[PP|F22]<<Training Your Friend>>Burritos and Fire

Upon making it back up to Floor 22, both the damagers had acquired their partners. Megitsune had finally gotten ahold of her desired and rare fox type mob that could breath fire and Gaius had gotten his not-so-fierce grizzly bear that had an affection for food. They couldn't be any better.

Except, they could. Without proper training, the two familiars wouldn't do much for their masters other than provide company and moral support. If they wanted to use them as intended, they would have to train their pets to be stronger. The guild's hall would be a good place for that. With the entire guild present, they didn't have to worry about being attacked by strong monsters without back up.

"Yo, why don't we go ahead and get these two trained while we're on the topic. It could take some time to do, but best to get it done as quickly as possible so we don't have to worry about it later down the line."

Spoiler

Name: Megitsune
Level: 19
HP: 380/380
EN: 38/38

Stats:
Damage: 11
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Obsidian Scythe: DMG III
Armor: Kitsu-mono: EVA I; Rec: II
Misc: Kitsune Mask: ACC III

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Empty Slot
Empty Slot
Empty Slot
Empty Slot
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

The word training was about as un-fun as it got, Gaius looked at the girl with a squint then down at the bear. How exactly was he supposed to get this thing to do anything remotely more than snack on food. It's appetite mirrored his own which he could respect the fact, like a child it seemed to always want food so now he had to tote around twice the amount he usually did. It was a good thing he was a chef, else this would be a whole new kind of pain in the side. Waving his hand in front of the things face, it seemed rather uninterested simply watching his hand with wide eyes. "Yeah, let me just get right on that." Gaius remarked pulling at its ear with a soft whine. He had no clue where to begin, this thing seemed so far from being capable of doing anything else.

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon
Level: 19
HP: 380/380
EN: 38/38

Stats:
Damage: 11
Mitigation: 9
H.M.:2
L.M.:2
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dragoon's Ascent [2HAS] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Base Damage]
Armor: Dragoon's Plate [Heavy] (T1/Perfect) 1 Mitigation, 2 Heavy Momentum
Misc: Dragoon's Scales [Light] (T1/Perfect) 1 Recovery, 2 Light Momentum

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Disguise

Battle Ready Inventory:
Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]
Teleport Crystal*1
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)*2
Empty Slot
Empty Slot

Edited by Gaius

She wanted to laugh, insanely bad, but just couldn't muster to be that mean to Gaius. It wasn't like it was something that he could really control anyway. The familiar shrank in to a tiny little ball of fur and food that was pretty adorable all things considered, but she wasn't sure how he could turn into a fighter in that state. After a moment of quiet contemplation, she had a bit of an idea.

"What if you taught it how to take on that grizzly form again to help you fight. It's like that one comic book character who gets really strong when he gets angry or something like that." That wasn't the best analogy she could have made, having no experience reading comics whatsoever, but perhaps he would be able to understand it like that. Her training with Amaterasu would be easy to figure out so she wasn't that worried.

He thought about it and who knows maybe it was a bit more imposing when it was angry. He pulled at its ear a bit more and all it did was whine and growl. As soon as he let go it was as if it had forgotten all about it, looking up to him with huge eyes. "I dunno, maybe I got one that's defective." Gaius remarked looking at it and then at Amaterasu, and the difference between the two was rather apparent. Her familiar looked much more capable of actually fighting in combat, his not so much. He would have to come up with something, she may be on to something but the more minute details were still in the air. "Come on dude, get mad or somethin'." Gaius poked at it and prodded the tiny pile of dough, it simply falls to one side and continues to chew on the meal it was hugging that was about the same size as it.

Gaius wasn't entirely sure how he could get his familiar to work as a fighter like hers, but honestly, neither did she. Hopefully her advice would help him come up with something. Now, she had to work on getting Amaterasu battle ready. She looked over to her snow white familiar, giving her an obedient and docile look. Pulling out her scythe, she reached it out towards Amaterasu and spoke to her familiar the instructions for training.

"Amaterasu, light my weapon ablaze so you can help me destroy anything in my path!" The white fox obliged. It blew in air, fire burning in its lungs with power that could make her weapon deal insane damage. When it blew the blue fumes onto the girl's weapon, however, it sent out too much, lighting Megistune's clothes on fire. Luckily they weren't her favorites. Quickly she pat the flames out and watched her health bar take a small hit from the damage. "No worries, mistakes are bound to happen."

image.png

Spoiler

Training Familiar: Fail [0/3]

Gaius picked it up and set it back on its butt, which wasn't difficult to do it weighed maybe 10 pounds. "Come on dude, bite me or something." Gaius shoves it with a rather delicate shove, it topples onto its back. A rather adorable growl as it flops backward, Gaius puts his hand to his forehead. "I am out of my element here." he comments to Megitsune as she is putting out the fire on her person. His familiar rocks back and forth trying to weeble wobble itself upright with tiny paws wriggling around toward the sky. "This is pathetic. I dunno if this dude is going to ever be useful in combat." He failed to see it nothing more than a ball of fur, maybe being cute was all he was meant to be. Then why would the cardinal system give him such a thing, to taunt him or belittle him?

ID# 153812 results: Craft: 4, Nope

Edited by Gaius

"Hey, give him more of a chance. It's hardly been an hour since you guys met, I doubt he'll show off anything that cool about himself that soon. Prod him a bit more and see where it take you. He could be the most ferocious bear in all Aincrad for all you know." For the first time, her words didn't really come in taunt. Megitsune was actually kind of liking the tiny little bear. It was cute and pretty lovable at that size.

Megitsune looked back over to Amaterasu, who from now on she would nickname Amai for short cause Amaterasu was something of a mouth full, and talked with her again. "Amai, you need to blow a little less far when we try again, alright? Too much will hurt me more and I know you're not trying to hurt me. If we can get it right just three times, I'm sure that we'll be able to take on anything without a problem!"

Little Boris manages to squirm his way to his feet, beginning to trail away. "Where do you think your going?" Gaius watches him start to waddle away, not moving to awful fast given his leg span was only 3 inches or so. But despite his stature he starts to move away, moving to some grass much larger than he was and shoving his tiny head in. "What you bored or something?" he asked the little ball of fuzz who was still completely oblivious to his presence. He was lost in his own little world, and Gaius couldn't get a grip on what must be passing through that noggin of his. "Yeah maybe, but right now he looks like a stuffed animal that has sprung to life." his answer to the girl with a sigh, not sure what may come of this if anything as this was progressing exactly as he would expect.

"This is what the training is for Gaius. He doesn't come packaged with ferocity, but you can make him into something savage with a little work. Amai is already somewhat good at it because I went through the trouble of collecting a boss tier monster. Boris is a lower tier mob that need someone to show him how strong he can be, and I think you're just the guy to do that." She did her best to encourage him. If his intentions weren't true, nothing would come out of this, and they will have wasted time on a quest they didn't really even need to do. "You're passionate with the things you do and fighting is one of those things that you really excel at. If you can teach Boris to be like that, I'm sure he'll be an asset that you can't live without in this horrible death game."

Gaius just thinks in silence as he watches the tiny bear play in the foliage within the confines of the cathedral of forgotten. "I suppose, it's just he was much tougher on that lake. Then..." He gestures to the bear as it waddles back to the pair, a small sneeze, and a low growl before somewhat intelligently holding a small bushel of berries. Snapping one off with his tiny mittens he offers one to Amaterasu, a vibrant red orb that dwarfed his paw. Maybe about half of her leg on his hinds, she takes it and he pats and snaps another off with a coo and moves to Megitsune. "I got like a puppy instead of a lion." as Boris tries to offer the girl one being only up to her ankle. A word from the walls as a bitter chill plays in the air. "You'll find that looks can be deceiving, you of all people should know better." A female voice snaps from the trees, who was waiting idly by and watching in silence. Dropping down with a softened pad of her feet, it was Setsuna. "Size is no issue, it is intention and determination that are important."

The bear continues to stretch upward and attempt to hand Megitsune one of his berries.

Megitsune takes the offered berry and inspects it. She didn't like bitter food all that much so she didn't want to eat it if it was bitter. A new voice joined the fray. She had forgotten that they were at the guild hall for a moment. She hadn't really the chance to meet anyone other than Gaius and four-eyes. There was a moment when she met the black cat and the other merchant girl. Best she got to meet the rest of the group that she would be fighting with.

"Kon." She moves her mask back over her face when she turns around to greet the new face. "Megitsune. I am the white fox, good to meet you. I fight with this doofus." She points to Gaius.

"Alright, Amai, one more try! Light the weapon ablaze." In no time at all, the foxes blue fire engulfs her weapon like frosting on a cake. She swings it to ensure that the fire will stay alive while making an attack and soon it faded. "Well done." She gives her pet a headpat for praise.

image.png

Training Familiar: Success[1/3]

Gaius's attention was still fixated on little Boris, he struggled to see what Setsuna was putting down. Even with her just taking the berry was enough for the small thing, who snapped another off and with a growl extended one to Gaius. "Where did you get this?" Gaius asked it to which it could pay no response. It began to tap the food against his face, looking determined to feed him the berry as had to all the others. "Your just a ball of character huh. That's Setsuna." 

"Hold your tongue or I will cut it from your mouth. You do not speak for me." Setsuna snapped, looking to Fox. "I find Kitsune to be more fitting. Setsuna. Megitsune it is for now, I prove you will earn a moniker as this imbecile has failed to do." Gaius is so focused on his bear he doesn't quite realize the insult. "I hope your more clear-headed than your counterpart, effective when he's meant to but inefficient most of the time. he accepts the berry from the bear, opening his mouth a tad and allowing it to feed him.

ID# 153818 results: Craft: 9

[1/3] Success

Edited by Gaius

Megitsune thrust her weapon into the ground as she was greeted directly with Setsuna. Her hands folded just underneath her chest as the girl spoke with her. "You seem to really hate the block head," She started with a bit of a hushed tone. She could agree that her partner was something of an idiot sometimes, but it was in his character and likely irreversible. "If Kitsune works easiest for you, then use that. Megitsune is merely a variation of the the term."

The white fox looks over to the blue-silked woman who was something of new arrival and sat in front of her. It looks like it was expecting pets from the girl. Megitsune should probably warn her beforehand. "Watch out. She's a lovable one, but she can breathe insanely hot fire. Sometimes its uncontrollable. They wouldn't kill you or anything, but they can hurt like a bitch, even with the pain suppression."

Chewing the berry in his mouth, it was some sort of tiny cherry. "You just found this in a bush, sure you are my familiar?" Gaius joked as this was something he was starting to get the sense that glasses kid did, given the time he spent within these halls, and mysteriously the vault was always stocked up. "Well If you have anything to show me bud, you can do it." Gaius goads and taps its head, it rolls around for a moment and starts to pick at what it had found. "Quite an appetite though, it's almost like your a baby." the dragoon was doing his best to understand what to do with it, how best to approach this.

Setsuna looks to Megitsune, her white hair and silvered blued eyes like an inverse reflection. "Heat, with that coloring I would assume the opposite." her disguise skill procs and begins to pool a fog of white around her body. like a sudden flow of sleet through the relatively clear day, it seemed focaled on the child. "I can see the potential in you." Setsuna kneels and buffs the fur with an almost pale hand, like a corpse through its frosted fur. "And you as well, but do not let his blunders cause your trouble. He has a habit of overstepping his bounds and leaping into things unprepared."

"A thick skull at least protects the brain enough to ensure no damage. He can't get any stupider than he is now... Uh, at least I hope." She wasn't too sure in what she said. Gaius could always be more of an idiot, but at least he was effective of an idiot when it wasn't important.

The familiar was pleased with the cold touch of Setsuna's hand against her head. It reminded her of her previous home. It cooed quietly, taking in the head pat. "Amaterasu. Another try please. We can't rely on screwing this up in battle, okay? Let's get a few more times so you have the hang of it." The familiar jumped up to position, readying the fire in its body to transfer to its master's weapon. When she held out the massive obsidian weapon, she made sure that it was extended far enough where the familiar wouldn't catch her with the flames, but this time, they were too weak to stay long enough. "Too weak. Catch your breath and lets try again in a moment."

A bitter chill down his spine causes him to shutter, looking up Setsuna is going that crap she does. "Would you quit I am trying to work here." Gaius barks, hoping that the girl would leave them be and stop distracting him. "Fine, I will let you discover exactly what something smaller than you is capable of." Setsuna dropped the words in almost a cryptic fashion. "I assume we will meet again, Megitsune. I hope to see exactly what you can do in time. Perhaps something to further my own experiences, and we can learn from one another." Turning her gaze to Gaius she pays him a glare, for they had a score to settle for his problems in third lessons still but they would lay dormant for now. The flurry grows thicker as she clasps at a bit of cloth near her neck and lifts it over the bottom half of her face, she appears to leap before she vanishes. The sleet seems to fade and she's nowhere in sight.

Megitsune waved off the other. She was faster than Megitsune expected. If they were to spar, she might actually give her a run for her money. Glad she was on her side, as long it wasn't the bad one. Looking over at Gaius, he still seemed a bit distracted with getting his familiar to actually look ferocious. There wasn't much of a way for her to help him. The two would have to figure out their own fighting style just as she and Amai had.

Looking over at the pet to address her again, Fox was actually surprised to see her scythe lit a bright with blue fire again. She hadn't expected it try again so quickly, but first she had to test if it was good enough. Lifting the scythe from the dirt, she gives it a few swings and grins. "There you go. One more try and I think you'll have it down. Keep up the good work." She gives the familiar a quick pet again and watches Gaius.

image.png

Training Familiar: Success [2/3]

Setsuna had left allowing him to pay a more focused gaze, his face a bit reluctant and a tad skeptical as he stared into little Boris's eyes. It stared back at him with an intense look, it didn't seem fierce at all. "What do you do?" Gaius asked the thing in hopes it would respond in some way he could understand it. A blink of his eyes he could swear he saw the thing shrug. "Did you see that?" he asked Megitsune looking up to her as she was swinging about a flaming sickle. "Well, yours looks like its getting along." the small bear latches onto his folded knee seeming more focused on him, with its small cheeks expanded with the rest of its meal shoved into its cheeks. "What's this then? Simmone asks as two small NPC girls skitter down with bags in tow, tossed sacks of white linen over their shoulders. "Hiya~" They exclaim before taking to the side. "Aw Gaius, it's adorable. Who knew you had such a soft side." she goaded him a bit knowing she would get a rise from him.

ID# 153821 results: Craft: 10

[2/3] Success!

Edited by Gaius

"Greetings, Black Cat. Looks like you're busy today Simmone." The Megitsune clears the flames from her weapon and setting it down for a moment to talk again. She looked over to the girl NPCs that worked for Simmone, wondering how she could stand having someone else take charge in her shop. If someone was working in her shop other than her, she felt as though she would lose track of everything. The Fox's mask covered her face, but her voice still came clear enough to be heard. "The help must be nice. Still I prefer my own shop to be run by just me. Gaius is trying to train his fluff into a deadly grizzly bear. Its rather adorable for his taste don't you think?" She chuckled, being joined by her familiar who cooed at the new arrival wanting their attention. "Careful, she breathes fire, but she won't bit or anything."

Gaius looked over his shoulder with a glare "Screw you miss hoity toity. It didn't look like this before I pile drove it into being a cupcake." he huffed before a returned stare back to the thing that was now attempting to perch itself on his leg with much difficulty. "Now now dear, it was only a jest. I am sure it will do whatever you dream it to do." she joked further. "Ah, White Fox you seem to be doing well for yourself. A beautiful creature, fox fur is some of the softest you can find. Moro and Maru do their part." to which the girls move to her side and with the hands they have free offer salutes. "It keeps things in order and allows me to manage the books while they deal with patrons and the shelving. Now if I could get something like you have there, I could have my own entourage. Alas, I have matters to attend, cataloging and dividing tomorrow's usage. Ta ta for now, and Best of luck and try not to hold the girl back" as she begins to travel away toward Coral, with Moro and Maru in her wake.

Edited by Gaius