[SP|F11] <<Nature's Treasure>> Returning

Having just gotten some items back from the shop the boy had set up back in the first floor, he eventually made his way back to the eleventh in order to get to grinding once more. The amounts of Col and materials he could get from there were immense, and if he slowly built up a fortune like that, he could invest in a house and find himself and Shay a better suited place to sleep and reside in. That aside, if he ever got to joining a small guild or making one himself, it'd be possible to eventually give a hand in building the guild hall, if not bear the weight on his own- that was all thinking far, far ahead though.

The bluehead entered the same garden as the last time, with Blizz atop of his head like a hat once more and his broadsword in his hand. With a deep breath, he frowned slightly and looked at the monsters around, trying to pick off a good enough pair to fight with. 

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 26
HP: 520/520
EN: 52/52

Stats:
Damage: 12
Mitigation: 5
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
REC:2
PARA:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Sky Slasher>> (T1/Perfect/2HSS): DMG II; PAR I
Armor: <<Sky Blue Apparel>> (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): EVA I; REC II
Misc: <<Warm Earmuffs>> (T1/Perfect/Trinket): ACC III

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 1]
Battle Healing [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
T1 Mochi (LD +3)*1
T1 Rare Health Potions (heal 40HP)*2
Spyglass (2/3)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

"I'm going to stick to two monsters per encounter to keep myself out of harm's way. Now that I have the skill from that desert quest, I should heal faster outside of battle, so I must be much faster to pick up on fights, too. This will be great, I know it will be.", Chase thought to himself with a grin, gesturing to his familiar that they were about to engage into battle as he approached one of the Garden Nepents once more.

A second showed up not too late afterwards, and they went into formation almost as if to warn him to steer clear of them. With a shrug, the boy prepared himself to attack and lunged forwards, hitting them both with the flat side of his sword in an attempt to stun and leave them in place for the next attack to finish them right up. Thankfully, the attack landed on both.

image.png.9fe94b35286486702a27e8cc08741d88.png

ChaseR: HP: 520/520 | EN: 43/52 (-9) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 1: HP: 164/260 (-96) | DMG: 78 (Stun) [Stun CD: 3/3]
Garden Nepent 2: HP: 148/260 (-112) | DMG: 78 (Stun) [Stun CD: 3/3]

Edited by ChaseR

On top of the stun working, one of the monsters seemed to have been hit critically. At that moment, Blizz jumped into the air and breathed ice cold air onto the sword, forming a thicker layer than before, probably due to the tier upgrade- that must have been why Chase's damage upped a little despite him not having received his upgraded gear just yet. Once the layer had been formed and the familiar repositioned itself back onto the boy's shoulder, he heaved and slashed at the both of them, knowing that they'd be stronger than the ones before and possibly, just barely out of his kill range.

The attack was just barely off from missing, but thankfully it struck the both just fine and left him with enough time to lift his blade back, flipping it to its side and preventing both strikes from hitting him. "Heh, just like that!", he said with a small grin on his face.

image.png.38ec6d9895236fd8772ed8f3bf09560b.png

ChaseR: HP: 520/520 | EN: 33/52 (-13, +3) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 1: HP: 20/260 (-144) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: 2/3]
Garden Nepent 2: HP: 4/260 (-144) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: 2/3]

Edited by ChaseR

In order to finish the two that were both on just a sliver of HP, he decided to use a weaker sword art to maintain his own energy- the weakest that he had would be enough to take them both down, at this point. He moved his blade to the side and after a quick breath and a green glow, he quickly sent a quick strike leftwards and then back right with more strength than the previous their way. "Now then, begone!"

His shout was enough to mentally bolster his attacks just to add a little more punch to them. He heard the two familiar blips, whipping his blade to the side as if to throw anything left on it right off before sheathing it onto his back once more. It was then that the loot window opened up, at which he looked in anticipation to see his rewards. "What is it this time?"

image.png.627a67b0d1d7068d86a295de5e3c2192.png

image.png.7f742d5c6cbdfdb0c7a9f7982e28589c.png

ChaseR: HP: 520/520 | EN: 29/52 (-5, +1) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 1: HP: 0/260 (-24) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: 1/3]
Garden Nepent 2: HP: 0/260 (-24) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: 1/3]

Loot: 2600 Col, 1 Uncommon Consumable (ID: 162196), 8 T2 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

Seeing as his health hadn't dropped any but his energy was depleted a fair bit, the bluehead decided to take his sweet time once more relaxing so that he could gather materials and let it refill back up. With a grin, he closed the loot window, appreciating the fair amount of Col that he managed to gather this time as well. "That's another pair of monsters killed just fine. Let's look around, bud.", he told his familiar and let him down onto the ground, as both began to walk about the garden with high hopes that they'd find something laying around here and there.

While searching, he took some time to appreciate the garden for what it was- its natural beauty in this virtual environment. It actually looked like a place that he'd want to stay in, if it weren't filled with monsters or if anybody else had come along with him. "It's a shame, isn't it... At least you're still safe, Lily."

image.png.355035ebbce5244e303ab72910bba0d6.png

Loot: 2600 Col, 1 Uncommon Consumable (ID: 162196), 10 T2 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

While admiring the garden, the boy finally saw something glimmer further up ahead and walked up to it, seeing a shiny rock on the ground. Picking up and inspecting it further, it seemed like exactly what he could turn into a jewel. But there was something more- another, right beside it. Not a problem at all, the more materials the merrier, this was one of the reasons he came by here after all. Worst case, the crafted result wouldn't be a perfect but he'd still be able to sell it for lower tier materials to rank up his profession faster and get better odds at making a perfect.

It still bothered him how there was little skill to this and it was mostly automated and went by chances, but... Such was life now, in Aincrad. Once he'd stashed the materials away in his inventory, the boy went back to looking around for materials once more with a small frown on his face.

image.png.511e201f828a5d672125c6ce8d23bf29.png

Loot: 2600 Col, 1 Uncommon Consumable (ID: 162196), 12 T2 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

Just a bit further ahead, he could see another shine as soon as he lifted his head. He whistled to get Blizz attention, who scuttled over not too late afterwards, accompanying blue. He crouched to pick up what seemed like two pieces of marble, raising an eyebrow curiously at the second lucky find. "These materials... I wonder if they had some origin or if the game randomly decides what will be dropped... Monsters can drop materials too, but they're materials all the same. Maybe they're changed to fit each player's profession... Speaking of the game...", he stopped thinking and the frown returned.

It was harsh accepting this as his new reality, even if he wasn't doing too bad a job at it thus far. "We still haven't found anything new about that Achilles guy, Calrex. Have we Blizz?", he mostly monologued, rhetorically asking his familiar. Chase wanted to get to the bottom of this sooner or later, and at some point, he'd be able to fight him one on one, if he was even real in the first place. The boy decided to focus on gathering the materials right now and looked around to see if he could get any more.

image.png.344bbd2cebfb35ffc6736680dcc9e4a9.png

Loot: 2600 Col, 1 Uncommon Consumable (ID: 162196), 14 T2 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

To his surprise, another lucky find. But he'd figure that out just shortly, as two monsters stood near the materials. With a grin on his face, he unsheathed his sword with his energy having fully returned, preparing to get into another engagement. "Just when I think this game can't get the jump on me again...", he joked and began to run towards them as soon as Blizz grabbed onto his shorts, rolling to take hold of the two materials before bringing his sword down on the Nepents from above with much more momentum, hoping to stun them.

Needless to say, the range of his attack wasn't wide enough and as a result, only a single one got hit and stunned successfully. However, with a swift jump backwards, he managed to dodge the other's attack and growled, shifting his stance and lowering his blade to the ground so its tip was just barely not resting on the grass.

image.png.45424f227b427abe00fcd3e418fa0494.png

ChaseR: HP: 520/520 | EN: 45/52 (-7) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 3: HP: 260/260 | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: -]
Garden Nepent 4: HP: 164/260 (-96) | DMG: 78 (Stun) [Stun CD: 3/3]

Edited by ChaseR

Blizz was quick to hop onto the guard of his blade, balancing himself and using his frost breath to create a layer of ice over it once more- despite this having been the move to give him a lot of hardship learning, it appeared to be the most efficient one to use without limit during battle. Once the layer had formed, he quickly climbed onto his partner's shoulder, and Chase heaved before he charged right towards the two with a sharp glare in his eyes. He heavily slashed sideways in an attempt to hit the both of them before pairing it up with a second slash, the ice shattering from the sheer speed and sparkling in the air as the shards flew off.

Both monsters were hit, however only one got phased enough by the attack to miss its own chance against Chase. With his blade raised to block both strikes, one managed to slip through and hit his leg, getting a hiss from the pangolin in return and a soft groan from the boy.

image.png.f746a2bbdd335f5985b3465467850870.png

ChaseR: HP: 447/520 (-73) | EN: 33/52 (-13, +1) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 3: HP: 116/260 (-144) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: -]
Garden Nepent 4: HP: 20/260 (-144) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: 2/3]

Edited by ChaseR

The attack didn't hit too hard, so it was easy to endure the slight stinging. On the plus side, his health was still relatively high, so he had no reason to feel stressed whatsoever. With a deep breath, the boy let out a shout and shifted his stance once more to twirl on the back of his heel and with an upwards movement, stopped only once he'd made a full turn. Now that he had some added momentum from the spin, he moved all of his strength to his hands and slashed downwards with intent to kill in his eyes, wanting to put an end to the encounter as quickly as possible; to every and any encounter with an enemy, that is.

"I won't risk myself when others are there worrying and losing sleep about me, damn it!", his thoughts only added more force to his movements as he could practically hear his heart beating inside of his own head from all the adrenaline. Why the rush now, though..?

image.png.dd5ac43d390d87f0ceb1375ef3898eb7.png

ChaseR: HP: 452/520 (+5) | EN: 32/52 (-2, +1) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 3: HP: 116/260 | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: -]
Garden Nepent 4: HP: 20/260 | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: 1/3]

Edited by ChaseR

The attack missed them, but as a result, the boy parried both of the monster's attacks and knocked them back off balance. This got him growling, as he angrily rushed at them once more as soon as he saw an opening. The pangolin held tightly onto him, seeing him get into a fight this much just now for the first time. Seeing how long they'd probably be partnered for though, this would be the first of many times that Chase lost himself in a battle. The boy slashed sideways with all of his strength to hit the both of them using the same sword art as the last two times, gritting his teeth tightly.

This time, the hit landed as cleanly as it could on both, slicing them in half horizontally before they shattered with the blip. The sparkle of their bodies' shards disappearing into thin air was just as pretty as Blizz' ice, albeit rather morbid. "I wonder... If a player dies is it the same? Is that what death is in this world?"

image.png.9e18779857b128bf066e7d9ee1294996.png

image.png.715c51635165a218496f1cfb761a9a5d.png

ChaseR: HP: 457/520 (+5) | EN: 22/52 (-13, +3) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 3: HP: 0/260 (-144) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: -]
Garden Nepent 4: HP: 0/260 (-144) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: -]

Loot: 6500 Col, 1 Uncommon T2 Consumable (ID: 162196), 1 Rare T2 Trinket (ID: 162209), 18 T2 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

"Dying in this world is the same for everything, isn't it..? So as soon as you hit zero...", the boy finished his thoughts out loud, looking at the shards dissipate into nothingness with a growing frown on his face. "Just like in the real world... Kayaba, damn it...", he flinched momentarily, only snapping out of it because of the loot window interrupting his train of thoughts. This was another bad pair of monster drops, but the Col was what mattered the most to him, and he'd gotten a fairly good amount thus far.

Dismissing the notification, it was time to repeat the cycle. He'd wait for his health and energy to regenerate back to full, and then he'd be all set to go for another encounter to wrap this up with a treasure chest afterwards, if he'd spaced everything out properly. "... Let's find some good materials and brighten the day up any, alright Blizz?", the bluehead talked to his pangolin to feel some sense of company, realising just how much he needed someone around him at times like this as he looked around for supplies.

image.png.8977d0e015e315baa77141735ca8ef3d.png

ChaseR: HP: 487/520 (+30) | EN: 25/52 (+3) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5

Loot: 6500 Col, 1 Uncommon T2 Consumable (ID: 162196), 1 Rare T2 Trinket (ID: 162209), 18 T2 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

He didn't see anything right off the bat, but realistically speaking, they'd already gathered enough for him not to head back 'empty-handed'. Hell, this was more than a good quest could yield him realistically speaking. This repeatable quest in specific appeared to be all too great for grinding away at monsters without too much effort, even for how undergeared he was- still using his first tier gear against monsters of the second.

This was beginning to raise the question inside of his head though; just how long could he keep this up for? "Sooner or later, the monsters will get strong enough that I'll be having some trouble taking them on... I should check on the merchants to see whether or not they have my gear ready.", he finished off with a sigh. At least there wasn't much else to do in this world. Yeah, there were some finer things, but... He couldn't relax until he was caught up with the best of the best. Until then, he was stuck looking around for materials like this.

image.png.c56909364d1b2d15a6cb810f225003d1.png

ChaseR: HP: 517/520 (+30) | EN: 23/52 (+1) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5

Loot: 6500 Col, 1 Uncommon T2 Consumable (ID: 162196), 1 Rare T2 Trinket (ID: 162209), 19 T2 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

Not that this was a bad 'fate' or anything, it was a past-time he could get used to. When he caught up, it'd all show because of all the time and effort he put in hacking and slashing at monsters or picking up supplies for his crafts one by one out here in the fields. He approached a shining material that he saw just a few seconds ago, picking the beautiful stone off the ground and stashing it away in his inventory. "Say, if the game gets cleared... That means everybody here becomes strangers again. All of us, including the ones I've met and those that have helped me.", his mind kept going back to thoughts that'd cause him trouble sooner or later.

He did his best to shake them off and focus on tracking down any other leftover minerals or rocks laying about to use for trinkets, grinning awkwardly. "Just embrace this damn it. This is my present and future until I square up and defeat every boss.", he told himself with a quick nod. Even if the idea was scary, he wanted to take it straight on.

image.png.a68eb37666f6fa57fceda735f7dbaee4.png

ChaseR: HP: 520/520 (+30) | EN: 52/52 | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5

Loot: 6500 Col, 1 Uncommon T2 Consumable (ID: 162196), 1 Rare T2 Trinket (ID: 162209), 19 T2 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

Although there wasn't anything to be found this time around, that was alright. Because a pair of Nepents was further away to the side. Chase began to unsheathe his sword, letting his hand rest for a moment before bringing his blade in front of him to grip it with both hands. He then started to walk towards the pair, picking up on the pace and holding his broadsword from the flat of its blade, trying to ram right into them to cause a quick stun and keep them both at bay for some easy damage once more- by now, he was starting to grow a pattern even to his farming when it came to these specific monsters.

Having obstructed his vision however, the boy ended up not only missing but deflecting a single one of the monsters' attacks, getting hit by the other in the shoulder for some decent damage. With a groan, he stopped in front of them and quickly repositioned his sword in his hands to hold it from its hilt with both hands.

image.png.bfd4c85a309bcd5e8669ede55548b617.png

ChaseR: HP: 447/520 (-73) | EN: 50/52 (-2) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 5: HP: 260/260 | DMG: 78
Garden Nepent 6: HP: 260/260 | DMG: 78

Edited by ChaseR

He quickly twirled the blade in his grip so its pommel was sticking out from in front of him, trying to slam it into one of the Nepents and then keep going with enough force to ram it right into the second with its full body to go for a double stun since the first attempt had failed- maybe this pair was stronger than all the rest, or all the thoughts from before were beginning to get to Chase and make him lose his composure and battle-readiness. "No matter, I can't let my health drop any further, I have to give it my all!"

And give it his all he did. His attack worked out exactly as planned in his head, and the two monsters got sent flying just a bit further away, as Chase was left behind panting for air and trying to regain his composure before going for another charge attack. "Blizz... Back me up."

image.png.7845d0b61fc702e39c53ec33c9fd7619.png

ChaseR: HP: 452/520 (+5) | EN: 44/52 (-9, +3) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 5: HP: 164/260 (-96) | DMG: 78 (Stun) [Stun CD: 3/3]
Garden Nepent 6: HP: 164/260 (-96) | DMG: 78 (Stun) [Stun CD: 3/3]

Edited by ChaseR

Blizz quickly caught on to what Chase wanted to do, and gave a nod before holding firmly onto his shoulder. The boy took a deep breath, clearing his mind of anything but battle-related thoughts, starting to march towards the monsters that snapped out of the stun and ended up hissing at him. He then swiftly planted one foot into the ground as the monsters charged at him instead. "That's fine all the same... I can take you both down regardless.", he muttered lowly to himself, his blade glowing a bright red as he raised it into the air.

With a downward swing of his blade, the force that went along with it was enough to send the two to the side just slightly so their attacks would miss by a tiny margin, but his own attack missed too. Blizz didn't move in to make his own advance to add a little bit of damage, as his partner's blade missed all the same.

image.png.10d144a9610e93d6b0b22562cd507599.png

ChaseR: HP: 457/520 (+5) | EN: 43/52 (-2, +1) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 5: HP: 164/260 | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: 2/3]
Garden Nepent 6: HP: 164/260 | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: 2/3]

Edited by ChaseR

Despite how he assumed the monsters must have gotten intimidated, nothing. They were still ready to retaliate all the same, no matter how strong Chase prove to be- but that's just how monsters had in this particular world. "I won't miss this time, so cover me, Blizz.", the boy stated and with another deep breath, abruptly lunged between the two, planting both his feet into the ground and starting to spin around, attempting to hit them repeatedly with his blade for a fair amount of damage to both. The placement of the swordsman was strategic, as now he had barely enough reach for the two monsters.

Both monsters ran at him in order to attack, getting slashed multiple times in the process but continuing their advance- one of them managed to push through and land another hit with its whip-like appendage on the boy, getting him to wince. But now that they were both close up, it was just the perfect chance to take them out for good and put an end to this final battle.

image.png.299483ed58c7b231d21172c202137190.png

ChaseR: HP: 389/520 (+5, -73) | EN: 31/52 (-13, +1) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 5: HP: 20/260 (-144) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: 1/3]
Garden Nepent 6: HP: 20/260 (-144) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: 1/3]

Edited by ChaseR

The boy twirled the blade in his hands, pointing at one of the two Nepents and making it glow purple before he lunged right at it, trying to slash downwards at it. With that movement, he maintained the momentum to turn around on his heel and stop as soon as he was facing the other, slashing at its appendage for that final blow that was needed to take the both of them out of the battle and put them to rest. "I'm starting to get a much better feel for battles... My stance, my abilities, my mobility... Everything about combat so far screams improvement. The more I battle, the better I'll get, too.", blue mentally noted, with a small smirk on his face.

Even though he hadn't even heard the blip yet or seen their health bars deplete, he knew that his blade had connected with both of the monsters. Nothing else was necessary but to slide his blade back into his sheathe and keep an eye out for the loot window that appeared as soon as they shattered into crystals.

image.png.0a669c0a4f319120a6cff599943cec1e.png

image.png.c922ba1b670435996e3f0b01ed7eecc1.png

ChaseR: HP: 394/520 (+5) | EN: 19/52 (-13, +1) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5
Garden Nepent 5: HP: 0/260 (-24) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: -]
Garden Nepent 6: HP: 0/260 (-24) | DMG: 78 [Stun CD: -]

Loot: 9100 Col, 2 Uncommon T2 Consumable (ID: 162196, ID: 162227), 2 Rare T2 Trinket (ID: 162209, ID: 162226), 1 Rare T2 Weapon (ID: 162227), 27 T2 Materials

Edited by ChaseR

Reading through the loot window, finally he was glad to have gotten a decent roll with the loot table. Not that he knew these exact terms, but it was still a matter of luck and that much he could understand regardless of how little game knowledge he possessed. "Great, we did good Blizz. Now then... Let's look for some treasure and then leave, shall we?", Chase proposed with a small smile on his face beginning to look around left and right in hopes he'd see anything.

Nothing appeared to come into sight, but that was alright. Leaving as is wouldn't hurt a tiny bit, hell, it'd afford a good few days worth of food and time for the boy and the little pangolin. Maybe with how much cash he was raking in, he could take Shay out for a more proper dinner than the dry bread that other time he offered her. But for now, what took priority was getting back to the Town of Beginnings and resting for a little bit at his cozy, wooden shop.

image.png.c6ac37359187e0298611dee0a6a3ac23.png

ChaseR: HP: 424/520 (+30) | EN: 20/52 (+1) | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | MIT: 5 | PAR: 1 (9-10) | BH: 5

Spoiler

Thread Rewards:

• 2 SP (1 Page, 1 Event)
  • 9500 Col
  • 2 Uncommon T2 Consumables (ID: 162196, 162227)
  • 2 Rare T2 Trinkets (ID: 162209, 162226)
  • 1 Rare T2 Weapon (ID: 162227)
  • 27 T2 Materials