[PP-09] Back at it Again! w/ Prometheus

Artemis hugged Ailuros close to her as she beamed into the ninth floor, the heat hitting her like a brick to the face as soon as she opened her eyes. 

"It wasn't this hot last time I was here," she mumbled, "Is Kayaba upping the temperature everyday or something?" She released the cat from her arms as she hopped off of the teleport gate. "D'you think he's somewhere around here, Luros?" Artemis asked, her head turning towards her familiar. She merely meowed back in reply, which Artemis expected, but still, it was never too late for the cat to magically learn how to speak out of nowhere! "Oh, I hope he is. I really wanted to... y'know, surprise him," she mumbled childishly, blowing a hot sigh. 

"I mean, he must be. He loves places like this, right?" The girl deadpanned, beginning to instinctively chew on her fingernails nervously. "Right? Oh gosh, I hope I didn't get it mixed up with some other floor."

She grabbed her head and groaned. "No, this has to be it. There's no other floor that's themed with fire!" she exclaimed exasperatedly, her fingers briefly tugging on her hair before she slouched over in defeat. "Darnit. Am I really that forgetful?" 

@Prometheus

Katsuki Tsuyugaya was an interesting man. After however long with the woman he loved, he’d decided he wasn’t right for her. Or maybe she wasn’t right for him, who knows? She didn’t deserve to be pushed into his life from which he only escaped by getting trapped in a death game. The pain welled up in the boy, growing like a pit of despair in his stomach and pulling his whole life down, and he couldn’t go out murdering people. That was “wrong” and “was wholly evil.”

So instead he drank... and drank... and drank. But nothing happened. No senses dulling, no memory crash, nothing. Not even the satisfying burn of the whisky could help him escape.

You made a promise to that kid, and you blew it. Now look at you, you’re so sad and such a loser you’re not even a drunk. You’re just... I don’t know... a lemon. His heavy hand dropped the glass on the table, like he was trying to push it into the ground. As his glass was picked up to be cleaned, a commotion sprang up behind the armored man. Katsuki donned his helmet and turned before he got pulled into this hell storm.

A young boy, couldn’t be but 16 slammed into the tower of power, and he was fuming. His hand gripped the child’s neck, lifting him off of the ground. “You better watch where you’re going kid, you might run into the wrong person.” A loud crash rings as Prometheus drops the boy into a nearby table and walks out of the building.

He liked to fight but that was going to be a mess.

@Artemis

Edited by Prometheus

"Maybe he's out of the safezone..?" she would ponder aloud, tapping her tiny finger against her chin skeptically as her cherry-red eyes gazed out the town's gate. She shuddered, her arms wrapping around herself. "It's super scary out there... but I have to give it a shot!" she exclaimed to herself, her previously weary eyes bursting into ones of determination. 

She looked down at her familiar, who was curled around her ankles and huffed. "Alright, Ailuros! I'm going to have to depend on you to keep me alive, and..." she paused, opening up her inventory to pull out her trusty rapier. "I'm going to fight my hardest!" she beamed, her fingers brushing against the silver handle ever-so-slightly before she withdrew it. "He's not going to expect me slaying through a bunch of lava monsters-!"

Artemis cut herself off, a loud crash from a nearby building catching her attention just as she finished her sentence. 

"Prometheus!?" Her face froze in shock before it brightened up. "Prometheus!" she would say again, her arms raising into the air with glee as she rushed over to her old friend. With her arms splayed, she tackled him into a hug like a child before jumping backwards. "I've been looking for you! I knew you would be around this floor somewhere but I didn't know where!" Artemis chirped, her voice and body all giddy and full of adrenaline. 

"It's been forever since we've last seen each other, right? Right? Agh, we have so much to catch up on!"

Katsuki had returned to the comforting warmth of the outside, and stood there soaking in the lonely singe on his armor. As he stares off into space, a familiar voice shouts across the empty area, drawing the steel tower’s attention to herself.

”Bubbles?”

As he turned, she slammed into his body, he backed up just a bit so it didn’t hurt her, but not enough to lose his balance. “What are you doing way out here?” He asks. She soon explains with many a word, confusing the man as he looks down at her. She had a point though, it had been a while. Katsuki had barely made it to level 8 so his promise wasn’t really fulfilled.

”You’re right. So, what have you been up to?” He asked, hoping to not have to tell her that he was inches from getting married, but left her. Or that he’d lost a leg to do so. There might’ve also been a kill or two, but he doesn’t remember.

@Artemis