[SP-F3] <<Earning a Living>>

It took her a second to realize it, but suddenly she wasn't afraid anymore! When they had started fighting, it seemed like nothing she could do could even touch this guy. But now, after having hit him a few good ones, and seeing him miss, he didn't seem quite so unbeatable. Sure, he had 1 and a half times her health, but she trusted in her gear, and hoped it would see her through the battle. Flipping her blade around in an underhand grip, she charged Fud Edge, before springing forward in a leaping stab.

Dice: 7 Success

Damage: 1 + 2 = 3

Ayane: 13/15

Hanzo Hattori: 11/20

She ducked and spun, right under his attack using all her skill and balance to stay ahead of his short blade. Why did she feel so alive? What was it about fighting in this game that was so much of a rush? She was alive! And she was going to stay that way! Taking her stiletto dagger in two hands, she charged a rapid bite of her own, and attacked for his torso. But this wasn't an enemy like the Gargoyle that just flailed around. Hanzo was cool under fire, and as he twisted away she remembered he was a dangerous opponent.

Dice: 1 Fail

Damage: Nadda

Ayane: 13/15

He managed to easily dodge her attack and sighed spinning the bladed in his hand. He slowly stepped back and watched his opponent closely, she was becoming more careful which made this more interesting for him. He ran up to her like before and stabbed her chest three times. "Rapid Bite."

Ayane: 11/15

Oh, crap! One attack brought them back to even HP, and with his weird Bleeding Skill, he could halve her life in one attack! Her only advantage was that it seemed her weapon could do more damage per hit, but if he hit her again, she would need to use another Healing Crystal, and she had to pray that it wasn't his Jagged Edge attack again, that would destroy her Hp bar. But she couldn't afford to freeze now, or else she would loose her momentum. She had to attack, so she darted forward again in a quick thrust.

Dice: 5 + 2 (Accessory) = 7 Success

Damage: 1 + 2 (Weapon) = 3

Ayane: 11/15

Hanzo Hattori: 8/20

Hanzo knew his health was running low, but this was all part of the thrill of battle. He retreated back as he was struck by her blade and clenched his own blade tightly. "Not bad, you're showing you're capable of carrying my reward." He dashed towards her and tried to attack her again like before. "Rapid Bite."

Ayane: 10/15

Hanzo Hattori: 8/20

Down to 1/3 of her health, she couldn't keep this up for long without healing. In fact, he had already shown he could reduce her by another 1/3 of her health in one shot, and she didn't want to slip into the Red Zone. So she popped another crystal from her belt, and focused on activating the healing effect. With her HP restored she was feeling confident that this battle was in the bag. With a grim smile, she rushed forward again, her thin blade angled to pierce his torso one more time.

Dice:

Damage:

Ayane: 15/15

Hanzo Hattori: 5/20

Hanzo was at the edge of loosing now and it was time to show some more strength. "Alright time for something more serious and true to my path." He reached into a bag on the back side of his waist running up to her and pulled out a smoke bomb. He dropped the smoke bomb, appearing behind his target and attempted to pierce her from behind only to miss.

Hanzo Hattori: 5/20

Her blind confusion ended up sparing her from his sneaky attack, because when the smoke bomb went off she stumbled forward a few steps, and his sudden attack from behind missed. What were with these skills? She had never seen weapon skills wielded by enemies that weren't just normal skills, was this what he meant by his path? Gritting her teeth, and readying her weapon, she charged rapid bite and moved in for another quick strike.

Dice: 5 + 2 (Accessory) = Succcess

Damage: 1 + 2 (Weapon) = 3

Hanzo Hattori: 2/20

Hanzo stepped back when he was hit by the attack and nodded sheathing his blade. "Enough, I have seen all that was necessary. You have proven worthy of my path and I give it onto you." He opened a menu different to the players HUD menu and began to sort through it. "You shall now walk the Path of Shadows through the use of my Unique Skill, The Shadowed Path. You shall be known by the title of Kage, bring honor and fame to this title in my place. You are now the Kage, and for being such I bestow upon you," He kneeled down pulling his weapon with its scarab in front of him and placed it in front of her standing up. "Yamikiba, or Fang of Darkness. May it serve you well." He turned slowly and quietly walking away.

Just like that, the battle was over. Her opponent's cursor had gone back to green, so he wasn't going to attack, and seemed more interested in talking again. And as he talked, she listened dumbfounded. 'Unique Skill?' Did he mean a skill like Heathcliff-sama's Holy Blade, where only one user ever discovered the skill? She didn't even get the chance to ask any questions, he just left his sword and walked away, disappearing back into the darkness that he had come from. Unreal... Bending down, she picked up the 'Yamikiba' and examined it. It was obviously high quality, and unique like the skill, it was almost a shortsword, and yet he could use dagger attacks with it... SHE could use dagger attacks with it. This was big news, and she wasn't sure what to do with it. She was confused as to who to tell, and what to do.