[PP-F1] Guild Bonding, Round Two [Second Lessons] (Grimm Reaper)

"Now for Part 2." Aquan quickly marks the second quest as his tracked quest and heads off to find the guy he was suppose to deliver this item to, hopefully in a timely manner. Aquarian walks up to the shop and waves hello to the NPCs that are in the building. He does not take much time socializing with them before going to start the second of these quests. Lyle smiles as Aquan and begins telling him about the material he needed from Boar Tusks. "Do you want to take the lead on these boars? Or should I?" He sighed and looked at his hilt, knowing that he was going to have to go hunting down animals. He was not against hunting, but he knew that he didn't need to hunt in order to eat. Even though these creatures were virtual, it still hurt him a bit on the inside to have to slay these creatures. "I'm assuming you have done these quests before Grimm? Are the boars difficult to take on? Or could someone of my level handle them? I'm assuming I should be able to take them all on, I just worry about there being too many. I do not have any sort of attack that is considered an 'AOE' so I'm not sure of what I could do to take on multiple enemies at once." Aquan shrugged and began walking to where the quest put them for the Boars.

Spoiler

Level 11
HP: 220
EN: 22
LD: +1
SD: +1
DMG: +1

Equipped:
Rare Tier 1 1HSS: Paralyze, Bleed
Uncommon Tier 1 Light Armor: Evasion
Perfect Tier 1 Trinket: Loot Die +3

Skills:
Gathering
1HSS Rank 1
Searching Rank 1

Aquan: HP: 220 | EN: 22 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 1 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | PARA | BLD |

Edited by Aquan

Ozwald chuckled at how worried Aquan appeared to be, not in a way that was intended to be mean, but rather in such a way that was joyous and charming. "At your level? you should still be able to turn those boar pups into puree. I had to fight a few larger boars with mine, and even they didn't give me much trouble." Ozwald reassured his lower level companion, making sure that he felt completely comfortable going forward with this quest, it wasn't hard, honestly quite the opposite. The beginner quests were more for getting people used to the system, the really hard stuff would come later. "You should be able to get the materials in no time, you might even have time to look around the plains here for a bit. They are truly beautiful." Ozwald commented gesturing towards the rolling fields and plains that surrounding the beginner village speckled with a few trees here and there, along with a few lakes that accentuated the beauty of the world that they found themselves trapped in. 

Spoiler

Name: Grimm Reaper
Level: 30
HP: 600/600
EN: 60/60

Stats:
Damage: 14
Mitigation: 5
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 3
BLD:24
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Razor's Edge(Tier 2/Perfect/Handwraps)[Bleed 2][ACC 1]
Armor: Rogue's Gambit(Tier 2/Perfect/Light Armor)[EVA 1][REC 2]
Misc: Two Sided Coin(TIer 1/Perfect/Trinket)[ACC 2][EVA 1]

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 1]
Hiding [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter [Rank 2]

Mods:
Martial Arts Finesse [Rank 3]

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(+50 hp)*3
[T1]Health potions(rare)(+40 HP)*5
[T1]Damage potion(uncommon)(+1 DAM)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Hiding): +1 Rank to the Hiding skill.
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Aquan sighed and smiled softly at the relief that Grimm was giving him about the wolves and how dangerous/ not dangerous they were. "Thank you. Sometimes I feel like I'm still level 1. Obviously I'm only level 11, but with everyone I know being higher leveled than me, it can be very daunting. Even you, someone I call a friend, could take me out... That was morbid, my apologies. But I believe you get the idea." He shrugged, looking down at the grass underneath them as they walked into the fields.

"I would love to explore the plains! That sounds like a really nice time. Every time I go and hang out with someone, it seems like I have to be doing a quest or training in order to have some sort of social interaction," he paused, "I'm not using you for your ability to help me with the quest I promise. I enjoy your company. I hope I'm not taking you from spending time with your partner. Valentine is also my friend and I would hate to make you spend less time together. I know when I first started questing I asked him multiple times to hang out so I thought I would switch and ask you this time." He smiled warmly at his companion.

"Oh you have no reason to thank me." Ozwald responded to the kind hearted man before himself "I like being of service, I am glad that I am able to help such a competent man become a big shot, just remember me when you become famous okay?" Ozwald joked smiling sincerely. "And yeah, completely exploring around the first and fourth floor are a good past time, one that I enjoy quite a bit. I would love to join you on one such outing sometime." Ozwald truly meant it, he and Aquan seemed to have fairly similar interests and personalities, so from Ozwald's perspective they got along amazingly. "Oh no don't worry, it is always nice to spend time apart from your loved ones, helps me not take their existence for granted. I know when I go home he will be waiting for me, so it's all fine and dandy." Ozwald never stopped smiling throughout the entire conversation.

"I NEED to explore the fourth floor more! I haven't done much of 'hiking' because of the creatures that can kill you easily, but I love to hike so much. It was half of my 'job'," he does air quotes, "back home. I need to pick it up again. Did you do much hiking in the real world? Also, you are more a big shot than I ever could be." He smiles, his smile completely genuine. He blinked for a moment when Grimm mentioned loved ones and Valentine waiting for him. "I suppose. I only had a few years away from my parents so I suppose I'm used to the idea of being around people constantly. That may explain why I ask people to quest with me all the time." He paused for a moment and shrugged. "Anyways, how long is the rest of this quest chain? I know we are doing part 2, but I heard that there are at least 2 more parts? Are they as difficult or as fast as the rest of them? I want to make sure we will have enough sun light for the rest of these quests."

• 2 weeks later...

"I love hiking, really just the outdoors in general. Taking long walks through the forest has always been one of my favorite activities." Ozwald answered one of the thousand questions that Aquan had posed for him, so many questions were thrown out that Ozwald found it hard to ask any himself but he was fine with that he was still learning a lot about the companion who he was helping through the beginner quests. "And I am really not much, at most a mid level fighter. You will definitely be there in no time." Ozwald encouraged his friend, he truly wanted to see him get far especially with how similar they seemed to be. "This quest line? There are only two quests and they aren't much of an issue, but I will leave them as a surprise to you." Ozwald told Aquan more about the questline that he was currently running the younger man through.

• 1 month later...

He nodded along and looked around. "Okay. I apologize for asking so much. I know my constant stream of questions and thoughts can and does unnerve people. Thank you for being so accepting about all of it. I really do appreciate it." He smiles warmly at his companion before taking another look around. "Probably another 5 minutes before we get to where we need to get to. Should I begin the fight? Or should I leave that to you? I'm not sure what your interests are in terms of battle strategy. I'm assuming we have the ability to take them on without major issue though. Considering this quest line is meant for those who are fresh into the game and we both have some levels on ourselves. You more than me." He shrugs a bit, not sure what else to say on that thought.

There's a moment of silence between the two of them. "Do you think you'll be a Front Liner? Sorry to randomly break the silence, but I'm interested to see other people's perspectives on that role."

Questing with Aquan was a massive change from his usual questing partners, there was very little silence, but that wasn't bad, honestly Ozwald liked the conversation. "Your questions don't bother me at all." Ozwald responded chuckling at how much the bigger man apologized with no ill intent in his mind at all. "Well I'd say I could just take them on for you like Chase did for me, but I think you can handle them a lot better than I could've handled them at the time, I will let you fight them, but if you need my help in any way all you have to do is ask." Ozwald was pretty sure that Aquan being so much higher level than the quest would have absolutely no problem taking care of the monsters himself. An uncustomary silence grew between the pair as they walked, it wasn't awkward at all, at least not to Ozwald, just quiet. Soon though this silence was interrupted by yet another question from the tall blonde man. "Hmmm, I haven't put a lot of thought into it with me being fairly far away from the right level. But probably, I want to be a warrior representing the people who can't fight for themselves." Ozwald responded a fire burning in his eyes as he referenced the goal that he told Are when he took on his separate mantle as the Spectre. "What about you, what are your plans for the higher levels and floors?"

Aquan's faced soured softly when Chase was mentioned. He knew that the man did nothing wrong to him specifically, but the fear the guild put into him was reason enough for him to have an aversion to the man. He quickly tried to think of different things, luckily Grimm continued the conversation and gave a question in response to his own. "Me? Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm wanting to develop my combat skill beyond questing and slightly experience grinding. However, I will be trying to craft more items, so I will possibly focus my efforts on creating items. That is the plan for now." He smiled and nodded, the two of them walking for a while.

The two came across where the animals are usually at and he readied his weapon. He had been here before, in terms of combat. He knew what he had to do. He sighed and ran towards the Boar. He began to audibly count out his steps, and with one fatal swing, his blade cut through the Boar and killed it in one hit. Unfortunately an item did not drop, but that first combat was over fast. "Oh... That, wow." He muttered and looked at his sword.

ID: 183052 BD: 7 [2x3=6]
ID: 183053 LD: 5 + 4 = 9 [No Tusk]

Aquan: HP: 220 | EN: 19/22 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 1 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | PARA | BLD |
Grimm: ??
Boar 1: HP 5/5 | DMG: 3 |

Edited by Aquan

Ozwald noticed Aquan's response when it came to Chase, frowning a bit inside. Ozwald truly believed that Chase was a good man, and seeing how much hatred was being pushed towards him made his heart feel heavy. He would have to confront the blue haired man soon. "A crafter? They are just as important, if not more important than the front liners themselves." Ozwald replied making sure to let Aquan know that he completely understood his goal and that it was one that he appreciated, if no one knew how to make a sword than how would the front liners get their gear?

Ozwald hopped onto a nearby boulder sitting cross legged watching the man fight the small boar pups.  chuckling as he counted out his steps on the way to finish it off. Ozwald clapped lightly when he killed his first boar, sadly no tusk dropped, but that was fine. "See I told you you would be fine."

Aquan smiled a bit and nodded when Grimm gave him a compliment. "It seems to be almost a formula to combat sometimes. Watch the choreographed attack and then strike when the creature is on cool down. I'm not sure if there is a technique to acquiring more materials or a better roll system for attacking." He shrugs and turns to see another Boar. He grips his sword, feeling a tad bit more confident in what he was going to do. He knew that he did not know many things about techniques or the ability he had to fight, but so far he was doing okay!

He duplicated the technique he used on the last boar, but this time he did not count out loud. He spun around and jabbed three times at the boar, it dying similar to how the other animal did. "Okay!" He smiled and turned to Grimm. "So far no Boar tusk. Should I be doing anything differently?"

ID: 183057 BD: 6 [2x3=6]
ID: 183058 LD: 6+4=10 [No Tusk]

Aquan: HP: 220 | EN: 17/22 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 1 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | PARA | BLD |
Boar 2: HP 5/5 | DMG: 3 |

Edited by Aquan

"I honestly don't know if there is any technique to it or not." Ozwald kept watching Aquan from atop his rock knowing that the man would have no trouble facing the creatures inside. "I think the easiest option is just killing as many as possible." Ozwald didn't fully remember when he did this quest, but he knew that all he did was kill the small boars and hope for a drop to fall from them. Ozwald enjoyed watching the taller skinny man, the way he fought was somehow both methodical and graceful it was definitely a sight to behold. Ozwald couldn't wait to see what would happen once Aquan became higher level and became more confident, he knew that Aquan's fighting would look marvelous. For now though all he could do was sit and wait for Aquan to get lucky. Which seemingly was going to take a while, but that was fine by him.

He listened to Grimm and nodded. He was happy to have someone watching out for him during this combat. He knew that these boars could not do much to him because of his stats and his experience. "I wonder how many will do it. With killing them in one hit, it should not take many swings and enemies in order to take them out, but I'm not positive. I wonder if we could find a higher spawning of Boars area in order to take more out at once-" Aquan's voice cut off as a boar rammed into his side, sending him to the dirt. That was one of the first times he had ever been struck by a monster, and it was a bit disorienting. He sighed softly and got up for the ground, dusting himself off. "Well, maybe I should cool my talking." He looked at the boar and stuck out his sword, waiting for a moment to go back into the fight.

ID: 183091 BD: 3 [Miss]
ID: 183092 MD: 10-1=9 [3 DMG]

Aquan: HP: 217/220 | EN: 16/22 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 1 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | PARA | BLD |
Boar 3: HP 5/5 | DMG: 3 |

Edited by Aquan

"When I fought them I found a cave that was guarded by larger boars and had some boar pups in the back of it." Ozwald tried to remember his experience with this, it was a long time ago, all he remembered were boars that were much larger and a cave, oh and the fact that he almost died. Ozwald didn't know what had happened, one second Aquan was fine standing there talking with him, and then suddenly he was on the ground. Ozwald laughed knowing that the danger was nothing serious. "You have to watch out for those charges, most people didn't fight boars with swords, it is very inefficient." Ozwald explained figuring that Aquan already knew at least as much as he did with how knowledgeable the man was. "I believe in you Aquan you got this." Ozwald decided that it was time to be the cheerleader that he was destined to be and give his compatriot some encouragement. 

"Cave..." He muttered and began to look around for a possible cave around him. He felt a little bad about his fighting tactics when Grimm reminded him that he was fighting with a more ineffectual weapon. He sighed and looked at his 1HSS. He picked it because it seemed like a basic weapon that was not going to cause him major trouble in figuring it out. It's difficult now because he is slowly running into situations that different builds or items would prove far more beneficial than other items. His self degradation and over-analysis ended when Grimm complimented him. It made him smile, and made his heart feel warm to have the man rooting for him. 

Aquan rolled his shoulders and pointed the sword out forward. He decided to go on the offensive and ran at the boar. He jabbed once, spun, jabbed again, and spun one more time in quick succession in order to mess with the boar's direction tracking. The third and final jab killed the creature, it dropping a small tusk on the ground. "I got one!" He cheered and smiled at Grimm, looking genuinely happy. "What is usually the best weapon to use for fighting smaller creatures? Daggers seem difficult unless it is stealth attacking. War Hammers and 2 handed weapons seem more difficult to manage.... Maybe Rapier? That was my second choice for a weapon."

ID: 183151 BD: 10 [3x4=12 DMG]
ID: 183152 LD: 15 [1 Boar tusk]

Aquan: HP: 217/220 | EN: 14/22 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 1 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | PARA | BLD |
Boar 3: HP 5/5 | DMG: 3 |

Boar Tusks: 1/3

Edited by Aquan

"Well the issue doesn't necessarily come with the size of the creature, but rather the way that they choose to fight." Ozwald began explaining to Aquan, when you got him going he could talk someone's ear off almost as much as his current companion, and it seems Aquan has done just that. "Take the boar for example. It fights with a reckless charge, and when combined with its fairly low intellect the perfect weapon would be a spear or polearm." Ozwald continued his explanation making simple gestures to make his points more clear. "You can brace the end of a spear into the ground and the boar will charge right into it. At least that is in the real world." Ozwald wasn't sure if he needed to keep going or if his explanation was enough, ultimately he decided that another example might be helpful. "When you are talking something smarter and faster than the boar that is where your sword and rapier have the advantage. They have a lot more control and allow you to easily swipe at the most opportune time. All in all though it depends on the style that makes you comfortable." Ozwald liked taking on a teacher like role even though he didn't know much so he continued "With me I use my fists because that is what makes me comfortable, despite the weapon having terrible reach and putting me in much more harms way. So far it seems like this one handed sword suits you well. You handle yourself with amazing grace and know how to analyze where an opponent will be rather than where he is so I think it is perfect for you." Ozwald ended off his rant with a compliment towards Aquan that he completely believed. 

Aquan listened intently to everything that the man was saying. It was nice to get this level of information from someone who seemed to be a very seasoned player. The talk about weapon types and combat abilities helped him picture himself in the conversation. It was very nice for a change to just sit and listen to someone talk, at least Aquan thought it was nice. "Okay.. I believe I am following what you are say," he paused and smiled, "and thank you Grimm. For helping me with this. While I'm taking on these creatures by myself, it is still nice to have someone who can both match my communicative.... stamina, and being a good friend." He felt the warmth in his chest again as he talked to Grimm, thanking him.

Aquan sighed and decided to attempt what he did just moments before. He ran at the boar and spun three times, each spin allowing him another blow on the boar as he confused the system. The 4th boar he had fought in this battle fell and gave him a second Boar Tusk. "Just one more to go! Hopefully the next one will give it to me so we can finish this up."

ID: 183157 BD: 9
ID: 183158 LD: 17

Aquan: HP: 217/220 | EN: 12/22 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 1 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | PARA | BLD |
Boar 4: HP 5/5 | DMG: 3 |

Boar Tusks: 2/3

Edited by Aquan

"I am in no rush. After all I have good company." Ozwald admitted that he was actually enjoying himself Aquan fought almost like a dancer and it was amazing especially when compared to his own fighting style, which he didn't think had much pizzazz. "Any time you think you might want help I can come down off this rock, but it seems like you have this fairly under control." 

Ozwald watched for another boar to appear so that he could warn Aquan before it came charging at him, but it seemed like his vantage point wasn't that great, Aquan had much more view of the surrounding area than he did. "I don't know all that much about actual combat really. These are all just theories. All I know is how to throw a punch really, and that's only because of the real world." Ozwald admitted to his friend. The only reason that he fought with his fists was due to the small amount of training he had in it while he was helping his friend train, the very same one who was meant to join him in this world. Ozwald was glad she hadn't but he still missed her dearly.

Aquan's face lit up in a blush from the constant praise that Grimm was feeling. Anytime Valentine, or any man, would compliment him, he would feel strange about it. His body would feel like it was wrong to be complimented by them. However with Grimm, it was easier for him to accept the praise as what it is, praise at a job well done. "I believe I am okay. Training one on one will help when I'm by myself. I do not plan on questing by myself all the time, but having some experience with it will definitely help me in the long run. But thank you for the offer of combat assistance." He nodded to Grimm and decided to focus back on the battle.

Aquan spotted another Boar and began to race towards it, but it seemed this one had a slightly different attack pattern, one that made it easier for him to avoid attacks, or at least dodge Aquan's attacks. The strike fell short, and Aquan just barely dodged the strike the Boar was going to return. "Okay... Hey Grimm, may I ask about your life before Sword Art Online? You mentioned experience with using your hands during combat."

ID: 183159 BD: 1 [Miss]
ID: 183160 MD: 6 - 1 = 5 [Miss]

Aquan: HP: 217/220 | EN: 11/22 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 1 | LD: 4 | SD: 1 | PARA | BLD |
Boar 5: HP 5/5 | DMG: 3 |

Boar Tusks: 2/3

Edited by Aquan

"That's smart I know there are a few quests that have to be taken on solo, the practice is a fairly good idea." Ozwald was mainly thinking of the Gemini quest that he had heard about, he didn't know anything about it really just that you have to do it completely alone. Ozwald hoped that Aquan would be able to handle those sorts of quests when he got to them, he would hate to see someone he considered a close friend lose like that. 

"My life before Aincrad? There isn't a whole lot to tell." Ozwald thought briefly about his life there truly wasn't much to say he had lived with his parents until they died, and then moved in with his aunt in Japan and lived their until the game happened. "Well I was born in Britain, hence the accent. I moved to Japan though when my parent's passed. There I made friends with a girl named Yuri, she wanted to be an Olympic Martial Arts fighter, so I helped her train a lot, picked up some of my skills from her but it isn't nearly as much as she has." Ozwald finished his explanation it was overly simple, but it was the general things about his life someone might want to know.