me really happy if you'd call me Nee-chan." she asked with a smile. "Think about it." and after a wink she went after the same mob as Assassin, activating one of the less used AoE from her kit. She made a alternating sweeping motions aimed to damage multiple targets. She eyed the mob that the girl attacked: " She seemed to have a good eye in assessing the most dangerous of the bunch" she though, narrowing her eyes. Once the other two mobs exploded in the familiar death animation, the blonde let out an annoyed "tsk" through gritted teeth as her sword art ended and the commander was still standing. 

Assassin: 120/120 | 10/12 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2
Ariel: 1450/1450 | 121/142 | 24 | 103 | 1 | 3 

ID #150998  BD: 10+6 Hellish Twice (24 +5) *4 =116 -30 =86 DMG @Treeant Soldier 5
ID #150999  BD: 3+6 Hellish Twice (24 +5) *4 =116 -30 =86 DMG @Treeant Soldier 6
ID #151000  BD: 2+6  MD: 4 Miss
 Hellish Twice (24 +5) *4 =116 -55 =61 DMG @Treeant Commander

Keen proc. +2 ACC

Treeant Commander: 38/100 | MIT: 55 | DMG: 20

"Nee-chan? Like big sister? I don't have any siblings, so that would be kind of weird, but alright, if that's what you prefer." The Assassin's seemed a little more serious now that she was in combat. Looks like she took it much more seriously when she got into it. Noticing that the big tree was still alive, she moved behind it quickly, creating a flanking angle between the two of them and climbing on the treant's back. 

"You survived Aneki's attack! You should feel so lucky, but you wont last against the next one you overgrown bush!" The girl taunted, lighting up her her sword art again, the scarlet color of red cloaking her weapon. "Now that your friends are gone, its time for you to go as well! You can't beat us both!" 

The blood red dagger dug deep as possible into the bark of the tree. The kid slid down on its back, tearing the bark open as she clawed down it's back. "Take that meanie!"

image.thumb.png.e605a5be6a01c9053888ebe5dee1d8b3.png

Assassin: 120/120 | 8/12 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2

Treeant Commander: 37/100 | MIT: 55 | DMG: 20

Edited by Assassin

"Exactly! Like that!" claimed the blonde, delight more apparent on her expression with each passing second. She watches Sin-chan flank the remaining mob and climb its body before unleashing a wave of surprised attacks. In the blonde's eyes, she had the the ferocity of a squirrel fighting a tree to reach its nuts, however this tree was constient and fought back. The blonde's decided to finish it off before it might've swap its attention from the blonde to her new little sister. "There you go, they're not so scary, these meanies... With a little training you can easily kill them and aim towards the higher floors. Things get much more interesting up there. " after her little pep talk, she pointer her slender right index upwards. "way higher than this noob area." getting ready to finish off this creature, the blonde slowly exhaled and lowered her center of gravity. Next she dashed towards the treant ended its existence with a decisive strike through the lower part of its body. Making sure to catch Assassin in her arms when the mob explodes into pixels.

Assassin: 120/120 | 12/12 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2
Ariel: 1450/1450 | 119/142 | 24 | 103 | 1 | 3 

ID# 151018  BD: 4+6 Revolve Arts 5*24 =120 -55 =65 DMG
Keen proc. +2 ACC

Treeant Commander: 37/100 | MIT: 55 | DMG: 20

The girl quietly grunted when she landed in Ariel's arms. "Oof, thanks." She smiled putting her feet back on the ground and stretching out her skinny legs. When she was finished, she moved over to Kimba and pet him eagerly. The little lion cub purred happily to its attention that the child was giving it.

"Was that all of them? We took out so many of the meanies and bullies. But the quest hasn't finished ye-" She was interrupted by yet another tree taking life around them. It stood up, a giant dwarfing it's bark brothers in height and size. "You arrogant children, how dare you treat my kin as such. You shall pay dearly!"

"Whoa! He's a big one! You can beat 'em up though, Aneki! Hit 'em hard!" The Assassin was more energetic than normal but she was still somewhat scared, hiding behind her makeshift sister. She clung lightly to the Crowned Lion's garbs, peaking through the side look on the battle.

Treeant Commander: 150/150 | MIT: 75 | DMG: 25

The blonde frontliner let out a soft giggled after letting Sin down and watching her interact with the feline familiar. Like Ariel in the little time they've been together Kimba had seemed to uncharacteristically attach herself and 'adopt' her. At the sight of such scene, the blonde would reminisce of the time she took under her care a apprentice and while living together for a short while she engraved the basics of tailoring and swordsmanship onto the budding player. Maybe it was a time to give it another try and step into her father's footsteps once more...

Such peaceful thoughts were filled for another time as another tree came to life and adressed them. She took a moment to asses the mob while placing her hand on Sin's head, to calm her as she clinged to her."Leave it to Nee-chan!" she claimed with a smile towards the girl.
Then with a more serious expression adressed the new apparition: "We have no intention to meddle in your petty fights with the elves. Leave us be and each can go mind their own business." Muttered the blonde, while with her free hand she brushed the hair behind her ear. She hoped that seeing as they we're not the enemy, this more predominant tree folk would be more rational than the rest that attacked them blindly. Secretly wanting to teach Sin that fighting shouldn't be anything but the last solution; she let out a sigh as the 'King' didn't seemed inclined to talk anymore and rushed towards them. Its vines extending menacing in her direction. 

With a soft, audible sigh the blonde let go oh Sin and grabbed her white feathered spear with both hands. She gave it a few overhead spins and with one final horizontal slash she made a clean cut throughout the King's trunk. The body, now split in two halves, tumbled to the ground where moments later got engulfed in the pixelated animation signaling its demise. 

Ariel: 1450/1450 | 114/142 | 24 | 103 | 1 | 3 

ID# 151109  BD: 8+6 (FLN proc) Divide - Stun + 8*(24+5+4) =232 -75 =189 DMG @ Treeant King

Treeant King: 150/150 | MIT: 75 | DMG: 25

Assassin watched in awe of the Lioness's prowess. Ariel was an unstoppable force compared to herself. It was difficult to even comprehend how much more powerful the blonde was to the rogue. She was really glad that Ariel hadn't gotten mad at her for plowing directly into Kimba, and that Kimba was nice.

"Whoa! That guy looked like he could-a squashed me and you took him down without a problem! You're amazing Nee-chan!" The Assassin cheered happily, looking at the remnants of the data that made up the remains of the Treant King. The colors faded quickly and were gone as soon as they were there. The child's emerald eyes returned to meet the Lioness's, a smile on her face. "I wish I could be as strong as you. I need to keep getting stronger so I can protect myself and next time I can help you fight better!"

The Assassin returned to petting Kimba, who was still enjoying the amount of attention the preteen was giving her. The girls hands carressed the lion cub's ear, getting more purring out of the feline.

A 'Mission Completed' notification appeared on Ariel's HUD, confirming that the walking trees indeed had been a part of some quest that involved the elven kin as well. It looked like they only needed to meet a certain elf in the village nearby to inform them of the King's death and the two would get their deserved rewards. Squinting her eyes, she makes a couple of hand gestures and promotes Assassin as the group leader. It looked like this was one of the low level quest she'd skipped by when she was chasing her dream of becoming one of the progressors. She let out a soft snort accompanied by a smirk as she realized that she had achieved that goal. 

"How about we go back to the village and inform them that they have less meanies to worry about?" asked the blonde while extending her hand, hoping that Sin-chan would want to hand hold on their way back.

"They look more tough on the outside than they really are." Snapping a branch from a nearby tree the blonde examined it before it pixelated itself out of existence. "You can become strong too. It took me a long time to become one of the frontliners.." she paused and gently shook her head as she continued: "But it doesn't have to be that long for you as well. I walked on this path mostly alone, with nothing more to guide me than my old guildmaster's principles and my gut feeling." the blonde balled her hand in front of her chest to empathise how important is for her to listen to her instincts.

"But.." she suddenly open her balled fist wide " it doesn't have to be the same for you. Don't you have friends you could adventure with?" she asked, genuine curiosity mirrored in her silver eyes.

Assassin inspected the Crowned Lion pure skinned hand reaching out to her. The feeling she was getting was foreign. Ariel's gesture was hesitantly accepted. The girl's hand wrapped around the others. A weird feeling.

"Um...Y-Yeah." It was clear that there was some awkwardness in the hand holding but, she could get over it. The attention was nice at least. Turning to Kimba and gesturing her to come along, the three of them made haste to the elven village. Kimba led the way as usual for Ariel. "I can be strong, but maybe not as strong as you. My little weapon doesn't do a whole lot of damage. I need to get better."

"Don't you have friends you could adventure with?" The Lioness asked. Assassin stopped to think. It was difficult to remember the names of people she met, good thing she uses nicknames for people.

"Um, there's tank-lady and shadow-lady, and the other lady from the first floor I met. I can't remember her name." Assassin puts plainly. 

Edited by Assassin

She could sense her hesitation though her hand and found it very cute but did her best to resist the urge to squeeze it even more. She listened to her reply thought for a second, she had no firsthand experience only wielding a rapier but... "I've dealt with a scary lady with pink hair. She had the highest body count back there, we even crossed paths several times during meeting and she dealt serious damage while fighting bosses and such. All the weapons have that potential, if not they wouldn't have added them to the game!" said the blonde with conviction, lightly tapping her forehead with her free hand. "It all comes to the players, meaning each one of us, to tab into that potential and use it smartly." or something along those lines, even if this was a death game, it was a pretty well made one at least. That was one of the factors that made her put on the helmet that fateful day.

Shaking her head to banish those thoughts she continued on their current topic: "Tank-lady and shadow-lady... it doesn't really sound like you're friends with them.. more like... um... acquaintances? people you've meet around but didn't get to know that well, like we're doing right now." she gave her a little squeeze of her hand for emphasis.

Ariel was talking about someone who killed other players, if she could recall. Pink hair. She would have to remember to look out for someone like that so she doesn't get beat up by them or anything. The elven village was coming up through the trees ahead of them. "I know them a little better than you. I have been on quests with them before and they were both nice to me. I just have a hard time remembering names is all, so I just use nicknames to make it easier on myself. I'm still a low level player so I'm not very familiar with anyone who is actually spending time to level up just yet. I like both of them. Tank-lady is super nice and worries a lot about me, maybe a little too much. Shadow-lady is a little more mean but she still has a really nice side to. You're super nice too!"

The duo walked into the village and had a short chat with the pointy eared people, before making their way out of the place. The gave Assassin a vial of some liquid that she didn't quite recognize. "Um... Shouldn't you take this?" She asked holding the vial of a potion up to the other woman. "You did all the work and if you want, I don't have anything else to do. Wanna do something fun, like another quest?"

Listening to her describing the two players, the blonde could do little more than agree. Everyone build relationships differently, she'd experienced at least that for own skin. With a small nods Ariel replied: "They seem like interesting individuals, maybe I'll get to meet them sometime." a soft smile taking over her usual not so happy expression. AT this point the blonde almost forgot her initial goal of why she came to this floor and was glad that she could chalk this quest off her backlog. 
Ariel, shook her head and adamantly refused the vial: "You tried your best to help and I for one believe that such effort should be rewarded so keep it! I'm more than happy with just knowing that I'd never have to think about doing the quest. It would stay unused be forgotten somewhere in my inventory." explained the blonde, her eyebrows raised at the pleasant suggestion of another quest for fun. "Most certainly, I'd really like that too!" she claimed with glee, already mentally scrolling over a potential list of quests that she could do with her.

Rewards:

• 4 SP each
  • 950 Col each
  • Assassin receives <<Nature's Blessing>>. This item has (3) charges and may not be refilled. This item does not stack and may not be sold for Col, it becomes bound to the player. When used, Nature's Blessing heals you for (15 x Player's Tier) HP.