[SP-F1] Zero's Travels

Zero remained as he crossed through the grasslands at the northwest of Starting City, it seemed too calm in his opinion. Something doesn't feel right... He looked around and stayed vigilant in case his paranoia was correct. He sighed as he spotted a Wolf to his left, it was slowly approaching him and seemed determined to take Zero down. The Wolf charged without a second thought and went straight for Zero's arm, only to find the edge of a sword in the way. Good try. He slashed the wolf quickly dealing with it after a few more moves and watched the creature vanishes as he sheathed his weapon. "Better keep walking, don't want to end up getting found out by any more of those things." He whispered to himself as he quietly resumed walking.

After a few minutes of walking Zero had stopped and sat down taking a rest from the long walk. He brought up his menu and began to scroll through it checking his inventory. "Hmm... Dragon Hide, and that's about it... The rest isn't really much..." He quickly opened up the map which showed his location. "Shouldn't be too far from Horunka Village, though I'm surprised that I haven't stumbled onto more enemies on the way other than that Wolf. Last time this place had plenty to fight with..." He laid back on the ground and stared at the sky, it all seemed so surreal to him. His thoughts were elsewhere now as he laid quietly on the ground and closed his eyes drifting away.

Several minutes had passed, around seven to nine, before Zero awoke and opened his eyes. He sat up and looked around finding himself to be alone. "Maybe forming a party with someone would have been a better idea than going at it solo..." He mumbled as he stood up and stretched. "I mean I've been at this solo for a while and it's kind of boring... Also kind of depressing..."

Zero scratched his head and sighed looking at the empty space surrounding him. Only the wind could be heard and only the swaying grass could be seen. He sat down and looked at the sky. I should probably try out a few more quests and get me a better weapon like this armor Leafa made for me... My gear's good for out here, but it won't stand a chance against a real opponent like a dungeon boss... He sighed taking his sword out from its scarab and looked at the blade, it wasn't very impressive and one could tell it wasn't very effective. "Damn I need gear... Now..."

Santouryuu cut a strange figure as it strode across the hills, garbed in dark armor modeled after a dragon, that glittered like scales, with 3 swords sheathed at the waist. Stopping it's march nearby, Santouryuu stared down at the player Zero for a long moment, before finally speaking in a low voice that sounded as a harsh whisper. "You, I challenge you to a duel. Face me, Santouryuu, in combat. Face my Coordinated Edge, and lay victory before my feet." Said the figure, drawing two of his swords. "Defeat me and I shall reward you with my blessing and curse." It said, placing a sword between it's teeth and drawing it's third sword to stand ready before his chosen opponent.

Zero looked at the figure and opened his HUD menu. "I see alright then, you've caught my attention." He opened his inventory and browsed through it. "I accept your challenge." He picked his recently acquired weapon The Abyss and selected it. He closed his menu pointing his blade at the stranger and grinned. "I'll start..." He dashed towards Santouyuu and raised his blade over his left shoulder. "Slant..." He whispered slashing diagonally to the bottom right corner aiming for his chest. This isn't a normal fight... Something's seriously weird about this guy...

Zero: 17/17 HP

Santo: 22/26 HP

Grunting in surprise, Santouryuu steps back, pausing slightly for only a moment, before it's glowing eyes narrow. Flourishing the blade in it's right hand, Santouryuu dashes forward in a quick 2 count stroke, attacking with both weapons in its hand.

Miss

Zero: 17/17

Santouryuu: 22/26

Zero quickly moved away from the attack and sprung forward at Santouryuu. He decided to use the same attack as before and threw the sword over his shoulder. "You're different, I like that.." He quickly threw the sword down attempting a slice like the one before.

Miss

Santouryuu: 22/26

Santouryuu merely grunts, whether or not it was so quiet was a result of the sword hilt clenched between it's teeth, or if it was simply that serious was unknown. Spinning each sword lazily, it crouched and paused only to beckon Zero forth again. Come at me then, show me your skill It seemed to say.

Zero nodded understanding the mysterious swordsman and crouched down slightly. He sprung forward moving towards his target quickly. "Alright here I come..." He muttered running towards the figure, slashing his sword through the air hoping to hit.

Hit -3

Santouryuu: 19/26

Santouryuu merely nodded as though satisfied, before preparing it's own weapons to attack. Whipping the two swords around in quick, tight, arcs. But Zero proved too nimble, and the slashes missed. Aside from a slight pulse to the glow of the eyes hidden beneath the helmet, Santouryuu showed no sign of emotion towards his miss.

Zero noticed the figures strange calmness and articulate state. He felt somewhat unsettled by this and gripped his sword quickly held it at his side. He ran in a zig zag before finally dashing past his opponent hoping to have hit.

Hit -3

Santouryuu: 16/26

Zero reacted in a few seconds after and turned on the tip of his shoe. He quickly impulsed himself and rushed toward Santouryuu. He slightly lowered himself as he ran and aimed slashing below his targets waist without looking.

Hit -4

Santouryuu: 12/26

Zero sighed in relief thanking that he'd gotten new armor and a very decent sword. "Alright let's do this.." He slashed at the silent fighter furiously hoping to land at least a hit or two on the target. "Nearly done... No time to slack off now..."

Hit -4

Santouryuu: 5/12

Stepping back with a grunt, Santouryuu paused, glaring at his opponent for a long moment, before plunging it's two swords into the ground. For a moment it stood still and silent before pulling the sword from between it's clenched teeth, and thrusting it beside the other two. Very well. I gift you this curse swordsman. You will live and die by these swords now, hounded by those that would wish to take this Unique Skill from you. Coordinated Edge will provide you the strength to fight them off, until at last a swordsman appears and pries these blades and the skill to wield them from your cold dead fingers." With that, the dragon armored figure turned and simply walked away.

Zero listened to the figure as he spoke and watched him leave. He stared at the three blades before him and carefully touched them, they vanished and appeared on his side. He opened his HUD and looked at the blades names. "The Three Great Beasts... Leviathan, Ziz and Behemoth..." He looked at the sword closing the HUD and then at the direction the mysterious swordsman had traveled. "Coordinated Edge, three sword style... I see..." He slowly nodded to himself and turned on his heel walking in the direction to Tolbana, the sun beginning to set. "Time to do some training...."