[PP-F1] An assassin's craft <<Earning a Living>>

"Huh? Aw man!" He didn't want them to keep tying like this, but at the same time he didn't want to lose to her. This was not going well for him so far. If this kept up she'd win for sure. And he was NOT gonna let that happen. 'Focus, but don't focus too hard. Stress out enough and you'll weaken your chances rather than increase them.' Right. Even though this was a competition, it was a friendly competition. He smiled again. "I'll find another one soon enough! You watch out!" He continued to look for materials and paused when she talked about strength and bullies. When she started talking he slowed down, and by the time she finished talking he'd stopped again. "...Bully the bullies huh?..." 'That... Doesn't, sound half bad actually. I want to become an assassin anyways. I might as well use my skills to get rid of serial killers. I'm sure people would pay me loads of col to keep this server safe.' "...I'll definitely keep that in mind... Freshly in mind."

He continued to look through the bushes and eventually found yet another green petal daisy. He smiled and showed it proudly. "Tied again! And this time, I'll be the tie breaker!" He immediately jumped back into material searching, only this time. He was the one who reignited the conversation. "...Can I ask you... Why haven't you asked about my cursor yet? Everyone else I've met, it's pretty much the first thing they ask. So why haven't you?"

[ID# Rolling]

[ID# 153190] [LD: 15+3=18] [Result: +1 Material {Green Petal Daisy}]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]
[DMG:_06//EVA:_03]

HP:  [                    ] (180/180)
EN:  [

] (18/18)
XP:  [
                    ] (0/3)

[Obtained: 3/5 Materials]
[Items Obtained This Thread]
[6 Material]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

The boy continued to boast that he would best her prowess, but really she didn't care all that much if he was better at finding materials than her. She really didn't want much to do with these things in the first place. Even still when a material piece had spawned in front of Hyou, she scooped it up when the familiar attempted to eat it. "Nononono- Hyou, we'll get you something else to eat soon okay?"

That was when he had asked her about his orange cursor. Was it really her problem to be asking people about that kind of [censored]. It really could mean anything. It could have been self defense, it could have been theft, it could have been cold blooded murder. Last time she screwed with an orange player, they threatened to kill her there and made her cry. Guess she didn't want to risk that again. "I don't care." She put it as simple as she could. It was clear that Assassin was a pretty direct person. She didn't like lingering on a topic for too long.

image.png

Materials found: 4(will be transferred to Iron_Lion)

His excitement once again fell down again. "Really? Man, you're hard to beat." Even as he said that, his smile returned again. It wasn't often he was challenged like this. Only his mom could ever get the best of him before. Sure his tutors always had the edge at first, but eventually Akio would outmatch them. And now he had fresh, skilled competition once again. When she pulled the green petal daisy away from her familiar he breathed a sigh of relief. "Yeah, good call. It's a material used to make toxic venom, so it would have been poisonous. Definitely not a good treat for familiars... Unless you had like, a toxic goo monster. That would be a weird, but cool familiar."

When she told him she didn't care, he expected an explanation and reason to follow... When it didn't happen, he smiled softly. "..Fair enough.. Well, for what it's worth." He said as he moved around her so that they could look each other in the eyes. "Thank you." He said with a smile. After that, he continued his race for more materials. He quickly found another one and added it to his inventory. "Alright we're tied again! That means the next person to find one is the winner! Ready? Go!"

[ID# 153203] [LD: 19+3=22] [Result: +1 Material {Green Petal Daisy}]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)
                    ] (0/3)

[Obtained: 4/5 Materials]
[8 Material]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

Well, they only needed to find one more to win this little game they had going hunh? The girl sat up for a moment and scanned the area to see if she could spot something around them that she could latch up before him. Unfortunately nothing. If she didn't get up and look around for it, he might think that she let him win and she would never do something like that to make someone feel like she pitied them. Rising from the grass, she started to scour the more hidden areas to make sure that she wasn't going to miss a material.

"Is this potion making stuff really worth it?" She asked, truly curious. "I mean, can't you just go to another player's shop and buy and potions that you needed? That's what I do and it isn't hard. I don't have any kind of profession like this. It all seems so... boring."

image.png

Materials found: 4(will be transferred to Iron_Lion)

"Well, there are some cons to going to other player's shops to get stuff." Akio said while he looked eagerly for the final material. "The first one that I've noticed, is that other players aren't really that reliable. Sure they can master their craft and have the best chances, but then you have to wait for them to actually make them. I heard stories of event bosses and even raids being put on hold because people weren't making stuff fast enough. I'd feel better knowing that I can make whatever I need at any time, rather than waiting around for someone else to even start my order, let alone finish it." Then he grinned. "And there's more to it than just important enhancements. See, I found out that there are cosmetic effects as well. I've only discovered two so far though. The first is sparkle, which when applied, causes a whole bunch of sparkle particles to appear around the player. The other one causes the player to glow. And there might be a whole bunch of other stuff too! Like, what if there's one for making you leave snow behind? Or making a potion that fires a firework? How cool would that be!" He giggled at how fun that would be. "But since everyone is so serious here, nobody really makes that kind of stuff. So I thought, why not make it for myself? I'd use it to have fun, and maybe help other people have fun too!"

Akio, at the end of his explanation he noticed another material. His face lit up, picked it up, and showed it to her with a face full of glee and excitement. "I FOUND ONE! I WIN! YEEEAAAH!" He jumped up and down a few times before putting it in his inventory and grinning to her. "That was a lot of fun! The most fun I've had since coming to this game actually. So, thank you Kaya. Thanks for hanging out with me today!"

[ID# 153209] [LD: 19+3=22] [Result: +1 Material {Green Petal Daisy}]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)
                    ] (0/3)

[Obtained: 5/5 Materials]
[Objective Completed]
[New Objective: Return
5 Materials to Evangeline]

[8 Material]

@Assassin

Edited by Iron_Lion

"No problem." She said with a smile as she compacted all the materials that she gather for him and opened a trade menu to give them to him. "I won't really be needing these, so you can have them all. Not like I really want to go into doing a job or anything. I only wanna do the fun stuff like questing and running."

She thought about asking him if he wanted to race back to the tent, but she didn't have the quest marker and couldn't remember where the tent even was. Plus Hyou had only just caught up to her and she didn't want to have to make her track her down another time cause she felt like running. "It's been fun hanging out with you too. There's not that many people around her that are around my age, or just others that want to relax and have fun. Only You and Nee-chan really have one of those features. You're both some of the most fun people to be around in the game."

Spoiler

Transferring 4 materials to @Iron_Lion

Akio was surprised that she was giving him all of her materials, but all the same he smiled and nodded. He'd take anything if it was being offered. "Thank you Kaya! This will really help give me a head start!" Now he just had to get himself a tool to use to increase his experience points when crafting. Once he did that, he should be good to go! When she talked about how there weren't many people their age he nodded in agreement. "Yeah. With you being the exception, everyone I've met in here who was my age has been either too scared to leave the town's protection, too weak, or.. Well, some bad stuff too. So, I'm glad that I found someone who's my age to hang out with! We gotta do it again sometime!" They continued to walk until they reached the tent at last. He walked inside and showed the woman the materials. "I've got plenty of them! Can I make my first item now?" The woman nodded with a smile. "Why of course young man~ Come over here to the alembic, and we'll get started."

She began to instruct him on how the alembic worked and where to put certain items. She showed him the mortar and stone he could use to grind the plants he picked up and turn them into a paste. She then handed him some bone meal which he smeared the newly ground plant into. "Now then, you'll want to be careful when handling these plants. Some parts of the plant isn't compatible with the rest of it. For instance, the petals of the flower are used for a terrible poison, while the stem is used for healing wounds." Akio, who was in the middle of mixing the paste with the ground plant, opened his eyes wide and turned to look at her. "Wait wha-" A loud pop and bang was heard as a chemical reaction occurred in the bowl he was holding, causing sparks to go off and smoke blow into his face. He didn't bother coughing as he didn't have any real lungs, but he had to fan the smoke away. "...Why didn't you tell me that sooner?!"

He jumped right back into it, tuning the woman out at this point as she was starting to repeat the same basic instructions. He was experimenting however. He found that making the toxic venom was proving to be more difficult than he believed it should. Maybe it wouldn't let him make something that deadly his first time around. So, on his fourth attempt, he managed to craft a rare salve for the HP recovery instead. He sighed as they left the tent, watching his experience points increase until he hit level ten. "Yes! Only three levels away from you now Kaya! We'll be even pretty soon."

[ID# 153213] [CD: 1] [Result: Failure; -1 Material]
[ID# 153214] [CD:
2] [Result: Failure; -1 Material]
[ID# 153215] [CD:
9] [LD: 20] [Result: Failure]
[ID# 153216] [CD:
11] [Result: +1 Rare Salve - HP Recovery]

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 9]

] (18/18)