[PP-F1] An assassin's craft <<Earning a Living>>

[Lv. 9; HP: 180; EN: 18; DMG: 6; Hidden Dagger {3 DMG}; Assassin's Armor {3 EVA}; Strange Sigil {3 ACC}; Inspection Lens {3 LD}; 1 TP Crystal, 1 T1 Potion {40 HP}]

Today was the day. Today, he was going to take on a quest. That was NOT the stupid tutorial quests. It would make sense if every quest was different, and taught you something new about the game, but it wasn't. The first just taught you about gathering materials and the basic crafting system. The second quest had introduced combat, but not by much. It just introduced the default combat and obtaining item drops. The third quest combined the two previous quests, requiring him to obtain one item as well as face a boss. And the fourth quest was.... Basically go fight a boss. Granted, you had to fish it out, but fishing shouldn't be such a vital part of this world. If anything, the quest could have introduced the concept of dungeons and bosses with minions. The world's weakest dungeon of course, but a dungeon nonetheless. At least then he'd learn more useful information. Akio sighed and slumped his shoulders. "Well at any rate, that's all over now. Now I can start a new quest, which will be fun and enjoyable!"

Of course, that was assuming the quest had some sort of enjoyable properties. The quest he wanted to tackle today was earning a living so that he could actually start crafting his own stuff. Right now he was heading over to the quest giver for becoming an alchemist. This npc lived in a tent outside, which was PERFECT for someone with an orange cursor like Akio. The young player had been walking a while trying to find it when the icon appeared on his map. He was so glad this was an MMO, since those kind of games helped show you different available quests everywhere. He jogged down to the tent and peaked inside. There really wasn't much to be honest. A bed, a desk to work with and a small alembic. Very simplistic. Almost as if the game devs wanted to copy and paste and get this quest made already. The npc, Evangeline Calora, was a woman who looked like she was in her mid forties. In her hand was a rainbow colored potion of some sort. He didn't even know you could make potions multiple different colors. That was cool! "Hello Dear, I see you are in need of a profession, may I interest you in Alchemy?" She smiled sweetly and was going to leave her tent, but since he walked in she stopped halfway. "Now, I know it may seem very sciencey and scary, but I believe you can do it! And I hope you feel the same way." '...I mean, I came here to learn alchemy, so, like. Even for an NPC that should be obvious by now.' "Now, I can teach you all about it sweety, but I seem to have run out of some of my precious materials to give you a how-to on crafting. Would you be a dear and run off to get me some? I think all I need is five, and I can help you on your way!" "Wait what, this again? Ok fine, what materials?" She didn't respond. Akio sighed. "Oh come OOOOON! What the hell? What materials? You want me to shove rocks in it?!"

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]
[DMG:_06//EVA:_03]

HP:  [                    ] (180/180)
EN:  [

] (18/18)
XP:  [
                    ] (032)

[Objective Obtained: Gather 5 Materials]

Edited by Iron_Lion

Running, again. This time in the safe zone of the first floor. Assassin never seemed to get tired of it, but the more she experimented with the digital body that she was granted, the more she figured out how she could push her limits to the extreme and really outpace anything around her. Soon, perhaps she would be able to brag about being the fastest person on Aincrad.

Her race was interrupted by a sudden outburst from a ten. She skidded to a halt, sliding across the stone of the road way that she ran. Curiosity overwhelmed her manners as she walked in to here only part of the conversation. Something about shoving rocks in something? What kind of sense did that make?

"Rocks?" Her clarion, yet soft voice disturbed the silence between the player and the NPC. When she walked in and looked around, she noticed all the mixtures of potions settled around the shop. "Oh, you're putting rocks in potions?! Is that really what they're made out of?!"

The questioning look would likely be met with questioning glares. Though most of the time it had to do with the two scars that painted her face. Since no one could really see most of her body above her knees, it was easily the first thing they would notice.

Spoiler

General
Level: 13 | HP:  240/240 | Energy: 24/24

Stats
DMG: 7 EVA: 1 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 18

Skills
Dagger Rank III

Equipment(In use)
Dark Cloak(LA): MIT II; EVA I
Antique Dagger(Tri): LD 3
Fastening Belts(Tri): ACC II; EVA I

Equipment(Standby)
Kami Sori: DMG: III
Ryuketsu no(Dagger): BLD II; PARA I

Consumables
(5x)Starting Healing Potion[50 HP]

Akio fell silent upon hearing another voice suddenly appear. He turned to look at who had just arrived, his upper features concealed behind his hood as per usual. The first thing he noticed was: 'Wait, she's around my age?' Frankly he hadn't really met anyone who was young like him outside the towns. He wasn't really sure how to feel about it, but it proved that she was at least skilled enough to survive. The second thing he noticed was her cursor. Green? Well that gave her an immediate advantage over her, though he honestly couldn't blame her for it. The scars were the third thing he noticed. 'This game heals pretty much everything from what I've heard. From physical disorders and missing limbs, to mental disorders and even things like blindness... That means she got those scars in the real world. Was she assaulted or something?' He decided not to get too much into it. That information wouldn't really be relevant or helpful to him anyhow. Better to be ready for anything really. She had what seemed like a cloak on, so she could easily be wielding a dagger. He quickly assumed a stance that would let him defend himself at any second, but his face remained calm and with a soft expression. He didn't want to hurt someone his own age after all. Let alone a girl.

"N-no, I was.. The system tends to be vague about what materials you need. It doesn't exactly specify. I haven't been able to field test it yet, since I haven't obtained the alchemy profession just yet, but I very much doubt that you can do crazy, non-logical stuff like that." He looked between her and the npc. "...Are you... Are you here for the quest too?" If someone had somehow tracked him down this fast, then that was bad news... And it would surprise him that someone kept track of who killed who on the monument, which he only found out about a few days ago... He really needed to get the stealth skill and it's mod as fast as possible.

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)
                    ] (032)

[Obtained: 0/5 Materials]

@Assassin

"Aw that doesn't sound like much fun." The girl complained as he mentioned not being able to use rocks in potions. The merit in her thought process was about to show true though. "Like, imagine if you needed a potion that could make you tougher or something. You put hard rocks in it and boom, your skin becomes super hard and no one can hurt you."

It was at this moment that she noticed his cursor color. The first thing that popped in her mind was her interaction with the woman who had patted her head. Shadow-lady, had been gone for some time. Hopefully she was doing alright. She didn't spend much time around the safe zones to avoid getting beaten up by the guards.

"You're doing a quest to get a job? Doing work to do more work. That sounds super boring, but I've got nothing to do." She opened her menu and sent the boy a party invite. Her name was clear as day now.

Assassin: [  260/260  ] would like to join your party.

@Iron_Lion

Fun huh? He blinked. "Alchemy can be fun even with logic applied you know. What if there's a fire flower out there that makes you and your weapon super hot so you burn your enemies? As for the rock thing..." He put a hand to his chin as he thought. "Maybe not straight normal rocks, that's just too straightforward. Maybe instead of that, things like glowstones? Take those, grind them into a powder, and put that in a potion. That might create an interesting effect... I'd better write that down to experiment later." He wondered, would it have some sort of cosmetic effect? Like your avatar glows for a set duration or something? Ooooh, what if you made it a potion and splashed it onto your opponents? Would they glow? That would be awesome! And a lot easier to target them in the dark. When she mentioned the quest and how it sounded boring, he was about to agree with her when something popped up on his menu.

[Pending Party Invite: {Assassin} Invites you into her party]

Akio blinked before looking back at her, a bit taken by surprise by this. Sure she was a kid like him, but she had some sense right? "...No offense but... I don't know you. I just met you and so I can't trust you enough to enter a party with you yet." He hit the 'reject' button and continued. "And I'd rather not let anyone have access to my username either. Too many people would take advantage of that information. Even if I could trust you not to attempt something against me, what's to say you won't slip up and mention my username to someone else? Any slip up could easily ruin me. Anyone with the tracking skill can track down players with nothing more than a username after all... If you want to help me with the quest, you still can. If you really want to. I just can't accept a party invite."

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)
                    ] (032)

@Assassin

"Jeez, your boring." The girl said shrugging as the message showed her the declined information. This guy really was all business. He kind of reminded her of tank-lady in his attitude, but he seemed to have his ideals set in different places. Notable by the different colored cursors. "Fine, have it your way, Kage-chan. Why don't you try to lose some of that seriousness already? You'll get gray hairs before you know it." A grin formed on her face as she taunted him. If he was going to continue acting like everything had to be so serious, she wasn't going to take him very seriously.

"I'll race you to the safe zone barrier!" She blurted out, thinking of something to do now that they were at this silence. "Try and keep up a little!" With a wink, the girl turned into nothing but a blur of black smudged with her white-toned hair. If he didn't keep up, she would disappear instantly.

"Hey I'm not boring! But." 'Survival is first and top priority. All else comes after.' "I just. I can't take risks that could get me killed is all." Well this was quite the time wasn't it? He finally found someone his age and he was already blowing any and all chances to hang out with them. Who knows? Maybe this was someone he could actually have fun with. Eventually she spoke again, and he blinked at the nickname. "Shadow Chan?" He resisted the temptation to touch his silvery gray hair under his hood when she made her joke. If she only knew he thought. "Um. Where did you come up with-" He never had the chance to finish however as she suddenly blurted out that she wanted to race him to the safe zone barrier. His eyes widened. "Wait wha-" And just like that she was gone. His wide shocked eyes followed her as she dashed across the field with incredible speed. He stood there dumbfounded for a moment before his face lit up with excitement. "HEY WAIT UP!!!" He ran as fast as he could after her. This was where all of his exercising to get his stamina back was being paid in full. In the real world his mother had him be trained by a parkour tutor, so he was already as fit as he could for his age. And with his stamina back up to how he used to be, he was able to keep up with Assassin. Well, more like he did everything he could to keep up with her.

It became clear to him that she had found some kind of in game method to cheat the system and increase her mobility and speed. How she did it was a mystery to him, but he really wanted to find out. And that determination gave him newfound strength as he pushed harder to catch up to her. He wanted to win, but he knew that was impossible. So he'd see just how close he could get to her before they hit the safe zone. He didn't even care if they ran into the safe zone itself, he'd dodge all the guards he needed to if it meant keeping up with her.

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)
                    ] (032)

@Assassin

The Assassin reached the barrier in record time. She had done this a few times, so she already knew some of the fastest routes to run through. Once she made it to the barrier, she waited for her company to catch up, Much to her surprise, he kept up with her! Only a few seconds behind her. She seemed like the speed had taken a toll on her her stamina, but she maybe could have strained herself a bit more to go faster. If she had went any slower, he may have caught up with her.

Through a few rasping breaths, she tried to get some words out, but took a deep breath and tried to stabilize her breathing. "Okay, maybe you're not so boring after all." A smile formed on her face. "Not very many people can keep up with my speed. I can even outrun Nee-chan, and she fights on the front lines!"

The brag was a bit much probably. Not like he would really know who 'Nee-chan' was, but she just couldn't recall a name for her beyond that. Yet somehow she was able to remember Kimba's name very easily. "Come on, you got your thing to do right? Well, let's get it done so we can do something else that's more fun!"

He watched her finally stop, but he was so focused on his speed that he was having a hard time slowing down. As a result, he tried to force himself to slow by ending in a roll before he let himself fall flat on his back as he panted desperately for air. "That was... By far... The most... Exhausting run... I've ever made..." He continued to pant as she talked, and only replied when his lungs weren't feeling like they were on fire... Or at least, that's what his ghost pain felt. "I practiced parkour in the real world... Mom wanted to make sure I could stay safe... Pretty handy skill to have in a death game right?... And who the hell is Nee-Chan???" Was there another kid she knew? Or did she just see everyone as a kid? That would be a weird way to look at people. Odd naming methods aside, he was definitely intrigued in who this 'Nee-Chan' was since they were on the frontlines. He wanted to learn everything he could about them after all. That was when he smiled and started giving a short breathed laugh. "Yeah well, you can join me on one condition." He kicked his feet into the air, launching himself up and onto his feet as he turned to her, pulling his hood off at this point and revealing his excited sparkling eyes and smile.

"You HAVE to tell me how you cheated the system and how you got so FAST! Are you just a super high level with crazy speed stats? Did you find a glitch? Is it an item?"

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)
                    ] (032)

@Assassin

"What do you mean?" The girl questions him, finally having caught her own breath. "I spent a lot of time in the real world running, and that's pretty much all I do here. When I'm not doing anything, I run. It's fun. Just because the system limits you in someways doesn't mean that you can't surpass those limits. That's how it works in real life, right?"

Again, someone had to ask who Nee-chan was. She must be stuttering when she says it or something. "Nee-chan is Nee-chan." She says plainly with a smile.

"If you climb on walls and stuff like that, you should teach me! I don't know how to do anything like that. I'm just really fast." Now getting a glimpse of his features, Assassin can confirm that he takes things too seriously for his own good. Gray hair. "And I'm not a very high level to be honest. We're probably around the same level, I presume."

His excitement was swapped with mild confusion. "Well yeah, you can surpass it's limits, but usually not without a glitch or something like that. That's weird... You sure there's not anything you use?" It, could be that the system calculated her physical capabilities, and translated that into adult terms. So, despite the fact that she was just a kid, it treated her speed as if she had long legs. Was that how it treated him too? And if that was possible, what would happen when she gained speed stats??? He kind of, was afraid of how freaking fast that would put her at. But then. That would mean your maximum speed output depended on how agile you were in the real world, right? Akio REALLY lucked out then. And she was the super lucky one. When she shared who Nee-Chan was, he honestly couldn't help but chuckle. "Har har. I meant could you describe them for me? Username would be ideal, but if you know how tall they are, eye and hair color, what kind of armor they wear, and even if they have a familiar, that would really help me out." It would be interesting to see how she felt about the person. Whoever they were. Since they were kids they had a different perspective than others.

When she showed some excitement in learning parkour he smiled. "Well... I've never taught anyone before, but I could show you what I know. But you should know, with parkour you need to be focused and without any doubts or fears. It's not like running in a straight line after all, you have to calculate the best path to take." He held his hand out to shake. "Alright then. I'll make you a deal: Help me with this quest, and I'll teach you the basics of parkour. Deal?"

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)
                    ] (032)

@Assassin

It was kind of funny how he was almost demanding a profile of Nee-chan without even having the decency to tell her his name. She grinned and shrugged at his questions. "I don't know actually, seems I've forgot what she looks like. It's hard to recall when I don't even know your name." Her grin was wide as she played coy with him, this time much more apparent. The sarcasm was laced in her tone. It was pretty clear there that she wouldn't give away Ariel's name, even if she could remember that name in the first place, to a random stranger who apparently held names at high value.

"Nope! I'm just me! No buffs or anything. I just train this body to work under heavy conditions. Sprinting around floor four is a good one." She wasn't sure what her wanted from her. There was nothing else to say really. She was just insanely fast cause she worked herself into those skills.

At his proposal, she latched her hand into his and grinned. "Deal!"

His mouth opened with mild surprise before he face palmed himself. "Agh damnit, I didn't tell you did I? Alright." He lowered his hand again. "Apologies for the late introductions Assassin. My name's Akio~ Nice to meet you!" He didn't react to her sarcasm, but it was evidently clear that there was an intelligent mind behind that 'goofy kid' personality. Kind of like him now that he thought about it. He liked to goof off and be a kid, but when it came down to it, he could be as serious and as skilled as anyone in this digital death world. So, the primary question then, would be: What was her primary goal in this world? If it was to survive, he doubted he'd need to worry about her too much. She didn't have an orange cursor, so he didn't anticipate her entering a pker guild anytime soon, despite her username. And she seemed like the happy go lucky kind of person, so he didn't see why she'd go killing people anyway... Unless she was crazy, but she didn't seem crazy to him. Then there was- His train of thought was interrupted when she just told him that she simply trained her avatar under certain conditions. He nodded thoughtfully, but refrained from asking what conditions. She might just tell him something obvious again like: 'running over and over again'.

When she accepted his deal he gave a firm nod with a smile. "Alright, I'll hold you to your word then Assassin. And to answer your previous question, I'm level nine right now. I want to take down quests and get my skills higher as quickly as possible though." Despite the fact that he needed to get the stealth skill and mod, he needed to increase his damage output for when he finally reached the combat quests...

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)
                    ] (0/3)

@Assassin

"Assassi-?" Oh right, that was her name. She keeps forgetting. "Just call me Sin-chan or something. I don't like that other name."

When he finally came to be honest with her, she gave him less of a sarcastic grin and more or a friendly smile. Akio sounded more like a real name, so maybe she should do the same. "Uhm, I guess you could also call me Kaya. As long as you don't know my family name you wouldn't really know me in real life." The worry of hiding one real name wasn't really a problem for younger players like these two, so she wouldn't sweat over it.

"I'm level thirteen. So looks like I am a little stronger than you are. Not by that much though. Maybe that's why I'm able to out pace you." She threw a shot in the dark. Knowing why she was so fast didn't really matter as long as she was.

As much as she liked to hang around an have fun, she didn't really feel like doing work all day. "Hey, lets get started on this quest for you. You need to collect materials right? Here!" She pulled one out from under a bush just next to the barrier of the safe zone and tried to hand it to him.

@Iron_Lion

image.png

Materials Found: 1

Now he cocked his head in confusion. "Wait, you don't like your username? Why is that?" Why would she pick a username she didn't like? Or maybe she picked it as a joke before she made a new account, and then found out she was stuck with it? He wasn't entirely sure to be completely honest. But whatever the reason, she was giving him something else to call him. Or rather, a suggestion. But before he could re-greet her she changed her mind again. This time, giving him her real name: Kaya. He nodded. "Kaya... Alright then! Nice to meet you Kaya!" He thought about Mari's warning of not to give his real name so lightly... But, he honestly didn't think much damage would come from Kaya. And like she said, if you didn't give a middle or last name, it was kind of difficult to locate you in the real world anyways. When she said she was level thirteen, he nodded. "Four levels apart huh? Damn.." He only started doing stuff recently. For most of his time in Aincrad he just sat doing nothing but cry in... In that place. He shook his head, shaking the thought from his head. "Alright. I'll catch up to you soon enough don't you worry! Maybe then I'll be more of a match for you in terms of speed!" Somehow he doubted that would happen, but it would be a good experiment to see just how big a deal it was to increase your levels.

When she handed him a material he blinked. She was really good at this. He opened the item's information box. "Green Petal Daisy huh? Let's see... Can be used in salves... Primary property is.. Toxic venom huh?" He'd need to write that down. He'd be making many toxic venom items as soon as he could. When he added it to his inventory he checked his quest status but frowned. "Hmm.. It looks like only materials I collect will count towards the quest total. But, if you're still willing to get me some materials, I could make you a salve in return." With that, he went ahead and pulled out his Inspection Lens and put them on. They looked like steampunk goggles, with the left lens having multiple smaller lenses on top of it, which he could slide away and into place at will. However, this being his first time using it... "...Maybe I should have practiced with these before taking them out into the field." He said, trying to flip the different lenses and get the right magnification working.

[ID# 153175] [LD: 8+3=11] [Result: Failure]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)
                    ] (0/3)

[Items Obtained This Thread]
[1 Material]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

"This stuff is all so dumb." The girl remarked without much of a reason to say so other than speaking her mind. She looked around for more of the materials that spread around the bush but wasn't able to find much "These material things are too annoying to work with. They're difficult to find and they take up so much time. If I need something, I can just as easily go see someone else's shop for it."

When she was asked why she didn't like her user name, she had to take a moment to think on that. Did she really want to tell him that she'd stolen someone else's game console? Probably not. "I wasn't the one who named my account, it was another kid at the orphanage." Oops, didn't mean to say that out loud. 

Embarrassed by what she just revealed, the girl tried to correct what she said, but there wasn't much way to counter act that detail. She silently turned around and continued looking through bushes for more stupid materials. It was at this moment, that her familiar actually caught up with her. It may be an over grown cat, but even still, it had troubles keeping up with her.

"O-Oh! Hyou. Hey buddy!" She said giving the snow leopard that was heavier than her pats on the head.

Akio was a bit quiet at first upon her remark, but nodded after a moment. "Yeah it kinda is. In most games, materials are usually easy to get your hands on. And they're really easy to find what with the game highlighting most everything, or just stating that nearly anything can be used as a material. But because of the difficulty they give it, I've discovered that most players only buy stuff from each other with materials. Or at least, in shops they do. It's kind of stupid. Materials of all things, are what broke the col system."  That may not be what she was thinking, nor it may not have been what she wanted to hear if anything, but those were his thoughts on the matter. If he wanted to find a stable way to sustain himself economic wise, he needed to be able to not only understand how the economics of this game worked, but he also had to master it. 'If you can't comprehend how the currency and economics of a foreign country run, you may as well call yourself a beggar. No matter what profession you handle.' "Personally however, I'd rather be able to craft my own stuff because. Well I don't like the idea of relying on someone else."

When she mentioned how she got her nerve gear however, he stopped moving and just stared at her. It wasn't the fact that she stole something that bothered him. It was that she was in an orphanage. "...So you were in one too huh?" His fist tightened at the thought of the place. He hated the orphanage. He didn't like anyone there and they didn't like me. He didn't flinch at her mentioning thievery there, because he pretty much stole from others too while he was there. The people in charge put him in an isolated room by himself so many times for bullying, stealing, and other stuff like that. It was only after his mom came back to take him home when he started changing for the better. His dark mood lifted immediately however when he heard her talk again. That's when he saw the snow leopard. "Wooooaaah! Is that your familiar?!" His eyes lit up and a wide smile filed his face. "Wow! What's it's name? Is it a girl or boy? Can it keep up with you when you run? Where did you meet it? Is it shy or grumpy or energetic?" He spent a while looking at the creature before he paused and asked: "Can I pet it?"

After he'd interacted with the fluffy familiar enough to be satisfied.. For now.. He continued to scan the area for more materials before he noticed something odd in the tall grass. He flipped a lens or two, getting the hang of this, and noticed another green petal daisy. He smiled. "Found one! Hey I have an idea. Let's see who can find the most materials! You in?" He asked as he added the material to his inventory. Grinning as the counter went from zero to one out of five.

[ID# 153182] [LD: 17+3=20] [Result: +1 Material {Green Petal Daisy}]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)
                    ] (0/3)

[Obtained: 1/5 Materials]
[2 Material]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

Ignoring his comment about her being in an orphanage and storing it for later, she did her best to ensure that Hyou wouldn't freak out. Once the leopard noticed the other player, it instantly took a defensive stance. She was insanely protective of her owner.

"Shhh, no Hyou. He's not a bully, he won't be mean." After a moment, the feline finally let up and allowed for it to be pet. Assassin took a moment to remember his questions. "Her name is Hyou, it just means Leopard in Japanese. Hyou is fast, but she does have trouble keeping track of me, luckily her tracking skills are really good so she had memorized my scent and can catch up with me. She's a bit protective, but I've calmed her down, so yeah, you can pet her."

Enjoying the attention from both of the children, Hyou pretty much finds herself comfy in the grass and keeps watch for anything that might try to surprise them. Quickly the Assassin had already found her next material in the same bush. She pulled it loose and offered it to him. "Well, that makes two for me, one for you. She bragged."

Back onto the topping of being parent-less, Assassin sighed and looked back over at him. "Yeah, I live at an orphanage. The caretaker is really nice to me, but the other kids bully me a lot cause of my face... I hate bullies..."

image.png

Materials found: 2(will be transferred to Iron_Lion)

He listened to her answers with great interest and responded accordingly. He giggled when she explained what his name meant though. "I know what it means, I'm Japanese too silly!" He listened as Kaya shared more about her familiar, eagerly soaking in all the information she gave him. "That's so cool that she can track people like that! Bet that trait of hers comes in handy huh? Makes you wonder what other creatures have those skills. As well as what other skills can familiars get?" He grinned with eyes of wonder, excitement and anticipation. "I wonder what kind of familiar I'll bet myself.." The second she said he could pet the leopard, he did just that. And the more he pet her, the more he felt like he was in a dream. He smiled contently and closed his eyes. "Mmmmmmm, so fluffy~ I'm so jealous~" He giggled some more as he continued to pet and stroke the leopard, and even rubbed his cheek against her fer at one point. When she handed him another material however he stood up at attention and lightly smacked his cheeks to 'wake himself up' from his trance. "Right! I won't lose no matter what!" He added the green petal daisy into his inventory before he continued to look.

He was distracted however, when she started talking about her time in the Orphanage. Halting all movement, he listened carefully to what she said. How she was bullied because of how her face looked. And how the caretakers were always nice to her. He wore a frown for a while before he forced a smile, despite his eyes looking dead. "...I was, a little bit of a bully back then. I'm not proud of it. I didn't do it to make fun of others, but rather. To get back at them for the way they talked to me. The way they treated me. Bullying the bullies kinda. The caretakers, weren't really gentle with me..." '...Why am I telling her this? Is it because she went through that hell hole too? Or maybe because I feel guilty about bullying when I'm talking to a victim of it?' Either way, he didn't want to keep traversing this path down memory lane.

Trying to focus on finding materials again, he slowly scanned the nearby bushes with his goggles before he found one. Grinning he picked it up and held it out to show her. "Found another! We're tied again!"

[ID# 153184] [LD: 20] [Result: +1 Material {Green Petal Daisy}]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)
                    ] (0/3)

[Obtained: 2/5 Materials]
[4 Material]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

It didn't take her long to find her third material. She plucked it free form the ground and compiled it with the rest of hers, almost as soon Akio had regained a tie with her, was back down by one. Though she didn't care about losing games too much. They were still fun, none the less.

"Found another. Looks like I'm in the lead again!~" She smiled. Looking down at her lazy familiar, she too was feeling like sitting down for a moment. After all, it only mattered how many materials that Akio got, not her. She took a seat at her familiar's side and nuzzled her head into it's side for a moment.

She looked indifferent when he commented about himself being a bit of a bully. She couldn't really complain with the logic since she too beat people up for being mean to her, however, she'd never done something like that in the real world. Too weak and frail there to really put up much of a fight. "I think... as long as you use your strength to make sure you and others around you can't be beat up by meanies than its fine to be a little bit of a bully..."

image.png

Materials found: 3(will be transferred to Iron_Lion)