Stats:
Damage: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Vanity Sword>> (T1/Vanity/Sword): N/a
Armor:
Misc:

Skills:
One-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 1]

On the first floor within the starting city, a pink-haired player munched down on the last savory bite of the Blueberry cheesecake that the chef had served her. A high-pitched 'Mmmmmm' would escape from her. Swallowing, she would give a cheery to the cook. '"That was delicious! Thank you so much Rouge!" The brown-haired middle-aged man gave her a warm smile. "No worries, some day you're gonna have to make something for me eh?" She stuck out her tongue. "Even if I could make it, yours would still be wayyyy better!" A hearty laugh filled the room. "You never know, sometimes you just have to discover the right ingredient. This world and the real one." The girl stood, the man taking her plate that was dirty from blueberry topping. 

"I gotta go now! Got some plans for today!" Blueberry stepped towards the man and he parted her off with a friendly wave. "See you round' Berry!" She slid through the ajar door and stepped onto the streets. The Pink-haired player walked down the center the road, a little skip in each step. Blueberry's eyes then caught sight of an elegant orange flower next to a building. She found herself unable to resist crouching down and smelling the flower to see if it had its own unique scent. 

Oni sat at the table of the tavern inn annoyed. Looking down at the drink she had ordered, she knew full well that it wasn't going to do anything that she wanted. The taste hardly mattered, it was the buzz that she missed. She had finally had enough. Sitting around in this stupid town trying to get drunk on spirits that can't even do what their supposed to it. It needed to end already.

When the waitress came to her to see if she needed a refill, she picked up her weapon and slammed it into the ground next to her, standing up with that force. "I need the thrill! Not this worthless alcohol! Dammit! Why do you deny me this Kayaba?! Trap me in here and take away my coping mechanism?!" The waitress stood dumbfounded at the girl, a player obviously trying to make money so she can live until the game was cleared. Oni snarled at the girl and slammed the col on the counter, not even taking the full drink she hardly touched.

"I need to kill something already." She mumbled to herself, looking for quests that she could do just to vent some frustration. "This shit ends here!"

Spoiler

Name: Onihime
Level: 1
HP: 20/20
EN: 2/2

Stats:
Damage: 4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Vanity THAS
Armor: Vanity Light Armor
Misc: N/a

Skills:
Two-Handed Assualt Spear [Rank 1]

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potion*3

She stood from the flower, finding that it smelled quite pleasant but nothing out of the ordinary. Shouting caught her attention and she watched the door next to her slam open. 'EEP' was the sound that was forced out of her. 

"I need to kill something already." Were the words that were quietly mumbled by the large woman in front of her. The attitude the woman held and the way she carried herself was a bit different then anyone she had befriended before. It was new. She could tell the girl was upset by something from the miffed look on her face. She stepped forward confidently, holding her hands behind her back. "Hiya!" She said to the woman. "I don't know what's got you upset but here, this always makes me happy!" She pulled a slice of blueberry pie and showed it to the woman. As much as it made her distraught to lose the food, it was worth getting a new friend. 

"You can have it!" She said, flashing the girl her brightest smile. 

"Hiya!" A voice popped up behind the demon queen. Soon, a pink haired twerp had situated herself in front of Onihime, trying to cheer her up. She'd never met this girl before, so it was somewhat weird for her to just walk up on her and offer a slice of pie. She wanted to slap it out of the girl's hand and just move on, but she just remembered that she had yet to eat anything since she just walked out of that pitiful excuse for a bar.

"Er, fine. Give me that." She says taking the pie from other girl. If it was poisoned, it wouldn't damage her here, plus she could just beat the shit out of the girl for trying something so stupid. Plopping the food in her mouth, Oni lightened up a bit then. It wasn't that bad actually. "Oi, this isn't that bad. Where did you get this? I think I might want to get some myself. I haven't had food this good in a long time." Oni said stuffing the rest of the pie into her mouth with a satisfied grin.

To her disbelief, the woman actually accepted her food offering. The woman actually ended up grabbing the food, confirming to Blueberry that she was the more aggressive type. They were harder to make friends but if you could manage it they made a great friend.  The girl would then exclaim that it was good and ask where she got it from. "I actually got it made by one of my friends. Some day I am going to make them myself and eat countless sweets!" She did her best to make the sentence as diabolical as possible. "Of course, I have to get a bit further into the game to start doing that. I was only recently mentioned to by one of my friends that I should get the skill to make my own. So I am currently level one!" She gave an embarrassed smile. By telling the woman she was going to make sweets, it would make a good chance for her to stick around in the hopes of getting more good food. 

"So, I got to go this quest now so that I can learn a bit more about the game mechanics!" The only mechanic she had been aware of was eating the good food.  

Going and doing a quest was on the Oni's mind as well. The pinkette was talking about learning the skill to get better at cooking. That actually made her wonder if there was a skill that would allow her to create alcohol that actually got a person drunk. The simple thought was enlightening enough to make her consider it.

"Oi, let me join you. I have plans of my own to accomplish. Plus, I need to beat the shit of something and relieve a little bit of stress. If I sit in this stupid torn for another minute without a tavern that has some actual good drinks, I think I'm going to lose my mind." Onihime said, heading towards the beginners quest line where the two could start the quests they needed learn how to actually play the game. As long as she got to thrash around a couple stupid monsters, she would be fine with that.

She was pleased to find the woman requesting to join her. Their friendship was already beginning to head underway. "That would be great! My name is Blueberry, but most people just call me Blue or Berry. I don't mind which one you say." She skipped along, ecstatic that she was already able to begin making a new friend. This was just one woman in her plot to befriend all of Aincrad. With the woman in tow, Blueberry would enter the quest's first location. A humble alchemy shop. As she entered, she gave her traditional "Hi hi!" To announce her arrival. An older man stood in the shop, crafting potions. 

"Greetings young ones. Come here for some potions? I am afraid I just ran out of materials recently. If you could fetch me something, it would make it a lot easier. Perhaps I could show the power of concoctions and how they can be used to give yourself a little boost." 

The questline began as it displayed a message in front of her. "If you could gather me a few materials from out in the fields, we can get started." He would promise them. 

"Okay!" she would reply, leading the direction towards the fields of the first floor. Upon reaching the destination, she immediately got to searching. 

172722 LD:7 -> No material

Edited by Blueberry

Onihime snarled when she realized there was nothing to kill on this quest. All she wanted was to get into a fight with something nasty and tear its legs off or something. Watch it grovel at her feet and beg for an end. Well, she was still level one. Perhaps is was better that she did a single quest to gain a little bit of experience before bum-rushing a bunch of mobs like a complete idiot. She was blood-thirsty, not stupid.

"Well, Blue, you can call me Oni. I am the Demon Princess." She grinned, taking pride in the crude name. "I'm gonna beat the shit out of everything that gets in my way to get stronger. If you can't handle that, then we probably won't be a good fit for combat quests, just gonna give that warning." She knew she could be a bit overwhelming sometimes, so it was best to give her the heads up before it was too late.

Stepping over a flower, Oni takes a look at it to see that it has a material tag. Plus it was a pretty looking flower. She picked it and added it to her inventory.

image.png

Materials Found : 1/5

As Blueberry introduced herself, the woman introduced herself as Oni and even gave herself the title of "Demon Princess". The pink-haired girl cocked her head in self-confusion. A roleplay title perhaps? Was she still just playing the game? Although it wasn't recommended, Blueberry could follow that. Some people just wanted to have a little fun. She just wanted to eat good food surrounded by friends. 

"I'm gonna beat the shit out of everything that gets in my way to get stronger." 

"EEP" was once again the sound that was forced from her body as she was startled by the woman's sudden aggressiveness. "I umm... I think I'll just sit in the back and keep you healed. Best to stay healthy while you are busy... beating things." She searched around the area, finding an herb growing amidst a patch of grass. "This should be good!" She exclaimed to the quest material. She placed the item in her inventory before shooting Oni a thumbs-up.

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
172878 3 2 12 7 Blueberry Msg_hover2.png Searching for Quest Material

2020-10-15 13:12:49

Materials Found : 1/5

Edited by Blueberry

The mention of her healing was great. Oni tended to push herself too far. With the help of someone else making sure that she doesn't get herself killed, she could be even more confident with every single fight she gets in.

"If you're a healer, that works out really well for the both of us. I'll keep ya' safe and have the fun slamming everything into another dimension." Oni grinned happily just thinking about this new partnership blossoming. Almost as beautifully as the second flower that Oni happened upon. Reaching down and plucking the plant free of it's earthy home, she allowed it into her inventory same as the last.

"Flowers are beautiful. When I get my home bought, I need to get a garden full of 'em. All different kinds. Why kind of flowers do you prefer?" Oni asked. If she had to guess, she was probably a bellflower kind of girl.

image.png

Materials Found : 2/5

She could tell from their conversations that Oni was the kind of person who brute-forced her way through problems. Blueberry however, wasn't one to get out of problems. She hadn't really ever faced anything. She had come this far with the help of friends and her natural talent for swimming. Piercing electric blue eyes watched as the woman gathered another flower from the ground. 

"Flowers are beautiful. When I get my home bought, I need to get a garden full of 'em. All different kinds. Why kind of flowers do you prefer?"

It was odd having someone as extreme as Oni taking enjoyment in something so fragile. "Umm... I don't know the names of any flowers, but my favorite color is blue so those ones!" She would reply in a cheery tone. She scanned the ground again, finding yet another herb to grab for the quest. "Is there any water flowers? I've always liked the ocean." 

unknown.png

Materials Found : 2/5

Edited by Blueberry

Oni had to take a few seconds to think on that question. Flowers that grow near the water that are also blue? Iris or Hydrangea flowers need moist soil to grow well, so those were probably most her speed.

"There are a few like Irises and Hydrangeas that needed very moist soil to grow healthily. I think that's what you would be looking for if you wanted water-flowers." The demon explained, taking another look around for any more flowers around them. There weren't very many pretty ones this time around that caught her eye. She wanted the nice looking flowers not just any random dandelions.

Looking back over to blue, who seemed to find one's that she liked, Onihime gave a smile. "You don't seem very accustomed to games like these. What are you doing in Sword Art Online? Perhaps I could be wrong, but you don't really like like a person capable of fighting. You said you were a healer, so assume that taking up a weapon can be kind of scary to you."

image.png

Materials: 2/5

"Hydrangeas?" She pronounced to confirm with with herself. She smiled brightly to the woman. "Never heard of them!" She knew about the basic flowers such as sunflowers and daisies. However, these were some complicated flowers the girl was naming off. Taking a look around, it seemed that she had picked clean all the herbs from the area. 

You don't seem very accustomed to games like these. What are you doing in Sword Art Online?"

"Hmm? Oh, I joined the game with a group of friends. They aren't around anymore though. Its also not that I'm scared, I just don't like to be up in the middle of the fighting." 

Of course, she doubted this would be enough to appease a person like Onihime. She was the ruthless type, and to gain the woman's affection she would have to show some form of bloodthirst. 

"Also, wouldn't it be a lot cooler to melt your enemies without touching them? Some day I'll be able to sit back and heal my friends while my opponent withers away from damage over time!" She gave an almost too-fake evil laugh before her laugh became a genuine one. 

173310 LD:2

Edited by Blueberry

A grin formed on Onihime's face as Blue started talking more about her want to literally melt enemies with damage over time affects like burn. She wasn't very accustomed with those sort of effects since she likes all the power to be in the form of her weapon. Though she couldn't ignore what she had said just before about her friends.

"They aren't around anymore though." Had she gone through the tragedy of losing a close friend or two? She couldn't really relate to those feelings of emotion as she's never had anyone so close to her to be taken away. Most people try to avoid the girl due to her anger issues. Back to the topic about her build though, because she could relate to that much easier.

"I will be the one in the middle of all the fighting for you then! You can take it easy and support me as I fight! It'll be super easy." As she said that, she realized that might make things too boring. "Well, hopefully it's still fun to take a challenge like that!" The flowers in this area weren't pretty enough for her liking, so she followed Blue to a new one where hopefully better blooms blossomed.

image.png

One step after another, she moved towards a new area. The area they were currently in seemed to be picked clean from them and previous players. She knew if either of them had a higher searching skill they would have found materials that were hidden away from view. 

"I won't keep you from taking everything on. As long as neither of us steps out of bounds, it won't matter a bit." She stated to the woman. Her old friends fell to a fate that was common in this game. Well, at least most of them. The last had vanished without a trace. She hoped the girl had found new friends instead of just shutting herself in an inn and never moving again. 

The wind picked up for a moment, her pink hair catching the wind. Her electric blue eyes fell on Oni. "What is the reason you like flowers so much? There must be some reason. A delicate thing like flowers seems to be an unlikely object to like for a person like you." 

image.png.61542809c8fbc1c2f8feb6f625850f50.png

Edited by Blueberry

Oni stopped when Blue asked her about why she likes flowers. A growing temper looked to be growing on her face. "What's wrong with a girl likin' flowers, hunh?! Just because I don't look like someone who would like flowers means I can't--?!" Every once of her being was stopping her from rushing over to Blue and decking her in the nose for asking such a thing, but sooner or later, she was able to calm down enough to get ahold of herself.

"Sorry. As you might've guessed, I have somethin' of a short fuse. I'm 100% aware of that, so I'm learnin' flower arrangement hoping that it will help me learn how to keep a cool head." The demon explains looking around for anything they can use for that Zack fella. Unluckily, there was pretty much nothing around. "Speakin' of flowers, we should find some for that dude. Why does he need so many of them when they're so hard find? I think he's using us to fill his stock."

image.png

She noticed the anger growing on the girl's face. If there was anything she was good at, it was recognizing people's emotions. 

"What's wrong with a girl likin' flowers, hunh?! Just because I don't look like someone who would like flowers means I can't--?!

She waved her hands in the air in an apologetic motion. "Eep! I didn't mean it like that its just-" 

It took a moment, but the woman clamed down. Thankfully, Blue didn't have to make a tactical retreat. She wasn't much for fighting and doubted that she would have been able to fend the woman off. "Flowers are pretty. Anybody is allowed to like them." She attempted to leave the topic, but Oni did that for her. 

"There has to be something that he's going to teach us. Stay positive" She would reply with a smile. "I am sure there is a reason!" 

175333 LD:8
Materials: 3/5

• 3 months later...

The growl in Onihime's voice faded after a moment as she did her best to calm herself from the short temper she's so used to jumping to. Being alone in a world like this was bad enough, it would only be worse if she was about to make friends and just scared them away. Her brash nature was hard to work around, but she had a soft side somewhere in there.

"Flowers are beautiful." Onihime corrected her short, pink haired friend. "I haven't gotten the chance to do so yet, but I wanted to make my very own garden here in the game. Maybe there are special types of flowers here that are even more pretty than in the real world!"

As she continued to speak, Onihime would find another one of the materials that the old fart needed for his re-stock. Whatever they we're learning here, she couldn't see it still. Just seemed like he was getting free work.

image.thumb.png.b00ecfa8c69f480f7791d7ef3898807f.png

Materials: 3/5

Edited by Onihime

Oni seemed to be a dangerous person to be allowed to be angry. If Blue allowed her to get angry, she doubted she'd be able to draw the woman back. Luckily for the Pink-Haired player, as chaotic as she was she seemed a pretty easy person to keep happy. Especially when the conversation was flowers. 

"I bet there is a lot of 'beautiful' flowers here!" The girl made sure to use the terminology provided by Oni. Had she used the word pretty, it might've made the volatile woman erupt. She flashed a cute smile at Onihime, picking up a flower by its stem and adding it to her inventory. "I found another one! Almost done!" She said with joy. With the quest done, she could become a higher level and travel more to find new ingredients for dishes. "Just a little more now! Then we can be all done!" Perhaps she would eat a dessert to commemorate their success. Since she couldn't make her own yet of course. 

183593 LD:15
4/5 Materials

@Onihime

Onihime grinned her giant toothy maw as Blue agreed with her on finding lots of beautiful flowers in the game. "Yea'! You bet!" When the other girl mentioned that they should continue looking around, the Demon Princess found herself a glowing material. As she walked up to it, it would be snatched up by a little squirrel thinking it was going to get away with the item as it's meal. Onihime's brow went crooked as she summoned her weapon to hand.

With a long swing and sword art that instantly drained her attacking energy, the massive polearm smashed into the ground next to the little critter. The loud and threatening sound got it to release the item immediately and scurry off. "Oi! Where you think yer goin' with my shit!" She cursed at the squirrel as it ran off. Stepping over to the pick the item up off the ground and add it to her inventory.

image.png

Materials: 4/5