[PP|F1] Fishing for a good time <<TFLIAF>>

Nicholas was getting into deep water here with these quests while simultaneously trying to figure out how to work in the perfect date. Dustin would know what to do right about now he went on more than his fair share of dates, never actually landing a second though. Still, first date suggestions were better than winging it. He would discreetly open his menu and shoot his cousin a message while walking with Spencer, in hopes of getting an answer about where he could take the man. No reply, Guess he's busy. He would smile as he turns back towards Spencer. He had pointed them along the way and Arsenal was pretty sure he owed the guy a great date.

They had made their way pretty far out into the boonies before Arsenal broke the awkward silence. "So you like mountainous regions? You from that kind of environment irl... crap, irl questions are rude." He would apologize, rubbing the back of his head in a very disarming manner. "Sorry, didn't mean to ask something so personal." A soft smile is offered as a formal apology to the humble guide Nicholas had grown to like.

@Spencer

Spencer smiled softly when Arsenal apologized for asking about the real world. "Oh you are perfectly alright handsome. I don't mind talking about the real world." His smiled turned a bit more somber as he thought about the world. "I'm not from a mountainous region but I loved to rock climb for some reason. I've been to mountainous areas, but obviously nothing like this." He gestured to the rest of Aincrad. "I grew up in England for most of my childhood, but moved to Michigan for a few years because of my parents. That is where my physical body is to this day." He shrugs with a bit of a laugh. "It's weird to think I'm technically in two places at once." He pauses for a moment, not sure if he would be open to the question turned back at him. "How about you? If you don't mind me asking. Obviously you do not have to answer. I just kind of want to get to know you a bit more is all." He gave a sly little wink, his own face turning a soft red when he winked.

@Arsenal

Spoiler

[Spencer][HP:540][EN:54][DMG: 4][MIT: 74][Thorns: 36 DMG][ACC: +1][REC: +1][REG: +1]

The body of water drew nearer as Spencer asked his question, making Nicholas stop. "Born and raised in Japan, but my dad and my uncle are from the US. Kentucky actually." He would give his kind date a gentle smile as he reminisced. "It was this nice little town right off the river where Grandpa Max had this beautiful farm. Sometimes my cousins and I would go out and fish at three in the morning and swipe some of grandpa's alcohol on the way out. Never got in trouble but I doubt we actually got away with it." He would say, looking at the water before the pair as if he missed those days.

Soon they were close enough that the old man would notice them, and bring his boat ashore to talk to the two. "Why hello, what's a fine pair of gentlemen come out all this way for? That Hannah lass send you out here from over yonder?" He would ask, tying the boat to a small stump a short walk from the boat. Arsenal would materialize the fishing rod for the old man who would inspect it carefully before giving them a gap-toothed smile. "That there's a fine cane pole, I tell you what. Hannah always been a nice girl that she has. Anyhow, you two seem like mighty capable fellers to pull that big ol' bastard in, would you mind helping an old man out? I done rastled him this morn and he ain't come near settled since."

"I'd be glad to help sir, you don't worry about this fish anymore, Spencer and I'll get it." The man volunteers, stepping onto the boat and extending a hand to help Spencer climb aboard.

@Spencer

Spencer can not help but smile as Arsenal begins to talk about his life in Japan. He was surprised to hear that Arsenal also had some connection with the United States as well. "I was never such a bad boy like you were as a kid apparently," Spencer laughs a bit, "But I did get into a bit of trouble from time to time." He pauses and takes Arsenal's hand, blushing softly as he steps on to the boat. The boat rocks a bit and he stumbles into the man, his blush returning.

"For me, I loved to explore mountains and different cavernous features. So... I would go off by myself a lot. Michigan had some really cool geographic features. A place I deemed 'Paradise Point' was about 30 minutes from my house. I'd drive down those dirt roads almost every day in order to explore the shore of Lake Superior and walk along the cliff edge. There were also some really pretty sand coves and hidden beaches." He beamed thinking about his life, nostalgic for his life back in the states.

"I've never been fishing though, except for when I did this quest myself, so hopefully you will do better than I did.... Tell me a bit more about your family, if you do not mind. I don't have a lot of family so I love hearing about bigger families."

@Arsenal

Nicholas pulled Spencer onto the boat and kicked his boot into the dirt as the old man untied the boat from the stump. Quickly, Nicholas would start pulling the rope in and coiling it on the floor of the boat, before grabbing the pole and switching to the flat end of the vessel. "My dad had quite a few siblings, who all bred like bunnies. I had so many cousins that it was never a dull moment. Aunt Shelly had 12 kids in 14 years, they were all little assholes." He would say. His voice almost sounded like an annoyed older brother. "I am the oldest of all my cousins, and as such had to teach all of them how to get away with doing stupid stuff, but Aunt Shelly never said a word to them when we got caught, and somehow I was catching the heat from both sets of parents every time." His hand would place itself tightly around the fishing rod, before he tossed the hook in and started waiting.

"My two younger cousins actually joined SAO at the start. Dustin is cool, kind and funny. He was very quiet when my uncle passed, but he opened up once he stepped into Aincrad. My other cousin..." Nicholas would stare into the water as the bobber bounced up and down, but no harsh pulls had occurred. "He wasn't so lucky..."

Suddenly a sharp yank almost ripped Arsenal out of the boat, as he leapt to his feet and planted them on the walls of the ship, he ripped his arms back and started reeling the sucker in. "I got him. Get ready to finish this sucker off."

ID: 177301 CD: 12 (Caught)

Sword-Fish: 35/35 HP | DMG: 5 (50 on first hit)

Arsenal: 120/120 HP | 12/12 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 EVA

@Spencer: ?

Edited by Arsenal

Spencer could not help but laugh at Nicholas's description of his family. "12 Kids? Jesus, how is that woman still breathing." He muttered partially under his breath as the man was still talking about his family life. He felt a pinprick of envy grow in his chest as Nicholas continued to talk about his cousins and his large family. Must have been nice. I feel like having a big family would be irritating.. but that house would always be full of the people you love. 

He was brought out of his envious thoughts by the man commenting on the passing of his uncle and possibly one of his cousins. Spencer frowned softly and stepped forward, wrapping his left arm around the man, holding on to his side lightly. "I'm sorry to hear-" His condolences were cut off by the fish coming from the water, a hell of a lot quicker than what he had to deal with.

Spencer twisted the mace in his hand and sighed softly, looking at the large fish. "Round two, buddy." He smirked and watched as the fish slowly got reeled in. All of the sudden the fish launched forward at the two of them. Spencer spun around Arsenal and bashed the Fish against the head. The fish made a weird gurgling sound and flopped on the bottom of the boat, looking dizzy and out of the water. "Well... I think it's stunned for a minute. You're up."

Sword-Fish: 19/35 HP | DMG: 5 (50 on first hit) [Stunned]

Arsenal: 120/120 HP | 12/12 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 EVA

Spencer: 540/540 HP | 47/54 EN | 4 DMG | 74 MIT | 36 Thorns | 1 ACC | 1 REC | 1 REG
Hate: 2

ID: 177302 BD: 10+1 = 11 MD: N/A CD: 3 (No Regen) [Stunned] Used Strike Heart 4 x 4 DMG + Stun

@Arsenal

Edited by Spencer

As the fish's bladed snout rapidly approached the pair, Arsenal had planned to take the brunt of the attack, but before he could do anything Spencer had already bonked it up side the head before watching it flop to the floor and flail for a moment. Arsenal's spear started to glow, and his hands spun as he slammed the end into the pesky critter. That wouldn't be enough though, so he turned around and placed the shaft on his should and heaved the fish up. Backing up and bending over in one swift motion, Arsenal would use the Fish as a hammer on this nail of a boat.

As it lay there motionless, Nick sits on the edge of the boat. His face falls into his hands and he lets out a sigh. It had been a long time since he had even spoken about his little cousin. "Sorry, had to take a breather." His smile would appear softer but less genuine as he looked at Spencer. 

"Now, I guess that gives us time for our first real date." 

Arsenal would pull the boat ashore with the rope tied to the nose, before coiling it around that same stump, and he would look towards Spencer and wave. "Grab the fish, I'll make sure this is good here I guess." Nicholas was always given the responsibility of securing the boat during family fishing trips, so by now he was pretty damn good at it.

Sword-Fish: 0/35 HP | DMG: 5 (50 on first hit) [Stunned][DEAD]

Arsenal: 120/120 HP | 8/12 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 EVA

Spencer: 540/540 HP | 47/54 EN | 4 DMG | 74 MIT | 36 Thorns | 1 ACC | 1 REC | 1 REG
Hate: 2

ID: 177303 BD: 6 (hit)

6 * 4 = 24

19 - 24 = 0

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

Spencer frowned softly and nodded as the man had to take a minute after mentioning his family. As he got around to tying up the boat, Spencer went and picked up the fish. You seem slimier than the last time I caught you. He mentally grumbled and placed the item into his inventory. "And yes, we can finally go on an actual date." He walked over to the man and looked at him. "So, shall we do dinner? It is starting to get a bit late, considering we have been questing most of the day away." Spencer looked up to see the sun getting closer and closer to sunset. "I don't know many places around here to eat so I'm trusting your judgement cutie." He winked and stepped off the boat, offering his hand to the man this time.

After the two of them get off the boat, Spencer turns to look around the dock and the area in front of them. "This floor really is pretty. Do you have a favorite floor? Mine would be 7. I love the mountainous area. But floor 4 is always gorgeous. The winter is my favorite time of year... well so is fall." He smiled and adjusted his scarf.