Quest Accept: (First Few Lessons Are Free) [F01/OP]

*Null wanders the town of beginnings in search of information on some easy quests and comes across the workshop of Zackariah, curious he enters*

Um... Hello? *quietly* Huh. This place looks a little dead for a starter workshop.

*Null begins to look around the workshop to learn the specialty of this man, eventually coming across Zackariah himself*

*Normal Tone* Is anyone here? I've come looking for a quest and I heard this is a good starting place. I assume you are the man they refer to, would you happen to be Zackariah?

If the quest I've heard about is still available I would very much like to take it on, though I would like some more details if at all possible. Would there be any combat or dungeon crawling, what should I prepare for. Honestly, all of the information I gathered was very vague. Though I guess I should be grateful for any information in the beginning town.

Sorry, where are my manners, I should introduce myself, my name is Null! As you can probably tell I am still quite new to this game, I am not picky on tasks as long as I have detail.

Edited by Null

Well, if she was going to get started again after 2 years of doing absolutely nothing, she had to start somewhere. While you could hardly call Yuurei a beginner, she was still vast info broker or anything. Going through the Beginner's Questline only felt natural. Walking into the alchemist's hut, the ghost was met with another player, who was speaking to the quest NPC already. Her quiet demeanor and lazy eyes showed nothing to work with.

"Good morning, Zach." Her voice came of casually. "I'm looking to take up your quest. Need to get these done before I go and do anything else." The yellowed pupils of her bright eyes fell on the newcomer, who was likely less experienced than she. Walking over to him with the quest objective now taken, she sighed. "Would you like to party up in case anything attacks us on our gathering mission?" The emerald clad woman waved her hand and got ready to send him an invite to her group.

@Null

Spoiler

General
Level: 4 | HP:  80/80 | Energy: 8/8

Stats
DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 |  ACC: 0 | MIT: 18 | HM: 2 | Rec: 2

Skills
Curved | Rank I

Equipment(In use)
Yuurei Shikiri: Dmg III
Yuurei no Kaze: HM II; Rec I
Samurai's Plate: MIT II; Rec I

Equipment(Standby)
--

Consumables
(5x)Starting Healing Potion[50 HP]

*Zackariah approaches from behind a desk standing proper and calm*

Zackariah: Why yes, I would be Zackariah. I am glad to see someone so eager to take on my quests.

Null: Quests? You mean there are multiple

Zackariah: Why yes, three to be exact. Would you like to take on just one or hear all three?

Null: I would like to hear all three before I accept any if you don't mind.

Zackariah: Of course, first of all, I require some tier 1 materials for my wares. I'd say five will suffice.

Secondly, we require more healing potions, so if you could help us produce at least one more and prove your crafting capabilities it would be appreciated.

Finally, a friend of mine, Lyle Tealeaf is a blacksmith around here, simply deliver this package to them. Surely all of those missions should be simple enough. 

*As the explanation finishes, Zackariah looks towards another player*

Zackariah: You two could even work together

*Null turns around quickly*

Null: Oh god! Sorry I didn't see you.

Spoiler

General
Level: 1 | HP:  20/20 | Energy: 2/2

Stats
DMG: 1 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 

Skills
None

Equipment(In use)
Vanity Leather Armor

Vanity Wooden Club

Consumables
(3) Starter Healing Potions

Edited by Null

Yuurei shakes her head. Many people overlooked her anyway. Confirming that her invitation was sent, she spoke up again.

"It comes with the title of being called a ghost. You look like you're pretty new to the game with all the vanity-looking gear." Her golden eyes scanned his figure up and down. If that gear wasn't enhanced, it would be a pretty odd looking style choice really. Most MMO players wanted to look they wore dragon's skin as a kilt or something. "I'm no where near as experienced, but a few front liners have helped me. Would you like me to help you figure out what you need to do to get these quest objectives done?"

Before even getting an answer from the boy, she started walking out the door with the new quest objectives on her HUD and took them out into the field as quickly as possible. She didn't really want to spend days on this. Unfortunately, this area didn't have anything that she could see yet. Needed to expand their view and find some material locations.

image.png

Quest Materials Found: [0/5]

"Sure, I would really appreciate the help" he accepts the party invite happily "you know I've always liked the simple look and lifestyle, it always sounds pretty underrated compared to the nor-" she is gone "wh... wait up!". 

He catches up to her "Man you just get right to the mission, don't you? Honestly, the game won't be as fun if you just rush in. Don't you think planning is a good thing?"

If anything he seems more interested in who this girl is and what leads her to a noob when she is friends with front liners. She seems to know Zackariah pretty well, but she takes on this beginners quest. He finds her interesting and will study her personality as he goes on. 

"So uh, thank you for inviting me, but why do you need such a low-level quest when you know front liners. Even if you are low level now they could blast you through the ranks if you are so quick to action. Not that that's a bad thing"

Spoiler

ID: 152496

LD Roll: 12

Edited by Null

The ghost raised an eyebrow as he asked her to slow down. Leveling in a game like this, there was no reason to be waiting around for levels to just fall in your lap.

"Most players around here get right to the business and look up the quest descriptions from brokers before they accept it. There is no boss on this quest and no special mobs to kill. All we have to do is collect materials the base way and turn them into a potion. Lady luck is fickle in this game for sure. The sooner we get out here and look around, the more likely we'll find what we need, or else we'll be out her all day."

Looking around in a new area, Yuu was able to find some materials hidden next to the base of a tree. She had only just remembered that they had no introductions. "My name is Yuurei. Call me Yuu or Rei for short. What's your name?"

image.png

Materials Found: [1/5]

"My name is Null, well don't you think we should also enjoy the experience? Even if we spend all day, it would just mean looking at the beauty of this world beyond the monsters." He gives a naive smile "Keeping a positive outlook makes it all more enjoyable, maybe it could bring Lady Luck closer to your side. She's always seemed to be a fan of those who appreciate her"

He picks up a material "Ha! See what I mean?! Put some excitement behind your motives and it'll feel like no time at all. Just a small smile could win you the game." He goes back to looking around with a smile on his face and humming a random tune. While hunting around he will look casually at the flowers and grass, appreciating the creatures and artificial life around him.

"This game really is amazing don't you think? It looks so beautiful, even if there are scary parts too."

Spoiler

ID: 152503

LD: 13

Edited by Null

Looking through the area for anything useful, Yuu sees that there is nothing that she can make use of for Zachariah. With a sigh, she listened to Null's explanation of this beautiful prison. The world itself might be amazing, but that made the prison of it only more bitter. A foul taste hinted on her tongue.

"Whatever you say. This world is actually just a pretty little jail to make you think that it isn't that bad. Whether or not you think it's something beautiful, it's still nothing but a prison and we are trapped." The girl said with her hands cuffed up in haori. She may have sounded harsh when she said that, but it was only the facts.

Nothing was showing up and more so Yuu would head around the bushed to see if she could find anything else on this side of the brush. If she was lucky, she could continue to find the materials she needed without needing to buff herself.

image.png

Null looks over with a raised brow, looking as he believes Yuu has something to hide. He approaches her "Why do you not accept to see any good in this "prison", it may be rough but it is still set in a fantasy world, one I am sure we all wanted to live in at some point in our lives. Like it or not, this is exactly the kind of world many people young and old have wished for. It was just twisted and we now see how dangerous a wish it truly was"

Looking around in some more bushes he laughs a little "We asked for this and now we must pay the price. I just choose to look at the bright side, sorry if that comes as a shock to you"

His search becomes more frantic and random, without truly looking and just pushing bushes. Laughing he says"These last three materials shouldn't be so hard to find"

Materials Found: [2/5]

Spoiler

ID: 152843

Roll: 8

Edited by Null

The hot sun was starting to get to her. While it was nothing like floor 24's maximum humid heat, it still bothered her none the less. Removing her haori from her shoulders and returning it to her hammerspace inventory, Yuu listens to her company's opinions about this game. People begged for a death trap of a game like this? She could see the sentiment that he was going for, but it didn't quite work in this situation. If fully virtual reality games were that swooned over, she wouldn't really know. Video games weren't really her forte.

"Look man, that's cool and all, but I don't think that people really wanted to be trapped in this game for the years that we've been stuck in here. People are dying and families are crying over their comatose loved ones in hospitals. Don't expect me to think that this awful place is anything good." Perhaps that was pretty harsh, but really the samurai had stopped caring. She just keeps trailing in life at this point, going with whatever really happened.

image.thumb.png.4e41e3b55fbf76bb4545f02857b03ca1.png

Edited by Yuurei

"I'm not expecting anything, I'm just wondering how you plan to make it out alive without the hope that you will, and looking for people here to give you a reason to escape" Null is just planning to keep silent at this point is he believes no matter what he says it's gonna piss his party member off. The two obviously have conflicting views on the situation but he wonders what brought them to this lack of hope.

As he looks around he finds another material and puts it in his bag. He knows nobody begged for this world but such a realistic MMORPG is a big deal. He knows that when people first heard of Sword Art Online they were probably losing their collective [censored]. In a world with no hope, how can progression possibly be made? He continues to hum a tune to take his mind off of the previous conversation, as he would rather stay oblivious and naive, than vengeful and rash.

Materials Found: [3/5]

Spoiler

ID: 152845

Roll: 20

Edited by Null

"Don't let my clashing opinions stop you from believing what you want to. I'm just relaying to you some of the cold hard facts that we should keep apparent in our minds as we continue living our lives here in this fake reality. I might not have anyone to return to on the other side of this digital barrier but that doesn't mean that there aren't others with families and loved ones who are crying for them." The boy had probably gotten tired of hearing her droning sadness, so maybe it was best to close her trap now.

Moving around a bit, now actually looking for anything that she could use to give to Zachariah, the emerald samurai found something hidden under a bush. She took a knee and grabbed the item that she really had no use for outside of this quest line. Having no intention of going into a profession in the game, materials to her were just a second form of player currency.

image.png

Null looks over to the Emerald woman now very curious.

"So if you aren't much of a gamer, what brought you here? Friends who play, peer pressure? It's probably none of my business but heck I'm just making conversation at this point. I'm quite the nosy type so you will be getting a lot of questions from me."

He laughs as if to try and bring a smile to the girl, even if he doesn't know her he always wants to bring smiles to others even if just a small smirk.

"I'd wager there's more to this tough girl persona you put on, I'm almost certain you really are someone sweet I'll just need to pick at your brain some more. *Chuckles* Sucks for you I guess!"

Looking around for more materials during this conversation proves difficult, with nothing being found. This mission is proving to be more difficult than he first imagined it to be.

Materials Found: [3/5]

Spoiler

ID: 152923

Roll: 5

Edited by Null

"A friend bought me the game, it felt wrong not to give it a try. Wasn't expecting this though, and I'm sure he wasn't either." It was crazy how hard he was trying to fix her mood. Did everyone is this world pity her so much that they had to try and make her feel better? What the hell was she supposed to do? Enjoy the pity and feel better? That really wasn't doable for her.

"You're trying really hard to read me. I don't get it. What kind of feelings to do I make you feel where you I constantly have to be bothered about my own personal views. It's cool if you think this world is something great. In the bigger picture, maybe it something great, but I look it at straight into the middle. This place, again, is nothing but a pretty little prison for us right now, and I refuse to see it otherwise."

Still no more materials around. These kind of quests were so dumb. She'd rather just beat the crap out of something. Better to keep her mind occupied.

image.png

“It’s not that I’m bothered by your views, I just try to make people happy is all. It isn’t a pity party or anything, it's just how I am.” He can tell he’s irritated her, not too far fetched for people he talks to, might as well quit while I’m not ahead.

He tries to avoid any areas with monsters for right now since he is still just starting and is at such a low level. With nothing more to do but hunt he keeps looking around. While hunting Null starts thinking about the friends and family who are probably worried about him outside the game, and those who may be in here as well who he can try and help. They may have even died already, everything is a mystery and this is one less exciting than what he’s used to.

During these thoughts he looks to the ground and notices another material, picking it up. (To himself) “And that’s one to go”

Materials Found: [4/5]

Spoiler

ID: 153197

Roll: 14

Edited by Null

She continually bit back way harder than she really meant to. It was difficult to gauge her feelings beyond her usually dreary moods, but she had only meant to spark debate between the two. Now she was just getting defensive like some little wussy who couldn't take someone else's opinion with a grain of salt. He was genuinely doing his best to make her feel better and she kept shooting him down.

With a heavy sigh she looked over to him and unfolded her arms. "My apologies. I didn't mean for my tone to feel so heavy. You sit alone in a cell for long enough and your sanity will start to take control of reason. If I made you uncomfortable, I didn't mean to do it intentionally."

Continuing her search for materials continued to yield nothing but disappointment. She was probably getting out paced by him at this point. Maybe she should take a note from his book and try to look on a different side of things, then she could find some of these useless materials.

image.png

"You don't have to apologize, you've been suffering this hell and it can really take a toll on someone. That's why I try so hard, even if we do die we can at least die happy." He says with a stoic look on his face, he's been through this song and dance before it doesn't really bother him. "I don't blame you for being on edge, especially since you have to do something as dumb as this for hours." 

He looks around for more materials and finally finds his last tier 1 material. "Alright, that does it for my material collecting. You want I should help you look for the rest of yours?" He tries to think of something to do while waiting for his party member to collect the rest of her materials, while he knows he can't be sharing his, he is unsure if he can help her look for her own. If not he will just find something else to do while he waits.

Materials Found: [5/5]

Spoiler

ID: 153307

Roll: 19

Edited by Null

Noticing that the boy had found his final material, Yuu sighed. This stuff was too boring without luck boosting enhancements. It seemed like he was much more lucky than she when it came to these sort of things. It would serve him well in this game. Luck was something that was really hard to come by these days.

"Here's the deal man." The girl said removing the two materials from her inventory and throwing them to the ground. The dissolve instantly as they touch the ground. "You've already got your stuff for the quest finished. Let's go back to the quest giver and finish it for you. I hate this stuff and would much rather just beat the [censored] out of things. I'll do this quest by myself later with some buffs and make it east on myself. I don't want to hold you back from anything and I will if I keep you out for too long."

Making her way back to the safe zone, she turns around and beckons him to follow her back to Zackariah's shop.

Spoiler

Yuurei abandons the quest.

Watching the materials disappear he looked back at the emerald clad girl. "Well there's no turning back now then, thank you, I hope you have better luck later on, let's go"

He begins to follow back to the safe zone alongside Yuu, Null truly appreciates this act even if he feels it might hinder her later on. "I just realized, couldn't you have held on to those materials if you do decide to return to this quest later? I understand the sentiment but I'm not sure if I understand this item gathering quest". As they return to the shop Null looks at Yuu once more. "Do you plan to join me for the rest of this or is this where we part ways?" With his hands in his pockets and materials in hand, he asks this question with a hint of gratefulness for meeting this woman. She's quite the cool character, and he smiles "If so, I hope we meet again, for a new player you seem very experienced I know you're going to make it out of this!"

Spoiler

ID: 153527

Roll: 10

Edited by Null

Scratching her face, she took notes of the potion making for later. It wasn't something she would be good at, even with practice.

"The problem with that is, once I abandon the quest, it will delete the materials since they are tied to the quest itself. It's annoying, but whatever. Like I said, I'll come back to it later with some buffs. Its not difficult or anything, just take up a little bit of time. I'll lead you to the next part of the quest, but I can't join you for the next one since I won't have this one completed."

With that, the girl began to lead him through the streets of the Town of Beginnings. It didn't take her too long to get him to Lyle's blacksmith. "Here. This NPC has the next quest in the quest line. Talk to him and do whatever it is that he wants you to do. It shouldn't be difficult to finish." With a wave, the emerald samurai turned away and began to walk off. "Good luck in Aincrad."

Spoiler

Rewards:

SP: 2 Quest(Null); 1 page; 1 event
Col: 400 col to Null

Null Earns:
- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Rare quality. (+40 HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion of Uncommon quality. (+1 Damage)
- 1 Tier One Over-Health Potion of Special quality. (+50 HP to maximum HP for remainder of thread)