[PP | F03] Welcome to our Family

♪♪Welcome to our Family♪♪

This week had been one of the tougher weeks being stuck in SAO. As the day approached closer and closer to her mom’s birthday the sadness that lingered deep beneath the surface rose it’s ugly head like a monster out of a swamp. Asmura had tried to sit with it and accept it; she tried to distract herself with art; and even tried to talk to an NPC bartender about it. While he was a great listener, there was only so much that could be said; however, the bartender seemed to sense her sadness and lingered close by. It felt like no matter what was done the feeling would stay. Until the young girl was wandering around town and heard that there was supposed to be a meteor shower on the third floor that night.

Thinking that was the perfect distraction the young girl quickly sent out a message to the two people she could think of that would enjoy the occasion. Vie and Kiluia. It had been awhile since she had seen either of them and maybe a stargazing picnic would be the perfect activity to engage with others and get her mind out of the lingering darkness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler

Asmura: LVL: 10 | HP: 200 | EN: 20 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 1

Edited by Asmura

He had finished looking at the pastries after perfecting their toppings. They would be ready for sale tomorrow as he nodded in confirmation. His face was covered in some crème from all the work. If Haine were here, she would take the opportunity to clean it off his face. He smiled at the thought and grabbed a towel to wipe it off. A ping was heard, and he looked down at the message. It was his favorite little person. He blinked at the message and invitation and then back at the pastries he had made. With a few slight motions, he packed up some pastries and some hot cocoa to wash down the food as well. He was presented with the thought of asking her of becoming his daughter and flower girl. This would be a good time to discuss those matters if they ended up being alone.

Moments later, he was on the 3rd floor of the with the location she had presented within the message. He was going to surprise her with his presence. There had been rumors of meteor showers that would happen tonight so he would enjoy the moment with her. He didn’t need to be with Haine for this one evening so it was nice to see Asmura despite her living there as well.  Eyes meandered over to the coordinates, but he did not spot her right away. It was dark now, so he strained his eyes. His surprise was starting to fail.

Well I'm here. I just don't see you. :(

He typed out sighing that he wasn't able to surprise her.

Spoiler

Kiluia, White Lightning
Level: 51
HP: 1050/1050
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 25
Mitigation: 124
Evasion: 4
Accuracy: 4
BLD:36
REC:1
KEEN:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ra's Destructive Wrath (T3/Perfect/Handwrap): Keen, Bleed 1, Absolute Accuracy
Armor: Osiris's Shade (T3/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Rose of Truth (T3/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Picking [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 3]
Light Armor [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Familiar -Fighter R3
Survival

Mods:
Dismantling
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Primrose Cross (T1/Perfect/Trinket): Loot Dice 3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Dazed orbs stared into growing darkness as thoughts of family filtered through the mind’s eye. Although it had been such a short time it was difficult to recall some of their facial features. As her mind started back down the dark path it was the sudden appearance of the message box that knocked reality back into the picture. Quickly scanning the short message Asmura brought herself to full height—a whopping four foot and some change—before jogging off to find her companion. Low and behold she had asked him to meet her at the teleporter and she was running late. Rounding one of the building corners a wide curious gaze scanned the surroundings near the teleporter. Seconds later kyanite orbs landed on the trademark red coat of her friend, Kiluia.

“Hey, Kilulia,” Asmura called, eyes brimming with excitement and a grin wide enough to split the earth plastered on the small features, “Over here!” Thought of family and a missed birthday were long gone at this point. The only thoughts present now where how good it was to see Kiluia and how much fund they were going to have. Jogging up to the tall male she stopped for a second expecting to have to catch a breath or two; however, her breathing was not labored in the slightest. “You made it! Sorry I’m late, I got distracted.” 

He watched as the little one jog up to him. A smile was let loose as he listened to her words of greeting to him. Her apology was not needed as he waved a hand to dismiss the idea of her apologizing. “I just got here so there isn’t a reason to apologize to me.” He placed a hand on her head and sort of gave it a light frizz of his fingers. He scooped her hand into his and started walking hand and hand with her to the place of stars. “How was your day, Asmura?” He inquired like a dad. He was totally in a different mood between the two ladies when he was around either of them. “I brought us some things to snack on tonight when you want to.” A grin spread across his face as they approached their spot.

The opening was vast and there were very little people at the spot. It wasn’t exactly the moment in time yet for when the stars would gather so they had time to chit chat and speak their thoughts to each other. He was going to butter her up before asking the questions that were serious.

As soon as Kiluia's large, comforting hand engulfed her small one a wave of warmth settled over the small frame. For just a minute Asmura let herself bask in it. The day had been a rough one and the warmth the simple touch was providing brought comfort. Then a question was proposed that held more weight than the older male even realized. For a moment, all thoughts came to a grinding halt. This time there was no realization that the quiet had lasted a little be longer than necessary. No realization that as soon as the question had been asked the grip on the white-haired male's hand had grown just a bit tighter. Inwardly, Asmura was arguing with herself. To answer, or not to answer. Luckily, the hard question was followed-up by a topic that make the young girl's mouth water--Kiluia's cooking! 

"Really?" Asmura asked, her face lighting up with joy, "Whatcha' bring? Oo, is it those cream cheese muffins? Or maybe a cinnamon bun bigger than my head?" The excitement was impossible to miss on her features. It was almost as if the extended silence never happened at all. As the duo approached to the spot kyanite orbs looked around. "Where should we sit?"

Her tiny figure paled against his larger frame. Amber eyes glanced down at her and the charm of her innocence made him smile from ear to ear. Hearing her gush over the choice type of food he brought, he simply pointed at the open area. She would have to wait for the surprise of goodies he brought along. “There.” He pointed an open spot where few people would listen in on their conversation. A slight tint of excitement came from his voice as he had a lot of things to do tonight and it was great to have her here.

Hand swept open his inventory and he glanced down through his items before submitting his choice of a blanket they could sit down on. A basket soon followed with a sweet aroma and finally, a thermos and water canteen. It was a quick set up but he managed to keep talking. “So… before I answer, how was your day?” He pressed not ignoring her sudden quick break of silence earlier. He glanced over at her to watch her body language while laying the blanket down for the duo to be seated.

There would have been no missing it. When the question was posed for a second time the small frame became stiff like a board. As if needing something—anything—to do to keep from gazing at Kiluia she straightened out the soft, plush blanket and settled. By this point the child was aware that he would recognize that something was off. It would be best to address the question but how? Asmura tried to picture to pictures her therapist and what she would say. Mrs. Freeman would say that it was important to be honest and Asmura wanted to be honest, but she wasn’t ready to talk.

“To be honest Kiluia,” Asmura started softly, scared to face him due to emotion that was sure to be highlighted on the child-like features, “It’s been a rough day, but I don’t think I’m ready to talk about it.” Saying it out loud felt good. It always does. Not wanting to bring such a joyful situation down the small girl finally turned to peer over at the white-haired male and beamed. She wanted him to know that she would be okay. “So, what about your day? And what did you bring?”

Her body language struck him as rigid. A slight sigh would escape his lips as he fished inside the basket for the goodies. He wouldn’t say much to her he was ready to just give her some items. The first thing he pulled out was some fresh cheesecake dolloped with fresh crème and strawberries. The next thing was a pumpkin cheesecake muffin. They had cooled down and were still moist from being just freshly made. He had several other things but these two were the first to be served. He poured her a glass of water and kept the chocolate in the thermos for now until it got colder.

When the items were set on top of the blanket, he wrapped his arms around the tiny figured little girl and just placed his chin on her head. “Listen. Whenever you are ready, I’m ready to listen. I don’t mind waiting for a while. Just keep smiling, okay?” He whispered looking up at the sky.” I want you to at least keep smiling…” He kept it almost like a fatherly tone.

His voice trailed off before he slowly let go of the girl to enjoy her dessert. He sat back and stretched looking at the other people who were busy doing their own thing. He wanted to at least make it as comfortable for the little girl as possible. After all, they did live together.

An unfocused gaze was drawn toward the sound of the basket opening. Instantaneously all the negatives feelings—like sadness, anger, and longing—retreated. Once again kyanite orbs focused intensely on the basket in wonderment as the scent of freshly baked pastry wafted through the open air. The sweets that were pulled out of the basket were mouthwatering. Patiently, the young girl waited as Kiluia was about to hand her a sweet; however, she was caught off guard when solid arms wrapped around the small torso and closed the distance. A first, Asmura had slightly tensed. It had been a long time since a hug had last been received but it didn’t take long for her shoulder to drop and relaxation to take over. All she could do was nod as Kiluia asked to her “just keep smiling.” Just as the walls that been so lovingly been built started to crack and crumble she was released.

Shifting slightly to get more comfortable Asmura reached out for pumpkin cheesecake muffin. Giving the muffin a little waft, she then took a bite of the pastry. Pumpkin and cream cheese exploded across her taste buds; making them dance with delight. There was no way to resist grinning in joy. “These are amazing!” Asmura praised, taking another bite, “What make you wanna become a cook anyway?”

The reaction she gave with the pastries would make him smile before looking at her once more after surveying the area. They were in public but that wouldn’t stop anyone from just randomly pking out in the wilderness. “Well I am happy to hear you enjoy eating my work. It means a lot to me to hear compliments.” The white-haired man would respond. Her enthusiasm would help him keep producing these items so long as they were wanted. With Haine and Asmura around, he wouldn’t have much problem keeping up inspiration.

Her question made him nostalgic of why he even decided to do a bakery to begin with. “Well. In reality, I can’t do things like this. I want to produce something that reminds me of the real world and that I know I exist. If I can recreate things from our world, I want to motivate people to go home.” He sat up straight now and watched her. It was getting darker by the moment and soon the skies would turn into an orange to a darker purple and finally the darkness would be peppered with stars. “Haine enjoys my cooking and the guild doesn’t mind too much about it. I want people to enjoy themselves… Plus I like to see people smile.” He spoke finishing up his answer. “Have you thought about what you wanna do for a profession here?” He asked. His eyes were focused on her. This was about getting to know each other on top of spending time.

• 2 weeks later...

The question turned over in the young players head as she chewed on another bite of muffin. What did she want to do as a profession? While browsing the players handbook she remembered running into the section labeled “professions” and not given it a second thought, but maybe it would be something good to pursue.  Something to pass the time. She could follow in Kiluia’s footsteps; however, cooking had never been something that really interested her.

“Honestly, I’ve not thought about it.” Asmura acknowledge, turning to return Kiluia’s stare, “I think a lot of them sound fun, but I feel partial to either the tailor, or maybe the performer. Although I’ve never been one for crowds.” Asmura grinned a little at the thought of her singing or dancing in front of a large group of people. While it was not the preforming piece that enticed her the role of the performer did. Being able to assist other players in that way would be something that would be enjoyable. “Does Haine have a profession? How long have you guys been together anyway?” Behind Kiluia the sky started to change colors as day faded into night. Soon the motor shower would start. Asmura was looking forward to hanging out with Kiluia more and getting to know him. 

Night had come quickly as they waited for the soon spectacular sight. His eyes locked up at the sky trying to ensure they would not miss the brilliant light show. Just as he thought about Haine, he looked over at Asmura as she asked about her profession and then about his beloved. A smile crossed his face as he watched her. “Well. You can work on your nervousness with being a performer. You can do that or you can produce items that are needed as a performer.” He would get comfortable and lay back on his back to stare at the sky. The story about Haine and him would begin. “Funny you should think about being a performer… Haine is a performer.

For a moment, he paused trying to think about how they initially met. “Well. We met when we were young. It was probably when we were in elementary school in Europe.” He looked over at Asmura. “I fell in love with her at that time but moved away. When I started school in Japan, we met in the same school later, but it was high school. We kinda got together in the game seeing each other again. I kinda ran away from her when I found her again. I wanted to be a hot shot but then our avatars were taken away and she was with me. I finally had the courage to ask her… To be together and my soon to be wife.” He would have a burning question for her. “When that time comes, would you mind being our flower girl?” He smiled at her.

The way that Kilua mentioned that being a performer would allow her to grow as a person made Amsura stop and think. He was right. Taking on the Performer role would be one that would be challenging, but also rewarding. Maybe Haine would be able to help her?

As oranges, pinks and yellows darkened into a silky midnight blue the stars the decorated the night sky like sprinkle on a cupcake started to appear. The brightened and dimmed in unison as the moon started to peak over the horizon. It was truly a sight to behold. Finishing up the last few crumbs of the muffin—and ensuring that every crumb was out of the muffin wrapper—Asmura started to settle too as she intently listened to how Kiluia and Haine met. Laying back to the young girl hung on to every word. Honestly, learning the stories of other people lives and how they met their loved ones fascinated her.

Then an unexpected question left Kiluia’s mouth. Jerking up into a seated position, Asmura stared down at Kiluia with surprise etched onto her face. “Really?” Asmura questioned, voice laced with growing excitement, “You want me to be your flower girl?” The question was rhetorical but just saying it out made it real. “Of course, I’ll be your flower girl! When is the wedding? Do you need help with anything else?” There was going to be a wedding and she was going to be part of it. It must be her lucky day.

Edited by Asmura

Her enthusiasm had jumped from 0 to 100 in just a mere few seconds. Listening her go on about if Haine would help was no question. She knew that Haine would assist her in any way, shape, or form. If that was what she had decided, he would have to enhance their home again to have her get a workshop for herself. Amber eyes just watched the child react with joy. A smile formed on his face but was interrupted by the sight of dim streaks of stars crossing the darkened skies. It was starting to begin but the lightshow would be a little later for the two. “Of course, you can help us.” He looked at her again answering her question. “I want to adopt you. You are our family now.” He spoke to her.

He would slowly wrap his arm around her and look at the skies. “So when we get married, you can do whatever you like. You can pick out my tux if you want.” He laid his hand on her shoulder and kept his eyes up. “Listen. Haine and I will be gone for a bit.” He wanted to break the news to her without causing her to worry. “We’ve been called to the front lines.” His eyes didn’t break the starry gaze. “But after that, we’ll get married okay?”

The phrase “we’ve been called to the front lines” bounced around her head as if it had been a bouncy ball ricocheting off the walls. As his arm wrapped around the small body and drew it in Asmura folded like a piece of origami. Just like the stars falling in the sky the world that had been built, the one with Kiluia and Hanie, was falling. Why did they have to leave now? Why did they have to leave at all? Especially when Kiluia that just broke the news that he wanted to adopt her. To be her family. Before it could be stopped the flood broke through the ever carefully crafted barrier cracked. Thick, warm tears streamed down puffy cheeks as a gaze was drawn toward the ground. There was not sound between the two of them. Asmura knew without a doubt that she was being selfish. Kiluia and Haine had to go. They would come back and there would be a wedding. They would celebrate both victory, love, and family.

Through watery eyes a tearful gaze was drawn up toward the sky. She had to be strong. “I would love to be part of your family,” Asmura murmured, her voice cracking and pitchy, “I’ll be waiting for you both to come back so we can have a wedding and celebrate.” Sniffing and taking a hand to wipe away the tear streaks Asmura turned and looked at Kiluia with a fractured smile. “You better come back.” It was meant to be a joke to lighten the mood; however, there was also a note of seriousness. The young player was unsure if she could take losing another family to Sword Art Online.

• 2 weeks later...

A warm sensation of fluid swept down his face as he heard the little one’s voice crack. The trickled down and struck his clothing and he smiled slightly hearing her words. They were encouraging. It was a sign for them to continue with their work here and to form a family. He had not expected to go to the front lines. His level was on the lower end of the spectrum when to be frank. His head rested on hers as the stars fell. It was a beautiful light show. Beautiful yet bittersweet. Those words touched his heart as he pressed his lips on top of her head. She was already a part of his family.

He had not noticed that he had held her over a prolonged length of time. “I promise that we will come back…” He was adamant about keeping this promise to her. The news of them dying on the field would devastate her. His eyes locked onto the sky and spoke a little more. “We will find our way back to you in one piece.” He smiled slightly squeezing her. “Don’t fret. It’ll be over in a flash. And when we do come home, I’ll make us a big dinner.” He chuckled slightly. He had to put up a front despite the fear and anxiety that crept in the back in his mind. He would never forgive himself if she cried at the monument for the duo. 

• 3 weeks later...

With each breath her lungs burned as it felt like they were filling with concrete. Without even having to look at the man Asmura was keenly aware that Kiluia’s smooth features were also decorated with streaks of water. That fact made it harder to hold the tears back, but she did. Despite the duo holding onto to each for a prolonged period of time; Asmura did not want to let go. It felt like the moment they did it would all be over in a flash, and then they would be gone. Much like that stars that fell above and then disappeared into nothingness in the matter of seconds. There would be no more food fights at the table, and no more hide and seek with Pingu. The once bustling home would be quiet and somber. Hopefully, not for long though.  

“The biggest dinner ever,” Asmura agreed, voice soft as to not disturb the air of acceptance that had fallen, “with ham, and potatoes, and pies. We’ll make it together, as a family. It will be the best.” They would be together. They would come back and once they did it would like nothing change. One day, Asmura would be on the front line too. They would fight side-by-side and make sure that nothing ever happened to each other. “Who else will be going, do you know?” Asmura inquired, finally turning a gaze up toward the taller player, “Anyone else I know?”

@Kiluia Seiko

• 2 weeks later...

The stars dazzled the sky leaving white streaks across for everyone to see. There were gasps surrounding them as the others were admiring the beautiful light show. Amber eyes gazed upon them making a quick wish for the duo before looking down at her. He rested his chin upon her head as he spoke. “ The biggest feast you’ll have. I hear there’s a rabbit that is super tasty too. I recently heard about it so we can try that if I can obtain it. But the boars are tasty too. I just want to find the right one before we go ahead and make it. I will make anything you want when I come home.” His voice was barely above a whisper as he held onto the little one. Her reaction to his prior statement still hung heavy and did not go unnoticed.

Upon her next question, he would smile slightly. Hopefully this would bring her a little peace. “Raidou, Freyd, your mom, and ChaseR to name a few.” He looked down at wiping any of her tears away that were still in existence upon her soft skin. “You may know more but its okay. We will come back to you. I have a reason to live.” He would rub her cheek a bit before gazing back up.

• 1 month later...

As space rained down upon the players of Sword Art Online a flurry of gasps and excited mumbling exploded throughout the gathered crowd. It was unlike anything that had ever been witnessed since the beginning of this world. It was truly a wonderous event, even more so for the duo that sat embraced under the falling sky. A family that wouldn’t be torn apart by the harsh reality of this world and linked forever by their new – yet strong – bond.

Absorbing the words that Kiluia spoke Asmura nodded. Relief flooded through her being upon hearing that Kilulia would not be alone. Although she had only adventured with Freyd the others were just a reliable. They would help each other and ensure that everyone came back. Her gaze, which had been drawn up toward Kiluia, was then drawn toward the sky as well. The words “I have a reason to live” echoed in her head. “That’s comforting,” Asmura said lightly, a small grin snuck onto her features, “I would worry if you didn’t.” She already missed them. Next time, I’ll go with them. I promise.

Wide eyes trailed a particular star as it fell from grace.  “Have you made a wish yet? I heard that if you do it will come true.”