[F01] <<The Third Lesson, Is Also Free>>

After going out on a few adventures, Zero had decided to slow things down slightly and work on perfecting his skills.  There were many aspects of this world that related to real world physics and while "Sword Skills" were the main way of doing significant damage to enemies, basic strikes were going to be his bread and butter until he grew several more levels and could rely on the sword skills more consistently.  As such, rather than going out and risking his life against monsters and growing his level, he decided to focus on the fundamentals of swordsmanship.  Great swords required a lot of training and focus to make the basic attacks work and he wanted to develop his skills more in that regard, so he had spent the better part of the a year perfecting his attacks on training dummies.  Another consideration that weighed on him was the gift that Macradon had given him, the Two Handed Straight Sword of the Fallen.  It was an incredible weapon for his tier and he wanted to make sure that he wasn't just swinging the sword around wildly and hoping to get lucky.  Powerful, methodical strikes, looking for opening and driving the blade with the force that he could muster, that was the way to use a great sword.  Still, he felt like he hadn't been improving lately, perhaps it was finally time to step away from the training dummy's and put his training into practice.  Ultimately, that was going to be the only way that he was going to improve and if he ever had any hopes of joining the frontlines, he needed to get a move on.  It was at the moment he decided to look through his quest log, just to see what he was still holding on to and there was part three of the tutorial quest line.  

"Well, I suppose now is as good a time as any to start back up on the quests and get my level up some more.  Let's see, I've still got the safeguard potion that I got from the second quest that is part of the requirement and I've got the quest item to take to, looks like the NPC's name is Hannah.  I need to make sure that I've gotten my inventory up to date and get all of my equipment on."  Zero speaks to himself, a bad habit he developed from playing by himself in so many MMOs.  Still, even in this world, he found that helped to keep him focused on a task at hand and to prioritize his thoughts.  Opening up his menu, he went through and made sure that he had equipped his Two Handed Straight Sword of the Fallen, Obsidian Guard and gentleman's cufflinks.  However, before leaving, he goes down his list to a set of vanity clothing that he had commissioned and stopped on it for a moment.  He had been waiting for the right moment to finally equip these clothes and now was the time.  After selecting "The Seeker's Clothing", Zero's clothing completely changes, a blue and gold trimmed tunic with black pants, a red coat that draped down behind him and a red headband that went around his head with a long tail that went down to about the middle of his back.  This was the style of clothing that he had always loved in MMOs and he was so happy to final feel like himself again.  With that accomplished, Zero began to follow the instructions from the quest and began to make his way to grove where he could find the artisan Hannah.  

Level 5
HP: 100/100 I EN: 10/10 I DMG: 6 I MIT 26 I ACC: 2 I EVA: 0 | RGN: 1
Equips:
Two Handed Straight Sword of the Fallen [+2 DMG, +1 ACC] | Obsidian Guard [+2 MIT, +1 RGN] | Gentleman's Cufflinks [+1 ACC]
Skills:
2HSS [R1] I Heavy Armor [R1] 

It had been a while since he had left the relative safety of the safe zone around the main city on the floor of beginnings.  From the best information he could gather, this was still the most populated city in the game as many players had either remained on floor 1 or had decided to make their main base or home on the floor since it was supposed to be the largest.  That meant that, as long as he was careful, he could avoid contact with most players and guilds so that he could work on his skills in private and be left alone.  He had not had a conversation about joining a guild for a very long time and it was a subject that he was not all that interested in revisiting right now.  Perhaps he would join one at some point, but now was not the time to consider things like that.  As he wandered throughout the fields on his way to the grove of trees, Zero remembered that while he was out of the safe zone, it was possible to gather materials.  Most of the professions required the use of materials so gathering whatever you could was always a good idea and some craftsmen would even accept payment in materials so they could get experience in their crafting profession.  It was probably due to being out of practice by remaining in the main city for so long, but he wasn't having any luck finding any materials right now.  Deciding to focus on the task at hand more, he decides to stay on the main path for the time being and avoid any confrontations with monsters, there would be time for that later, but for now he wanted to get to the NPC Hannah as quickly as possible.  He had put off doing anything in the game for far to long, he needed to focus on the task at hand and get moving on getting stronger.

ID# 173073, LD result 1 - Failure, no materials gathered

Edited by zero_lost04
Roll Results

If he was going to find his way through this game and improve on everything with the hopes of making it to the frontlines anytime soon, Zero knew that he needed to start working on speeding up his progress while also multi-tasking as best he could.  Materials were very important for the crafting system and while he had an excellent set of tier 1 armor and weapons, he knew that he would need to improve his trinkets and have extras in order to develop his crafting skill once he settled on a new profession.  He had actually planned on being a fisherman, though just about the time he was about to finish that quest line, the profession had been patched though, he he had heard a rumor that it might make a return in the near future.  Regardless, materials were important, so he decided to keep an eye out as he got closer to the tree grove.  It was a good thing that he did as well as he was able to find some materials just as he entered the grove the saw the NPC he was looking for.  Zero wasn't really paying much attention at the start of Hannah's conversation, though he was aware of the quest prompt that popped up, indicating that he needed to turn over the gold band to Hannah in order to finish or progress the quest.

"Thank you so much for bringing this out here to me.  I always feel like I can do my best work out here in nature, I just always feel so inspired.  If you wouldn't mind, I do have one request I was hoping that you could help me with so that I can properly finish this.  I can promise you that the reward is worth it."  The NPC rattled on his text and Zero was paying more attention now, figuring that this quest was probably going to involve more than just going from point A to point B.  Accepting the next part of the quest, Hannah started the next batch of her scripted dialogue.  "Excellent," she exclaimed excitedly, "near here there is a cave that has a beautiful gemstone in it.  Normally there aren't too many monsters in it, but the cave is dark, making it hard to see.  If you would, please, enter the cave and bring me back the gemstone so that I can properly finish this item."

Zero shrugged his shoulders and left the grove of trees, heading for the area told to him by Hannah.  With any luck, it wouldn't be to difficult of a quest and would net him some easy experience and treasure so that he could keep moving on his journey to get to the frontlines.

ID# 173598 results: LD 18 - success - +1 Tier 1 Materials

Edited by zero_lost04